Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Prophet rune because your armor goes through the roof. You become more tanky than any other class. I get 45000 - 49000 armor with Prophet rune depending on if i go str gem or diamond gem in my gear. That's like 93% damage mitigation.

Prophet rune because your armor goes through the roof. You become more tanky than any other class. I get 45000 - 49000 armor with Prophet rune depending on if i go str gem or diamond gem in my gear. That's like 93% damage mitigation.

All this talk about high defense is making me nostalgic for my old zealerdin.

Oh, these were the days....

bXBNbs4.jpg

My first Rift of Trials got me to rank 24. I started a Greater Rank 24 rift and beat it in 9 minutes 16 seconds. That gave me an option to upgrade two gems I got which were both garbage or to pick a GRift upgrade gem. Upgraded GRift gem and got a rank 30 one. Time to do rank 30 Grift!

Just did a rank 18 with some people who hadn't done them before.
Almost lost 1 guy during the trials (I warned them it was going to hurt).

Lost a wiz during the actual grift to some crazy fire chains.

Shit's hard. If you play HC be warned. I think Rank 20 is equivalent to T3. Since you're on a timer you'll be moving fast so it actually feels a bit harder.
I'm done for the night, it's almost DDOS time.

So just got done reading through several pages of the Diablo wiki...holy crap, there have been so many changes. Rifts, GRifts, enchanting, blood shards, Bounties, Adventure Mode...a lot to take in. After playing through Campaign mode once through Act 5, should I just switch to adventure mode and bounties? I'm playing through my first Campaign in Master right now; assumed I still had to go through Normal/Nightmare/Hell, etc, and that was a layer on top of those modes, similar to inferno level, but is that the case? Damn, so many modifiers and game modes now, a bit confusing just jumping in, even having played D3.

You can switch to bounties at anytime I believe, but I'd recommend just finishing the campaign on a character then switch to adventure mode.

Whenever you craft the crafted piece will be set to your level. It all scales

I don't think this is correct. I just crafted an Aughild's piece last night on accident and it was still a level 40 item even though my Crusader is lvl 62. The stats were lvl 40 based as well.

I don't think this is correct. I just crafted an Aughild's piece last night on accident and it was still a level 40 item even though my Crusader is lvl 62. The stats were lvl 40 based as well.

That's because there are two versions of many of the sets: a lower-level version and a lvl 70 version. Gear does not scale with characters in D3.

In the case of Captain Crimson, there is the level 31 set Captain Crimson's Finery and the level 70 set Captain Crimson's Trimmings.

Aughild's also has two versions, the level 42 set Aughild's Victory and the level 70 set Aughild's Authority.

The Game Guide has all the information you need and is a good place to start.

You can switch to bounties at anytime I believe, but I'd recommend just finishing the campaign on a character then switch to adventure mode.

To do adventure mode you must first finish campaign mode with at least one toon. Once you do campaign it's really not necessary to repeat it unless you just want to.

Servers down, but not sure if DDOS or what.

Just completed a goblin rift on T6 and ended up with 102 mill in gold.

Was in and finished a few rounds of 2.1, Got kicked out now sitting in a login queue. Was 2 minutes, then 9, then 7 and now 12. Looks like I'm done for the night.

I'm starting to think the goblins don't spawn rifts if you're inside a rift already.
I've killed at least 40 today.

Nope, you're right. They don't spawn in rifts, only outside of them.

Found one in Fields of well you know the name (act I map) and Dug Oasis in Act II while farming keywardens.

Nope, you're right. They don't spawn in rifts, only outside of them.

Found one in Fields of well you know the name (act I map) and Dug Oasis in Act II while farming keywardens.

Treasure goblins can spawn in packs in rifts but its rare

Goblins can definitely spawn in rifts. They don't spawn in Greater Rifts to my knowledge, just regular ones.

I just ran through a Goblin Rift for the first time. Hilarious.

But then the game kicked me out and I'm not waiting in a damn queue to get back in, so that's all for tonight, and probably the next few days.

Goblins can definitely spawn in rifts. They don't spawn in Greater Rifts to my knowledge, just regular ones.
Goblins spawn in rifts, their portals do not.
From what I can tell. Like I've said I've killed at least 40 gobs today *INSIDE RIFTS* and no portals have opened.

Rekt

Queue positions #163

Will get in and 20 minutes later they'll get hit again, edit, lies, can't get past authenticating

These fucks do have a pretty decent K/D ratio though, at least 30:1, the 1 being Microsoft which they couldn't take down

Wow, so I had 75hrs or so in my Wizard back when D3 came out. I havent played since and I have never gotten a legendary in the 100 or so hrs across all my characters. 1 hr in to RoS and I have my very first legendary. Quite happy at the moment. I think I can keep playing as it seems stuff drops more often now.

DH is the new broken class. (ridiculous OP). LOL

Drop turret to win.

It is pretty powerful, I usually play DH and find letting the turret do all the work pretty unrewarding and boring. Running 3 hatred spenders without a generator is all the rage, but I usually run 2 spenders and do some of the work myself. I'm also only geared enough for T4 (HC) so I don't need to use the most efficient builds.

DH is the new broken class. (ridiculous OP). LOL

Drop turret to win.
I found one of the quivers that allows +2 sentries on my WD.
My DH is still level 50 or something, is it worth leveling them just to use it or do I need M6?

Also: I killed over 200 goblins last night, finally got the treasure portal, and the Hoarder gem doesn't proc from pet kills.

My DH is still level 50 or something, is it worth leveling them just to use it or do I need M6?

Also: I killed over 200 goblins last night, finally got the treasure portal, and the Hoarder gem doesn't proc from pet kills.

Whats this treasure portal you speak of?

I cant wait for my RoRG and my Marauder's chestpiece. Got the Bombadier's Rucksack and all other necessary components. Come on RNG

You'll need M6, Sentry is pretty "meh" without it, but I had an easier time getting M6 than that quiver...which I still don't have. Also (just an FYI since getting a full set can seem daunting) you don't need M6 to get in to the mid-torment levels, I was doing T2 and T3 with the standard DH cluster arrow build.

Last edited:
Whats this treasure portal you speak of?

When doing bounties (not rifts) and you kill a treasure goblin there is a random chance that it will spawn a portal to it's realm. Enter and you go on a loot spree that ends in a Boss that when killed yields a huge loot drop. I made around 40 million last night on my first one.

My first drop last night was a decently rolled Starmetal Kukri. Quite a surprise when it dropped, now I need to farm for a Ralamandi's Gift. And Gem upgrades. And better jewelery to put gems in. And my Zuni set bonus...

Damn, game just sucked me back in now :D

When doing bounties (not rifts) and you kill a treasure goblin there is a random chance that it will spawn a portal to it's realm. Enter and you go on a loot spree that ends in a Boss that when killed yields a huge loot drop. I made around 40 million last night on my first one.

Repeatedly crushing the end boss with the treasure chest lid was extremely satisfying :cool:

Pretty sure I'm going Wizard on my HC season run.

Magic Missile - Glacial Spike
Meteor - Star Impact
Arcane Dynamo

completely insane Star Impact is completely amazing now with Arcane dynamo active I hit for 100 million crit where before 2.1 start impact was around 10 million crit.

My tempest rush can now do T1 nearly as fast as I was doing normal.

Just found marauder chest on my WD last night also.
At this rate I will have full M6 geared DH in a week and I don't even have a DH.

It's like blizzard wants me to switch to the FOTM class.

Can someone copy/paste the path notes in here? DH's finally got some love? I have a 69 DH that I never bothered to continue playing because i got sick of the silly balance decisions.

Back