Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Only 8 days until the Reaper of Souls console release

Super excited, I might never play the PC version again (unless 2.1 finally comes out) :)

I don't see a reason to double dip on this. Its soooo grindy at the end. Maybe if i just played through it again with fresh chars and not power leveling to just get to the grind stage it would be alright.

But the fact that we dont get shared accounts sucks too...hmmm Vita Remove play sounds nice though....easy way to grind and watch TV/do something more interesting at the same time

I don't see a reason to double dip on this. Its soooo grindy at the end. Maybe if i just played through it again with fresh chars and not power leveling to just get to the grind stage it would be alright.

But the fact that we dont get shared accounts sucks too...hmmm Vita Remove play sounds nice though....easy way to grind and watch TV/do something more interesting at the same time

After playing the PS3 version a lot, I think its more fun with the controller. I like the direct control and it feels different sitting in the living room. I will probably play a melee class on the PS4 since I've primarily played range on the PC.

The whole game is an endless grind, that is part of the fun if you like collecting loot and messing with different specs. Reaper of Souls only added a few hours of actual content, its the ways you can access the content that make it interesting.

D2 was so great because you could show off your chars in lobbies and the game felt more social.
D3 pretty much killed all of that.

There are no chat lobbies, nobody is trading, I haven't even played with anyone except my friends. Although I do play HC so I don't trust pub games. Maybe the new clans/communities help with that. I hope so.

I wish they'd bring back lobbies in some form or another. Even WoW has trade chat + capital cities to show off your gear.

When you're in a community or a clan and you go to the information page it displays all of the online players with their current gear. Thing is it's kind of out of the way and ultimately with transmog it doesn't really mean anything.

Having an Offline mode for Hardcore characters would be worth the purchase price for me. But alas I haven't purchased a console in many years.

Eh, unless your internet constantly craps out it's not really an issue. You should also be preparing for such an event by making sure you don't die in 2 seconds/have your revive passive on. Or just play regular mode since I still don't feel like hardcore really adds much over regular.

Honestly the only point to hardcore is the achievements. Ever since the difficulty change there's not really even any challenge to HC, since you can just lower the difficulty such that enemies are unable to hurt you if you're afraid of dying. Used to be you had to play through nightmare and hell difficulty, which hell was quite dicey with no gear.

Most people I know that do play HC only just keep the difficulty on T1 anyway. The added risk of the higher torments isn't worth the reward.

The only reason I play hardcore is because you generally aren't playing with complete tools on T3 or so. I keep getting low levels with no gear even in T5 on normal.

And T1 is extremely boring, T3 is pretty easy and probably the best balance between XP/Gold and survivability.

Eh, unless your internet constantly craps out it's not really an issue.

half the time with hardcore characters its not the users internet connection, its blizzards servers that *hiccup* for 5 seconds.

you're dead 100%.

I had it happen to me when i was screwing around in town with a level 10 character, the chat went CRAZY with pisst off people.

How is the console version better than the PC version?

To me it plays much better with analog sticks for movement and buttons for attacks. Targeting AOE is a bit harder, however damn near everything else is easier for me, especially when avoiding things. Consoles players get a "dodge" move with the right stick as well which makes the combat feel more dynamic instead of standing in one place like a turret, then moving, then standing in place again while frantically clicking.

Last edited:
I decided to play D3 again and try my old DH level 60 and long forgotten.
Whats a good build to use leveling to 70?
Had one guy tell me it takes 30 minutes to level 60 to 70 what is he talking about?
After making this statement he would not reply.

If you have high-level gems, high paragon level, or power leveling yes it's fast.
For a regular person 60-70 takes a few hours.

Finish ACT 5 as quickly as possible... as in, on Normal difficulty to unlock adventure mode asap.

Had one guy tell me it takes 30 minutes to level 60 to 70 what is he talking about?

Just play the content from 60 to the end, it is pretty good. You will probably kill the last boss around level 65 or 66. You could power level 60->70 very quickly (with other people helping you), however you would miss some neat content.

Last edited:

Not sure if this is still true, but someone can correct me if it isn't:

Hit 70 before you kill the end boss, so you get a lvl 70 legendary.

30 min to get from 60 to 70 in Rift It Forward communities. You level up just from the t6 rift turn in.

And yes, hit 70 before killing Malthael.

You always get the plans for Reaper Wraps as one unless you already have the plan AFAIK. Also I think you are almost guaranteed a legendary within 1 hour of playtime, although I think that depends if you are playing Torment vs Normal.

I leveled 1 to 70 completely in adventure mode.
Is it worth running the story to get the boss kills? Will I get legendaries from each boss?

I leveled 1 to 70 completely in adventure mode.
Is it worth running the story to get the boss kills? Will I get legendaries from each boss?

Only Malthael is guaranteed to drop 2 legendaries. So no, it's not worth it to run through the story. Might make sense to have it completed on one character, but you just need to find someone who already did the fight (Probably 99% of players, especially in the HOCP clan)

If you really want to grind it completely then yeah just do what you need to do to unlock Adventure mode. Im not sure if it still works but there used to be a way to cheat it where you only have to complete the end boss without playing the rest and it unlocks if someone you know is at that point in their game.

that being said, the entire endgame is adventure mode grind and rifts, Sometimes the campaign is a nice change of pace for low level chars

made 70 last night on the DH. Not hard, played story line until 65 then switched over to doing bounties.
At 70 I had to try a strafe build. wasn't that powerful and in any long fight hatred was unable to keep up.
I guess there might be a way to stack regen but only then would this seem like a good build. I was using a bow and not an X-bow so speed might have something to do with part of it.
Will try again this weekend, I have cindercoat No Sockets, magefist, SOJ and the ring that gives one less set piece bonus.Some crap leg bow. Might craft captains pants, legs and boots.
Do you just socket emeralds or what? he has about 800-860 on all res.
Might start trying for Marauders set, anyone know the gambling levels for the pieces? which one to try for first? I need helmet and shoulders but not if they are some 1 1,000,000 gamble thing.
I miss the AH

made 70 last night on the DH. Not hard, played story line until 65 then switched over to doing bounties.
At 70 I had to try a strafe build. wasn't that powerful and in any long fight hatred was unable to keep up.
I guess there might be a way to stack regen but only then would this seem like a good build. I was using a bow and not an X-bow so speed might have something to do with part of it.
Will try again this weekend, I have cindercoat No Sockets, magefist, SOJ and the ring that gives one less set piece bonus.Some crap leg bow. Might craft captains pants, legs and boots.
Do you just socket emeralds or what? he has about 800-860 on all res.
Might start trying for Marauders set, anyone know the gambling levels for the pieces? which one to try for first? I need helmet and shoulders but not if they are some 1 1,000,000 gamble thing.
I miss the AH

Marauders set is definitely what you want to go for. Gloves, Shoulders, Pants, Helm, Boots, Chest in that order, I believe, easiest to hardest to gamble for, but then again...RNG. Shoulders and boots were the hardest for me to get, only have 1 of each. I have 3 backups (on hardcore) of everything else.

This is the list I use...https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cCU8RMu67WyBUAeOwYfYnaF7-IqwbkpgVVVno8_n_Sk/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

Best way is by running rifts and using Kadala?
Anything else I should be doing to boost drop rates? Running with groups? Although I prefer playing alone.

So far I only got a Mirrorball from Kadala on my wiz, but the class kinda sucks anyway.

Best way is by running rifts and using Kadala?
Anything else I should be doing to boost drop rates? Running with groups? Although I prefer playing alone.

So far I only got a Mirrorball from Kadala on my wiz, but the class kinda sucks anyway.

Play at the highest difficultly you can efficiently clear for better drop rates. Also playing in groups increases drop rates as well. And groups allow you to clear faster and do higher difficulty levels (presuming you have a competent group)... You lose quite a bit playing solo, particularly when gearing up.

Spend some time in Rift it Forward as well (before they nerf it). You will need lots of Rift keys for that however.

Last edited:
thanks for the link pureboo.

20 667

is that 1 chance in 20,667 shards gambled or 1 in 20,667 tries?

I'm two pieces short of Marauder's, I always seem to find pieces I already have (softcore, no need to keep doubles)

I'd also love to get that ring that reduces set requirements

I'm two pieces short of Marauder's, I always seem to find pieces I already have (softcore, no need to keep doubles)

I'd also love to get that ring that reduces set requirements

Run act 1 normal bounties and rinse repeat until you get one. I got about 6 but most all were crap. Once you get one move onto your set pieces. At least I think that is the standard protocol.

Run act 1 normal bounties and rinse repeat until you get one. I got about 6 but most all were crap. Once you get one move onto your set pieces. At least I think that is the standard protocol.

Great neck in Act 1 too!

Thanks. Now that I think about it, I have 5 pieces and no ring, but only wearing 4 (I have some stupid strong rare Gloves that have high CritDmg and high Crit% that gives me a huge boost in DPS and I don't want to change em till I get my set or that ring) :D

Edit: Does Legendary drop rate affect Set drop rates?

Last edited:
The patch will drop the same day as PoE's new expansion.
100% guarantee.

They're still adding stuff so I wouldn't expect it soon. The treasure goblin vault thing got added a few days ago and (apparently) the boss is still broken.

The patch will drop the same day as PoE's new expansion.
100% guarantee.

They're still adding stuff so I wouldn't expect it soon. The treasure goblin vault thing got added a few days ago and (apparently) the boss is still broken.

No, that's not new. The treasure goblin realm was just added to the diablo3.com website. It's been in the PTR for a very long time.

In fact they just changed the name. It used to be called Treasure Realm instead of Goblin Vault. Back when it first got implemented to the PTR, the end boss was bugged such that you couldn't pick up the loot without dying. I could go into more detail, but that would spoil it.

Back