Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

made 70 last night on the DH. Not hard, played story line until 65 then switched over to doing bounties.
At 70 I had to try a strafe build. wasn't that powerful and in any long fight hatred was unable to keep up.
I guess there might be a way to stack regen but only then would this seem like a good build. I was using a bow and not an X-bow so speed might have something to do with part of it.
Will try again this weekend, I have cindercoat No Sockets, magefist, SOJ and the ring that gives one less set piece bonus.Some crap leg bow. Might craft captains pants, legs and boots.
Do you just socket emeralds or what? he has about 800-860 on all res.
Might start trying for Marauders set, anyone know the gambling levels for the pieces? which one to try for first? I need helmet and shoulders but not if they are some 1 1,000,000 gamble thing.
I miss the AH

Try and get the Calamity x-bow. the one I have I almost salvaged since I didn't know what it was and it wasn't socketed. I was able to roll a socket into it and it is a great weapon. Lowers hit enemies health by 20%.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zepher-1253/hero/48061290
I also have the bombardiers rucksack since I use my Sentries a lot, I can drop 5 of them and they do a ton of damage, I can just run around and drop caltrops and let the sentries do all the work.

No, that's not new. The treasure goblin realm was just added to the diablo3.com website. It's been in the PTR for a very long time.

In fact they just changed the name. It used to be called Treasure Realm instead of Goblin Vault. Back when it first got implemented to the PTR, the end boss was bugged such that you couldn't pick up the loot without dying. I could go into more detail, but that would spoil it.

I watched a few vids of the treasure realm and it was awesome, haven't gotten a goblin to open a portal for me yet. that is one place I need to get to when 2.1 goes live since I have 0 gold. that dude with 1000 paragon has 6 billion gold, wtf!!!

I watched a few vids of the treasure realm and it was awesome, haven't gotten a goblin to open a portal for me yet. that is one place I need to get to when 2.1 goes live since I have 0 gold. that dude with 1000 paragon has 6 billion gold, wtf!!!

Eh, after a while it's not that hard to get a lot of gold. It's just the initial gearing phase that costs a lot of gold. I had over 50 million gold on hardcore after gearing my witch doctor and playing for ~1 week. I did just spend around 25 million on gems though :(. Just stick to 1 character, play T2 or T3 rifts and the gold will start to add up.

Eh, after a while it's not that hard to get a lot of gold. It's just the initial gearing phase that costs a lot of gold. I had over 50 million gold on hardcore after gearing my witch doctor and playing for ~1 week. I did just spend around 25 million on gems though :(. Just stick to 1 character, play T2 or T3 rifts and the gold will start to add up.

I wasted the last of my 12million last night trying to roll a higher crit chance on a bracer for my wizard, after 6million was wasted, I was like, screw it, I'm in so deep, lets see what happens. I should have stopped after I got the crit chance, since it was only 4 or 5 rolls in, but it was only 4.5 crit chance and I wanted more.

Try and get the Calamity x-bow.

LOL. HAHAHA

You realize the Calamity is one of the rarest drops in game? It's up there with Starmetal Kukri. It's more rare than a Shard of Hate and a Wand of Woh.

I just laugh because the way you wrote that made it sound kinda easy, almost like everyone has the Calamity (so not true). hah :p

Shard of Hate isn't even good anymore. I did get one though.

LOL. HAHAHA

You realize the Calamity is one of the rarest drops in game? It's up there with Starmetal Kukri. It's more rare than a Shard of Hate and a Wand of Woh.

I just laugh because the way you wrote that made it sound kinda easy, almost like everyone has the Calamity (so not true). hah :p
lol, Ya, I know it's kinda rare, but didn't realize it was that rare.

So 2.1 comes out in a couple of weeks...I feel like they need more time because aside from a few legendary item changes and some ability buffs the 2 main parts of this patch are still totally fucked

Gems went from being good to a joke in no time, no longer infinite/constant nerfs

Greater Rifts have been a joke for the duration of the PTR due to HP and damage scaling and the fact that people with insane gear will likely hit that level 40 wall and be unable to progress at all, I guess no one is suppose to see those remaining 60 levels, you just get to 40 and do it all over again, that's pretty nice end game

So 2.1 comes out in a couple of weeks...I feel like they need more time because aside from a few legendary item changes and some ability buffs the 2 main parts of this patch are still totally fucked

Gems went from being good to a joke in no time, no longer infinite/constant nerfs

Greater Rifts have been a joke for the duration of the PTR due to HP and damage scaling and the fact that people with insane gear will likely hit that level 40 wall and be unable to progress at all, I guess no one is suppose to see those remaining 60 levels, you just get to 40 and do it all over again, that's pretty nice end game

All sounds like good things to me. Can't wait for 2.1 HC ladder.

GRift and leg gems are tuned practically every PTR patch, I wouldn't be surprised if it was changed again next PTR build. I'd save the doom and gloom until they shut down the test server.

Good catch Tainted, I just got back from vacation and was already hoping it would have landed. But at least somethings been said on it, hopefully it does come this month.

This is the patch with the new "seasons" thing where you gotta do all the achievements again?

take it you didn't play D2. Seasons are pretty much ladders and don't really have anything to do with achievements.

Ladders were always incredibly lame, it's just a power-leveling competiton to see who has the most friends to carry them. Oh you can't do 1-99 overnight? You lose.

More than anything I just want a customizable UI but it looks like blizz has given a resounding no.

What's wrong with the current UI? It's not like you're managing groups or boss timers here.

Blizzard did say there are going to be season only achievements for getting a character to 70 on the ladder, etc.

What's wrong with the current UI?
Placement? I just want to move things around, and maybe resize a bit. I spent about 20-30 hours customizing my DK's UI so not being able to change anything makes me uncomfortable
Some TurboHUD features would be nice, too!

6k29tBL.jpg

Last edited:
That just seems to be a shitload of unnecessary information that would intrude on the gameplay. But customizability is always nice so I would agree that there should be an option. Maybe not allow it for seasons or something, but this game isn't very competitive so I don't see the issue.

Placement? I just want to move things around, and maybe resize a bit. I spent about 20-30 hours customizing my DK's UI so not being able to change anything makes me uncomfortable

6k29tBL.jpg

Wow. Fuck that. I want to play the game not be bothered by sensory overload with all that miscellaneous stuff on the screen.

Can't believe people would honestly prefer something like that.

Wow. Fuck that. I want to play the game not be bothered by sensory overload with all that miscellaneous stuff on the screen.

Can't believe people would honestly prefer something like that.
Yeah blizzard feels the same way, which is why we don't have the option. :p
And also why turbohud is banned.

Mod/addon support like WoW would be the ultimate solution. Mmmmmmmm....

For an MMO game, sure, mod the hell out of it (the UI). For something like D3, I don't think many people would agree or even want to.

When I played vanilla WoW from start to right before the first expansion hit where I quit, I was in a raiding guild that always prided itself in getting server firsts. A modded UI was necessary, but even so, I always only added the bare minimum that I needed preferring an uncluttered UI as much as possible. DPS meter and target assist were all I needed. DPS meter because performance was being tracked since I played hunter (not huntard...I knew the class in and out and how to handle it). Target assist for the obvious.

For an MMO game, sure, mod the hell out of it (the UI). For something like D3, I don't think many people would agree or even want to.
I don't see why addons benefit "MMO's" more than D3.
For the serious (non-casual) community it's a game changer.

Although... Depending on what kind of addons there are, people might call it cheating.
The % stat roll shown in TurboHUD would be amazing and it's a simple feature. Cooldown timers (with numbers). Another small but useful feature I prefer to not live without.

Tracking your DPS is also pretty important since there's no real way to theorycraft right now without guessing. Anybody who has min-maxed in WoW will immediately see the benefits that addons offer D3 in its current state.

The problem is a lot of the useful stats aren't even being reported in the default UI yet, 2.1 is addressing some of those.
Right now I feel like I'm playing blind. Not enough feedback or info present on the screen, a lot of my buffs aren't even shown AT ALL so it's hard to make the best use of my procs.

Just because some people are filthy casuals and play like horses with blinders doesn't mean we all need to be punished for it.

Diablo 3 is a casual game, not sure what you are trying to get at. There isn't anything that requires in-depth analysis of anything. It's much easier to increase the difficulty until you get to a point where you can't clear rifts efficiently anymore.

D2 didn't have damage numbers or floating health bars (you could only see one enemy at a time by mousing over it).

To calculate your DPS most people do Ghom on T6 since he's a huge meat punching bag and then divide the kill time out.

I agree that many skills are missing their buffs, but I have the feeling even with a custom UI if the skill isn't reporting a buff, you wouldn't be able to see it regardless (WoW has many hidden buffs like this as well).

I'd be happy if they actually updated the skill cooldown duration on tooltips. Right now with some skills it can be vastly different depending on rune, skill, gear selection and diminishing returns. Same thing with actual skill damage (+ skills, + overall, + element). However, all of this information should be limited to (advanced) tooltips and not clutter the screen constantly.

Not sure which stats you're referring to that aren't being reported under the advanced tab.

Even with all of that said, D3 is more about flow and fun than hard numbers. For example even if there's an extremely powerful build but you think it's boring as sin, you're probably not gonna play it regardless (see: pet WD's, mirrorball wizards). Some people may think a certain amount of CDR / Attack speed is required for a class to feel 'right' to them, 1h vs 2h, etc.

We're not going for world firsts here with super serious raids (even though seasons are adding 'world first' achievements for the first 1000 players, nobody's gonna care). If this information is that critical to you, go make some spreadsheets (I have for a few things).

2.1 has bulk salvage for blue and yellows, makes it much faster to salvage.

I'd be happy with cooldown timers as a layer on top of the button once activated, that's about it. I don't want to play a spreadsheet. :\

6k29tBL.jpg

What you are showing right there is exactly why Blizzard doesn't allow UI mods. You are deep into information overload that is mostly irrelevant for a casual game. Fully supported DPS meters would probably kill the community.

Some people love numbers. Some people don't. If Tainted likes his UI that way or to think that deeply about D3 I say more power to you!

Back