Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Still only on the PTR. My guess is they found that a lot of their drastic changes didn't really pan out in the real world, so they need to rethink and rebalance things. Or they are waiting for the new console versions to come out on 8/11 to release the patch...

Still only on the PTR. My guess is they found that a lot of their drastic changes didn't really pan out in the real world, so they need to rethink and rebalance things. Or they are waiting for the new console versions to come out on 8/11 to release the patch...

Consoles likely won't be getting 2.1 :(

Better that it gets panned out there than releasing it half baked.

Depends how you look at it. I think the game has almost always been half baked and poorly balanced (but still totally fun). I think part of the reason this happens is because Blizzard is slow with updates and is adverse to making small balance changes on the fly.

Depends how you look at it. I think the game has almost always been half baked and poorly balanced (but still totally fun). I think part of the reason this happens is because Blizzard is slow with updates and is adverse to making small balance changes on the fly.

I know what you mean. The game right now and even Vanilla was definitely half baked at best. I'm just hoping 2.1.0 will revitalize the series a little bit, but I'm not sure how they could fix it. I would have been pretty content with a game like D2, prettied up a bit with skill trees and synergies like they added much later in the lifespan of D2 itself..

I know what you mean. The game right now and even Vanilla was definitely half baked at best. I'm just hoping 2.1.0 will revitalize the series a little bit, but I'm not sure how they could fix it. I would have been pretty content with a game like D2, prettied up a bit with skill trees and synergies like they added much later in the lifespan of D2 itself..

Yea I've tried to play this game on and off since launch because I have friends who play it. Ultimately I just find that it doesn't hold my attention without skill trees which gives a feeling of character progression beyond gear. With gear as the only progression, I get bored quite quickly.

Damn, beat the game once and decided to reset so I could level up some more on a different difficulty. Just picked up the reaper of souls DLC and I can't do adventure mode until I finish the game with the current difficulty im in?

Damn, beat the game once and decided to reset so I could level up some more on a different difficulty. Just picked up the reaper of souls DLC and I can't do adventure mode until I finish the game with the current difficulty im in?

You need to kill the final boss to do Adventure Mode.

Just get someone who has done the last boss fight to host it for you. You also get 2 legendaries dropped when you kill him so make sure you are level 70.

BTW, found a really safe way to do powerleveling especially in hardcore. You can just sit in town and let the other guy kill everything in the bounties. You get XP for the monsters he kills, but not for the bounties unless you want to teleport in right before he finishes. (You always get XP for the overall bounties being complete, aka the cache). Impossible to die since you are in town. Just watch out at around level 66 or 67 it jumps to a level 70 game. Always set to T6.

I got my friend to level 65 within like an hour doing this yesterday. Netted me around 5 million gold as well, so not a complete waste of time.

Yea I've tried to play this game on and off since launch because I have friends who play it. Ultimately I just find that it doesn't hold my attention without skill trees which gives a feeling of character progression beyond gear. With gear as the only progression, I get bored quite quickly.

Yeah, played vanilla for a while after launch and got bored, have been playing RoS for a couple of weeks now and am starting to get bored already (and I'm not even 70 yet).

I recall I played D2 for years though, so not sure what the difference is.

You haven't even unlocked Adventure Mode with bounties, rifts, unique legendaries, etc. That's where the long-term enjoyment is at.

Yep, til you hit lvl 70 and get into adventure mode and torment levels it's just one big grind...

Here is an observation that I made about D3 RoS and my friends that played it. When the expansion came out everyone was all excited to play and we logged in everyday to craft, kill monsters, hunt down rare mobs for crafting materials, etc. We didn't get the best gear, but we were happy.

Fast forward to the patch that removed the crafting materials from boss drop tables. Logged in and my first tab was nothing more than stuff to vendor. Everyone was excited to have more space for gear and to eliminate the grind from hunting specific monsters for crafting materials. Within 2 weeks of the patch everyone quit the game because they didn't want to grind random shit. They found out that they wanted a purpose to grinding.

It wasn't even about the crafting materials as they took up a ton of space that Blizzard seems to think costs too much to give more of. It was the prospect of no longer having a mission within the game to look forward to daily. Resetting instances and speed running bosses was fun for them even though I'm sure it wrecked havoc on Activision's servers.

I thought it was kinda funny and wanted to share :)

Ehh, they just refocused the grind onto loot. Instead of doing boss runs, you just do rifts now. You try to get that elusive Wand of WoH or something along those lines. I've been having more fun than I did before, but then again I mostly play with one of my clanmates so it's more enjoyable. It literally took me about 2 or 3 days to gear up my hardcore witch doctor to run T3. Now I am just trying to find those gauntlets (increased attack speed for pets), RROG and a Tall Man's Finger. There is still a purpose to grinding, unless you have perfected every piece of gear.

Have they made getting Legendaries easier to obtain? I just got back into D3 with RoS and I'm currently lvl 62 and I've already gotten 2 Legendaries. A Shield and a Set Piece Ring. Granted I just found out I can adjust the difficulty. I was playing on Hard when I got the Legendaries. Does the difficulty affect the rolls on loot? I'm a monk and using the same Lightning spec I did pre RoS and its still very brutal.

Legendaries are very easy to get. When you want one particularly thing, it usually feels like you are never going to get it. However green and orange loot beams show up very regularly now.

Yeah, getting legs is easy, getting the one you want is time consuming. Go rifting with a group and you'll find plenty (not exactly swimming in them, but they add up) I'm still using a rare helm because I can't get a decent leg or set helm to drop :(

Have they made getting Legendaries easier to obtain? I just got back into D3 with RoS and I'm currently lvl 62 and I've already gotten 2 Legendaries. A Shield and a Set Piece Ring. Granted I just found out I can adjust the difficulty. I was playing on Hard when I got the Legendaries. Does the difficulty affect the rolls on loot? I'm a monk and using the same Lightning spec I did pre RoS and its still very brutal.

Difficulty just affects the drop rate of legendary items. Higher level gives you more chance of drops.

If anyone is getting burned out a bit waiting for the next patch, why not give Warframe a try. It's Diablo but in a 3rd person view and lots of corridors. You collect Mod cards and weapon parts to deck your character out. Skills and bonuses come from the cards you collect and combine to make more powerful skills.

It has Tower Defense, pvp, player ships, clans, clan ships to decorate, pets to collect, etc. Recently they revamped the melee system and added in combos to give it a more Devil May Cry feel. F2P and not P2W. It's a pretty good game. I have 1,500 hours into it according to Steam. :)

My referral link if you want to give it a try.

Tip: When doing the tutorial mission there is a table of guns to try. Try them all as many of the guns in the game are similar to these base model guns. Will save you time later on deciding on what you like.

Last edited:
If anyone is getting burned out a bit waiting for the next patch, why not give Warframe a try. It's Diablo but in a 3rd person view and lots of corridors. You collect Mod cards and weapon parts to deck your character out. Skills and bonuses come from the cards you collect and combine to make more powerful skills.

It has Tower Defense, pvp, player ships, clans, clan ships to decorate, pets to collect, etc. Recently they revamped the melee system and added in combos to give it a more Devil May Cry feel. F2P and not P2W. It's a pretty good game. I have 1,500 hours into it according to Steam. :)

My referral link if you want to give it a try.

Tip: When doing the tutorial mission there is a table of guns to try. Try them all as many of the guns in the game are similar to these base model guns. Will save you time later on deciding on what you like.
I found Warframe to not be very friendly to noobies, but once you're past that hurdle I agree that it's pretty amazing.

I found Warframe to not be very friendly to noobies, but once you're past that hurdle I agree that it's pretty amazing.

I may have to check this out, i stopped playing d3 a few months ago and dont really miss it, nothing but a grind fest. Im caught up in Divinity: OS at the moment though

warframe is awesome. Im kinda burned out on d3. My paragon 190 crusader just died on hardcore lol, Might just lvl him until the next expansion

Warframe is pretty fun for a while, but the pings suck balls. I clearly shot the guy a long time ago and still die. That's why games like CS is still fun to me. Once I shoot I am guaranteed a kill or it was my fault for bad aiming.

I want the patch to come out asap
Screenshot036_zpsf9269c12.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Probably the rift fragments. I've got about 2000 in my stash. They should just make it so fragments stack in on cell.

I want the patch to come out asap
snip

dude, with that many fragments you should be hammering away at RiF to get your M6 set

Edit -

I can't wait for 2.1 either, I have a straight silly amount of gear stashed for potential different builds - I really hope other specs besides M6 are viable for the demon hunter

rPP7DNj.jpg

my DH mule....

inoDO4b.jpg

Last edited:
Ya, with the patch it only costs 1 fragment to open or join a rift.
I too wish they would stack more than 100, at least 1000 so I can save space.

How do you guys get those special portraits on the stash? I feel like I'm the only who has never figured it out. I actually thought they were special overlays in twitch :p.

And Zepher, what are those purple books in the bottom left?

dude, with that many fragments you should be hammering away at RiF to get your M6 set

Edit -

I can't wait for 2.1 either, I have a straight silly amount of gear stashed for potential different builds - I really hope other specs besides M6 are viable for the demon hunter

http://i.imgur.com/rPP7DNj.jpg[IMG]

my DH mule....

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/inoDO4b.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Ugh, I had a full 6 piece akkhan on a HC crus and died, been trying to get it again, but the last couple weeks all I've gotten are the same 3 pieces I already have over and over. I've gotten like 5 of the chest pieces, give me something else already!

How do you guys get those special portraits on the stash? I feel like I'm the only who has never figured it out. I actually thought they were special overlays in twitch :p.

And Zepher, what are those purple books in the bottom left?

I don't remember off hand but you get them automatically with Reaper of Souls, I already learned them so I don't need to keep them.

Ugh, I had a full 6 piece akkhan on a HC crus and died, been trying to get it again, but the last couple weeks all I've gotten are the same 3 pieces I already have over and over. I've gotten like 5 of the chest pieces, give me something else already!

pfff that's easy to get, I think about the Kridershot that I had every day, especially after the sentry attack speed fix in 2.1. Probably will never see another one.

100k euros made in 1 year by botting the RMAH.

http://diablo3story.blogspot.com/2014/07/a-diablo-3-story.html

Pulling out a few key points from the gigantic text:

AH botting, not farming

started with simple AH buyout scripts (scripted input to fill out the UI with criteria and max buyout and buy whatever showed up)

moved to memory reading, processing everything on the new search against long lists of manually-configured criteria for buyouts. (a few sessions running for different item types for speed)

sell scripts automatically re-posted auctions to keep them on the 1d12h list

Only 8 days until the Reaper of Souls console release

Super excited, I might never play the PC version again (unless 2.1 finally comes out) :)

Only 8 days until the Reaper of Souls console release

Super excited, I might never play the PC version again (unless 2.1 finally comes out) :)

How is the console version better than the PC version?

Back