Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

This game is getting ridiculous. They actually redeemed themselves and the game plays pretty well in my opinion.

However the drop rates are still just stupid. I have opened 250 bounty bags and no RROG. Not a single SOJ has dropped for me.

Thunderfury? anything elite.. nope. All I get is Justice Lantern and Blackthorns over and over.

They need more focused farming runs so you can find the gear you need (loot tables of were things will drop). That or put trading back into the damn game, there was no reason to take it out in the first place.

Read 2.1 ptr notes. It's gonna be even better.

This game is getting ridiculous. They actually redeemed themselves and the game plays pretty well in my opinion.

However the drop rates are still just stupid. I have opened 250 bounty bags and no RROG. Not a single SOJ has dropped for me.

Thunderfury? anything elite.. nope. All I get is Justice Lantern and Blackthorns over and over.

They need more focused farming runs so you can find the gear you need (loot tables of were things will drop). That or put trading back into the damn game, there was no reason to take it out in the first place.

Yeah I've found a number of RRoGs - two of which were when I randomly joined a buddy for a single bounty bag...we even both got one at the same time which seemed like some sort of extra-unlikely RNG feat. I've had pretty nice luck with rings/ammys and the class-specific legendaries, but my only Thunderfury is a lvl 35, never seen a Shard of Hate, etc.

I do seem to find repeats of stuff that people generally want though: so far I'm at 4 Mask of Jerams (the good one), 3 Uhkapian Serpents, 2 Moonlight Wards in one day (both of which took 1 roll to get 100%CD), 2 Gyrfalcon's Foote(s) in one day, 3 Rimehearts (none of which were even remotely usable :rolleyes: ), etc. I even found a Xephirian Amulet at the same time that I found a Gibbering Gemstone...if that's not some serious luck I don't know what is (the Xephirian was unusable garbage, btw).

But I also play quite a bit. What paragon are you at right now?

I am Paragon 170 or something. I play quiet a bit but don't spend all my time on D3.

I think AMD T-type was saying he was at 1000+ bounties with no RRoG...he only finds Blade of Prophecy over and over. I think the bags should have a much higher droprate, honestly; I really don't want to speedrun normal over and over again so I run bounties on T1-T3, but then it takes a bit longer and there doesn't seem to be any droprate increase for doing them at that difficulty.

I have done over 1k bounties mostly T2+ act1 bounties and no RRoG yet. I am only para level 260 right now because I level alts quite a bit, (achievement for having two of each at 60/70). Anyways, my son is like paragon level 40 and he has gotten so many RRoG, he just salvages them in front of me, like "hey dad, watch this". ugghhh

I feel like I have weird luck. I think I'm pretty lucky with rare stuff (for as much as I play - 265 paragon) but can't for the life of me get some common stuff. Found a kridershot (died), rorg (very early on, haven't found another though), worship gloves (right after the "nerf" fix :( ), thunderfury, shard of hate (but crap rolls), an ok darklight, couple harrington's (one died with that kridershot and one that I idiotically salvaged at the start of RoS - haven't found any since), 2 cindercoats (one good, one bad), soj's, and 2 backup Marauder sets - except the boots. I can't for the life of me get Marauder boots...3 helms, 3 chests, 3 pants, 2 gloves, 2 shoulders, 0 boots. GIVE ME THE BOOTS GAME!

I think AMD T-type was saying he was at 1000+ bounties with no RRoG...he only finds Blade of Prophecy over and over. I think the bags should have a much higher droprate, honestly; I really don't want to speedrun normal over and over again so I run bounties on T1-T3, but then it takes a bit longer and there doesn't seem to be any droprate increase for doing them at that difficulty.

I have about 1000+ bounties too, but you have to divide that by 5 to get your bag count.

The repeatitive boring crap you have to do (like speed run normal bounties) is just a beat down. I enjoy rifting at higher (and higher) difficulties. Maybe work on Ubers etc. However, because I have no control over getting the gear I need (RROG & SOJ) I can't progress until I get "lucky".

Still needs some balancing.

Yeah I've found a number of RRoGs - two of which were when I randomly joined a buddy for a single bounty bag...we even both got one at the same time which seemed like some sort of extra-unlikely RNG feat. I've had pretty nice luck with rings/ammys and the class-specific legendaries, but my only Thunderfury is a lvl 35, never seen a Shard of Hate, etc.

I do seem to find repeats of stuff that people generally want though: so far I'm at 4 Mask of Jerams (the good one), 3 Uhkapian Serpents, 2 Moonlight Wards in one day (both of which took 1 roll to get 100%CD), 2 Gyrfalcon's Foote(s) in one day, 3 Rimehearts (none of which were even remotely usable :rolleyes: ), etc. I even found a Xephirian Amulet at the same time that I found a Gibbering Gemstone...if that's not some serious luck I don't know what is (the Xephirian was unusable garbage, btw).

But I also play quite a bit. What paragon are you at right now?
I got a Thunderfury from Diablo my first time through the game... at level 51 :(. I was afraid that I would never see another one. Then during one rift I got one out of some random pots that shattered while fighting an elite pack. Pretty good rolls, too. Dual wielding with an Odyn Son :D. Then the other day my Puzzle Ring goblin poops out a SoH. But I seem to have shit luck on ring and amulet drops :(.

I have about 1000+ bounties too, but you have to divide that by 5 to get your bag count.

The repeatitive boring crap you have to do (like speed run normal bounties) is just a beat down. I enjoy rifting at higher (and higher) difficulties. Maybe work on Ubers etc. However, because I have no control over getting the gear I need (RROG & SOJ) I can't progress until I get "lucky".

Still needs some balancing.

This is why I get burnt out on the game. I've played twice in the last 3 weeks and it was Sunday night and last night. I find playing the game just to see what I get incredibly fun but once you reach that certain point when you NEED something and you have to devote the majority of your play time to get it to be very boring.

This is why I get burnt out on the game. I've played twice in the last 3 weeks and it was Sunday night and last night. I find playing the game just to see what I get incredibly fun but once you reach that certain point when you NEED something and you have to devote the majority of your play time to get it to be very boring.

Agreed.

I know that I have actually been very lucky on rare drops/drops in general since getting my sader to 70 3 weeks ago (3 darklights, 2 more SOJs, 3 hellskulls, furnace, shard of hate, etc. etc.) yet to really progress past T4, I need either a second unity or a FOTF, and after a week and a half of gambling and farming non-stop, logging into just to try to get either is becoming a boring chore.

They should move the RRoG legendary effect to the Hellfire ring.
Would fix the drop rate complaints about RRoG, would make the hellfire actually worth farming/wearing, and would match an equal amount of reward to the effort. I would dare say it would make the whole Uber grind feel rewarding.

RRoG can drop on your first cache or your 1000th, and for an effect that is so strong it shouldn't be completely left to chance. None of the other cache legendaries feel as 'required' as this one - and you can't gamble for it or get it through regular gameplay which makes it even more agonizing.

For me I think the game is locked on drops sometimes as almost every session I do split bounties I end up getting a RRoG. Got about 6 of them currently...

Wish we still had a way to freely trade as I could clean up... :D

the problem is the only point to play the game is finding gear - it's the carrot on a stick. they will never aim to make someone happy that they got x drop in x amount of time. outside of the constant search for gear the game is pretty void.

the problem is the only point to play the game is finding gear - it's the carrot on a stick. they will never aim to make someone happy that they got x drop in x amount of time. outside of the constant search for gear the game is pretty void.

Don't you know that the new endgame is rerolling your characters for seasons and finding more gear? :D

They should move the RRoG legendary effect to the Hellfire ring.
Would fix the drop rate complaints about RRoG, would make the hellfire actually worth farming/wearing, and would match an equal amount of reward to the effort. I would dare say it would make the whole Uber grind feel rewarding.

RRoG can drop on your first cache or your 1000th, and for an effect that is so strong it shouldn't be completely left to chance. None of the other cache legendaries feel as 'required' as this one - and you can't gamble for it or get it through regular gameplay which makes it even more agonizing.

I got lucky. I was playing with friends and had the RRoG drop on my first, second, third and fourth cache.. they haven't had one yet.

So with legendary gems, are we now going to have to drop something from rings/amulets for a socket? seems dumb, they shouldn't restrict them to jewelry, assuming you can have 3 different gems why not just make 3 gems the max

not so bad. I would like to know how well you do on T5-6 tho... must be long to kill packs and 334k HP might be on the low end ;)

I would try to get at least Fire dmg on your Bracers, you could swap the IK chest for a Cindercoat also.

If you have Earthquake set (you got Helmet), I'd give it a go over Raekorn's for now since it's far superior for T5-6.

Overall, pretty nice barb.

Looks OK. Time to start farming for Elemental Damage gear,Lut Socks, and the rest of MotE set. Although Raekor's may be decent in the next patch....

You should swap your weps around as well. Your SoH has a better damage range then your TF.

It looks like you're trying to stack as much sheet DPS as possible. That worked in 1.08, but not as much any more. Elemental %, Elite damage %, and Skill damage % is what you need to gear for.

My Demon Hunter isn't optimal (haven't had an upgrade in weeks either....) but a dense T6 rift takes me 5 minutes or so.

As a fellow barb player, your barb needs work. Needs more elemental damage. Sheet dps means absolutely nothing. Change your belt to a Harrington waistguard when you find one. And just stop stacking stuff that increases sheet dps without actually contributing to real world damage.

This isn't diabloprogress, if you do plan on playing the game I have a hard time seeing your guy efficiently doing t6.

Just looking at that Echoing Fury...what's the deal with that weapon? The webpage lists the primary property as "+26-30% Damage" which would be awesome but I can't recall ever seeing one with that stat. Does it actually roll such a huge damage buff?

Seems like a waste to use Thunderfury and Shard of Hate but not stack Lightning % or even use any lightning skills.

Tfury's proc doesn't scale with Lightning % dmg but SoH does.

He's also using SoH using Fire skills... when it doesn't proc for Fire.

He should craft a Devastator (up to 20% fire dmg).

Sheet DPS means nothing now.

Tfury's proc doesn't scale with Lightning % dmg but SoH does.

He's also using SoH using Fire skills... when it doesn't proc for Fire.

He should craft a Devastator (up to 20% fire dmg).

Sheet DPS means nothing now.

I love how it took an uproar in the Monk community to get that hot"fixed", as though it was just an oversight when Blizzard revamped the set:

- Resolving an issue where the Raiment of a Thousand Storms 6 piece set bonus does not benefit from +% Lightning Damage. (6/10)

Meanwhile, most of the other items in the game still don't benefit from %element after 3+ months and will have to wait for 2.1. But hey, at least they're getting to it...

Bug Fixes

Legendary items that directly deal damage should now all properly benefit from the appropriate +% Elemental Damage item affix, including:
  • Blackfeather - +%Physical Damage
  • Bul-Kathos's Oath (2) Set Bonus - +%Physical Damage
  • Cinder Switch - +%Fire Damage
  • Death's Bargain - +%Physical Damage
  • Death Watch Mantle - +%Physical Damage
  • Fulminator - +%Lightning Damage
  • Odyn Son - +%Lightning Damage
  • Maximus - +%Fire Damage
  • Moonlight Ward - +%Arcane Damage
  • Schaefer's Hammer - +%Lightning Damage
  • Scourge - +%Fire Damage
  • Shenlong's Spirit (2) Set Bonus - +%Fire Damage
  • Stalgard's Decimator - +%Physical Damage
  • Storm Crow - +%Fire Damage
  • Thunderfury - +%Lightning Damage

I actually just made a nice Cinder Switch for my Crusader (trying a Punish-focused build) so that should be a nice boost.

I'm still on the fence about getting RoS, I've been playing recently but who knows how long if I don't start getting better drops to progress into deeper Torment levels :)

I love how it took an uproar in the Monk community to get that hot"fixed", as though it was just an oversight when Blizzard revamped the set:

Meanwhile, most of the other items in the game still don't benefit from %element after 3+ months and will have to wait for 2.1. But hey, at least they're getting to it...

I actually just made a nice Cinder Switch for my Crusader (trying a Punish-focused build) so that should be a nice boost.
Great to hear that. Maybe I'll be able to move up to T4-T5 now. I only have around +30% lightning on my gear right now, but I've been on the lookout for more while farming for the rest of the MotE set. This buff should significantly increase the damage output of my TF/OS combo, both having Lightning Damage affixes.

Shenlong's using Fire %.... :confused:

I guess they'll change the fireball's color to red :p (it's blue now like Street Fighter's Hadouken!

I haven't been into this game for a while, looking to be back into it until September, is the expansion worth it, any word on bringing back marketplace, please update me on this game...

Thanks!

I haven't been into this game for a while, looking to be back into it until September, is the expansion worth it, any word on bringing back marketplace, please update me on this game...

Thanks!

They are never bringing back the marketplace and very few people in this thread have been displeased with Reaper of Souls.

Should keep you busy until Destiny comes out :D

They are never bringing back the marketplace and very few people in this thread have been displeased with Reaper of Souls.

Should keep you busy until Destiny comes out :D

Eh. I stopped playing a few months ago. Got sick of the endless grind while being stuck at T3 with my WD

As a fellow barb player, your barb needs work. Needs more elemental damage. Sheet dps means absolutely nothing. Change your belt to a Harrington waistguard when you find one. And just stop stacking stuff that increases sheet dps without actually contributing to real world damage.

This isn't diabloprogress, if you do plan on playing the game I have a hard time seeing your guy efficiently doing t6.

So I can so what. What's it to you? Love to hit me hit meh!

Back