Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Yup, the "safety net" seems to gradually build up until you get a legendary, then decays over the course of the next minute or two.

Keep an eye on what drops from breakables and containers and stuff. You'll typically start off with whites and grays and it'll then move on to mostly blues. When they start consistently dropping yellows, you're about to get a legendary. Once you do, if you can get back to town right away, that's also a good time to spam Kadala as there's a good chance you can get a few legendaries in a row like chineseman did.

That's a pretty interesting theory. I can't recall if I was experiencing a drought when I went to gamble; however, I do know I received 3 Cindercoats literally one after the other in my inventory and same with the Mempos. I shall have to go on a pot breaking spree tonight and test your theory out. Hopefully I can get something other than Hammer Jammers -_-

Last edited:
That's a pretty interesting theory. I can't recall if I was experiencing a drought when I went to gamble; however, I do know I received 3 Cindercoats literally one after the other in my inventory and same with the Mempos. I shall have to go on a pot breaking spree tonight and test your theory out. Hopefully I can get something other than Hammer Jammers -_-

/tinfoil hat on

Even though I haven't bought into any of the loot conspiracies... This weekend I got duplicate legendary item four times :eek: The rolls were different, however the items dropped within a short period of time (once 30 seconds apart). And one of the duplicate items was a DEX ring that I got on my WD, which is a very rare thing for a WD to get.

Using the Ghom DPS test, I came out at about 22 million. :D

That said, this build is extremely easy/fun to use but I feel like there are more effective builds especially since I have the full Tal Rasha set. Those meteors are so awesome. I also have a full Vyr's set in my stash, but the stats aren't that great on it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Krieg1337-1699/hero/10289552

Yesterday was my luckiest day ever. I got 2 pieces of Akkhan (chest, gloves, legs) AND a Fate of the Fell. Unfortunately the rolls on everything but the legs were poor, but usable. the FOTF did roll with 10% CDR

Yesterday was my luckiest day ever. I got 2 pieces of Akkhan (chest, gloves, legs) AND a Fate of the Fell. Unfortunately the rolls on everything but the legs were poor, but usable. the FOTF did roll with 10% CDR

It's pretty insane what has been dropping lately. I have gotten 4-5 pieces of Tal Rasha's, a Firebird piece and 3 Vyr's pieces. Definitely worth it to play a lot this week.

Fuck me, dat elite DPS!

Wow, Wizards get a ton of sweet elemental damage synergies.

I'm three items and some enchanting away from where I want my WD to be. A fire or phys SoJ, Mask of Jeram, and Tasker and Theo gloves and I'll be money, baby. Unfortunately, they're three of the rarest drops for a WD. Burned a couple thousand shards over the weekend on helmets and nothing but crap.

I have all of those and ended up playing with the highly unloved Grin Reaper helm for most of the weekend. I filled my ability bars with spells for the mimics to spam. It can get pretty intense when both Mimics are dropping Bodadile/Piranhado, Mass Confusion, Grasp of the Dead, and Horrify constantly :D The mimics don't adhere to cooldowns, so often they would cast Mass Confusion multiple times in a 10 second window.

I picked a nice weapon last night, a little slow and no socket, but it works good,

/tinfoil hat on

Even though I haven't bought into any of the loot conspiracies... This weekend I got duplicate legendary item four times :eek: The rolls were different, however the items dropped within a short period of time (once 30 seconds apart). And one of the duplicate items was a DEX ring that I got on my WD, which is a very rare thing for a WD to get.

I picked up 7 legendary items from a rift run on my WD. Was so stoked I logged out rather than check them! Logged in today and 5 of them were dex items. The other 2 were shit. ;/

I picked a nice weapon last night, a little slow and no socket, but it works good,

Put a socket in in? Weapons are basically trash unless you put a green gem in there (aside from a very small number of builds that work on a red gem).

Collected 75 legs, mostly burn stuff, few sidegrades and spent a ton of FS making them side grades. Hit Paragon 400 and still no Calamity.

Played monk and crusader a bit, waiting on epic drops for those 2 before I can really enjoy like the DH does.

Oh I see, thanks! Maybe I'll give up some of that dps for some more survivability then. Block + Renewal isn't sustaining me quite as well anymore in the higher Torments.

I'm running the same build, just not as well geared. It's a lot of fun.

I'm running the same build, just not as well geared. It's a lot of fun.

Yea, Bombardment is probably my favorite skill in the game. I just wish I could get a Mortal Drama to drop...it supposedly has a 40% chance to drop of the 2h flails and I've gotten multiples of all the others except for the one I really want D:

Yea, Bombardment is probably my favorite skill in the game. I just wish I could get a Mortal Drama to drop...it supposedly has a 40% chance to drop of the 2h flails and I've gotten multiples of all the others except for the one I really want D:

I have Mortal Drama. It's meh compared to Fate of the Fell. I don't have 6 piece Akkahn set yet, but do have 51% CDR. It's still super long on cool down.

Really enjoyed the all wd runs. Also realized that my dmg output is more gimped than I thought with the haunt bug. May have to start working on a fetish build

Liking the buff so far, feels pretty natural to me. Finally found a jade set piece (haven't found one in weeks) and now I'm missing just the shoulders and a ring of royal grandeur and I can run around with the jade set. (I have the helm but that's useless because I have a Quetzacoatl). I'm hoping I can find another piece before the buff ends!

Also realized that my dmg output is more gimped than I thought with the haunt bug. May have to start working on a fetish build

Yeah, Haunt and Locust Swarm are pretty gimped right now. Hopefully they fix that soon. I've got some decent gear for a DoT build, but I've been running a fire/phys pet build since the last patch.

I'm jealous of the FotF roll with 10% CDR. That's a very nice one you got there. If I had that 10% CDR on my FotF I'd be about 52% CDR with my akkan set (before my akarat's). I got 2 FotF and both didn't roll CDR :(

I have Mortal Drama. It's meh compared to Fate of the Fell. I don't have 6 piece Akkahn set yet, but do have 51% CDR. It's still super long on cool down.

I guess I'm not having an issue and my CDR is nowhere near as good. My burst cool downs are almost always up naturally for elite packs, especially bombardment, when I run Lord Commander. I also have Tra'goul Coils which really helps more than I thought it would. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/tragoul-coils Admittedly, I'm not running very high torments.

I currently have a int rerolled Maximus with no socket so I would love a Mortal Drama with a nice socket. I'm considering rolling the strength reroll off my Maximus to put a green gem on it but don't know. I will probably do it since it'll net me almost 80k more sheet damage plus, big numbers and what not.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed the all wd runs. Also realized that my dmg output is more gimped than I thought with the haunt bug. May have to start working on a fetish build

Yeah the all WD runs were fun last night. Crazy amount of fetishes out there running around... :D

I've been experimenting with my fire crusader. I only have about 15% CDR, so I mostly only use Bombardment - Annihilate for boss encounters. I run around with Maximus equipped until Bombardment is needed, then swap in Mortal Drama. When combined with Akarat, it crits for 25M with Maximus, and 19M with Mortal Drama (but 2x as many strikes), mostly due to losing the 20% fire bonus from Maximus. I find with Mortal Drama the last couple strikes somethings end up all over the place.

I've been pretty lucky during the 100% bonus span, have had 6 leg flails drop, and had Mortal Drama drop for another player who graciously traded it to me for a soul. All different. Think I've got nearly a complete set now. Once the bonus is over I'm going to build up second crusader for holy, probably running the extra beams flail.

Got Eberli Charo shield today. Combined with my CDR, it's endless wrath of the gods (Heaven's Fury).

This game just infuriates me. Once you hit about the 1 mil DPS wall then it because really repetitive.

I just farmed magda for an hour on T1 and didn't get a single mat to drop. That is ridiculous for that to happen.

Like actually endless heaven's fury with which rune? how does it compare to fires of heaven rune?

The shield reduces cooldown of Heaven's Fury from 40 - 50%. I have enough cooldown in addition to the shield cooldown to cast back to back. I don't like shotgun build right now because my 6/6 Akk set isn't optimized yet for that play style. I use Ascendency rune.

Side note: I just found the last pieces for the set.

This game just infuriates me. Once you hit about the 1 mil DPS wall then it because really repetitive.

I just farmed magda for an hour on T1 and didn't get a single mat to drop. That is ridiculous for that to happen.

I forget all the chances but T1 still has a pretty low chance on mats. T2 added like 50% more chance than T1 for drops (I think 11 vs 17) so farming as high a torment level as possible is important for consistent farm. I would also suggest joining the mat farming community. It makes it so much easier to farm stuff up.

And I'm jealous Harkamus. Can you post your full build? And what torment are you able to farm now that you have 6pc Akkhan? I keep thinking about a FotF with Piro and max CDR on a 6pc crusader would be really high damage with always on fury and the high single target damage of shield bash.

Got Eberli Charo shield today. Combined with my CDR, it's endless wrath of the gods (Heaven's Fury).

What's your build that involves this? I run a bombardment/foth setup and got a Charo today also and am trying to work in Heaven's Fury.

What's your build that involves this? I run a bombardment/foth setup and got a Charo today also and am trying to work in Heaven's Fury.

Slash with Zeal for the few times I need Wrath, Fist of the Heavens with Divine Well for main wrath dump, Steed Charge with Endurance for mobility, Heaven's Fury with Ascendency, Law of Valor with Unstoppable Force for wrath reduction, Akarat Champion with Embodiment of Power for wrath regen. Finery, Holy Cause, Heavenly Strength, and Long Arm of the Law for passives.

Prior to running 6/6 Akkahn set, I used to run 51% cool down reduction without Charo. My gear was optimized for not having set pieces since I never thought I'd complete them. My Heaven's Fury cooldown was only a few seconds. Now with 6/6 Akkahn, I only have 31% cool down reduction since I got a bad roll on my gloves. With Charo, I have maybe 1 second of cool down before I can cast Heaven's Fury again. I have 10.5 seconds down time before I can cast Akarat Champion.

I've read that you need 46 to 57% cool down reduction with 6/6 Akkahn before you can get endless Akarat Champion. Conflicting reports.

Goes without saying to stack holy skills gear where you can.

I was soloing t4 without any Akkahn pieces before I got 6/6. I had 4/6 stashed in my vault. I ran Ring of Grandeur with Captain and Born sets for cool down reduction, Aughild for elite damage and elite damage reduction, and Asheara for resistance and life %. My quickest time in a moderately dense t4 rift was 10 minutes. I soloed t5 in this same set up but it probably took 15 minutes with more deaths. T4 was safe. Both times were without Charo and only 51% cool down reduction.

Pretty sure I can still do t5 in Akkahn. I have less resist, but more damage. I upgraded my Fate of the Fell last night to a 2890 damage one. It had a socket str/vit, so I rerolled vit into 9% damage. Still trying to get 10% just so I can have a 2900 Fate. lol

BTW, I've found 4 fates in one day. 2 I gave to guildies. One is the super upgrade over my 2680 one. Another I salvaged.

Paragon 418. Crusader has 933k unbuffed with Valor. 36% holy damage. Still trying to make a decent Aughild chest.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/player/harkamsu-1769

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Harkamsu-1769/hero/2619523

Last edited:
Slash with Zeal for the few times I need Wrath, Fist of the Heavens with Divine Well for main wrath dump, Steed Charge with Endurance for mobility, Heaven's Fury with Ascendency, Law of Valor with Unstoppable Force for wrath reduction, Akarat Champion with Embodiment of Power for wrath regen. Finery, Holy Cause, Heavenly Strength, and Long Arm of the Law for passives.

Prior to running 6/6 Akkahn set, I used to run 51% cool down reduction without Charo. My gear was optimized for not having set pieces since I never thought I'd complete them. My Heaven's Fury cooldown was only a few seconds. Now with 6/6 Akkahn, I only have 31% cool down reduction since I got a bad roll on my gloves. With Charo, I have maybe 1 second of cool down before I can cast Heaven's Fury again. I have 10.5 seconds down time before I can cast Akarat Champion.

I've read that you need 46 to 57% cool down reduction with 6/6 Akkahn before you can get endless Akarat Champion. Conflicting reports.

I was soloing t4 without any Akkahn pieces before I got 6/6. I had 4/6 stashed in my vault. I ran Ring of Grandeur with Captain and Born sets for cool down reduction, Aughild for elite damage and elite damage reduction, and Asheara for resistance and life %. My quickest time in a moderately dense t4 rift was 10 minutes. I soloed t5 in this same set up but it probably took 15 minutes with more deaths. T4 was safe. Both times were without Charo and only 51% cool down reduction.

Pretty sure I can still do t5 in Akkahn. I have less resist, but more damage. I upgraded my Fate of the Fell last night to a 2890 damage one. It had a socket str/vit, so I rerolled vit into 9% damage. Still trying to get 10% just so I can have a 2900 Fate. lol

BTW, I've found 4 fates in one day. 2 I gave to guildies. One is the super upgrade over my 2680 one. Another I salvaged.

Paragon 418. Crusader has 933k unbuffed with Valor. 36% holy damage. Still trying to make a decent Aughild chest.

Cool build. I'm having fun with fire even though my gear is pretty lackluster.

I have about 42% cdr with my 6pc Akkan. So my CD before akkarat is about 3-4 seconds. And heavens fury is almost always up due to provoke, shield glare and embodiment of power. I also use reapers wraps. I'm almost thinking if using crimson belt and pants. Will see though. Have yet to find a Harrington waistguard after I salvaged one of mine by accident during a salvage spree .

Good stuff. I like the current drop rates. It's high enough that so that you be expecting *something* per run most of the time, but not so much that you'll be completely decked out in a few hours. I've gotten some nice gear through the week, but I still have no clue what I should be gearing for. Gotta feel it out I guess.

So, I went to fire spec on sader. t5 is solo farmable at a good speed too. Haven't timed yet, but didn't seem much longer than when I do t4. Gonna try t6 now.

Back