Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Malthael will drop the recipe 100%, the mats just got buffed and the first time you kill him, you get a legend 100% garanteed.... you were "only" lucky on the crafting mats :D

I still need to get one, they weren't dropping before the hotfix :mad:

Ahh - ok thanks for the info. I have most of the rest for the recipe.. I need some more death's breath to get my crafting to artisan level and some ascended bracers.. and a couple more legendaries I can salvage for forgotten souls. Definitely something to look forward to collecting on my next pass.. :)

Don't worry about sheet dps too much, it's more about gear synergy.

Example: I was at 1m dps through black damage weapons and trinity stats. Then I flipped 5 pieces to elite damage and elemental damage +% and dropped to 600k with a overall net gain of 2.5x real DPS increase.

Get neck with elemental damage, crit, crit damage and STR.

Get neck with elemental damage, crit, VIT/AR and STR.

Helm with STR, AR, Crit, +% modifier of main attack.

Start there and you should see a good increase in damage... Good luck!

blizzard said:
The bonus legendary drop rate for rifts is being increased from 25% to 100%!
*This means that while in a rift your chance to find a legendary item from monsters, chests, elites, and everything else is double what it is outside of rifts. No this does not mean opening bounty bags in rifts is the new hotness. ;P
Rifts are the new super hotness. T1 will be a great place to farm now, oh and burn them blood shards!

I haven't even done a rift, so maybe I'm off-base here. How does this not make the rest of the game completely obsolete?

I haven't even done a rift, so maybe I'm off-base here. How does this not make the rest of the game completely obsolete?

Well you need to do bounties to get shards just to open a rift. And if you want to farm mats to make legendary items, you can't do that in a rift either.

Well you need to do bounties to get shards just to open a rift. And if you want to farm mats to make legendary items, you can't do that in a rift either.

Ahh okay. So it's similar to farming out the keys and shit to do ubers.

Is there still a point to doing Ubers at 70?

Yup, I needed Demon Skin to craft a lvl 70 set piece, so I needed to hunt for one of the rare spawns or redo an Act 4 quest where a certain purple guy always spawns.

Also there are valuable legendaries that are bounty-only drops. In general though, I think they want people playing a lot of rifts, and honestly they are a blast with some of the conditions, enemy sets, and density. Sometimes you get a couple lousy levels with little to fight, but last night my friend and I couldn't walk 20 yards without finding a new elite pack, and the rift was basically a gigantic Battlefields+Bridge map.

Bounty only legendaries
Legendary Crafting mats
Exp and gold I would say is faster with bounties
Infernal machine crafting

I think it's a good balance, and you can somewhat focus on what you want. Once fully geared, bounties gives good exp and gold, so the need to find another legendary isnt as important. Legendary crafting mats and infernal machines are static mobs to farm, so you can go for those directly. There are some amazing bounty only legendaries (still trying to get a ring of royal grandeur for my wizard), and are definitely worth farming.

There are new hellfire rings at 70, new plans, new machine keys, new ring crafting pieces. I believe the new ring gives 45% exp, and has a fire-aura type effect instead of a fireball.

Holy shit what a difference those changes made!

First rift boss of the day: forgotten soul + Burden of the Invoker shoulders.
Couple more rifts: a few more legendaries from random stuff, couple of souls from bosses.
Had 95 blood shards and gambled shields: Defender of Westmarch, The Final Witness.

I'd been using a lvl 67 Defender of Westmarch forever and this one is a straight upgrade.

Before the update I yesterday I played ~4-5 hours and got like 7 legs, a set item, a leg crafting recipe, and a set crafting recipe.

Most were below 70 in a combination of rifts, bounties, and story. Not bad. I like these new loot changes. Even more loot :)

I think he just bought the base game after we got excited in this thread about the improvements. Not everyone runs out and buys base game + expansion in the course of 2 weeks. So, yes, I can see his point. Of course if he's enjoying it then he should invest in the expansion when it makes sense for him to do so. :)

Yup, I have 2 friends that just started playing (one of them literally bought it today) and they don't have the xpac...but they're also like lvl 27 on their first characters. I get the impression that Maverick is toiling away on his 60s and not seeing much in the way of progression anymore.

Yeah, this is pretty much the case. I bought D3 right after the Loot 2.0 patch came out, because it sounded like the game was improved pretty dramatically...which it was, but it's clear that Blizzard only cares about RoS players now...nerfs seem to impact all players, whereas buffs seem to only be for RoS.

Actually, I haven't even played the game in a week or so because I got sick of the lack of rewards from all the grinding (my friend hasn't been playing either). So eventually I will probably get the Xpac, but I'm not going to cave to Blizzard's bullshit and pay $40 for it just to make the game fun again. I feel like I got my $20 out of D3, but I don't see much point in continuing to play other than to maybe level a Wizard or something, since that is apparently what Blizzard wants us to do in order to grind efficiently.

Yeah, this is pretty much the case. I bought D3 right after the Loot 2.0 patch came out, because it sounded like the game was improved pretty dramatically...which it was, but it's clear that Blizzard only cares about RoS players now...nerfs seem to impact all players, whereas buffs seem to only be for RoS.

Actually, I haven't even played the game in a week or so because I got sick of the lack of rewards from all the grinding (my friend hasn't been playing either). So eventually I will probably get the Xpac, but I'm not going to cave to Blizzard's bullshit and pay $40 for it just to make the game fun again. I feel like I got my $20 out of D3, but I don't see much point in continuing to play other than to maybe level a Wizard or something, since that is apparently what Blizzard wants us to do in order to grind efficiently.

Well of course they are catering to the people who purchased RoS. Most of the active people who enjoy the game purchased RoS.

so how does everyone know what items drop an in what acts and what legendary drops / craft materials there are at certain T levels? is there a website for this? or is it completely random?

either battle net forums is all speculation, or they know where all the items drop and there chance percentages.

Blizz doesn't appear to show all their equipment items on the website.

Help a noob!

so how does everyone know what items drop an in what acts and what legendary drops / craft materials there are at certain T levels? is there a website for this? or is it completely random?

either battle net forums is all speculation, or they know where all the items drop and there chance percentages.

Blizz doesn't appear to show all their equipment items on the website.

Help a noob!

Crafting materials: http://www.diablofans.com/forums/di...e-legendary-crafting-materials-drop-locations

Horadric Cache items: http://d3domination.com/horadric-cache-legendary-items/

Torment only items: http://diablomandan.com/d3-ros-list-of-torment-only-legendaries/

All other legendaries drop anywhere in a random fashion. (I think.)

Which ability have you kept the longest?

My DH - Vault

Barb - Furious Charge

WD - Firebats

Monk - Seven-sided Strike

Wizard - Critical Mass

Oh wait...

Sigh... I still get bummed from time to time thinking about how much I miss it.

Anyone have a guess for legendary drop rate from bounties?

I'm thinking 1 in 20 maybe.

I've gotten 2 rings, 1 shoulder, 2 maces from the act 1 bounties, but I never kept track of how many I did. Split bounties FTW

Split bounties FTW

This... We actually do split bounties on normal and then do the rifts on Torment.

We go for speed to get the bounties done, then we use the rift to look for the torment only items.

Well of course they are catering to the people who purchased RoS. Most of the active people who enjoy the game purchased RoS.

Yeah, and I understand that to a point, but when the patch changelog looks like:

Nerf - Base and RoS
Nerf - Base and RoS
Buff - RoS only
Buff - RoS only

That is some bullshit. They aren't improving the gameplay for anyone except RoS players...in fact, they are making it worse for base game players to try to force them into buying RoS.

I know it makes sense from a business standpoint but as a consumer that is infuriating. Frankly, them pulling those kind of shenanigans doesn't make me want to buy the game, it makes me want to play something else entirely.

I imagine they had a lot of new players buying Diablo 3 with the latest price drops (like myself), and the new Loot 2.0 system which does not require RoS. So it makes little sense to alienate those players now, other than an attempt to force them to shell out the full $40 for the expansion.

Anyway, I've said my piece. If that's how Blizzard wants to play it then I'll just write the game off and move on, unless I see some patches with base game improvements. Glad everyone else is having fun with RoS. :)

Yeah, and I understand that to a point, but when the patch changelog looks like:

Nerf - Base and RoS
Nerf - Base and RoS
Buff - RoS only
Buff - RoS only

That is some bullshit. They aren't improving the gameplay for anyone except RoS players...in fact, they are making it worse for base game players to try to force them into buying RoS.

I know it makes sense from a business standpoint but as a consumer that is infuriating. Frankly, them pulling those kind of shenanigans doesn't make me want to buy the game, it makes me want to play something else entirely.

I imagine they had a lot of new players buying Diablo 3 with the latest price drops (like myself), and the new Loot 2.0 system which does not require RoS. So it makes little sense to alienate those players now, other than an attempt to force them to shell out the full $40 for the expansion.

Anyway, I've said my piece. If that's how Blizzard wants to play it then I'll just write the game off and move on, unless I see some patches with base game improvements. Glad everyone else is having fun with RoS. :)

Do you have a for instance? As far as a buff only applying to ROS

I think he is complaining about how they nerfed the drop rates for chests and purple monsters, then buffed the drop rates or rifts and Kadala. He doesn't have RoS, so all he gets is the nerf to the chest and purple monster drop rates.

I was referring mainly to this post: http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040757287&postcount=15279

Basically it nerfs drop rates that apply to both the base game and RoS, and then boosts drop rates for RoS-specific items (rifts and Kadala).

So they're like, oh, we're nerfing X, but don't worry because we're buffing X! Well, great, if you own RoS...otherwise you are just getting screwed.

EDIT: Ninja'd above

I was referring mainly to this post: http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040757287&postcount=15279

Basically it nerfs drop rates that apply to both the base game and RoS, and then boosts drop rates for RoS-specific items (rifts and Kadala).

So they're like, oh, we're nerfing X, but don't worry because we're buffing X! Well, great, if you own RoS...otherwise you are just getting screwed.

EDIT: Ninja'd above

Its not a nerfing x but improving x. Its that they wanted to change the structure of drops. If you dont buy RoS its a given you wont receive changes made to ROS only content but will get all the base game changes. Theres nothing wrong with that

If they really want to screw you over, they could have left you with the OLD Diablo 3 @ Level 60. No Loot 2.0, crappy drops, and AH ruined economy. They didn't though, your gameplay experience is better from receiving a lot of the RoS changes into your game without having purchased RoS.

Its not a nerfing x but improving x. Its that they wanted to change the structure of drops. If you dont buy RoS its a given you wont receive changes made to ROS only content but will get all the base game changes. Theres nothing wrong with that

It's a clear nerf to chest and unique drop rates...how is it not a nerf?

If they really want to screw you over, they could have left you with the OLD Diablo 3 @ Level 60. No Loot 2.0, crappy drops, and AH ruined economy. They didn't though, your gameplay experience is better from receiving a lot of the RoS changes into your game without having purchased RoS.

True, but then I would have never bought the game in the first place, so I guess that's a moot point.

I don't want to argue with you guys, but it is what it is. It seems like I must be the only one in here who didn't buy RoS right away so I guess I'm in the minority.

It's a clear nerf to chest and unique drop rates...how is it not a nerf?

True, but then I would have never bought the game in the first place, so I guess that's a moot point.

I don't want to argue with you guys, but it is what it is. It seems like I must be the only one in here who didn't buy RoS right away so I guess I'm in the minority.

The chest drop rate was not nerfed, the spawn rate was, which impacts every aspect of the game including Rifts and Adventure mode. Again, this is them determining that the drop rate in certain aspects of the game were flawed from their point of view. This includes the buff to Kadala, i have to this day, spent 3000 shards with 0 legendary drops, which they find as a design flaw, the same as mobs dropping more than intended by design.

Mav If I had $40 laying around I would gift you RoS. You seem fairly level headed about the whole thing, even if your game experience is dinged up a bit from not having RoS.

This... We actually do split bounties on normal and then do the rifts on Torment.

We go for speed to get the bounties done, then we use the rift to look for the torment only items.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Deliverer-1886/hero/3898179

Super speed monk

Base 60% run speed (infinite tempest rush)
Extra movement speed when killing enemies
Breath of life movement speed burst every 15 seconds.

This makes normal bounties insanely fast. This closes the gap between split bounites and solo runs by a fair margin. The super low hp of solo normal mobs means im killing things as I run through them.

If not looking for Torment gear (or care that much about blood shards), this is probably also the fastest ways to get legendaries. The killspeed makes up for any marginal bonus on torment. Normal rifts are completed in blazing fast time. If fact, its probably more than 2x faster than expert farming, so shards per hour is better too.

Anyone have a guess for legendary drop rate from bounties?

I'm thinking 1 in 20 maybe.

I've gotten 2 rings, 1 shoulder, 2 maces from the act 1 bounties, but I never kept track of how many I did. Split bounties FTW

If your talking about getting a legendary from a cache, I never have yet. I've done 219 bounties, not sure how many caches, but no legendary yet..

The chest drop rate was not nerfed, the spawn rate was, which impacts every aspect of the game including Rifts and Adventure mode. Again, this is them determining that the drop rate in certain aspects of the game were flawed from their point of view. This includes the buff to Kadala, i have to this day, spent 3000 shards with 0 legendary drops, which they find as a design flaw, the same as mobs dropping more than intended by design.

I think you are still not seeing my overall point. If you have RoS, you are seeing two nerfs and two buffs. If you have the base game, you are just seeing two nerfs. Overall with RoS you are seeing at least a zero net gain, whereas with the base game you are seeing a net loss (in terms of farming efficiency or whatever metric you want to call it). I wasn't trying to imply that RoS was ONLY seeing buffs, but they are seeing buffs where the base game is seeing none.

Mav If I had $40 laying around I would gift you RoS. You seem fairly level headed about the whole thing, even if your game experience is dinged up a bit from not having RoS.

I appreciate that. It's not even about not being able to afford the $40 cost so much as the principle (although I would not have paid more than I did for Diablo 3 in the first place, which was $20, so...there's that), as well as the fact that none of the people I currently play with bought RoS either, who all got Diablo 3 after the Loot 2.0 patch for $20-ish. So a $40 expansion on top of that is a hard sell.

If your talking about getting a legendary from a cache, I never have yet. I've done 219 bounties, not sure how many caches, but no legendary yet..

I got 3, but that was like 2nd day when the xpack came out. I haven't seen any new ones in a while.

There is no way you spent 3000 shards and didn't get a legendary. You're just flat out lying. I've probably only spent about 500 and have gotten somewhere between 7-10 legendaries. My friends that I play with are in the same ballpark as I am.

There is no way you spent 3000 shards and didn't get a legendary. You're just flat out lying. I've probably only spent about 500 and have gotten somewhere between 7-10 legendaries. My friends that I play with are in the same ballpark as I am.

After spending another 2k today, i got 1 legendary, absolutely garbage leg armor

Sigh. Some people have all the luck. One guildie has 300 hours played total on his monk. I have 1300. He finds everything. Started with a high damage Shard of Hate. Then 2 or 3 days later as if the Diablo gods willed it so, he finds all the other lightning damage gear (Thundergods, Eye of the Storm, lightning damage SOJ, even Strongarm bracers with lightning damage). Tonight he gambles Ice Climbers.

I used to carry this SOB in vanilla d3 and up to the first week of RoS. Now I'm basically second fiddle. lol

I'm paragon 308. He's like 210. On RoS release date I was paragon 250. On patch 2.0, I was paragon 120. So from paragon 120 to 308, I have found no significant upgrade. I've had to craft my way to torment. Crafted gear lets you get by, but it's nothing special because most of the crafted stuff doesn't have secondary abilities.

RNG can just die. This kid wins the Diablo 3 lotto.

Everyone is getting sick of his luck. Even his brother is getting sick of it. It's basically become a game of "What did he find today?"

My luck is the opposite. I find basically all the rares with similar names as legendaries. I have found 3 rares named The Shard.

Probably the worst part about him finding a Shard of Hate is that he didn't even know what the hell he had. I had to explain to him what it was and tell him a build to utilize it. I should have let him salvage the damn thing.

/end rant.

Back