Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Yea it's pretty silly. I'm glad they decided to make it so barrells actually drop stuff, but like with everything blizzard they go full retard in one direction or the other.

What is gold income like at 70? People talking about 1mil to do a stat re-roll... how big is your average pile of gold on the ground?

3 to 4K laying on the ground pretty often in Torment 1.

Re-rolls start off cheap and the cost escalates as you keep re-rolling the same piece of gear.

Yeah in general re-rolls aren't too bad. Only had two items that I had to re-roll more than 3-4 times and whatever number I was on with my hand crossbow ended up being 600k at the end so I'm guessing 10-12 rolls.

The real money sink is gems. I blew through 10 mil this weekend on gems. I forget the numbers but it's like 4.2 mil to go from imperial to the highest royal. That's for one gem. All in all though I started RoS with about 27 mil and am down to 23 and have been over 31 so the gold comes pretty quick. Probably get somewhere between 300k and 1m per hour depending on difficulty/how dedicated I am to picking up all of it/selling rares instead of salvaging them. If you need gold you can definitely farm it easily enough.

And why doesn't Blizzard just make pots drop just gold, plain chests drop both gold and items with a small chance for leg and higher level chests like 4:1 odds on getting legs. I really think the cursed chests should have a high rate of return since you have to interact with them and that makes it harder to speed farm which Blizz seems to hate even without trading/AH.

Yeah in general re-rolls aren't too bad. Only had two items that I had to re-roll more than 3-4 times and whatever number I was on with my hand crossbow ended up being 600k at the end so I'm guessing 10-12 rolls.

The real money sink is gems. I blew through 10 mil this weekend on gems. I forget the numbers but it's like 4.2 mil to go from imperial to the highest royal. That's for one gem. All in all though I started RoS with about 27 mil and am down to 23 and have been over 31 so the gold comes pretty quick. Probably get somewhere between 300k and 1m per hour depending on difficulty/how dedicated I am to picking up all of it/selling rares instead of salvaging them. If you need gold you can definitely farm it easily enough.

And why doesn't Blizzard just make pots drop just gold, plain chests drop both gold and items with a small chance for leg and higher level chests like 4:1 odds on getting legs. I really think the cursed chests should have a high rate of return since you have to interact with them and that makes it harder to speed farm which Blizz seems to hate even without trading/AH.

Legendary crafting is almost a total waste of time thanks to those gems. Not only do you have to hunt "unique materials" now, but sets like Cain's and Demon's Hide require flawless royal gems to make. So when their totally random stats are totally random crap, crafting them again for a second shot is HORRIBLY expensive. I've made at least a dozen attempts at ROS crafting and I think 1 turned out to be acceptable. Salvaging that stuff should return the gem, the soul, and maybe even the unique material to make it worth the trouble.

Last edited:
I wanna know,
back at level 60 pre Loot 2.0 there were level 60 items with item level 60, 61, 62, and 63.
So the same "requires level 60" items were good (ilevel 63, dropping in inferno act4) or crappy (ilevel 60, dropping in inferno act1).

I don't see any way to check ilevel for the level 70 items. Was this itemization removed and all lvl 70 items are the same?

I wanna know,
back at level 60 pre Loot 2.0 there were level 60 items with item level 60, 61, 62, and 63.
So the same "requires level 60" items were good (ilevel 63, dropping in inferno act4) or crappy (ilevel 60, dropping in inferno act1).

I don't see any way to check ilevel for the level 70 items. Was this itemization removed and all lvl 70 items are the same?

It's still in there but I'm not sure if it works the same way. All the ROS legendaries + the class specific armor sets like the new Immortal King only drop on Inferno 1+. Non-class specific stuff like Blackthorne's you can get outside of inferno, and even from Kadala the shard scammer. I imagine it's some sort of iLevel > system to accomplish that. There are clearly items with insane secondary effects like the Shard of Hate that blow the old legendary items out of the space time continuum.

I wanna know,

It's not there anymore, they basically removed that a long time ago.

item stat roll ranges used to be based on item level. A long time ago (around the time of monster power), item' stat rolls changed to be based on the monster level of the mob that dropped it. So a ilvl60 item, when dropped by a ilvl63 monster (MP1 or higher), would have stat rolls like it was ilvl63.

In RoS, its simplified. Every level has a stat range it can roll at, and it stops at 70. There is no 71, 72, or 73. It's just 70. Yellows and below have set stat ranges at 70, and legendary items can have higher stat ranges on some of the stats (mostly primary stats). Say for example, pants can roll up to 450 int, legendarys can roll up to 500 (numbers may not be exact, but you get the point).

This means that legendary items always has more potential to roll better than yellows. A 6 magic property legendary (say from crafting) can be better than the max potential for a yellow in the same slot.

Legs have their drawbacks though, it can be expensive to reroll a slot when you just need one more property, forgotten souls are slow to come by.

It's not there anymore, they basically removed that a long time ago.

item stat roll ranges used to be based on item level. A long time ago (around the time of monster power), item' stat rolls changed to be based on the monster level of the mob that dropped it. So a ilvl60 item, when dropped by a ilvl63 monster (MP1 or higher), would have stat rolls like it was ilvl63.

In RoS, its simplified. Every level has a stat range it can roll at, and it stops at 70. There is no 71, 72, or 73. It's just 70. Yellows and below have set stat ranges at 70, and legendary items can have higher stat ranges on some of the stats (mostly primary stats). Say for example, pants can roll up to 450 int, legendarys can roll up to 500 (numbers may not be exact, but you get the point).

This means that legendary items always has more potential to roll better than yellows. A 6 magic property legendary (say from crafting) can be better than the max potential for a yellow in the same slot.

Legs have their drawbacks though, it can be expensive to reroll a slot when you just need one more property, forgotten souls are slow to come by.

Very expensive if you try rerolling on rings and amulets, each roll is a soul and flawless imperial.

The good thing about rerolling rings and amulets is the cost stays constant, there is no gold required besides the flawless imperial gem.

The good thing about rerolling rings and amulets is the cost stays constant, there is no gold required besides the flawless imperial gem.

At least it's not Flawless Royal like a lot of the set crafting is. I don't know what ever possessed them to do that, but 4 million or so for every epic crafting fail is steep.

Buff drop rates please Blizzard

fIuMaNu.jpg

:mad:

I doubt that there's any type of code that "watches" you. The code, data storage needed per character, and handling all the edge cases would not be feasible to maintain. Same thing for timers, too many edge cases with various play styles.

RNG is RNG is RNG. I got a bunch of legendaires that were upgrades, and a bunch that were not. I've had to roll a ton to get stats I wanted (costing over 1mil per roll, I should've stopped way before that) and gotten perfect rolls on legendaries on a few tries.

The way that my buddies and I play is to farm for approximately 2 hours, remove whatever decent item we want an upgrade for, replace it with a substandard yellow, and over 50% of the time the next legendary that drops is an upgrade for it. That's how I have 3 legendary source drops for my Wizard. 2 hours is the legendary drop rate for us regardless of one shot killing elites on Normal or dodging death on T2. Every so many 2 hour cycles we get an "extra" drop and I think those are off timer RNG drops.

I think the drop rate is tied to a timer based on amount of mobs killed per hour. We have surmised that you have to be actively killing mobs for a certain period of time to get a drop within the 2 hour window. It seems that you have to kill X amount of enemies to satisfy the drop rate timer so we don't pick tasks that take too much time. I can clear multiple rifts solo and I'll get one legendary every 2 hours. Once in a blue moon I'll get drops back to back. But that is really rare. I did see a guy get 5 legendary drops in a run, but he didn't get anything for another 2 hours.

Today we even did Rumford T2 runs for 2 hours and got 1 legendary a piece after watching Dat Modz's twitch stream. I have 1 million character sheet dps on my Wizard so it was paced fine. Gave up on that and did T2 rifts for 2 hours. Same result; one legendary a piece.

My last thought is I think the game has less RNG to make the customer base happy. Allowing them to "work" for X amount of time to receive at least one drop and also still have RNG possibilities for more drops satisfied everyone. Hell, I'm not even complaining about D3. :) :) :)

It's RNG is RNG is RNG for me.

I'll go 2-3 hours without a drop. Then in the next 2-3 hours I'll get 5 legendaries. The legendaries are also random and do not pertain to where I need an upgrade the most. I've gotten a staff, sword and wand in sequence before. There's been no pattern.

It's funny how people quote RNG all day yet still believe in a Smart Loot 2.0 system which "gears" stuff to you. It's not hard to imagine an algorithm that mines your play style. To that effect, I've also noted that when a 2ndary effect is on my legendaries, more often than not, I get poison resist which is my primary used on monk.

At the end of the day, you can possibly have both, without the code to verify if an algorithm was designed specifically for it, discounting its existence to pure RNG alone is not possible.

Also if RNG was purely at work, then statistically speaking, based on the leaked drop rates, for all the monsters/time spent x number of legendaries should exist, your own personal experience should reflect considering were on week 2 now and people have pushed a lot of time into this now. From what my friends have indicated and what we are noticing is that stats wise, it is not following it at all. (2 are stats majors/masters graduates and would fight you tooth and nail on this.)

We've also seen exploits such as mangleclaw and the older leoric's/diablo quest reset also throwing modifiers in to "guaranteed" legendaries indicating that the equation is malleable or breakable.

The way that my buddies and I play is to farm for approximately 2 hours, remove whatever decent item we want an upgrade for, replace it with a substandard yellow, and over 50% of the time the next legendary that drops is an upgrade for it. That's how I have 3 legendary source drops for my Wizard. 2 hours is the legendary drop rate for us regardless of one shot killing elites on Normal or dodging death on T2. Every so many 2 hour cycles we get an "extra" drop and I think those are off timer RNG drops.

I think the drop rate is tied to a timer based on amount of mobs killed per hour. We have surmised that you have to be actively killing mobs for a certain period of time to get a drop within the 2 hour window. It seems that you have to kill X amount of enemies to satisfy the drop rate timer so we don't pick tasks that take too much time. I can clear multiple rifts solo and I'll get one legendary every 2 hours. Once in a blue moon I'll get drops back to back. But that is really rare. I did see a guy get 5 legendary drops in a run, but he didn't get anything for another 2 hours.

Today we even did Rumford T2 runs for 2 hours and got 1 legendary a piece after watching Dat Modz's twitch stream. I have 1 million character sheet dps on my Wizard so it was paced fine. Gave up on that and did T2 rifts for 2 hours. Same result; one legendary a piece.

My last thought is I think the game has less RNG to make the customer base happy. Allowing them to "work" for X amount of time to receive at least one drop and also still have RNG possibilities for more drops satisfied everyone. Hell, I'm not even complaining about D3. :) :) :)

I went 6 hours on Sunday without a single legendary (unless we're counting souls as drops but they're on the 20% legendary materials list I think, not item drops) and we were hitting rifts the whole time.

I think the substandard equipped is a myth. I got absolutely nothing but weapons for days on end despite those being my 2 best items. I'm wearing all legendaries/set items and a terrible chest piece, and I've never even seen a legendary chest armor drop little lone a good one.

And Maple is wrong, there is most definitely a pattern to drops. Play a Barbarian, get 8 jillion Mighty Belts. lol

And Maple is wrong, there is most definitely a pattern to drops. Play a Barbarian, get 8 jillion Mighty Belts. lol

I realise this was a joke, but that being said, I wanted to clear up my last post in case there is mis-understanding.

My words were perhaps not quite well chosen. I didn't mean everything about the drops is RNG. I know we have a re-built loot 2.0 system in place. I get drops appropriate for my character. What I mean to say is that as far as timing of the drops, and stats of the drops, I haven't experienced the game uniquely tuning drops to suit my needs. I also haven't experienced the game dropping legendaries on a regular interval.

For me, legendaries drop at random and while the dropped legendaries are appropriate for my class at said time, they aren't specifically tuned to replace my weakest item or have stats that support my specific build.

Play a Barbarian, get 8 jillion Mighty Belts. lol

It's not just Barbs. On my Monk, If I pick up every blue or better piece of equipment on a bounty or rift run, for each full inventory, I'm almost guaranteed to have at least 4 mighty belts.

This game is not random. The drops are not random....and least not evenly distributively random.

There are hundreds of items which can drop for me but I have gotten the same 10 items multiple times....mainly stuff like the puzzle ring which I have been gifted 5 times now.

Lets say there is a 1% chance for a Legendary Once you have been granted a legendary drop there is no way in hell that each legendary item has the same chance of dropping. It then goes into an algorithm which takes unknown and dynamic factors into account to determine what legendary you will receive.

The odds of me getting 5 puzzle rings out of the total of about 30 legendary which I have found is so stupendously rare in a evenly random environment that it leaves me 99% confident that they have tiered rarity in legendary items.

If someone knows the number of total legendary items I can do a full calculation on the probably of finding 5 Puzzle rings out of 30 total items found....it would be about as rare as me getting struck by lightning and a meteor at the same time.

if I had to guess they have them set into batches. 90 % chance of select an item from batch A (mostly shit) 8% chance from batch B(pretty good items) 2% chance batch C(the good stuff).

though it is possible I'm wrong...but I'd need proof as the evidence suggest I am correct.

I'm so tired of getting belt drops! :mad: I believe blues know about it, I thought I saw a mention of this issue the other day.

[UPCOMING HOTFIXES]
There are no upcoming hotfixes at this time.

The following hotfixes now require a patch, and will be implemented in an upcoming patch:

Belial is occasionally not dropping appropriate loot.*
Players are receiving an unusually high number of Mighty Belts and Quivers.*

This game is not random. The drops are not random....and least not evenly distributively random.

There are hundreds of items which can drop for me but I have gotten the same 10 items multiple times....mainly stuff like the puzzle ring which I have been gifted 5 times now.

Lets say there is a 1% chance for a Legendary Once you have been granted a legendary drop there is no way in hell that each legendary item has the same chance of dropping. It then goes into an algorithm which takes unknown and dynamic factors into account to determine what legendary you will receive.

The odds of me getting 5 puzzle rings out of the total of about 30 legendary which I have found is so stupendously rare in a evenly random environment that it leaves me 99% confident that they have tiered rarity in legendary items.

If someone knows the number of total legendary items I can do a full calculation on the probably of finding 5 Puzzle rings out of 30 total items found....it would be about as rare as me getting struck by lightning and a meteor at the same time.

if I had to guess they have them set into batches. 90 % chance of select an item from batch A (mostly shit) 8% chance from batch B(pretty good items) 2% chance batch C(the good stuff).

though it is possible I'm wrong...but I'd need proof as the evidence suggest I am correct.

Randomness has streaks in it. Personally I have zero Puzzle Rings our of over 100 Legendary drops from leveling and playing two characters. Does that mean I am not in the bucket of people to get a Puzzle Ring? No.

Also once you get a few Legendary items, the chances of getting duplicates goes up dramatically:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birthday_problem

I realise this was a joke, but that being said, I wanted to clear up my last post in case there is mis-understanding.

My words were perhaps not quite well chosen. I didn't mean everything about the drops is RNG. I know we have a re-built loot 2.0 system in place. I get drops appropriate for my character. What I mean to say is that as far as timing of the drops, and stats of the drops, I haven't experienced the game uniquely tuning drops to suit my needs. I also haven't experienced the game dropping legendaries on a regular interval.

For me, legendaries drop at random and while the dropped legendaries are appropriate for my class at said time, they aren't specifically tuned to replace my weakest item or have stats that support my specific build.
I agree, I don't think it's really paying attention to what we need.

Honestly I'd like it to be less smart sometimes. It would be nice if there was a "smart loot" vs "random loot" toggle so I could play my character I like best and get stuff for my followers/other chars.

That said, there does appear to be a definite density change in drops that almost seems scheduled. Everyone I play with seems to get a "turn" at getting 5 legendaries in 20 minutes every so often.

I think the loot system just has bugs in it more than anything else right now. People are complaining stuff doesn't drop enough but I'd wager it's likely some stuff just isn't working properly.

If Crusader buffs are live, does that mean a real game patch was released today?

Randomness has streaks in it. Personally I have zero Puzzle Rings our of over 100 Legendary drops from leveling and playing two characters. Does that mean I am not in the bucket of people to get a Puzzle Ring? No.

Also once you get a few Legendary items, the chances of getting duplicates goes up dramatically:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birthday_problem

Don't think the birthday paradox applies to this situation.

I know is if it was pure evenly distributed random getting 5 puzzle rings would be near impossible.

Awesome, they removed the flawless royal gem requirement for legendary crafting. It might actually be worth doing now.

It's funny how people quote RNG all day yet still believe in a Smart Loot 2.0 system which "gears" stuff to you. It's not hard to imagine an algorithm that mines your play style. To that effect, I've also noted that when a 2ndary effect is on my legendaries, more often than not, I get poison resist which is my primary used on monk.

At the end of the day, you can possibly have both, without the code to verify if an algorithm was designed specifically for it, discounting its existence to pure RNG alone is not possible.

Also if RNG was purely at work, then statistically speaking, based on the leaked drop rates, for all the monsters/time spent x number of legendaries should exist, your own personal experience should reflect considering were on week 2 now and people have pushed a lot of time into this now. From what my friends have indicated and what we are noticing is that stats wise, it is not following it at all. (2 are stats majors/masters graduates and would fight you tooth and nail on this.)

We've also seen exploits such as mangleclaw and the older leoric's/diablo quest reset also throwing modifiers in to "guaranteed" legendaries indicating that the equation is malleable or breakable.

There is a huge difference between static "smart" loot distributions, and dynamic "intelligent" loot distributions. RNG will always tend for an even distribution over a large sample, but the loot tables based on that RNG are easy to set a range for distribution.

Let's start off with an easy example. Let's say 80% of main stat rolls should be Dex (cause I play a monk). RNG rolls from 1-100, anything below an 81 is dex, 81-90 is int, and 91-100 is str, done. It's very easy to modifiy those ranges in a static way to alter the distribution you want. Even though loot table distribution isnt even (by design) RNG is fair and evenly distributed.

What some of you are proposing is that you change those loot tables dynamically. It's not impossible to shift those tables, but how do you determine how to shift those tables. Play history, what if your play style changes? How far does it look back? Wouldnt this pigeonhole you into the first playstyle you choose as each "intelligent" gear drop further reinforces you down that path? Say somehow an int based monk is viable, and you started wanting more int on your gear. There are some magical algorithims that notice your play style changes to wanting int. How far of a history do you look back? 1 hour? 2 hours? 3 days? How much data would have to be stored per character?

Playstyle is a very hard thing to quantify in a game. You may think there are only a few play styles, but keeping all the data to determine play style to affect drop loots is a lot of work for a little gain. I change a few of my skills depending on what I'm farming, and if I'm solo/in a party. I switch back and forth between monk and wizard depending on what I'm going for. I change gear depending on if I'm Archon farming one boss, or long term farming (+arcane to +lighting damge). I've farmed for drops, for caches, for exp, for crafting materials, for blood shards, even for gold in different ways. What is my playstyle? What would you gear my drops towards?

If you use personal anecdotal experience for 2 weeks, then you can draw a lot of wrong conclusions because the sample size is too small. You say you get a leg every 2 hours, someone goes 6 hours without a legendary. Disproven. You say you get loot based what "crappy gear you have" to fill in slots, my friend got 7 legendary/set rings in a row, Dis-proven. Why have i not seen a legenary ring or amulet, even though everything else is a legendary or set piece?

Back in vanilla, a couple of people (backed with hundreds of people providing statistical data to support it) theorycrafted how loot is rolled.

-First determine item level
-Then the item type rolls (ring, helm, etc)
-Then determine if legendary (based on standard leg chance with MF)
-Then determine if 6 prop, 5,prop, 4 prop, 3prop, 2prop blue, 1 prop blue
-If legendary/set rolled, determine type
-Roll stats afterwards.

All the changes to loot 2.0 doesnt seem to change up this formula too much, stat rolls its easy to modify. Primary/Secondary properties and mystic make the random much more controllable. Any type of intelligent item drop ("Well you're missing a good bracer, and I see you're gearing for +Arcane damage, so I'll roll that for you") is over the top.

You can consult with you statisticians all day if you want, but I'll go toe to toe with them as a software engineer with a masters focus in Intelligent Systems. I'm not saying it's impossible, but its infeasable to design something like that for any reasonable benefit

-First determine item level
-Then the item type rolls (ring, helm, etc)
-Then determine if legendary (based on standard leg chance with MF)
-Then determine if 6 prop, 5,prop, 4 prop, 3prop, 2prop blue, 1 prop blue
-If legendary/set rolled, determine type
-Roll stats afterwards.

Any type of intelligent item drop ("Well you're missing a good bracer, and I see you're gearing for +Arcane damage, so I'll roll that for you") is over the top.
I don't think people are saying it's that smart. I think a lot of them believe it's something akin to if you're wearing a legendary helm you're less likely to get another legendary helm, which isn't that hard to do. Unfortunately it's totally opposite of my experience so I doubt that's the case.

I think the steps make more sense to do item level, quality, type, stats, but considering the belt thing it sure seems like the type is determined before quality.

I wish they'd do something with smart loot to help us complete sets. Without trading I don't have high hopes I'll ever get my Solemn Vow and missing pieces of Immortal King. :(

That fact that you got anything useful from Kadala puts you in the minority, regardless of how many Shards it took! :D

I got Magefist gaunts, Blackthorne's coat, and Profane Pauldrons from her.

Anybody know if the Bul Kathos weapon set can be obtained through her? I know the lvl 70 class armors can't, but maybe it gives me an option to pursue the weapons.

I got Magefist gaunts, Blackthorne's coat, and Profane Pauldrons from her.

Anybody know if the Bul Kathos weapon set can be obtained through her? I know the lvl 70 class armors can't, but maybe it gives me an option to pursue the weapons.

I've gotten blackthrone's belt from her, so you can get some set items. I think it's pre-torment items can drop there.

In one purchase run (140 shards) I got 2legs and a set belt from her. Since then, nothing but yellows and blues

I've gotten blackthrone's belt from her, so you can get some set items. I think it's pre-torment items can drop there.

In one purchase run (140 shards) I got 2legs and a set belt from her. Since then, nothing but yellows and blues

Indeed, but how do I know which one's are pre-torment? They posted a list showing that all sets with class specific skill buffs are but that was pretty much it.

I went 6 hours on Sunday without a single legendary (unless we're counting souls as drops but they're on the 20% legendary materials list I think, not item drops) and we were hitting rifts the whole time.

I think the substandard equipped is a myth. I got absolutely nothing but weapons for days on end despite those being my 2 best items. I'm wearing all legendaries/set items and a terrible chest piece, and I've never even seen a legendary chest armor drop little lone a good one.

I find that if you miss a goblin kill because your dps is too low, then your drop timer is reset to zero. We joke in TeamSpeak that it's a punish from Blizzard and our voice chat goes silent for quite some time afterwards. But it does seem to work out that way. So we make sure that the sob's die fast to keep our drop rate consistent even if that means suicide. Try making sure that all goblins are dead and see if your drop rate normalizes at 2 hours or less. :) Also if you can't kill goblins at the difficulty you've chosen then, then you're not killing mobs at the correct speed to satisfy the drop rate timer.

Not insinuating that any of that has happened to you. But if that is the case try working on it. :)

I got a 2660 DPS Windforce from Kadala. Better than anything else I've found.

The people discussing the drops right now are cracking me up. It's reaching Onyxia Deep Breath theorycrafting tier at this point. No, the game doesn't monitor your current gear or the way you play nor does it matter what kind of build you're doing (Blizz already stated this, and it would be completely counter-intuitive based on the reasons Breath_of_the_Dying already provided).

stevedave said:

This is the ONLY thing that is true and confirmed by Blizzard. Some legendaries drop more often than others, which is why you'll usually find, for example, 10 Blackthorne pieces for every 1 of your new 70 set.

Everything else is pure conjecture and confirmation bias at this point.

Indeed, but how do I know which one's are pre-torment? They posted a list showing that all sets with class specific skill buffs are but that was pretty much it.

Anything that isn't a set item or cache-exclusive legendary.

Anything that isn't a set item or cache-exclusive legendary.
Some sets are supposed to be Torment only and others aren't. I've already gotten set items from Kadala so I know this is true. I need to know if Bul Kathos weapons are one of them or if I'm wasting my time spending shards on them.

I find that if you miss a goblin kill because your dps is too low, then your drop timer is reset to zero.
I doubt it works this way, but that's a hilarious superstition I am more than willing to perpetuate. :D

A timer would be so easy to exploit.

Thorns damage
Find a mob generator
AFK

12 legendaries a day!

What really bugs me is I can put on full survival skills, push my Barb to 30 mil toughness, and just run zones smashing containers on torment 6 to get more legendary drops in a day than I see in a weeks worth of rift wardens.

What really bugs me is I can put on full survival skills, push my Barb to 30 mil toughness, and just run zones smashing containers on torment 6 to get more legendary drops in a day than I see in a weeks worth of rift wardens.

If you are determined to solo the game, set your game to chapter one, Fallen Star; Rumford at the gates on T2 or higher. The Wretched Mothers have drop rates like a purple mob would. Make sure you kill all of the purple named mobs as they have a higher legendary drop rate. Turn in the quest for a couple million exp to Rumford. Leave the game and reset the quest. Rinse and repeat.

Personally I would just play in a group for the extra drops and loot. :)

Last edited:
Barbs and Crusaders seem to have gotten a bunch of meaty changes in the latest patch. I figured the Crusader would given it's newest class and the crying over it has been pretty epic.

Back