Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Got a barb and WD at 60 but today I had quite a bit of fun leveling my DH and monk. Liking this version of D3 much more than its predecessor. I am actually thinking about pre-ordering RoS...which before 2.0 would have never been considered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWcEPR7pJ4

i'll just put this right here.. enjoy

There's an even faster way level 60... in 1 minute. KingKongor just discovered it. Only works if you have torment unlocked! (i think...)

Basically you get a group for Torment 6: Act 1 Quest 9 Part 3 (The Butcher) , port to Halls of Agony 2 , make your way through cursed hold and to Halls of Agony 3, right when you enter Halls of Agony go to where the fire pits are, there's a ~50% chance for a Cursed Chest to spawn. Make the group invite you when they find the chest, and start the event and kill all the mobs to hit 60.

The math when you have a full group of geared players is ~2.6 billion experience per hour.

Expect a hotfix nerf soon.

Pondering here a little. They killed life steal for high lvl, but I haven't found a definite answer to Life on Hit. Is it borked for 70 and above?

I would craft shoulders and bracers right away,

What plan am I looking for to do so? Are the old plans (ie. Bracers of strength) updated with 2.0.1? Or is it something else?

Btw totally trying out that lvl 60 trick

So, looks like loot 2.0 is really good. However, with no trading and using a complete RNG complete a set is going to be almost impossible.

Kind of wish they would loot table the set items so you could farm specific runs and have a % change to get the piece you are looking for.

Otherwise I am going to install tonight and try this out.

So, looks like loot 2.0 is really good. However, with no trading and using a complete RNG complete a set is going to be almost impossible.

Kind of wish they would loot table the set items so you could farm specific runs and have a % change to get the piece you are looking for.

My thoughts exactly.

That'd be great for convenience, but if you want a certain set for looks or whatever, wouldn't that be like "beating the game"? So to speak? I think people play Diablo for the loot hunt, not to find a complete set and be done with it...

...at least that's my way of play. :cool:

I almost want WoW on a D3 scale. I don't have time or commitment to get 15-30 people together for end game raids.

I want content I can do solo, or in small pick up groups for items.

There are still things that would be good in this game, like an endless dungeon ladder.

That'd be great for convenience, but if you want a certain set for looks or whatever, wouldn't that be like "beating the game"? So to speak? I think people play Diablo for the loot hunt, not to find a complete set and be done with it...

...at least that's my way of play.

The loot hunt in fine, but if I am HUNTING for an IK set I want to know what run(s) to do in order for that set to drop. Why? Because I can't use any other set pieces that drop for trading. It can be an end run boss, and if you kill him with X whatever, etc then you have a Y% chance of your set item dropping.

Just like WoW.

I almost want WoW on a D3 scale. I don't have time or commitment to get 15-30 people together for end game raids.

I want content I can do solo, or in small pick up groups for items.

I'm nitpicking here. But I think you may want what Diablo isn't really meant for. But has been adapted to *try* and accomodate. We have online group making sessions with drop-in, drop-out abilities. It's very easy to accomplish. All you do is select the quest, choose public and join your pick up groups. Kill some shit and leave when you want to. There's absolutely no commitment requirements in this game.

The loot hunt in fine, but if I am HUNTING for an IK set I want to know what run(s) to do in order for that set to drop.

I don't disagree with you, per se. I would love to find specific items and go for them specifically. But there's a HUGE drawback to that. The drawback is that a lot of people would then just run only the runs they want, get what they need and consider the game "beaten." These kinds of games want people to play hours upon hours of gameplay (not in short bursts of only a few weeks but through months of play) for the chance to drop something amazing.

Why? Because I can't use any other set pieces that drop for trading. It can be an end run boss, and if you kill him with X whatever, etc then you have a Y% chance of your set item dropping.

Just like WoW.

I don't play this game to be like World of Warcraft. If I wanted to, I could easily load up WoW.

Edit:Even then, Blizzard has made WoW accessible for those with time constraints. A dungeon run takes a short period of time, maybe an hour. PvP can take up to an hour or so, depending on conditions. The only part that may require some commitment is a pick-up raid. And with LFR, it's rather simple to get in and do it with scaling difficulty levels.

ARGGGGGGGGG

I lagged and died in Hardcore. Does Blizz reset Hardcore characters if the client kicks you from a disconnect? My game froze for like 30 seconds then it kicked me to the menu saying I disconnected, but my guy is dead.

I'm nitpicking here. But I think you may want what Diablo isn't really meant for.

I know what Diablo is meant for and they went full retard with the AH... now they went full retard the other way and took trading complete out it. The economy and loot hunting is what made D2 great, there were things they changed that were better too (like not having to start over leveling if you screwed your skill build).

I am not saying this game isn't for the better, it CERTAINLY looks that way. You can make farming take a long time with a low drop rate, it won't kill it to know when you do hit it will be what you spent hours looking for.

Am I miss understanding that the raids in WoW are loot tabled so the group knows what could drop?

ARGGGGGGGGG

I lagged and died in Hardcore. Does Blizz reset Hardcore characters if the client kicks you from a disconnect? My game froze for like 30 seconds then it kicked me to the menu saying I disconnected, but my guy is dead.

Lol no they do not. All hardcore players have been here.

There is a new legendary amulet in hardcore that can drop. If you have it equipped and you receive fatal damage you will be returned to full health. The amulet is destroyed when this happens.

I swear this is the only game where I will lag for like 10-30 seconds at a time...

I want to play Hardcore so bad, but literally...EVERY ONE of my guys has died due to a lag spike.

ARGGGGGGGGG

Exactly why I don't play hardcore even though the thrill would be off the chart. I've d/c'd numerous times last night and come back dead.

I swear this is the only game where I will lag for like 10-30 seconds at a time...

I want to play Hardcore so bad, but literally...EVERY ONE of my guys has died due to a lag spike.

Then why play hardcore. I lag for like 10 sec the first time I zone into an area for the first time but then I installed it on an ssd and that went away.

So they completely removed trade? Thats kind of lame.. almost sounds like they went completely single player.

I like removing the RMAH but I think they should have left the gold one. Seems kind of stupid.

So they completely removed trade? Thats kind of lame.. almost sounds like they went completely single player.

I like removing the RMAH but I think they should have left the gold one. Seems kind of stupid.

No, it's something like...you can still trade items between players for like 2 hours after they drop. They also had to be present for the drop. Not sure if that applies to just Set/Legendary items or all items, but I think it is just for the higher-end stuff which is account bound now (after that 2 hour time period).

No, it's something like...you can still trade items between players for like 2 hours after they drop. They also had to be present for the drop. Not sure if that applies to just Set/Legendary items or all items, but I think it is just for the higher-end stuff which is account bound now (after that 2 hour time period).

Aww, i'm sad to hear this is true.

Endgame soloing will be a waste of time then..?

or maybe they've buffed crafting a lot. So if all you are getting is legendaries and set items for other classes, then you can dench them and craft it into usable stuff?

or perhaps they've applied the smart drop system to legendaries and sets items. If you're playing solo, you will most likely get a set item for your class?

with the reduced life steal I had to alter my build.

I was rocking 280k DPS and 15k Life but a few interesting drops put me at 222k DPS and 70K life.

The drops are off the chain. My gear is pretty rock solid and a large chunk of what drops has me looking at my gear and weighing pro's and cons.

For instance Do I keep WitchingHour or replace it with a 200int, 200 vit, 60 allres, 14% electrocute damage belt.....Good either way.

Right now I'm rocking 2 million a Crit with Heat wave. Reduced my Attack speed and upped my damage so I don't run out of mana as quick. Pretty bad ass New boot, belt, Bracers, ring and Helmet since 2.0.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/10075789

Aww, i'm sad to hear this is true.

Endgame soloing will be a waste of time then..?

or maybe they've buffed crafting a lot. So if all you are getting is legendaries and set items for other classes, then you can dench them and craft it into usable stuff?

or perhaps they've applied the smart drop system to legendaries and sets items. If you're playing solo, you will most likely get a set item for your class?

They buffed crafting and everything is smart drops now. I've put in 4 or 5 hours and only had a handful of other class gear drop. With RoS they are also adding another NPC called the Mystic I think that allows you to reroll a single stat on an item and a few other things I believe. There's really no reason to solo endgame as having other's in the game actually gives you boosts and you still have your own loot. You can solo if you want the challenge but I think torment at the higher levels is supposed to be harder than MP10 was.

They buffed crafting and everything is smart drops now. I've put in 4 or 5 hours and only had a handful of other class gear drop. With RoS they are also adding another NPC called the Mystic I think that allows you to reroll a single stat on an item and a few other things I believe. There's really no reason to solo endgame as having other's in the game actually gives you boosts and you still have your own loot. You can solo if you want the challenge but I think torment at the higher levels is supposed to be harder than MP10 was.

Good to hear. So basically there are loot tables now--one for each class.

Then why play hardcore. I lag for like 10 sec the first time I zone into an area for the first time but then I installed it on an ssd and that went away.

They changed the loading to be before getting into the game and not upon starting the game. PReivously I had lag when zoning in and now it's smooth as butter, even if it's not on a SSD.

I know what Diablo is meant for and they went full retard with the AH... now they went full retard the other way and took trading complete out it. The economy and loot hunting is what made D2 great, there were things they changed that were better too (like not having to start over leveling if you screwed your skill build).

I agree! I think trading, ultimately, should still be around. Bartering was a fun part of Diablo 2.

Am I miss understanding that the raids in WoW are loot tabled so the group knows what could drop?

Nope! But I just don't agree that the system in WoW should translate over to Diablo 3. :cool:

Do you have any Blizz links for confirmation or is this just your experiences? I actually moved the game to my SSD myself a long time ago cause it would stutter for awhile every time I dropped into a new zone before I did.

Maybe I'll have to run it in a window and check Resource Monitor and Task Manager or something. It would be cool to know if this did officially change.

I can't seems to find it but I think they say that the loading happened in town before zoning and now while zoning in the new place.

I think it was a forum post that they explained how they changed the loading but I do remember they changed it dramatically which was the reason for the huge download and "file reconfiguration" process we had to do with the patch. My understanding is they are pre-loading the assets prior to going to a zone (either in town or when you TP) whereas it was loading the assets when you first entered a zone which is what caused the stutter/lag in new zones. They said it made for longer load times/screens but smoother gameplay.

And I don't think it's loot tables per say but more a stat and loot table hybrid. Like I picked up a Blackthorne's belt yesterday with STR on my barb but I know that item will also drop for basically every other class just with their respective attribute.

I think it was a forum post that they explained how they changed the loading but I do remember they changed it dramatically which was the reason for the huge download and "file reconfiguration" process we had to do with the patch. My understanding is they are pre-loading the assets prior to going to a zone (either in town or when you TP) whereas it was loading the assets when you first entered a zone which is what caused the stutter/lag in new zones. They said it made for longer load times/screens but smoother gameplay.

And I don't think it's loot tables per say but more a stat and loot table hybrid. Like I picked up a Blackthorne's belt yesterday with STR on my barb but I know that item will also drop for basically every other class just with their respective attribute.
In other words, Blizzard discovered what RAM is for.

But for set items, it'd have to be a loot table because on a wizard you're not going to want the other classes set bonuses. Or i wonder if they'll just have a natalie's piece drop with int.
In other words, Blizzard discovered what RAM is for.
LOL

I got a badass looking 2H axe that is all int based baby. My WD looks like a freak carrying it around due to its size and the way the WD walks/crawls...lol

But for set items, it'd have to be a loot table because on a wizard you're not going to want the other classes set bonuses. Or i wonder if they'll just have a natalie's piece drop with int.

LOL

That's why I say hybrid, I don't think IK will drop for a witch doctor with INT on it but set items that aren't tied to a class can drop with different stats. Off the top of my head I know Blackthorne's and Hollowed Defender can have any stat on them as the primary stat whereas Inna's and IK will be specific. I think the item browser has been updated on Blizz's site to show what stats can drop on what items.

You know, I've noticed a performance hit since the patch. I think it's the pre loading of assets. Which boggles my mind since I'm using an ssd, good ram, and plenty of it. "Smoother gameplay" may have been a legitimate concern. This shouldn't be noticeable on a decent rig =\

Weird, I've noticed a significant performance increase. In 1.0.8 I used to regularly dip into 40's, now it rarely, if ever drops from 120. This is on a 4770k and 290X.

Weird, I've noticed a significant performance increase. In 1.0.8 I used to regularly dip into 40's, now it rarely, if ever drops from 120. This is on a 4770k and 290X.

Was your CPU clocked at 200 MHz or something?

Was your CPU clocked at 200 MHz or something?

Nah I made sure it wasn't downclocking. Could never really explain it other than Blizzard hates multi-threading, but it doesn't seem to be a problem anymore.

Back