• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

And people wonder why other human beings go crazy and shoot/kill other people.

Why, under any circumstance, should you be excited for features that should have existed from release?

p.s. "flattery" via PoE isn't exactly pertinent when the D3 / D3X team have absolutely zero ties to D2, aside from the parent company. ( that clearly has no interest in preserving the ideals of the genre).


Honestly I'm a little upset this thread got necro'd for this of all things.

Doesn't matter anymore if they should or shouldn't be included from the start. We now know they will for the expansion. Having said that, I've taken a break from this game until RoS is released eventually.

Yes, they messed up the original release, but at least they're working hard to improve the game in many area's. Seeing them taking this seriously is enough for me to look forward to the expansion.


Also, who are you to judge other people? You can't even accept people still want to play this game? Your going way overboard with that humans shoot others/themselves "thing".
 
Anyone wanna run some infernal runs (softcore)? I'm in the market for a high dps dex ring for my TR monk. I've got a decent CM wiz and Bell monk to mess around with, but I'm not a seasoned MP10 runner yet.

With everything I've seen, having a jump start on paragon levels will be very beneficial come expansion. I'd love to max out movement speed at the expansion launch, but I'm not sure what kiind exp it would take to equal paragon 200 come the conversion.
 
And people wonder why other human beings go crazy and shoot/kill other people.

Why, under any circumstance, should you be excited for features that should have existed from release?

p.s. "flattery" via PoE isn't exactly pertinent when the D3 / D3X team have absolutely zero ties to D2, aside from the parent company. ( that clearly has no interest in preserving the ideals of the genre).


Honestly I'm a little upset this thread got necro'd for this of all things.

I am not sure if it is a true necro when a 675 page thread had only been quiet for less than 2 weeks ;) ... also, this weekend is Blizzcon so that is why there are so many postings on the various Blizzard projects they were highlighting (Warcraft expansion, Warcraft movie, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, and the Diablo expansion) ... although the implementation of D3 was flawed on release Blizzard has at least been consistent to type and continued to tweak ... the expansion is looking quite nice based on the panels I watched on the virtual stream of Blizzcon so I think it will actually enhance the game and I look forward to it once it is available :cool:
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1acHbIgsuY

I can't deny I'm feeling excited for this expansion. They definitely want to go for a different atmosphere. In the video above from Blizzcon they show some of the new area's like Westmarch and the zones deeper into the expansion, they show some of the new monsters and their mechanics, etc.
 
So I just got back from Blizzcon. I was full on hate mode for D3 lvl 60+ - but you know what? I was really impressed this past weekend. Every single one of my complaints except for online only mode looks like it's being addressed. By guys who appear to have played D1 and D2 in the past, and know what made them fun...

Less loot drops - Check
More meaningful drops - Check
Interesting uniques that have build defining potential - Check
Ability to reroll stats on gear that is close, but juuuust not quite there - Check
More Gothic setting and colors - Check
New class - interesting paladin (with blessed hammers) - Check
Completely randomized dungeons (including tilesets) - Check
Boss runs for loot via adventure mode - Check
Boss monsters spawning randomly in dungeons - Check
"making it so that not every barb is a whirlwind barb" attitude toward classes - Check
Resist all gems - check
"considering runewords" - check
Removal of the AH with the focus on finding your own loot - check
Paragon levels addressing the lack of stat allocation - check (assuming they do it right)

Honestly, it looked pretty good, played well, crusader was fun, other classes get some love... I'm actually thinking they won't screw this one up.. I know, I know... crazy talk... but I'm digging this Josh guy and what he's doing. Even if he fails to save this turd - he's damn sure trying his best to undo Jay Wilson (who was nowhere to be found at Blizzcon - ha) - and I'm happy that my favorite game series just may actually get the loving it deserves...

Now if they could just let me play it on a plane with no internet connection... Sigh... Oh well - I'll happily concede that battle if they deliver on all the above...
 
If you haven't figured it out by now, when Blizz says "considering" that means "not anytime soon, if ever". You will see runewords in the 2nd expansion at the earliest.
 
Last edited:
So no talk of finally delivering on the PvP they promised me?

dXX9CnZ.gif
 
Pleas help, question on account for playing Diablo ]l[

I forgot how I got D3 last year, was either a birthday gift from one of my brothers, or I bought it myself, was last Summer 2012. I only played it a few times, and put it down, was a bigger fan of Torchlight 2 back then.

I was bored last night, and after reading about the D3 expansion, got the itch to give D ]l[ another try. I logged into my Blizzard account, which I play WoW alot still, and downloaded the D3 game client, because I couldn't find my old game box, but assumed since I played it originally last year, I must have entered in the game code off the box when I bought it, or got it as gift.

So I download the 8GB file, start up the game, log into using my WoW account info, and it felt like a trial version for some reason, said I had an upgrade available for Diablo 3 ?

Anyways, I try out a Monk class, and instantly fell love with the game, fucking awesome game, and blows away Torchlight 2, not sure what I was smoking thinking T2 was better :rolleyes: Graphics are better in D ]l[, the music is better, the dark scary theme is better.

But then I got to Level 10, after killing the Skeleton key master guy, and said I was done with the trial ? I had no idea I was playing a starter trial version of Diablo ]l[ ? I thought since I played last year, it saved my full game account ? It even showed my old character from last year, who was a Level 5 character, I haven't played since last summer.

How do i set it to a full game account ? I have no idea where the game box is with all the info ? I have to ask my brothers I think got the game as a birthday gift, maybe a digital download rings a bell ?
 
It sounds like you got a free trial of the first act from having an active wow subscription. You essentially have a demo.

While I'm absolutely the most negative person here in regards to the game; I don't think many people will argue that Act 1 is far, far higher in quality in almost every aspect [than the rest of the game]. Act 2 is pretty good, Act 3 looks cool but has ridiculously stupid quests, and Act 4 is a rush job that makes zero sense and barely worth mentioning as another "Act".

Just something to think about it if you decide to buy the game. I think you can get it for ~$10 though, so you're not exactly losing out that much money at this point.
 
You probably just downloaded the demo, which should still be available to those that own the game. Check your Blizzard account info page and see if you can download the full game from there.
 
You probably just downloaded the demo, which should still be available to those that own the game. Check your Blizzard account info page and see if you can download the full game from there.

Thanks, so where would that be on the Blizzard account page ? It just lists 'download game client', didn't really see an option for the demo vs full game ?

And I know when I installed the game the first time last year, it was the full official game, and I must have entered my game code # back then ? But I rebuilt my PC since then, and obviously did not keep D3 on the computer, due to it being new now.
 
Thanks, so where would that be on the Blizzard account page ? It just lists 'download game client', didn't really see an option for the demo vs full game ?

And I know when I installed the game the first time last year, it was the full official game, and I must have entered my game code # back then ? But I rebuilt my PC since then, and obviously did not keep D3 on the computer, due to it being new now.

It should be under your listed games
 
Anyways, I try out a Monk class, and instantly fell love with the game, fucking awesome game, and blows away Torchlight 2, not sure what I was smoking thinking T2 was better :rolleyes: Graphics are better in D ]l[, the music is better, the dark scary theme is better.

QFT. I finally picked up Torchlight 2 last month at a Steam sale. After about 30hrs in there is no comparison, D3 has better polish, better production value, better voice acting, better cutscene animations, and fewer "issues". My character actually got "stuck" in my first T2 playthrough. That's a showstopper that I haven't seen since the first Diablo.

It may not be fair to compare the two, considering Blizzards vast resources compared to Runic Games. T2 is still a good ARPG. But it feels like "store brand" Diablo in the end.
 
I love TL2 personally. I think their map system adds tons of replay to the end game. They have a complete Steam WorkShop so that makes up for any negatives that one can nitpick for. Plus I can play offline. Starting a hardcore character in TL2 after BF4 wears off, whereas in D3 I can't even stay alive in softcore because of lag. And the bosses in TL2 actually require thought to defeat on the higher play through. D3 bosses really don't do it for me. I just felt like I needed to buy more dps gear to overcome them.

I believe the game goes to level NG5+ or so. If it's not 5 then there's a mod to make it whatever difficulty you wish it to be.

Here's Kripparian showing off one of the many mods available for the game.
 
I love TL2 personally. I think their map system adds tons of replay to the end game. They have a complete Steam WorkShop so that makes up for any negatives that one can nitpick for. Plus I can play offline. Starting a hardcore character in TL2 after BF4 wears off, whereas in D3 I can't even stay alive in softcore because of lag. And the bosses in TL2 actually require thought to defeat on the higher play through. D3 bosses really don't do it for me. I just felt like I needed to buy more dps gear to overcome them.

I believe the game goes to level NG5+ or so. If it's not 5 then there's a mod to make it whatever difficulty you wish it to be.

Here's Kripparian showing off one of the many mods available for the game.

This. All of this. D3 may have better production resources and a bit more polish on it, but TL2 will always have higher marks in pretty much any other category hands down.
 
I refuse to make comparisons between TL2 and D3. Sure, they cater to the same genre, but one studio has a Lamborghini budget, the other more like a Lexus budget.

The only thing it does is make me EXPECT D3 to blow TL2 out of the water, and in some ways it does.

The stranger item to me is that I'm finding another Lexus title to hold my interest better than D3 did. POE is surprising me. Love the massive skill tree that everyone shares too...

worm
 
i just downloaded Torch 2 to see what all the fuss is about. Hopefully it'll keep my interest for awhile.

Love Diablo 3, but I'm tired of the same acts over and over and over and over.
 
i just downloaded Torch 2 to see what all the fuss is about. Hopefully it'll keep my interest for awhile.

Love Diablo 3, but I'm tired of the same acts over and over and over and over.

TL2 has a horadric cube, and interesting gems. The gear customization was it's best strength IMO.
 
PoE - TL2- D2 -D3 in that order..

If you are going to include D2 in the mix then you can include Titan's Quest ... it was probably cream of the D2 imitators ... really looking forward to the final release of their next project (Grim Dawn)
 
I've got the Alpha/Beta whatever of Grim Dawn as well. And I have to say that has been pretty good too for the stage it is at. I'm awaiting more from them.

worm
 
If you are going to include D2 in the mix then you can include Titan's Quest ... it was probably cream of the D2 imitators ... really looking forward to the final release of their next project (Grim Dawn)

I agree, Titan Quest is better than TL2, I would say D2 - PoE - TQ - Revenant - D3 - TL.
 
TBH Dungeon Siege 2 is pretty decent too if you can get past the first 45 minutes, which were horrible.
 
I didn't enjoy too many of the knockoffs but enough people did so that D3 looks like torchlight, also they took quite a bit from WoW and maybe threw in a splash of diablo.

I dunno about Path of Exile, I played it for a bit, but ehhh it's just kinda forgettable. For me D2 was the pinnacle of dungeon crawlers.
 
log into battle.net and go to the summary tab.

Do you see the "Standard Edition" subtext like mine has here?

bnet.PNG

Mine shows 'Starter Edition'

But when I installed the game last year, it was either through a full out of the box retail version, or a digital purchase as gift.

But now that option doesn't seem to be coming up ? Need to look all over the house for the game box. But I thought I bought Diablo 3 online last year, and just downloaded it.
 
Slowly collecting keys, if anyone wants to join in runs with me, PM me.

I never did much infernal machines when they released, so I need to take it easy vs them. I'm planning on getting 15 keys, and starting at MP6 and increasing the level.
 
Mine shows 'Starter Edition'

But when I installed the game last year, it was either through a full out of the box retail version, or a digital purchase as gift.

But now that option doesn't seem to be coming up ? Need to look all over the house for the game box. But I thought I bought Diablo 3 online last year, and just downloaded it.

Lame. Search your email too.
 
TBH Dungeon Siege 2 is pretty decent too if you can get past the first 45 minutes, which were horrible.

LOL Dungeon Sleep :rolleyes:

I was a big Diablo 1 + 2 fan, then my brothers and I tried out the Dungeon Sleep series, LOL, what a frigging joke, you could put your character on auto-follow and practically have them level up, while you went out to dinner and a movie.

I know Action RPG's like Dibalo are pretty much brain dead, just click and kill, but dang that Dungeon Sleep series was completely mind numbingly lifeless.
 
The best part? Finding loot and interesting gear was a non issue. Drops were much easier to come by than the other games in the genre.

I think TL2 shared that aspect of DS2, where a loot-whore like myself would enjoy the shit out of it.
 
Torchlight 2 is pretty cool so far. Got to level 7.

Do you get more skills than just the left and right mouse?

Yes! You get to fill your entire bar if you like. And you can choose any skill in any tier after you have unlocked a tier. Say you spent 5 points into a skill to unlock tier 2 skills. You can choose any tier 2 skill from all trees at that point. So you might grab an electric skill that compliments your frost skill so that when a target is chilled it takes more electric damage.

The builds are only limited by your imagination.
 
Back
Top