• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I always wanted to play dungeon siege but it came out when PS2 was going full beast mode and I couldn't tear myself away from the army of RPG's.....Kind of glad I avoided it now.

I'd say D2, TQ, PoE, TL2

D3 in its own category. To me the 4 games above all feel alike in the mechanics and the way you play them. D3 feels different. It feels more like Magika or Gauntlet legends then it does D2 to me.
 
It feels more like Magika or Gauntlet legends then it does D2 to me.

I'm glad I am not the only one who sees this. It does feel alot like Gauntlet. I played many hours of the arcade version when it came out.
 
Nephalem Trials are indeed still alive in some form, but they will not be added with the launch of Reaper of Souls. We absolutely love the idea behind the Trials (challenge-based systems can be so much fun), but before we implement them we want to make sure they have a strong underlying reward structure and tracking system. That kind of hook is important for a system like this and we didn’t want to add in Nephalem Trials to the game without it...
more...

Lol, and so it begins again:

"Hey guys! Remember that stuff we showed you of the upcoming release? It's not going to be in it, but it will probably be included at a later date when we think it's ready! We'd love to include it but that would take resources and time that we just don't have! Deadlines be deadlines after all! $40 please."

I've liked a lot of what I've seen and heard from Blizz about the RoS expansion...but I also remember that first preview video of D3 that turned out to be wayyy cooler...and nothing like the actual release. Let's see what else falls through the cracks (like PvP did) between now and release time.
 
LOL Dungeon Sleep :rolleyes:

I was a big Diablo 1 + 2 fan, then my brothers and I tried out the Dungeon Sleep series, LOL, what a frigging joke, you could put your character on auto-follow and practically have them level up, while you went out to dinner and a movie.

I know Action RPG's like Dibalo are pretty much brain dead, just click and kill, but dang that Dungeon Sleep series was completely mind numbingly lifeless.

DS and DS2 were quite a bit different. I didn't much care for the first one, 2 was much more fun.
 
LOL Dungeon Sleep :rolleyes:

I was a big Diablo 1 + 2 fan, then my brothers and I tried out the Dungeon Sleep series, LOL, what a frigging joke, you could put your character on auto-follow and practically have them level up, while you went out to dinner and a movie.

I know Action RPG's like Dibalo are pretty much brain dead, just click and kill, but dang that Dungeon Sleep series was completely mind numbingly lifeless.

I loved Dungeon SIege 2, was less excited about the other versions though.


Maybe I'm a bit nostalgic or I played it wrong but I found it not an easy game at all. Keeping track of at least four characters in combat as well as with gearing up each of your characters in the right way took quite some time and planning. Many monster packs were brutal and I remember having difficulty with several bosses. I loved how you could get attached to your pet and that you had to feed it (Dire Wolf pet, good memories) and how resistances were implemented on monsters. It encouraged having multiple characters instead of one.

There was at least one boss which had resistances to all main attacks of the Mage class. (Fire/Lightning/Death)


I thought it had a pretty engaging story with the sword of Zaramoth and Shield of Azunai, the Dark Wizards of Valdis, the Archmage, Valdis himself, the Overmage of the Cinbri and Zaramoth the Unmaker.


... I can't believe I remembered all those names just from the top of my head, haven't played/thought about this game for years. The game had some flaws though, I think that on my second playthrough I used a mod that expanded the skill tree, skill points and added a 4th "high tier" level to all the special abilities of each class. But I really enjoyed playing it with or without a mod.
 
Last edited:
"Hey guys! Remember that stuff we showed you of the upcoming release? It's not going to be in it, but it will probably be included at a later date when we think it's ready! We'd love to include it but that would take resources and time that we just don't have! Deadlines be deadlines after all! $40 please."

I've liked a lot of what I've seen and heard from Blizz about the RoS expansion...but I also remember that first preview video of D3 that turned out to be wayyy cooler...and nothing like the actual release. Let's see what else falls through the cracks (like PvP did) between now and release time.

No no, Aix, you're a troll for saying stuff like that! Get that truth out of here!
 
Barbs look really fun, just hammer spam...yeah...easy way to make crusader look better I guess

Edit.....
I almost can't wait to see what the stats on near fully legendary geared players will be, I'm watching a barb stream, the guy has about 945K DPS (over 1 million DPS with the new passive) 5.5 million toughness, ~430K HP and he gets insta-gibbed when testing out the highest Torment difficulty...some normal white mobs have 1.2 billion HP
 
Last edited:
Was watching some streams... RoS looks.... AWESOME!

dat mystic

and lol @ kripp for not getting invited
 
that is pretty cool that its already in beta....If they push the release for this Christmas it will avoid conflicts with Dark Souls 2 and I can play this for 3 months till DS2 comes out.
 
that is pretty cool that its already in beta....If they push the release for this Christmas it will avoid conflicts with Dark Souls 2 and I can play this for 3 months till DS2 comes out.

Loot 2.0 isn't until after the AH shutdown, which will be March 18th. RoS won't release before Loot 2.0.
 
Also, I didn't realize what they were doing with Bind on Account until earlier today. Legendaries and set items are only tradeable with the other players in the game where it was found, and otherwise bind on account? They've essentially gone from being RMT enablers to wanting trading completely out of the game...why is there never any middle ground when they guys balance something?

Their approach to balance reminds me of this: http://youtu.be/JCcV5sVi5NM
 
Also, I didn't realize what they were doing with Bind on Account until earlier today. Legendaries and set items are only tradeable with the other players in the game where it was found, and otherwise bind on account? They've essentially gone from being RMT enablers to wanting trading completely out of the game...why is there never any middle ground when they guys balance something?

Their approach to balance reminds me of this: http://youtu.be/JCcV5sVi5NM

Trading doesn't belong in these games. Good for them for figuring that out.
 
I guess that's why they're redoing the entire way loot and drops work, huh?

Which means...what? The insane drop rates of the console version? They described how legendaries are going to be build changers/enablers...yet the only way to get them is to find them through RNG?

Why not let me trade the Windforce I found and don't plan to use for the Schaefer's Hammer I don't have but want? I could have sworn that I just heard a Blizz employee say that they didn't make a single player game...
 
There are some pretty amazing legendary effects. Maximus summons a demon, and puts a very nice fire chain between you and it. Great for TR monk. It feels really rewarding throwing back those affixes that gave you nightmares from pre nerf infero.

There's also a ring for each element, instead of taking damage by that element, it heals you instead.

The new inna's set 4pc bonus gives you all base mantras active........always.

There's a ring that reduces all set bonus requirement count by 1.

I'm sure a lot will change, but single legendaries can change what you were going for in a build. I dont expect to get every legendary and set item, but i dont build around what I hope to acquire (through AH, Trade, or RNG drops). I like that the wide selection now allows me to change up how I play, keeping it more refreshing even for a single class. I dont even know what all is out there since the legendary list is too long, so each legendary drop is a fun surprise.
 
I don't like bind on pickup or account bound items in an aRPG. Not for crafted items and not for drops. For quested items, like "epics", maybe. Otherwise, I think not being able to trade items is fucking stupid.
 
Also, I didn't realize what they were doing with Bind on Account until earlier today. Legendaries and set items are only tradeable with the other players in the game where it was found, and otherwise bind on account? They've essentially gone from being RMT enablers to wanting trading completely out of the game...why is there never any middle ground when they guys balance something?

Their approach to balance reminds me of this: http://youtu.be/JCcV5sVi5NM

Lol yep. Blizzard knee jerk reactions.
 
I don't like bind on pickup or account bound items in an aRPG. Not for crafted items and not for drops. For quested items, like "epics", maybe. Otherwise, I think not being able to trade items is fucking stupid.

Try Ameritrade or eTrade. I believe they have stock software you can use to buy/sell "fake" stocks. That sounds more like what you're looking for.
 
But really, I do like the trading aspect of these games. It can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but improved drop rates should reduce the need to trade. Making a few trades every week or so isn't much of a hassle. I like the economics aspect of it. :)
 
Which means...what? The insane drop rates of the console version? They described how legendaries are going to be build changers/enablers...yet the only way to get them is to find them through RNG?

Why not let me trade the Windforce I found and don't plan to use for the Schaefer's Hammer I don't have but want? I could have sworn that I just heard a Blizz employee say that they didn't make a single player game...

Don't quote me on this but I heard that loot tables may be implemented. This may have come from the latest wyatt cheng interview.
 
Don't quote me on this but I heard that loot tables may be implemented. This may have come from the latest wyatt cheng interview.

Quoted--Haha!

But really, that would just be awesome. It's been missing since launch. If I want X item, i should be able to farm the bosses or areas that drop it.
 
Quoted--Haha!

But really, that would just be awesome. It's been missing since launch. If I want X item, i should be able to farm the bosses or areas that drop it.

Yup. The way they completely de-emphasized boss runs early on was a bummer. On one hand, none of the boss encounters are very interesting (some are downright terrible), but I much prefer loot tables on bosses to completely random RNG. Now, obviously certain items should be much more rare, but having at least some idea of an end goal is nice.
 
Yup. The way they completely de-emphasized boss runs early on was a bummer. On one hand, none of the boss encounters are very interesting (some are downright terrible), but I much prefer loot tables on bosses to completely random RNG. Now, obviously certain items should be much more rare, but having at least some idea of an end goal is nice.

Yep. Those rare items are world drops like in WoW :)

They already had a good loot formula, they just went full retard at launch.
 
Quoted--Haha!

But really, that would just be awesome. It's been missing since launch. If I want X item, i should be able to farm the bosses or areas that drop it.

Well I tried to go back and find the thread on Reddit where I remember reading it but no luck. So much info has been released recently and with the beta launching its just to much to comb through. Who knows what will make it out of the beta though, anything could change really.
 
Back
Top