• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

My Hand of Ytar Monk kinda fizzled out when I found a lack of -LTK gear on the HC AH, so I decided to try a thorns Monk using Mantra of Retribution and thorns gear with high regen/mitigation/LPSS...horrible. Mantra of Retribution has got to be the worst skill in the game.

Then I found a 813 DPS Won Khim Lau on the AH with 32 LPSS, 24% lightning damage, and an open socket for only 3M and now I'm running the "Speedpalm" build with an emphasis on LPSS. Not terribly original but it's cool having an elite blow up and take the rest of the pack with it.

In other news, it's console release day and Josh Mosqueira has finally nailed down the loot 2.0 time frame for us:



I don't think anyone really expects it to drop before December at the earliest, but man it would be awesome if they released it alongside (or close to) the console version.

Thorns builds are that bad huh? They should really buff the damage it does or make more synergies within moves to utilize the thorn mod.

I finally broke down and started a HC monk. Compared to every other class this shit is easy mode. The damage multipliers alone are enough to kick everything's ass on MP10. Also their defensive moves seem way better than other classes too.

I'm having fun--but i really wish loot 2.0 was here. Here's hopin' they don't make us wait forever.
 
Thorns builds are that bad huh? They should really buff the damage it does or make more synergies within moves to utilize the thorn mod.

I finally broke down and started a HC monk. Compared to every other class this shit is easy mode. The damage multipliers alone are enough to kick everything's ass on MP10. Also their defensive moves seem way better than other classes too.

I'm having fun--but i really wish loot 2.0 was here. Here's hopin' they don't make us wait forever.

Yeah I'd heard that thorns was underpowered in general, but Mantra of Retribution doesn't even provide any mitigation - it just reflects *some* damage back at the enemies. Even worse, the better your overall mitigation, the less damage gets reflected back at the enemies, and since you sacrifice mitigation by using MoR in the first place you need to stack as much as possible elsewhere...making it do less damage. Even more worse (it's a thing), monster HP scales way higher than monster damage while your % is static, so your reflected damage becomes even less effective.

Even without MoR I managed to stack about 20K thorns damage on my gear, but at that point it's basically just any other build +some thorns damage. I agree though, the Monk and Barb are really just on another level as far as durability and damage go, and for a minimal investment.


Here's an album someone posted over on the official forums with loot from the console version: http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/roomail9/slideshow/. I noticed that all res now exceeds 80 and single res seems to go at least to 75. Here's a look at some up'd Boj Anglers:

DSC_0590_zpsa39d378c.jpg
 
I noticed that all res now exceeds 80 and single res seems to go at least to 75.

Still back asswards.

So, do they still have monster power on consoles?

As I'm playing, I realize I'd like the AH so much more if it were available from an NPC in the towns.
 
Last edited:
Still back asswards.

So, do they still have monster power on consoles?

As I'm playing, I realize I'd like the AH so much more if it were available from an NPC in the towns.

Yeah, there are monster powers, but you're unable to unlock them until level 10 on a character. Honestly, due to the significantly fewer drops, it makes higher MP levels harder to play, particularly at the beginning of the game.

Right now, an AH (even just a gold AH) just wouldn't work on the console, as there are too many cheaters due to local save game editing. We can thank MS and Sony for not allowing Battle.Net on consoles. Seeing people with 100k in every stat makes everything, even on the highest difficulty level, one shotable. And if it's like any other loot game I've played on the Xbox (the version I got), this game will be full of cheaters and make multiplayer near unplayable in a couple months without finding honest players.
 
Yeah, there are monster powers, but you're unable to unlock them until level 10 on a character. Honestly, due to the significantly fewer drops, it makes higher MP levels harder to play, particularly at the beginning of the game.

Right now, an AH (even just a gold AH) just wouldn't work on the console, as there are too many cheaters due to local save game editing. We can thank MS and Sony for not allowing Battle.Net on consoles. Seeing people with 100k in every stat makes everything, even on the highest difficulty level, one shotable. And if it's like any other loot game I've played on the Xbox (the version I got), this game will be full of cheaters and make multiplayer near unplayable in a couple months without finding honest players.

Yeah but those cheaters are only going to be playing the game for a couple of weeks until they get bored and move back to FPS.

What is the point if you can cheat to get the best gear and cheat to max out your stats. I can imagine this being fun for 2 hours max. They just ruined the game for themselves.
 
Well, you'll have less to complain about in here then. It's hard to be a critique of something you don't have/don't own, etc.

Seeing as how the entire depth of the game can be summarized in the last few screenshots (that is, the exact same game + stat inflation), I'll run out of things to complain about other than the fanboys that still think this is the pinnacle of their supposedly valuable gaming time. Is a game really "good" if you find yourself needing to put on a movie/tv show on another screen while playing just to keep your interest?

As far as console version goes, I wonder if any work will be done on Act4 to flesh it out.
 
Seeing as how the entire depth of the game can be summarized in the last few screenshots (that is, the exact same game + stat inflation), I'll run out of things to complain about other than the fanboys that still think this is the pinnacle of their supposedly valuable gaming time. Is a game really "good" if you find yourself needing to put on a movie/tv show on another screen while playing just to keep your interest?

As far as console version goes, I wonder if any work will be done on Act4 to flesh it out.

550881_305254992894910_1981085569_n-670x335.jpg
 
Yeah but those cheaters are only going to be playing the game for a couple of weeks until they get bored and move back to FPS.

What is the point if you can cheat to get the best gear and cheat to max out your stats. I can imagine this being fun for 2 hours max. They just ruined the game for themselves.

Here's why I disagree. Another game I played, Dungeon Defenders, was a loot based Tower Defense game. Yet on the Xbox, literally one out of every 3 people used modified gear. It was so bad people thought that modified gear was normal. Sure, they ruined the game for themselves, but at the same time, it sent a message to people who've never played the game before.

Do you think that people who have never played Diablo up until now will complain that someone is dropping 10 million gold in their game when they're struggling to kill the Skeleton King and barely have 100 gold to their name? They don't know any better. You can report them all you want, but they'll still be there, and the game is going to be dying a lot sooner than it deserves.
 
Yeah but those cheaters are only going to be playing the game for a couple of weeks until they get bored and move back to FPS.

What is the point if you can cheat to get the best gear and cheat to max out your stats. I can imagine this being fun for 2 hours max. They just ruined the game for themselves.

People ran dupes on D2 for years. Cheaters like cheating.
 
Here's why I disagree. Another game I played, Dungeon Defenders, was a loot based Tower Defense game. Yet on the Xbox, literally one out of every 3 people used modified gear. It was so bad people thought that modified gear was normal. Sure, they ruined the game for themselves, but at the same time, it sent a message to people who've never played the game before.

Do you think that people who have never played Diablo up until now will complain that someone is dropping 10 million gold in their game when they're struggling to kill the Skeleton King and barely have 100 gold to their name? They don't know any better. You can report them all you want, but they'll still be there, and the game is going to be dying a lot sooner than it deserves.

It is weird that Blizz only cares about cheating on the PC. Why do consoles get a pass? (offline play)
 
It is weird that Blizz only cares about cheating on the PC. Why do consoles get a pass? (offline play)

Haven't you figured out by now that many PC publishers treat PC gamers as secondhand citizens. Like we are crippled, disease stricken beggars pleading for a secondhand port? Everything that the PC beta testing focus group suggests, these publishers add to the console version to make it better, and we still get the crippled DRM'd to hell version.

Until people start voting with their wallets it's always going to be this way. Change requires short term sacrifice that most "Me now! Me too!" gamers aren't willing to stand up for. Just the way it is.
 
More about the restrictions Sony and Microsoft set on the connectivity. I don't think they can connect to battle net

Don't know about this. The PS3 FFXIV players are connecting just fine to Square's services. Seems contradictory for Activision Blizzard to make a network for gaming, have the biggest selling property on consoles in CoD, and get shot down on connecting to Battle.net.
 
Haven't you figured out by now that many PC publishers treat PC gamers as secondhand citizens. Like we are crippled, disease stricken beggars pleading for a secondhand port? Everything that the PC beta testing focus group suggests, these publishers add to the console version to make it better, and we still get the crippled DRM'd to hell version.

Until people start voting with their wallets it's always going to be this way. Change requires short term sacrifice that most "Me now! Me too!" gamers aren't willing to stand up for. Just the way it is.

yea...

yea. :(
 
Don't know about this. The PS3 FFXIV players are connecting just fine to Square's services. Seems contradictory for Activision Blizzard to make a network for gaming, have the biggest selling property on consoles in CoD, and get shot down on connecting to Battle.net.

Blizzard wants full control of the network traffic for their games. Subsidizing MS and Sony online services isn't on their agenda.
 
Haven't you figured out by now that many PC publishers treat PC gamers as secondhand citizens. Like we are crippled, disease stricken beggars pleading for a secondhand port? Everything that the PC beta testing focus group suggests, these publishers add to the console version to make it better, and we still get the crippled DRM'd to hell version.

Until people start voting with their wallets it's always going to be this way. Change requires short term sacrifice that most "Me now! Me too!" gamers aren't willing to stand up for. Just the way it is.

While I understand the sentiment, Blizzard did tell everyone up front that there would be no offline play on the PC version. We all had the chance to vote with our wallets on that particular issue if we had wanted to.

Personally, single player offline never appealed to me during my D2 days and it doesn't appeal to me now. For multi it's closed servers or bust due to integrity. Even if duping is/was an issue, there's a huge difference between dupes and blatantly hacked items/characters.
 
Yeah tey dropped like crazy on normal mobs even. There are 2 magic affixes +MF and +MF/level. I made small charms and filled up my inventory mostly with those. I also did run speed, and stam, just for shits and giggles.
 
After initially getting over the "Gawd this looks terrible" thoughts on the PS3 version of D3, then dealing with the fact that the console roll/dodge is TERRIBLE, I am having a lot of fun with the console version. I am catching up to Act II where I was on the PC. I had stopped playing the PC version because I dislike clicking a mouse to move (unless its DOTA 2) and I didn't feel like my character was terribly effective. I just couldn't get into the PC version, I was playing it while watching Hulu on another monitor.

Now on the PS3, I am getting decent loot, the control is great (after 30 minutes to adjust), and the game plays out just like normal PC Diablo 3. I played for 5 hours straight, almost never had a problem targeting mobs, and I think the inventory system is pretty slick. I am not sure why people bitch about the inventory system so much when it only takes a few seconds every 15 minutes to mark new stuff as Junk and move on. I spent more time managing loot on the PC because there was so much more of it and no way to flag everything as junk for easy sale or smithing.
 
I liked both. D2 hero editor was always fun making a 40,000 MF character and then playing "self-found"

I'm I the only one who now wants to bust out some Diablo 2 with 40,000 Magic find right now? Since Phantasy Star Online 2 got postponed till god knows when I have some free time Till PoE and BF4 get released I just might do it.
 
I can't bring myself to "reward" Blizzard for fucking me on the PC version. Spending over a week and half not connecting and then being fucked in the end game by the RMAH just sealed it for me and I don't care what "great things" are coming in the next few patches. Jay really botched the PC version and from what I've seen of the console version , that's the real version effort went into during development. They obviously had been developing them side by side with the PC version. So many advantages over the PC version (minus graphics which are only slightly crisper on the PC version but the PC version still has a major stuttering issue that has yet to be solved) and that's a joke coming from systems that are almost 8-9 years old now.

I use to just buy Blizzard games and expect great results but thanks to D3 I'll be much more wary of any in the future. If Blizzard wants to make console games I'm fine with that but don't fucking beta test your console releases on my fucking PC.
 
everyone I know who experienced stuttering issues (myself included) said they went away after upgrading to an SSD.
 
As I see it the biggest negative of D3 being on both PC and Console is they are going to (or did) dumb down everything....Like making it 4 players instead of 8 players.

But as long as no other companies are in the market I refrain from casting a stone. With the limited success of TL2 and PoE beta I'd hope that before D4 something profound and comparable will have been released. Something to Replace Diablo and Blizzard. Not something that is good for a 20 dollar game or good for being an indie developer.

We need Japan to make an Arpg....Atlus or From Software (dark souls people). They'd make the shit out of an Arpg.
 
But as long as no other companies are in the market I refrain from casting a stone. With the limited success of TL2 and PoE beta I'd hope that before D4 something profound and comparable will have been released. Something to Replace Diablo and Blizzard. Not something that is good for a 20 dollar game or good for being an indie developer.

With that attitude (which many people here share) means that the direction of ARPG's will either be indie titles (that many people in this thread will refuse to give a chance because it's not from Blizz) or casualized trash (that many people in this thread will buy because it IS from Blizz). So in short, thanks for guaranteeing the genre stays niche and propping up the cash cow that is D3.
 
With that attitude (which many people here share) means that the direction of ARPG's will either be indie titles (that many people in this thread will refuse to give a chance because it's not from Blizz) or casualized trash (that many people in this thread will buy because it IS from Blizz). So in short, thanks for guaranteeing the genre stays niche and propping up the cash cow that is D3.

550881_305254992894910_1981085569_n-670x335.jpg
 
Well, let's be honest - no matter how good competing aRPGs are, they will not sell anywhere near the amounf of copies that any game with a Blizzard label and/or a Diablo label will. Brand loyalty is a big thing.
 
Well, let's be honest - no matter how good competing aRPGs are, they will not sell anywhere near the amounf of copies that any game with a Blizzard label and/or a Diablo label will. Brand loyalty is a big thing.

So is having enough cash for marketing... which is about the only thing the masses seem to listen to.

Lilbabycat has good points, but we've all read them before. Fact is, there aint shit we can do about it. The masses will do what they do. Even if the entire [H] played D3 or boycotted D3, it wouldn't make any difference.

IIWII
 
Yea, and I still mantain D3 wasn't a waste of my money. I much prefer PoE, but D3 gave me enough hours of fun that I wasn't terribly bitter. They just need to learn from their mistakes and their games could be decent.
 
Back
Top