Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I do wish Diablo 3 had some kind of end-game random map system, but that'll probably be for another day. (If ever)

Maps would be nice and also if they come out with a endless dungeon similiar to what Torchlight did. I gave Torchlight 2 the "old college try" but it just didn't compare to Torchlight 1 imo. It's too bad Runic didn't come out with co-op for Torchlight.

:mad: I played that POS for 200+ hours and never found 1 set piece.

Fuck D3 and the people who made it.

lol, I play with AMD T-Type all the time and for the amount of hours he puts into the game he's the luckiest SOB playing Diablo 3

Just found another set piece

I'm just waiting to die, for how much shit I'm finding tonight it only seems appropriate....

you make me want to rage quit

lest you forget, I still have problems finding DE's for some reason, I swear they are rarer that legendaries for me.

I played with steve today for like an hour, and found 3.
I think that's the best run of DE's I've found in months
I played all last night and only found like 2.

so yeah, i found more legendaries last night than I did DE's

2 runs through Act 1 MP3 (Cathedral 3 > Leorics > Festering > 3 Cemetery zones > Weaping > Fields) netted me 3 Legendaries for a change, of course not a single one worth anything (2 shields, 1 burning axe of sankis) and 9 DE.

All I want is one good set piece to sell :(

2 runs through Act 1 MP3 (Cathedral 3 > Leorics > Festering > 3 Cemetery zones > Weaping > Fields) netted me 3 Legendaries for a change, of course not a single one worth anything (2 shields, 1 burning axe of sankis) and 9 DE.

All I want is one good set piece to sell :(

I've cut out some of those places with act 1 runs and have found it to be faster exp/hr for me.

Leorics w checkpoint to port there faster
Festering
Weeping
Fields (with caves if they exist)

I found cemetery to be too spread out in terms of monster density because of porting to the next cemetery. It cathedral worth running? I don't think I've tried it since they've buffed monster density

lest you forget, I still have problems finding DE's for some reason, I swear they are rarer that legendaries for me.

I played with steve today for like an hour, and found 3.
I think that's the best run of DE's I've found in months
I played all last night and only found like 2.

so yeah, i found more legendaries last night than I did DE's

If I could pif you DE's I would, I have about 80. I'm still in shock from last night that I found a set of rare pants that was an actual upgrade (EHP wise) I could use. First time that's ever happened to me in Inferno, softcore or hardcore. (Not counting crafting)

I've cut out some of those places with act 1 runs and have found it to be faster exp/hr for me.

Festering
Weeping

I found cemetery to be too spread out in terms of monster density because of porting to the next cemetery. It cathedral worth running? I don't think I've tried it since they've buffed monster density

I like Cemetery simply because I think they a relatively high density, especially when y ou get the ones that spawn other ones.

Cathedral 3 isn't really worth it, I just do it because there's one stack there and it's a decent start. /shrug

Sometimes I port to northern highlands and check the left wall for the tower place that usually has like 6 packs, but not always. It's almost never there anyways

Festering
Weeping

This is usually the route which I run, yields really good exp for me.
I don't usually run cathedral unless I really want to, but Halls of Agony is really good IMO.

Why do I always get hard to price shit =/. No idea what to sell this for on HC

hcbelt.png

Just got it and for some reason had to redo the first few quests that were in the starter edition that I had already done.

I also have some stuttering problems in game that I think is uncalled for. I don't think the game is that demanding.

Well, after hundreds of hours - both on my home connection and my cell phone connection - I finally experienced a lag/disconnection/error 3007 death. Luckily (I guess?) I was only playing a lvl 39 WD. Unluckily, the character had a ton of my leveling gear on it. Still, it's better than losing a lvl 60. Weird since I was able to immediately open a web browser and access the net.

The only other WD I've played was a HC WD that died at 55, so I still haven't played one to 60 yet! Think I'm going to work on a Sever DH for a bit and put the WD on the back burner.

Just got it and for some reason had to redo the first few quests that were in the starter edition that I had already done.

I also have some stuttering problems in game that I think is uncalled for. I don't think the game is that demanding.

Never had that issue. On my desktop I run it off of a secondary 300gb Raptor (SSD primary) and on my laptop I run it from an SSD.

Well, after hundreds of hours - both on my home connection and my cell phone connection - I finally experienced a lag/disconnection/error 3007 death. Luckily (I guess?) I was only playing a lvl 39 WD. Unluckily, the character had a ton of my leveling gear on it. Still, it's better than losing a lvl 60. Weird since I was able to immediately open a web browser and access the net.

The only other WD I've played was a HC WD that died at 55, so I still haven't played one to 60 yet! Think I'm going to work on a Sever DH for a bit and put the WD on the back burner.

That sucks, but yet still lucky.

I wish I knew there was going to be maintenance today, I was going to bid on some items this morning that were ending in the late morning, but when I got up I couldn't log in :/

I wish I knew there was going to be maintenance today, I was going to bid on some items this morning that were ending in the late morning, but when I got up I couldn't log in :/

Well they do have maintenance every Tuesday, but the length is anyone's guess week to week. Last week it was over 12 hours long, which is utterly inexcusable from a customer standpoint (and any other business I've ever heard of). Today's started at 6 a.m. EST and is still not up now at 3 p.m.

I was playing when the server messages popped up this morning and considered trying to bid on some items with only a few hours left...but I just didn't find anything in the few mins I had to look.

I've lost 2 HC characters both level 60 and 1 of them being highly geared. 1 due to Internets crash another due to game crashing to desktop......Both someone my fault I multitask like crazy while playing. 1 crash happened while torrenting and Netflixing the other was from watching a 1080p movie.

....Play D3 without alternative entertainment is doesn't cut it anymore.

The downtime is pretty crazy considering how long the game has been out.

Well they do have maintenance every Tuesday, but the length is anyone's guess week to week. Last week it was over 12 hours long, which is utterly inexcusable from a customer standpoint (and any other business I've ever heard of). Today's started at 6 a.m. EST and is still not up now at 3 p.m.

I was playing when the server messages popped up this morning and considered trying to bid on some items with only a few hours left...but I just didn't find anything in the few mins I had to look.

Heh, normally I only log in and play after work, not usually before work, so I never noticed the maintenance schedule being every Tuesday.

Just found a leg killing Azmodan - dead man's quiver upgrade for my self found DH after the maintenance today...gig gitty

Just found a leg killing Azmodan - dead man's quiver upgrade for my self found DH after the maintenance today...gig gitty

Nice! I actually found a DML the other day as well while actually playing my DH! It was a D3 miracle! Ended up being a 222 dex, 237 vit roll, but a lousy 5% Entangling Shot. Still nice though.

I'm having some strange "luck" with my amulet rolls right now: I swear I've rolled over 15 in a row with no crit chance, which is like the one thing I want for my Frost Hunter DH.

Finally, here's an interesting site that looks at your profile and suggests MP levels: http://www.diabro3.com/

Finally, here's an interesting site that looks at your profile and suggests MP levels: http://www.diabro3.com/

Pretty cool.

They put my spirit taco at MP3 but I runs MP4 cus I hard like that.

Gives me a 9390 on gear score and 86k DPS and 474K EHP.

My other 2 dead HC monks get 10055 and 8832 so My current one is right in the middle...not bad.

I haven't played SC in so long I don't even know what I had....All my characters except 1 have empty spaces in their gear so I can't get a good SC score at the moment on anyone except my WD....which is pretty much my weakest dude next to DH. He is at MP6 with

140K DPS, 449K EHP, and 11346 gear score....gives my weapon a lower score then I was expecting at 742 and my Thing of the deep a 1667 which is WAY higher then I was expecting.

140K DPS, 449K EHP, and 11346 gear score....gives my weapon a lower score then I was expecting at 742 and my Thing of the deep a 1667 which is WAY higher then I was expecting.

Yeah, apparently some items are given a score in relation to how good it could be, so something like The Witching Hour could get a lower score if it's a ho-hum roll even if it's still better than a lot of other belts.

I've got a pretty nice Echoing Fury on my monk (1068 DPS, 213 dex, 94 vit, socket w/ 90% CD, 0.23 APS)...and it has a score of 669 (yellow). So far my DH is highest with a gear score of 10888 and MP3 recommendation.

Nice find!
They put my CM Wiz at MP8 when I could do MP10 just fine.
Score 11k even with 242k DPS and 263k EHP.

Think I'll get a better score if I have my Tri-Pox and my other Tri-Rare ring with main stat.
Highest score goes to my source at 1438 (higher than I thought) and lowest score goes to my crafted INT shoulders at 635, which is quite surprising (353 armor, 240str, 293int, 81vit, 33 Fire Res, 80 AR)

Nice find!
They put my CM Wiz at MP8 when I could do MP10 just fine.
Score 11k even with 242k DPS and 263k EHP.

Think I'll get a better score if I have my Tri-Pox and my other Tri-Rare ring with main stat.
Highest score goes to my source at 1438 (higher than I thought) and lowest score goes to my crafted INT shoulders at 635, which is quite surprising (353 armor, 240str, 293int, 81vit, 33 Fire Res, 80 AR)

Yeah I am not too sure at how they rate the character but it gives my WD an optimal of "MP9", yet I can melt elites in MP10 easypeasy. It probably is a formula based off eHP/eDPS -- I would imagine.

Yeah I am not too sure at how they rate the character but it gives my WD an optimal of "MP9", yet I can melt elites in MP10 easypeasy. It probably is a formula based off eHP/eDPS -- I would imagine.

I'm guessing it has something to do with EHP/DPS/Gear rating. You probably have 1 piece of gear that is light green which is keeping you from the MP10 recommendation.....I'm going to put some pants on my monk when I get home see what they rate him at. Considering he has no pants and is at MP6 is pretty cool.

I'm guessing the MP10 rating is saved for the crazy geared peeps.

pretty damn cool site none the less.

I'm guessing it has something to do with EHP/DPS/Gear rating. You probably have 1 piece of gear that is light green which is keeping you from the MP10 recommendation.....I'm going to put some pants on my monk when I get home see what they rate him at. Considering he has no pants and is at MP6 is pretty cool.

I'm guessing the MP10 rating is saved for the crazy geared peeps.

pretty damn cool site none the less.

Yeah, don't think I can ever be "crazy geared" it's already hard enough trying to find an upgrade without spending a fortune or the RMAH.
And agree with you guys about the EHP/DPS thing and most likely the gear rating has a factor in it as well.

Yeah, they even say on the site:

Our system is built around informing you of which item has rolled well for your class, please do not use the ratings as a be-all and end-all to your choice of gear, but use it as a guideline to find out what item could use an upgrade.

My DH was using Frostburns both for fun and for a 30% boost to the main skill I was using: Frost Arrow. For that particular skill Frostburns were a huge boost, but the website rated them as light blue, since there was really no way for it to tell why I was using them (it was part of an attempt to find a decent use for Frostburns, lol). So you might have a specific piece of gear for your own reasons, but the site will not rate the item well and thus give you a lower score.

Also this:

DiaBro3, why is my optimal MP level so low?

DiaBro3 is determined to make the game fun for you. The optimal monster power level is derived from multiple aspects, taking into account your gear, effective health, and damage. We arrived at the suggested MP by aiming to lower the amount of deaths per run as well as how efficiently you can kill mobs. We know that someone optimized for MP5 could do MP10, however, taking too long on an elite pack is just not optimal.

We do not want to send you to an monster power level you can get by on, we want to send you somewhere you can optimally crush the content.

I put my pants on. I'm still at MP6. Goes to show just how bad ass wave of light is. I pound MP10 mobs like something that gets pounded a lot....I'm so out of touch I don't know who gets pounded a lot anymore. I was going to go with Britney Spears but the imagery isn't the same in my mind.

Just reached Paragon Level 100 (softcore) as a Monk a few minutes ago. Originally I wanted to stop somewhere around 90, but it just wouldn't let me go anymore.

I'm probably going to take a short break, and after that I want to go "hunting" for certain items and legendaries. I've been trying to upgrade my amulet, gloves and ring for months now, but so far with no success.

That site for MP's is pretty cool. It gave MP8 as a result for me.

I think the site is nice for softcore just to check but awesome for hardcore if you're unsure what MP to play at and don't want to push yourself too far. My SC Monk was MP6, only SC character I had full gear on. I probably could do higher but I had been just doing MP5 where I never died before moving to HC. My HC Barb rated MP3 which is what I had mostly been playing at, but I know I can do MP5 solo.

Back