Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Oh man, I think I just stole 2 pairs of Inna's pants with Int. Both auctions with like 4-5 left (I think/hope!) and they just took down the AH + servers coming down in 2 hours for 2 hours. Score. Wish I had bid on more shit :(
 
Just out of curiosity, what do you run now that you're level 100? I know you've been 100 for a bit, how do you keep interest with your monk?

I'm about to hit 100 myself, and I am considering just playing one of my other chars, even though I'll "lose" the massive MF of being maxed out on my Wizard. Not to say I love the level grind, I don't, but if I play another character at least I'll be doing "more than one thing," if you know what I'm saying.

Easy. I play a lot less and log in for short bursts. Real life you know. :p

I don't have the time these days to log on a lot. Maybe once every few days or weeks depending on my schedule.

If I log on, I grind a few essences and craft a few things hoping for an upgrade.
 
Oh man, I think I just stole 2 pairs of Inna's pants with Int. Both auctions with like 4-5 left (I think/hope!) and they just took down the AH + servers coming down in 2 hours for 2 hours. Score. Wish I had bid on more shit :(

I logged in at 7:30am EST and the AH was back up. I was trying to steal some boots with the maintenance window but alas, I was outbid.
 
Man I really need to start a fire sale to get rid of all my low level items. All around 12-17, lots of main stat + vit, and some sockets. My inv fills up faster than I can sell them on the ah, so I'll have to cut it down.

If anyone wants some free low level shiz lemme know and I can hook you up tonight as I clean up my inv.
 
This game was good when it was released and its better now. But it still has some major fundamentals flaws (auction house isn't one of them) that if you had issue with are still there and likely always will be.

I still have hope that they'll go through every move and its runes, buff the weak ones, re-work the stupid ones, etc. It'd be a real shame if they don't, because there are soooo many retarded runes.
 
poe is a pretty poorly made game. it is a decent game, but good software engineering is not part of it. I wouldn't even cite them as a source, because when I play, it feels like they've set net code back 15 years

d3 net code is an origin 300i in comparison

I call shenanigans. I remember rubberbanding being a motherfucker in D3. (i hated it just as much as i hate desync from PoE)

Not to mention dodging ranged attacks and still getting hit from across the screen because they don't want you to dodge shit.

Has it really improved?
 
poe is a pretty poorly made game. it is a decent game, but good software engineering is not part of it. I wouldn't even cite them as a source, because when I play, it feels like they've set net code back 15 years

d3 net code is an origin 300i in comparison

I think you're ignoring a huge amount of differences in the underlying mechanics that make the netcode of PoE more demanding than D3; namely hit/collision detection.
 
I think you're ignoring a huge amount of differences in the underlying mechanics that make the netcode of PoE more demanding than D3; namely hit/collision detection.

In PoE, my freezing pulse seems to hit everything but monsters. It seems to be worse indoors. I've gone dry unleashing FP on zombies inside to see them take no damage, I had to run back to a safe area to switch to artic breath. FP totally sucks when a tiny bump stops it dead in its track. It's great out doors though.

Edit: and no the zombie had no special immunity, all of his friends were dead besides him.
 
In PoE, my freezing pulse seems to hit everything but monsters. It seems to be worse indoors. I've gone dry unleashing FP on zombies inside to see them take no damage, I had to run back to a safe area to switch to artic breath. FP totally sucks when a tiny bump stops it dead in its track. It's great out doors though.

Edit: and no the zombie had no special immunity, all of his friends were dead besides him.

Most likely that one guy was out of sync. Fuckin' annoying. At least PoE has a command that queries the server to fix it on demand. Still would prefer code which doesn't have errors.
 
Any word on the next patch release? I'm holding off on leveling my level 28 HC monk because I want a chance at the new shinies! :)
 
Honestly I'm hoping not soon. I've been farming normal for a leorics signet, with the proposed upcoming changes, that signet will be worth crap.
 
You'll have a much better chance to make a lot more money post change, for the first two weeks while the economy settles. ^.~
 
did they announce the 'proposed' changes?

Last time I check they were just discussing possible changes and hadn't had any picked out.

I doubt they are going to make any real changes. Likely just make better gear to compel the people addicted to DPS advancement to buy/farm more gear.

I'd be shocked to see any additional content or true fixes to the broken features of the game.
 
So when/where can the legendaries like Windforce, Homunculus, Schaeffer's Hammer, etc start dropping? Is it dependent on your character's level or does it only drop in certain acts or difficulty levels?
 
So when/where can the legendaries like Windforce, Homunculus, Schaeffer's Hammer, etc start dropping? Is it dependent on your character's level or does it only drop in certain acts or difficulty levels?

Its all dependent on the monster level. You can look up the game guide for any legendary item you want to find what the ilevel of the item is. Too low or too high level difference, and the item will never drop.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/helm/

Approximate monster levels
Normal levels ~1-30
Nightmare ~30-50
Hell ~50-60

Inferno changes a bit. Even though 63 items can start dropping in Hell, I believe legendaries are still limited to monster level, so you'll never see ilvl 63 legendaries in Act 1 MP0..

Inferno Act 1 MP 0 is monster level 61
Inferno Act 2 MP 0 is monster level 62
Inferno Act 3 and 4 or any inferno MP1 and greater is monster level 63.
 
So when/where can the legendaries like Windforce, Homunculus, Schaeffer's Hammer, etc start dropping? Is it dependent on your character's level or does it only drop in certain acts or difficulty levels?

Edit~ someone beat me too it.
 
did they announce the 'proposed' changes?

Last time I check they were just discussing possible changes and hadn't had any picked out.

I doubt they are going to make any real changes. Likely just make better gear to compel the people addicted to DPS advancement to buy/farm more gear.

I'd be shocked to see any additional content or true fixes to the broken features of the game.

This is the closest I found regards to itemization changes, nothing new since E3

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1846...-differences-on-console-and-itemization-info/

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8953696
 
Wow, that says after Blizzcon, which is in November. That's fucking forever

a Treasure Goblin that follows the character, picking up grey and white items and sometimes throwing the player magical items

sounds cool though
 
I'm not too concerned, there are a many good games in my backlog and coming out this year. I'll probably be done with D3 again well before then, then maybe pick it back up again way way later.
 
Its all dependent on the monster level. You can look up the game guide for any legendary item you want to find what the ilevel of the item is. Too low or too high level difference, and the item will never drop.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/helm/

Approximate monster levels
Normal levels ~1-30
Nightmare ~30-50
Hell ~50-60

Inferno changes a bit. Even though 63 items can start dropping in Hell, I believe legendaries are still limited to monster level, so you'll never see ilvl 63 legendaries in Act 1 MP0..

Inferno Act 1 MP 0 is monster level 61
Inferno Act 2 MP 0 is monster level 62
Inferno Act 3 and 4 or any inferno MP1 and greater is monster level 63.

Sweet, thanks for that. So is the earliest you can get ilvl 63 legendaries on Inferno Act1 MP1? Is there any way to get it on Hell MP(?)
 

Talk is cheap, but at least they're saying the right things. Lets hope they implement this shit.

I actually patched up D3 last night and created a new HC character.

WD on MP10. Got to i think level 10 just after the Jars event. Almost died a few times, had to remember how to play as well as craft up some gear so i wasn't so squishy--but it was a lot of fun (i always like the low levels of rpgs), and i mean to continue.

Having never played a WD before though, their resource confuses me.

So you have mana. Your base mana goes up when you level... what does a 60 WD have in terms of Mana? What determines mana regen?

Are there any mobs immune to fear (horrify)?
 
I never noticed Max Mana increasing as you level, so I can't really comment on that. You can get mana regen/max mana on I think primary secondary and helm. A couple of the passives have some mana regen stuff, and some of the WD focus on gear is reduce mana cost.

Generally speaking it regens pretty fast, but everything you do uses it
 
I never noticed Max Mana increasing as you level, so I can't really comment on that. You can get mana regen/max mana on I think primary secondary and helm. A couple of the passives have some mana regen stuff, and some of the WD focus on gear is reduce mana cost.

Generally speaking it regens pretty fast, but everything you do uses it

Thanks. I think i got the max mana increasing thing from hovering over the globe.

At least i know that when i first got the fire bat move i couldn't cast it for more than 2 seconds. Now if i use it with full mana i get get off like 5-6 seconds before running out.
 
Talk is cheap, but at least they're saying the right things. Lets hope they implement this shit.

I actually patched up D3 last night and created a new HC character.

WD on MP10. Got to i think level 10 just after the Jars event. Almost died a few times, had to remember how to play as well as craft up some gear so i wasn't so squishy--but it was a lot of fun (i always like the low levels of rpgs), and i mean to continue.

Having never played a WD before though, their resource confuses me.

So you have mana. Your base mana goes up when you level... what does a 60 WD have in terms of Mana? What determines mana regen?

Are there any mobs immune to fear (horrify)?

Until you get to Hell, there really isn't much else you need to do besides get INT and VIT on everything.....
Also always having movement speed on your boots is good too, you can get it pretty early in the game.


Here's my current ever changing lvl 60 (4) WD

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Namtaru-1339/hero/34347189
 
How much did you spend on the Zuni BP and ring? Shit's so expensive =/ Those are the 2 items I really want at this point
 
Until you get to Hell, there really isn't much else you need to do besides get INT and VIT on everything.....
Also always having movement speed on your boots is good too, you can get it pretty early in the game.

Its also very nice to keep checking the auction house for low priced movement speed Items like Slave Bonds which can be found for like 50k if you are lucky like I was.

made it too hell last night with my wizard......Wizard is so slow compared to a monk but almost too inferno.
 
How much did you spend on the Zuni BP and ring? Shit's so expensive =/ Those are the 2 items I really want at this point

Not sure what you mean by bp, boots?

Ring was 4.7 and boots were 4.2 i think

Just gotta watch for auctions with no set price ending in the middle of the day, you can get stuff for like 5 million that normally has buyouts of 10-20+

It may not be perfect rolls of stats but if you want the set and have no money there really isn't any other option than finding one.
 
Not sure what you mean by bp, boots?

Ring was 4.7 and boots were 4.2 i think

Just gotta watch for auctions with no set price ending in the middle of the day, you can get stuff for like 5 million that normally has buyouts of 10-20+

It may not be perfect rolls of stats but if you want the set and have no money there really isn't any other option than finding one.

That's what I used to do when I played. Camp the AH early in the morning around 7am EST.
 
SHhhhhh.... Don't let the secret out!

I wish I had the right time to snipe an ammy I was looking for: avg dmg, dex, resist all, lightning resist, 10 crit chance, and socket.

I put all the money I had on it, and it expired recently, so I'll know when I get home.
 
It's crazy to watch the prices of things rise in almost real time during the evenings

I don't remember what it was, but something I bought earlier in the evening once, there were like 15 of them for sale, for around 50k...... later when i was done using it (I think I used it for a few levels in HC to level up) I went to re-post it, and there were only about 6 and they were all about 100k.... for the exact same item in a matter of hours
 
It's crazy to watch the prices of things rise in almost real time during the evenings

I don't remember what it was, but something I bought earlier in the evening once, there were like 15 of them for sale, for around 50k...... later when i was done using it (I think I used it for a few levels in HC to level up) I went to re-post it, and there were only about 6 and they were all about 100k.... for the exact same item in a matter of hours

Yep I noticed that as well. Often the HC AH doesn't even have what I want. When I was looking for a spirit regen helmet with Life, Dex, and All res 0 came up.

It really magnifies the flawed item design and free market supply and demand....which is pretty cool to see.
 
Looking for some tips to upgrade my HC monk further

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Deliverer-1886/hero/33882289
Currently
71k DPS unbuffed
630 RA with OWE
3.7k Armor
43k hp
1k LPS
400k EPH

Drawbacks
No LS
No +exp
No Wave of light (reflect on a wave of light killed my first monk) until I get LS

I'm bidding for IK gloves, which will drop my dps by 3k, but give me 3k hp, ~200 more armor, and 60 more resist with the 2pc set bonus.

Other than that I'm starting to blow my money on vit bracers, hoping to get a good crit+dex combo with it. If i can also roll any RA, Armor, Lightning resist it would just be icing on the cake.
 
Looking for some tips to upgrade my HC monk further

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Deliverer-1886/hero/33882289
Currently
71k DPS unbuffed
630 RA with OWE
3.7k Armor
43k hp
1k LPS
400k EPH

Drawbacks
No LS
No +exp
No Wave of light (reflect on a wave of light killed my first monk) until I get LS

I'm bidding for IK gloves, which will drop my dps by 3k, but give me 3k hp, ~200 more armor, and 60 more resist with the 2pc set bonus.

Other than that I'm starting to blow my money on vit bracers, hoping to get a good crit+dex combo with it. If i can also roll any RA, Armor, Lightning resist it would just be icing on the cake.

I'd say the gem in your weapon and your oculus ring.....however both come at a hefty cost which would be better spent on a LS skorn. Then after that you could craft some gloves.

.....or you can somehow resurrect my monk. and take my skorn and gem.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/33903511
 
Back
Top