Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Well this is just ridiculous. I decided to gear up a Monk after seeing how good they are for farming higher MP levels. Haven't spent to much gold gearing up the last 2 weeks to get through stock inferno, mostly found drops at first with my PL100 Wiz. I'm at 90K+ dps with my Monk and can farm almost as well at MP2 with my 230K Wiz. Monk is at PL5 right now with no extra exp (other than nv stacks) or ruby in my helm. That is just ridiculously unbalanced right there...

PS: also makes my Barbarian look like a twirling pussy...

Haha so true. I have been saying this for like 100 pages now. They went way overboard with wave of light doing 800% damage. It makes playing my other classes very difficult.

I just hope they don't take it away now that I have it.
 
Well.....Good bye tacobell.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/33903511

God damn act 4 key warden is a bitch....I had 3 keys from each and went to get the infernal machine plans. Was running MP4 just fine on act1,2, and 3. But that 4th key warden has some fucked up ability that hurts me when I heal....and boy does my monk heal. Also ran into 2 pack while fighting the key warden because I had to run away.

That is some High end HC shit down the drain....45 hours of time as well.

HC and myself are done for now. Passed it and was just pushing DPS anyways.

I'm not sure what's up with the A4 Keywarden's attacks; there's that fire attack he has that does extreme damage (watch your health globe melt), and he apparently does something that negates 75% of your healing. The last time I faced him was before they removed the wardens from Normal-Hell, and my mistake was also running into two other packs while facing him. I hit Ignore Pain and OP:CA after getting hit with the fire and neither one negated the damage, so it seems to be a snapshot ability.

But yeah, I ran my Barb through that area as fast as possible, ready to sprint away if I ran into him but thankfully did not. RIP tacobell!
 
Demon Hunter is way more fun than Barbarian.... I never levelled anyone else up after my Barb...

Plus I think someone put a bow up on the AH for a ridic price. I grabbed a 500dps crossbow with +110 dex and +105 vit for like a mere 20k gold lmao.

I'm only lvl 50 so far so thats a crap ton of damage.
 
Took me four tries but finally made it to 60 on my HC Wizard. Went the whole way at MP10 in about 30 hours, replaying some parts to get my level up especially when I got into the mid 40's for access to the reduced level requirement weapons. Was Paragon 3 at Diablo Hell. Now I'm playing Inferno at MP1, almost died twice already but got saved in both instances by Unstable Anomaly, best passive ever.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jalidi-1200/hero/33406428

I'm really liking the Triumvirate off-hand; with a black weapon (no elemental damage) it's 15-18% more dps which I believes turns my 81K buffed damage into something like 96K effective... so my HC wizard is almost to where I've built my SC wizard up, and for a lot less gold invested too.
 
Someone paid me 1mil to open up Act 3 normal for him. I then sniped an inna's vast expanse for 1.5 mil, then once I realized it had the wrong resist, flipped it for a 2mil profit.

I should have enough money to get a starter 4 piece, but now I'm edging close to afford a LS skorn. I might go for that tomorrow if a few more pieces sell in the AH.
 
I dunno how you guys can play HC. At least once an hour my game will stick for like 10-20 seconds and then when it plays catch up I watch myself die in fast motion.
 
I dunno how you guys can play HC. At least once an hour my game will stick for like 10-20 seconds and then when it plays catch up I watch myself die in fast motion.

Personally, I play quite a bit from both my home and cell phone connections, and have yet to see any connection issues (*knocks on every piece of wood available*).

I guess it's different for everyone.
 
Demon Hunter is way more fun than Barbarian.... I never levelled anyone else up after my Barb...

Plus I think someone put a bow up on the AH for a ridic price. I grabbed a 500dps crossbow with +110 dex and +105 vit for like a mere 20k gold lmao.

I'm only lvl 50 so far so thats a crap ton of damage.

I'm complete opposite. I find the demon number extremely emo and the barb extremely bad ass. Plus, I never die.
 
I'm complete opposite. I find the demon number extremely emo and the barb extremely bad ass. Plus, I never die.

I feel my barb is extremely EMO in comparison to my monk. My monk runs into any situation and starts dropping bells(each heals him pretty much 100%) hitting a massive group for 800+ weapon damage where the most my barb can do is 400% to a tiny little area usually 1 or 2 people. I also do have to worry about maintaining berserk.

.....Though fighting Kool and Seigbreaker is far better with a barb as that bubble ant got shit on a barb.


Demon Hunter is just a pain in the ass. Crazy low damage with lots of spell upkeep but if you play it right a DH can be just as tanky as a barb but you just have to continuously cast shadow power and have the right gear and skills to keep up discipline.....biggest redeeming quality is Manticore and Quiver but I'd take a life steal belt any day.



.................But just imagine if the barb could use 2 - 2 handed weapons like he could in D2.....Double skorn would be unmatched.
 
I feel my barb is extremely EMO in comparison to my monk. My monk runs into any situation and starts dropping bells(each heals him pretty much 100%) hitting a massive group for 800+ weapon damage where the most my barb can do is 400% to a tiny little area usually 1 or 2 people. I also do have to worry about maintaining berserk.

.....Though fighting Kool and Seigbreaker is far better with a barb as that bubble ant got shit on a barb.


Demon Hunter is just a pain in the ass. Crazy low damage with lots of spell upkeep but if you play it right a DH can be just as tanky as a barb but you just have to continuously cast shadow power and have the right gear and skills to keep up discipline.....biggest redeeming quality is Manticore and Quiver but I'd take a life steal belt any day.



.................But just imagine if the barb could use 2 - 2 handed weapons like he could in D2.....Double skorn would be unmatched.

I've actually been meaning to try a monk since everyone says they're bad ass.

I'm not big on range offense, so I think the Monk will do me well. is a no homo kind of way.
 
I feel my barb is extremely EMO in comparison to my monk. My monk runs into any situation and starts dropping bells(each heals him pretty much 100%) hitting a massive group for 800+ weapon damage where the most my barb can do is 400% to a tiny little area usually 1 or 2 people. I also do have to worry about maintaining berserk.

.....Though fighting Kool and Seigbreaker is far better with a barb as that bubble ant got shit on a barb.


Demon Hunter is just a pain in the ass. Crazy low damage with lots of spell upkeep but if you play it right a DH can be just as tanky as a barb but you just have to continuously cast shadow power and have the right gear and skills to keep up discipline.....biggest redeeming quality is Manticore and Quiver but I'd take a life steal belt any day.



.................But just imagine if the barb could use 2 - 2 handed weapons like he could in D2.....Double skorn would be unmatched.

Demon Hunter is definitely my favorite class, they just suck right now. As long as I have disc I can stay alive which is also one of the problems. Once it's gone I'm usually dead. Combine that with the fact they have no high damage skills and you're also doing a lot of running away which means not dealing damage, it takes awhile to do stuff. I play DH less and less although I'm currently trying to get one to 60 in HC because they'll most likely get a buff at some point...they have to, right?

Monk and Barb I also find fun, haven't done a Monk yet in HC but I had a blast in SC dropping bells on everything. It's pretty ridiculous.
 
Is this game good now?

Why ask questions that you already have a pre-disposed answer to?

Looking at your post history, you already hate D3 and Blizzard. Which is fine, you have every right to. But your opinion is set, why even ask the question that you already have an answer for?
 
Why ask questions that you already have a pre-disposed answer to?

Looking at your post history, you already hate D3 and Blizzard. Which is fine, you have every right to. But your opinion is set, why even ask the question that you already have an answer for?

I'm asking an honest question...it had a shaky first year and in wondering if they turned it around at all.

I don't hate blizzard, diablo 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. Also played the shit out of vanilla WoW and BC / WC2/3, SC, etc
 
Just got back into this game over the weekend after having not played since the first two weeks of release. I logged into my old lvl 48 HC witch doctor and almost died three times in the first event I encountered (I was wondering why my char was standing somewhere I didn't recognize - turns out it was right before a boss fight and I logged off way back then cause I was scared to proceed lol). I decided to make a HC monk to familiarize myself with te game again and I'm having fun dropping bells of people. I'm glad there's no RMAH for hardcore mode - might give this game a fair chance this time around.
 
Would anyone here be willing to run some Ubers with me and my glass cannon/Archon build? I've got about 12 machines saved up, but haven't yet tried my hand at any of the fights.

Wow how do you survive? You pretty much only have 300 all res and are using Prismatic Armor instead of Force Armor.

You can't really use Akon against Ubers without using critical Mass and Tornado's or living Lightning.....and I honestly don't think you can do it with with 0 life steal, 300 Life on hit, low Life Per second, and no evasive abilities on anything higher than MP 6....which would mean 3/12 = 4 full runs at around 50% find rate you'll be lucky to get 1 or 2 Hell Fire Rings out of those 12 keys.

You should get an off hand and Helmet with Arcane per crit and switch to CM lockdown for Ubers....You'll take a hit on DPS but DPS doesn't many anything to a dead person.

I do want to try Ubers with my Mocho 72k Life WD to see if he could hang. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/10075787

Just got back into this game over the weekend after having not played since the first two weeks of release. I logged into my old lvl 48 HC witch doctor and almost died three times in the first event I encountered (I was wondering why my char was standing somewhere I didn't recognize - turns out it was right before a boss fight and I logged off way back then cause I was scared to proceed lol). I decided to make a HC monk to familiarize myself with te game again and I'm having fun dropping bells of people. I'm glad there's no RMAH for hardcore mode - might give this game a fair chance this time around.

I never understood RMAH haters, but in terms of HC players quitting after the first few weeks was a good idea as Inferno was a mother fucker before 1.0.3 Soul Lashers would end 99% of the players. The difficulty is far easier now so you can make it through pretty easily if you are careful.

Anyone has the ability to buy gold, items, or anything else in HC. They just have to use an external site same as diablo 2.......I think Hardcore would be even better with a RMAH as those people who choose to pay for gear will die and lose not only time but money....but I think the people willing to pay money on something they can potentially lose forever is likely far slimmer.


Pretty sure the only reason HC doesn't have RMAH is it would be a nightmare for Blizzard. Dude spends 1000 bucks on top of the line HC gear and dies from server disconnect and demands a refund.

I'm asking an honest question...it had a shaky first year and in wondering if they turned it around at all.

I don't hate blizzard, diablo 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. Also played the shit out of vanilla WoW and BC / WC2/3, SC, etc

only 4 semi major things have been changed:
1) over all difficulty and difficulty spikes
2) Skill touch up and tweeks
3) Useful Legendary/set/crafting items
4) End game Ubers, Paragon, and MP

So unless you quit playing because it was too hard, skills unbalanced, Bad Items, or lack of end game content your reasons (likely auction house related) are still present.

This game was good when it was released and its better now. But it still has some major fundamentals flaws (auction house isn't one of them) that if you had issue with are still there and likely always will be.
 
Last edited:
I'm asking an honest question...it had a shaky first year and in wondering if they turned it around at all.

I don't hate blizzard, diablo 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. Also played the shit out of vanilla WoW and BC / WC2/3, SC, etc

I just got back into this game, and I will say it's MUCH better than it was at release. I've played probably 6-8 hours over the last week and a half and have already found a few upgrades to my gear. This never happened before. It's definitely a better game. Unfortunately though, I don't see myself playing it religiously like I did D2. I only play it with my bro when he wants to play, and I can see myself getting tired of it already. I'm not quite there yet, but I know it's going to happen and probably soon. I may not quite cold turkey again, but I don't see myself playing unless it's with my bro.

Hopefully this answers your question. Give it a try. The worst that could happen is you end up not liking it anyway.
 
Wow how do you survive? You pretty much only have 300 all res and are using Prismatic Armor instead of Force Armor.

You can't really use Akon against Ubers without using critical Mass and Tornado's or living Lightning.....and I honestly don't think you can do it with with 0 life steal, 300 Life on hit, low Life Per second, and no evasive abilities on anything higher than MP 6....which would mean 3/12 = 4 full runs at around 50% find rate you'll be lucky to get 1 or 2 Hell Fire Rings out of those 12 keys.

You should get an off hand and Helmet with Arcane per crit and switch to CM lockdown for Ubers....You'll take a hit on DPS but DPS doesn't many anything to a dead person.

I do want to try Ubers with my Mocho 72k Life WD to see if he could hang. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/10075787

Eh, it ain't so bad paragon/key farming with that build. The best defense is a good offense, right? The mob density increases in the last patch means that I have Archon up almost full time now, and I have little issues farming act 1 at MP5, but I drop down to MP4 for later acts.

How critical is movement speed for ubers? I have a few other pieces of decent resist gear that I could swap out while still maintaining 24% move speed. Will definitely need to go out and get some APoC gear though.
 
Eh, it ain't so bad paragon/key farming with that build. The best defense is a good offense, right? The mob density increases in the last patch means that I have Archon up almost full time now, and I have little issues farming act 1 at MP5, but I drop down to MP4 for later acts.

How critical is movement speed for ubers? I have a few other pieces of decent resist gear that I could swap out while still maintaining 24% move speed. Will definitely need to go out and get some APoC gear though.

Its rather different than farming....Pop in and use a key and see how you fair.
 
Thanks guys.

I got a few APoC pieces, and switched into some of my resist gear:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mabu-1439/hero/1720811

Went ahead and pop three machines on MP3. As mentioned, I've never even touched Ubers yet, so Magda/Skellie King popped my cherry. Took about 10 tries for me to down them, with no organ drops.

Next was Ghom/the other dude. That was a piece of cake, as I one-shotted them with ease. No luck on an organ drop again.

Last was Siegebreaker/Koul, and I gave up after about 20 tries on that. :(
 
Thanks guys.

I got a few APoC pieces, and switched into some of my resist gear:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mabu-1439/hero/1720811

Went ahead and pop three machines on MP3. As mentioned, I've never even touched Ubers yet, so Magda/Skellie King popped my cherry. Took about 10 tries for me to down them, with no organ drops.

Next was Ghom/the other dude. That was a piece of cake, as I one-shotted them with ease. No luck on an organ drop again.

Last was Siegebreaker/Koul, and I gave up after about 20 tries on that. :(
I would probably tank unless a barb joins our game if we get one running this weekend.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/harkamus-1584/hero/2619523
 
If you are doing it on the weekend could probably partake. I have every class and could play a barb.

Sounds good. I still think a barb has a bit more survive-ability than a monk in ubers unless I'm gearing super duper meat shield, which even I don't have the money to do while maintaining high DEEPS. It's something I'll rectify over time if the crafting gods favor me.
 
Here's a pretty indepth explanation by Chris Wilson (head honcho of POE) of all the things that go into reducing lag for action RPGs: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/318115

I thought it was pretty informative regarding all the things they must overcome for smooth gameplay.

poe is a pretty poorly made game. it is a decent game, but good software engineering is not part of it. I wouldn't even cite them as a source, because when I play, it feels like they've set net code back 15 years

d3 net code is an origin 300i in comparison
 
I think I might be a little insane. I'm leveling another WD as a back up now, before I die. I figure once I get it to 60 I can put my second best items on it, that way if I die it's ready to go with decent gear. Makes it so I don't have to keep that gear in my stash and makes it easier to compare, that's my thinking anyways.
 

Just out of curiosity, what do you run now that you're level 100? I know you've been 100 for a bit, how do you keep interest with your monk?

I'm about to hit 100 myself, and I am considering just playing one of my other chars, even though I'll "lose" the massive MF of being maxed out on my Wizard. Not to say I love the level grind, I don't, but if I play another character at least I'll be doing "more than one thing," if you know what I'm saying.
 
Got my inna's 4 piece. Each of them for under 2 mil each.

I'm looking at getting IK boots and gloves for some massive defensive increase. I'm hovering 500 AR with OWE, getting 2 pieces for cheap (since I'm going for stuff that barbs usually dont care about) I can probably boost it by at least another 150 AR + some armor + about 10k HP, at the loss of about 10k dps. IK boots and gloves for a monk, Thoughts?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Deliverer-1886/hero/33882289
 
I think I might be a little insane. I'm leveling another WD as a back up now, before I die. I figure once I get it to 60 I can put my second best items on it, that way if I die it's ready to go with decent gear. Makes it so I don't have to keep that gear in my stash and makes it easier to compare, that's my thinking anyways.

I'm running a wizard to level 60 now.....even though I have a full set of monk gear.

I play too dangerous with a monk so I'm going to try my luck with a unstable anomaly wizard.
 
Would anyone here be willing to run some Ubers with me and my glass cannon/Archon build? I've got about 12 machines saved up, but haven't yet tried my hand at any of the fights.

I can help you out if you'd like need. I used to run with an MP10 uber carry team. CM Wizard, full lock (2.74AS).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jeremiah-1810/hero/27077006

Don't mind it if you don't see some of my gear. I'm swapping my Nats Boots/Ring and my Tri-fecta Ring on my Monk. (Also, just hit 100 on my Wizard)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top