Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I have a paragon 9 monk and sort of feel like I can no longer progress for gear. Here is my character:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jruser-1713/hero/3563811

I rarely die with near instant and continuous healing, but I also can hardly do damage to the yellow and blue enemies. I was able to solo Diablo, though playing through the act to get to him required the help of a strong team.

Looking at your gear, there are a few things I think you can improve on.

First, your using the One With Everything passive, yet I see Fire, Arcane and Cold resistances on your gear. Pick one resistance and stick to it. I'd recommend Lightning or Poison resistance. Lightning because it seems that fewer monks
choose to use it (from my observations) and Poison because down the road you can get an Andariel's Visage helm, which imo is the best end-game monk helm if it rolls with a socket. You can also choose to go with Arcane, since I see that
three of your pieces already have Arcane resistance. Once your resistances are high enough (Around 800 is good for Act 3) you can switch out Mantra of Healing - Time of Need for a more offensive-oriented Mantra like Mantra of Evasion - Backlash
or even Mantra of Conviction - Overawe. Also, try to get a weapon with dexterity and and socket, and put in an amethyst (if you want life on hit) or emerald (for crit damage). You should be able to get a 850-900 dps weapon with 1.4 attack speed with Dex,
a socket and maybe some Vit. for about 200-300k. I would also recommend getting some crit chance on your shield and gloves (at least 7% on each). The stats you want on your gloves are offensive stats like Dex, crit chance, crit damage and attack speed.
Get defensive stats on the other armor pieces.

Secondly, what is your reason for using two spirit-generating attacks and yet not have the Combination Strike passive? I'd recommend removing WoTHF - Windforce Flurry and keeping Keen Eye, although I believe you'll gradually have to make the switch to
Fists of Thunder - Thunderclap, since that does the most dps and works well with Life on Hit. Don't get me wrong, Keen Eye is good, its what I used when I just got started in Inferno, but later on as you get more defense on your armor you can drop it for
FoT - Thunderclap to increase your dps. I'd recommend you add Sweeping Wind - Bladestorm in place of WoTHF. Sweeping Wind adds a ton damage output, which helps greatly in downing elite monster packs faster. I'd also say you can swap out Exploding
Palm for Blinding Flash - Faith in the Light or Dashing Strike, depending on if you want a temp blind/damage boost or mobility skill.

I am at the point where it seems like small gear upgrades are 1 million per item. I looked at the counter and I have found less than 3m in my lifetime playing the game, so I don't know where people get that kind of gold.

It seems that the AH is full of sellers and few buyers. I have managed to make around 1m in sales total mostly from a couple of lucky shield drops. I find gear with good stats and find the cheapest buyout for a comparable item. I then price my buyout 10% lower, and set the starting bid at 10% of the buyout. I often will have no bids, virtually giving away items compared to the prices of other auctions.

Yeah, since 1.04 decreased the difficulty of Inferno and made it so that lvl 61-62 weapons can roll the same damage as lvl 63 ones, prices for average weapons and armor have dropped quite a bit, making it harder to sell items, but it also makes gearing up easier since things are cheaper. My buyout prices are typically 25-30% lower than the lowest buyout price for similar items, and even then I only sell around 60-70% of the items I put up. I wish that I can find items I can use myself from farming, and that's actually one of the things I dislike about this game, that the drop rates were balanced around the AH (personally I love having an AH, makes trading easy, but drop rates shouldn't be centered around it). Only thing I can tell you is to keep at it and hope for a drop that can sell for a lot.

Last edited:
I started AH flipping... I hope I don't get banned.

Bought a few pieces of jewelery for 25-150k and sold them for 5m lol

Why would you get banned for flipping? People have been doing it since launch. If newbs are too ignorant to price items correctly, well their loss :p

Yeah I sold my less valuable MF gear (e.g. shoulders, quivers) initially for about 20-30% more than I bought it for - which probably just accounts for inflation. But when I price checked my boots/ammy - both had actually gone up significantly in value. One of my MF ammy's is seriously 4x in price since 1.0.4 so I know there's no way I let it go for cheap now. The DPS difference between my DPS/MF gear is seriously prohibitive for Act3 farming, so I don't plan on going back to my MF setup anytime soon.

Yeah I can't afford Lacuni's so I bought some cheap Slave Bonds as a stop-gap in the mean-time. I upgraded from the old Hammer Jammers for my DH as well...but I dunno how much 3-4% feels, but I'll take it haha.

I finally got a set of lacurni bracers with int and 20mf on it. I'm noticeably faster compared to my current 9% boots I had before. It's drop I dps(<500), hp, and armor(<1%), but the runspeed and mf makes up for it. Getting 20% mf boots with 12% movement is my next step, then 20% shoulders and belt, then I'll be ready to exp grind and get high mf at the same time.

Last edited:
Maybe only the botters are gettin banned, but I'm pretty sure I've seen people getting their accounts locked for AH abuse by flipping.

I finally got a set of lacurni bracers with int and 20mf on it. I'm noticeably faster compared to my current 9% boots I had before. It's drop I dsp(<500), hp, and armor(<1%), but the runspeed and mf makes up for it. Getting 20% mf boots with 12% movement is my next step, then 20% shoulders and bracers, the. I'll be ready to exp grind and get high mf at the same time.

I had a pair of ~100vit/85str/XXint/~70AR/18mf/12ms boots on my last barb that died. Real heartbreaker to lose those bad boys.

Last edited:
I had a pair of ~100vit/85str/XXint/18mf/12ms boots on my last barb that died. Real heartbreaker to lose those bad boys.

Yeah, this is why I can't do hardcore, it's not my cup of tea. I'm too impatient and reckless to risk my progress on a character. I'm sure there's a good rush putting it on the line all the time, but I'd hate to lose hundreds of hours of progress.

Yeah, this is why I can't do hardcore, it's not my cup of tea. I'm too impatient and reckless to risk my progress on a character. I'm sure there's a good rush putting it on the line all the time, but I'd hate to lose hundreds of hours of progress.

When I did Belial the first time on Inferno, my heart rate had to be like 150BPM. It's pretty crazy. Getting that whole adrenaline warmth throughout your entire body. I was in a fight once against 4-5 guys. I got the shit beat out of me and was basically fighting for my life/fighting not to require surgery. I get that same rush from a freaking video game... LOL

I have a paragon 9 monk and sort of feel like I can no longer progress for gear. Here is my character:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jruser-1713/hero/3563811

I rarely die with near instant and continuous healing, but I also can hardly do damage to the yellow and blue enemies. I was able to solo Diablo, though playing through the act to get to him required the help of a strong team.

I am at the point where it seems like small gear upgrades are 1 million per item. I looked at the counter and I have found less than 3m in my lifetime playing the game, so I don't know where people get that kind of gold.

It seems that the AH is full of sellers and few buyers. I have managed to make around 1m in sales total mostly from a couple of lucky shield drops. I find gear with good stats and find the cheapest buyout for a comparable item. I then price my buyout 10% lower, and set the starting bid at 10% of the buyout. I often will have no bids, virtually giving away items compared to the prices of other auctions.

I clearly fail at selling, farming, and doing any worthwhile amount of damage. Does anybody see what I am doing obviously wrong with my monk? Am I expecting too much out of the monk?

Ditch one with everything or pick a Res. your build is pure tank. You'll have to slowly start getting Crit Chance and Crit Damage to up your DPS or play with DH and Wizards whom you can tank for. Without Crit Hit and Damage your nearly maxed out on DPS.

so two int roll Vile Wards dropped within 20 minutes of each other just now

lCDfA.jpg

WXSMk.jpg

RNG is a hell of a mechanic :eek:

Awesome! The roll on the 2nd one is pretty nice, though it has much less int than the first one. I feel like finding a good legendary is the only viable way to make money these days. Most of my decent gear aren't selling for much anymore and I was saved by finding a nice legendary fist weapon which I sold for 35M.

All of this nerfing is getting pretty damn annoying. They nerfed jagged spikes and gas grenades. Now Trail of Cinders is a "bug" :rolleyes: and they're nerfing that in 1.0.5.

Any thoughts on how much this is worth? My first legendary drop.

legendary_source.jpg

Put it up on the GAH for probably too much for now.

All of this nerfing is getting pretty damn annoying. They nerfed jagged spikes and gas grenades. Now Trail of Cinders is a "bug" :rolleyes: and they're nerfing that in 1.0.5.

It seems more like an oversight. It's hard to prove though because the patch notes do say 1500% over 3 seconds, but the developers may not be the ones writing the patch notes and the patch note author just went off of what he saw in the diffs.

Yeah, id rather play PoE than that. Believe it or not, theres probably tons of games like that out there that you just havnt heard of. Theres a reason its only $2.50. :) Thats not to say it isnt fun though, and D3 is definitely not worth its $60 price tag either so...

I'd rather play PoE than D3 - which is exactly what I am doing.

Ha ha I was just looking for weird games to buy and saw that little gem. Since it looked like a Diablo clone I figured someone would get a kick out of watching the youtube video.

:)

I'm stuck between using a weapon that puts me at 60k dps with 3% lifesteal, or 70k without lifesteal. I tried glass cannon, which brings me back up to 70k, but I notice the difference in my squishy-ness.

I guess I'll have to troll around the AH to find a higher dps weapons with more crit damge and lifesteal on it too, 70k seems to be a good minimum bar for facerolling Act3 through the keep.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Deliverer-1886/hero/3900763

Yea, after breaking the 70k dps range, I definitely started to feel the groove for Archon. I'm personally gearing for mitigation rather than life regenerative stats though, it just feels more stable that way and there's no shortage of health globes around. I also love my build when I'm not in Archon mode too. The sheer tankyness of my Wiz feels great. With the remaining pieces of gear that I need to upgrade, I'm hoping to shoot for 90k dps, 550k+ EH against lvl 63 mobs, 350k+ with Diamond Skin and 800k+ as Archon. A nice weapon upgrade alone can push me past 100k dps eventually.

I just gotta find some more high value legendaries to push toward that goal. :)

this game has dropped off my playlist at about 100 hours. Sad.

I spent several hundred hours in titan quest. Probably 3 or 4 hundred.

I perhaps spent more than that in Diablo 2.

The only reason I even have that much in Diablo 3 is that I wanted to get at least one character to the hardest difficulty and had multiple characters that I played with friends. If my account was deleted I wouldn't really care. That's sad, but all my friends feel the same way. I'd like to see the player population stats. I bet the Diablo 3 world has lost 50-60% of the players only about 3 months in.

The economy is totally screwed in HC mode now too. I can't sell anything now unless it's basically a maxed out item with all the right stats.

I suppose that's what I get for taking a month off instead of farming a hundred mil or so before the patches.

Just sold an 888.1 dps 1H sword with 106 dex, 338 LoH, 86% crit damage and a socket for 25M, think I underpriced it?

Heh, I always ask myself that question when a piece of gear sells reasonably fast. It's not too bad though. I was looking at 1H swords of similar specs for casters (850+ dps, socketed, 70%+ crit damage, high int) and they're around the 20M minimum bid, way more for buyout.

Haha that wasn't during the lull pre1.0.4 was it? It was basically a lame-duck market, knowing about the significant sub63 dmg rolls, new legendaries/sets, etc.

I was thinking it'd be fun to try some other classes out, but I don't really have the time or the desire to level more characters on my own to 60. Does anyone want to do some runs to level each other's characters? With some +exp gear hopefully it'll be much more efficient.

Yea, after breaking the 70k dps range, I definitely started to feel the groove for Archon. I'm personally gearing for mitigation rather than life regenerative stats though, it just feels more stable that way and there's no shortage of health globes around. I also love my build when I'm not in Archon mode too. The sheer tankyness of my Wiz feels great. With the remaining pieces of gear that I need to upgrade, I'm hoping to shoot for 90k dps, 550k+ EH against lvl 63 mobs, 350k+ with Diamond Skin and 800k+ as Archon. A nice weapon upgrade alone can push me past 100k dps eventually.

I just gotta find some more high value legendaries to push toward that goal. :)

Great, nearly every mob rolls with Reflect Damage now. How fucking intelligent.

This is why I'm looking for a good lifesteal weapon. Lifesteal vs Damage Reflect = no problem. Lifesteal scales with my damage, so as my dps goes up, I dont see damage reflect getting any more troublesome

Haha that wasn't during the lull pre1.0.4 was it? It was basically a lame-duck market, knowing about the significant sub63 dmg rolls, new legendaries/sets, etc.

Yes, it was during that time. Wish I hadn't gotten mad and disenchanted it all one day in spite. To be exact the last time I logged in I got a drop like that and disenchanted it as I figured if it didn't do 1200+ dps it was garbage. I think I have a couple 1200 dps 2hnd axes laying around in the auction window. I tried to sell those for 300k and they didn't sell either back then. Saving one for my Mage and another for the Barbarian that I may never make. :) If I ever play again he'll have a badass weapon for 60 though.

The economy is totally screwed in HC mode now too. I can't sell anything now unless it's basically a maxed out item with all the right stats.

I suppose that's what I get for taking a month off instead of farming a hundred mil or so before the patches.

Yea, pretty lame. I also took a break from HC on my 53 barb while waiting for 1.0.4. There were barely any items in the low 50s worth buying at that time.

Oh, and 1.0.4 has not really enticed me to play more than a couple hours. Pretty disappointing.

This is why I'm looking for a good lifesteal weapon. Lifesteal vs Damage Reflect = no problem. Lifesteal scales with my damage, so as my dps goes up, I dont see damage reflect getting any more troublesome

I tested Archon with blood magic weapon and it didn't seem to have any effect other than the melee attack. :eek: Outside of Archon mode, reflect damage isn't a problem at all. In some cases, I'm fine staying in Archon mode because of my mitigation, but it's still a DPS race to get elites down for their health globes.

Yea, pretty lame. I also took a break from HC on my 53 barb while waiting for 1.0.4. There were barely any items in the low 50s worth buying at that time.

Oh, and 1.0.4 has not really enticed me to play more than a couple hours. Pretty disappointing.

HCbigaug#1950

hit me up. I'll hook you up with some good leveling gear

I tested Archon with blood magic weapon and it didn't seem to have any effect other than the melee attack. :eek: Outside of Archon mode, reflect damage isn't a problem at all. In some cases, I'm fine staying in Archon mode because of my mitigation, but it's still a DPS race to get elites down for their health globes.

Yeah, It's really only noticable with blood weapon and my temporary 3% lifesteal weapon. When I'm burning down a hallway in archon mode, I've seen ticks up to 3k (no its not an orb or templar heal), meaning it's like 6k a second. If I'm not taking damage from the elite with damage reflect, I basically break even in hp.

Legendary bracers just dropped. I knew from the graphic that it was Lacuni Prowlers before I ID'ed so I was excited.. but it turns out that it doesn't have any main stats or vit. FML

edit: wow 12% movement speed feels nice. I've been missing out. I may want to pick up a proper version of these bracers as well as 12% boots. the 20% MF on it doesn't hurt, although I lost 3k dps in the process.

Last edited:
this game has dropped off my playlist at about 100 hours. Sad.

I spent several hundred hours in titan quest. Probably 3 or 4 hundred.

I perhaps spent more than that in Diablo 2.

The only reason I even have that much in Diablo 3 is that I wanted to get at least one character to the hardest difficulty and had multiple characters that I played with friends. If my account was deleted I wouldn't really care. That's sad, but all my friends feel the same way. I'd like to see the player population stats. I bet the Diablo 3 world has lost 50-60% of the players only about 3 months in.

Kulle story bro!

Back