Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Numbers are pretty insane at that level. I'm guessing he has a radiant star ruby and the exp ring. Im only 21, and gettIng 1 to 21 is about what it takes to get from 99 to 100. My final goal is around 70, and from where I'm at, I'm only 10% of the way there....

Numbers are pretty insane at that level. I'm guessing he has a radiant star ruby and the exp ring. Im only 21, and gettIng 1 to 21 is about what it takes to get from 99 to 100. My final goal is around 70, and from where I'm at, I'm only 10% of the way there....

yep I'm sure he used as much EXP+ he could muster.

I don't plan on rushing my levels. I even started playing hardcore as to not level up so quickly. They still have a few expansion packs to release which will bump up the max level of 60 to something higher. Either 70 or 99 depending on how many expansion packs they release.

Leveling my character level and P level seems like a better use of time......even though Maxing out P won't happen for many years.

Congratulations on just making up some random shit about a player you don't know anything about

Congratulations on doing absolutely zero research. Its all over reddit and jsp and you can even watch his stream. There are multiple people playing on that account. Thanks for your completely uninspired and idiotic post.

Apparently he was streaming his farming runs, as posted on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/zd466/alkaizer_1_paragon_level_streaming/

There are some screencaps of his stash... full of unid legendaries. Judging from the graphics, they're all terrible legendaries and people are speculating that he handles the good stuff separately. He apparently even overlooked some on the ground during his live session (I didn't watch the stream myself, just read the comments).

Apparently he was streaming his farming runs, as posted on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/zd466/alkaizer_1_paragon_level_streaming/

There are some screencaps of his stash... full of unid legendaries. Judging from the graphics, they're all terrible legendaries and people are speculating that he handles the good stuff separately. He apparently even overlooked some on the ground during his live session (I didn't watch the stream myself, just read the comments).

Yeah I saw that too and everybody was freaking out on him for it lol.

yep I'm sure he used as much EXP+ he could muster.

I don't plan on rushing my levels. I even started playing hardcore as to not level up so quickly. They still have a few expansion packs to release which will bump up the max level of 60 to something higher. Either 70 or 99 depending on how many expansion packs they release.

Leveling my character level and P level seems like a better use of time......even though Maxing out P won't happen for many years.

I'm going to go ahead and say they won't raise the level cap. I have faith they won't do something so completely stupid. It would completley ruin all current gear. It would be a gear reset AKA WoW.

Let us all pray they have at least some sense. I suppose they proved us wrong time and again with all the dumb shit they've done though.

PLEASE GOD LEARN FROM LORD OF DESTRUCTION!

I'm going to go ahead and say they won't raise the level cap. I have faith they won't do something so completely stupid. It would completley ruin all current gear. It would be a gear reset AKA WoW.

Let us all pray they have at least some sense. I suppose they proved us wrong time and again with all the dumb shit they've done though.

Well you can almost gurantee that they are going to have to do something if/when they release an expansion. I mean they just can't have content and no way to "progress" your character. I believe that if they wanted to they can get creative with ways to be able to modify the gear you already have but still make it some kind of progression. We'll just have to wait and see.

So i have a lvl 18 HC barb... what's the deal with cleave? It feels way OP at 140% weapon damage. Shouldn't it do less than the single target variations? I keep trying the new runes on the other two 'basic' attacks, and cleave just seems to trump all.

So i have a lvl 18 HC barb... what's the deal with cleave? It feels way OP at 140% weapon damage. Shouldn't it do less than the single target variations? I keep trying the new runes on the other two 'basic' attacks, and cleave just seems to trump all.

Cleave is beastly until hell. I use it all the way up until that point and then switch to Frenzy. Mobs start having more HP at that point, and it takes too many hits to kill.

Cleave + Rupture Rune + Twinked out barb with monster gear = Win

Use ground stop + the rune that pulls mobs in towards you and one shot massive packs.

Cleave is beastly until hell. I use it all the way up until that point and then switch to Frenzy. Mobs start having more HP at that point, and it takes too many hits to kill.

Cleave + Rupture Rune + Twinked out barb with monster gear = Win

Use ground stop + the rune that pulls mobs in towards you and one shot massive packs.

Gotcha... just making sure i wasn't missing something =P

On a related note, I'm having WAY more fun with this game on HC single player. I'm actually looking at vendors for items, crafting pieces to replace old gear, and finding areas and events I've never seen before. And holy shit does your heart start racing when you get in a pinch!!

I think you were right big_aug, the more i play HC, the less SC sounds fun lol

That's one of my issues with gear quality shooting off at 60, what comes next? Without a gear reboot on the expansion, how will those that just beat inferno and quit be viable to continue on the expansion without hours of farming old inferno? Without a reboot, the next "inferno" would be trivial for those over 100k dps to still be viable for newcomers. EHP varies from 100,000 to millions. The spread is too great.

I could see something like an item squish work. So basically some type of logarithmic calculation on current inferno gear to bring it back to a linear progression. That way, my 70k dps after an expansion will be reduced, but I'll still have more dps than someone with 50k, and slightly less than someone with 90k, and another player who just reached 60 has lower dps, but can still continue to progress through the next content.

I'm not aware of any successful expansion to a game with loot or exp based progression that didn't make old end-game content obselete once you really moved into the new content. Borderlands failed in this progression with its dlc. I was too powerful with my guns before the first expansion, even playthrough 2 expansions were trivial. I got no upgrades until Knox and felt no sense of progression until the third dlc. I'm glad they stopped dlc and went to a true sequel, so that loot and skills could get a true reboot.

Gotcha... just making sure i wasn't missing something =P

On a related note, I'm having WAY more fun with this game on HC single player. I'm actually looking at vendors for items, crafting pieces to replace old gear, and finding areas and events I've never seen before. And holy shit does your heart start racing when you get in a pinch!!

I think you were right big_aug, the more i play HC, the less SC sounds fun lol

It's addictive as hell for a lot of reasons:

1) It's about building wealth so you can sustain inevitable losses. No one wants to die, and dying sucks so freaking much, but deep down we all know it is going to happen.

2) No matter how rich you become, you could go bust at any moment. Did you just save up 150m to get that GG Stormshield? You drop 150m of your 175m on it, and you die the next day. You go from having a barb worth 300m+ to having 25m to your name.

3) The community. Everyone knows everyone and everyone knows when someone dies. You get tells from people saying, "Dude, I can't believe XXX died." There aren't a whole lot of people that play HC, and it's much better that way. Everyone knows who the ballers are and everyone knows who is crafting what items, etc.

That's one of my issues with gear quality shooting off at 60, what comes next? Without a gear reboot on the expansion, how will those that just beat inferno and quit be viable to continue on the expansion without hours of farming old inferno? Without a reboot, the next "inferno" would be trivial for those over 100k dps to still be viable for newcomers. EHP varies from 100,000 to millions. The spread is too great.

I could see something like an item squish work. So basically some type of logarithmic calculation on current inferno gear to bring it back to a linear progression. That way, my 70k dps after an expansion will be reduced, but I'll still have more dps than someone with 50k, and slightly less than someone with 90k, and another player who just reached 60 has lower dps, but can still continue to progress through the next content.

I'm not aware of any successful expansion to a game with loot or exp based progression that didn't make old end-game content obselete once you really moved into the new content. Borderlands failed in this progression with its dlc. I was too powerful with my guns before the first expansion, even playthrough 2 expansions were trivial. I got no upgrades until Knox and felt no sense of progression until the third dlc. I'm glad they stopped dlc and went to a true sequel, so that loot and skills could get a true reboot.

Diablo 2?

Here is what LOD added to D2:

-Two new character classes: the Assassin and the Druid.

-A fifth act taking place in and around Mount Arreat in the northern Barbarian Highlands, with an additional act boss, Baal.

-Many new weapons and new pieces of armor:

-Runes can be placed into sockets and provide different bonuses from gems.
Using Horadric Cube, needed quest item for Act 2 and runes as recipes, one can empower the items.

-"Crafted items" are very similar to rare items but they cannot be found in chests or dropped by monsters. They can be created with the Horadric Cube and the right ingredients. They have 3-4 fixed properties that will enhance the items.

-"Runewords" are very powerful bonuses that are granted to an item when specific runes are socketed in a specific order.

-"Jewels" gain the same random bonuses that items can. These can be placed into sockets. They have the same effect no matter what the base item is. Unique jewels are "Rainbow Facets" which have different bonuses to a certain element.

-Ethereal items that are normally more powerful than their standard counterparts, but they have lowered durability and cannot be repaired.

-Charms that can be kept in the inventory and provide passive bonuses.

-Class-specific items that can only be used by a certain character, e.g. Claws for an Assassin.

-Additional unique and set items, including class-specific sets.

-An expanded stash for storing items—two times the size of the original stash.

-An alternate weapon/shield/spell setup that can be switched to via a hotkey in gameplay.

-Hirelings can now follow the player through all the Acts. They can also be equipped with armor and a weapon, can gain their own experience (originally they leveled up with the player), can be healed by potions, and can be resurrected when killed.

-The game can now be played at 800x600 resolution, up from 640x480

Did I just blow your mind? With your name and sig, you should know it's definitely possible.

Last edited:
Congratulations on doing absolutely zero research. Its all over reddit and jsp and you can even watch his stream. There are multiple people playing on that account. Thanks for your completely uninspired and idiotic post.

I did watch his stream quite a bit last night, they were makin fun of nerds like you who think he's botting or account sharing, LOL! Stay dumb

He said he doesn't bother picking up any rares anymore because it's a complete waste of time. He was at one point just picking up ilvl 63 rares until around ~paragon 40 or so but decided it wasn't worth even doing that because it takes too long to id them and they're usually trash anyways.

I did watch his stream quite a bit last night, they were makin fun of nerds like you who think he's botting or account sharing, LOL! Stay dumb

Ok, whatever dude you watched for one night and you know him like he's your brother. I never claimed he was botting but you got it all figured out :rolleyes:

They didn't do this with LoD though, did they? Mephisto was still good farm, it wasn't like Baal dropped the only good loot. They probably will do another act, added to each difficulty, and leave inferno and the gear up there how it is. It just seems like it'd be the easiest way.

Diablo 2?

-Many new weapons and new pieces of armor:

-Runes can be placed into sockets and provide different bonuses from gems.
Using Horadric Cube, needed quest item for Act 2 and runes as recipes, one can empower the items.

-"Crafted items" are very similar to rare items but they cannot be found in chests or dropped by monsters. They can be created with the Horadric Cube and the right ingredients. They have 3-4 fixed properties that will enhance the items.

-"Runewords" are very powerful bonuses that are granted to an item when specific runes are socketed in a specific order.

-"Jewels" gain the same random bonuses that items can. These can be placed into sockets. They have the same effect no matter what the base item is. Unique jewels are "Rainbow Facets" which have different bonuses to a certain element.

-Ethereal items that are normally more powerful than their standard counterparts, but they have lowered durability and cannot be repaired.

-Charms that can be kept in the inventory and provide passive bonuses.

-Class-specific items that can only be used by a certain character, e.g. Claws for an Assassin.

-Additional unique and set items, including class-specific sets.

Did I just blow your mind? With your name and sig, you should know it's definitely possible.
Thanks for proving my point. Expansion means new gear and items that make old gear obselete and "ruin all [current] gear". Maybe for a little bit you would use older gear, but what kind of expansions wouldn't create new content to replace your current gear?

I couldn't care less about new levels since d3 is all gear based,. It'd be a really crappy expansion if I could finish all of it without replacing a single item.

I know it hurts to be wrong but if you wouldn't make up dumb shit in the first place you wouldn't have to be corrected. Btw I'm the guy talking to SamO on JSP on the first page of his thread.

You guys make the community suck.

They didn't do this with LoD though, did they? Mephisto was still good farm, it wasn't like Baal dropped the only good loot. They probably will do another act, added to each difficulty, and leave inferno and the gear up there how it is. It just seems like it'd be the easiest way.

Truth. People still farmed Act 1 Hell (The Pit). It was actually one of the best spots. They just need to add a new act and lots of nice features, just like LOD. Add some new gear that can only drop in the new act with a tiny percent chance to drop in Act 3/Act 4. Then it will be setup just the way it is now.

It's totally doable. They need to pull their heads out of their asses though.

What's funny to me, is that going down that list, i'm like "oooh i want that in d3!" "ooh i want that in d3 too!"

Jewels and charms should have been in D3... i guess we can only hope that they're in the expansion.

Didn't they also change the difficulty of Hell when LoD came out? They may consider doing that to inferno so that people with gear, like what Breath of the Dying is talking about, can't just roflstomp everything.

LOD made almost all items from Vanilla completely obsolete. In Vanilla there was only 2 tiers of base item loot - normal and exceptional. So in Vanilla there was Ancient Armor (normal) and Ornate (exceptional). Of this though in Vanilla only the normal quality loot had uniques. In LOD they added another tier - elite. So not only did LOD drop Ancient Armor, Ornate Armor, and Sacred Armor, they also added uniques for the other tiers. Vanilla only had uniques for normal tier items, LOD added it for exceptional and elite tiers not to mention things like runewords, and stronger affixes and such.

What's funny to me, is that going down that list, i'm like "oooh i want that in d3!" "ooh i want that in d3 too!"

Jewels and charms should have been in D3... i guess we can only hope that they're in the expansion.

Didn't they also change the difficulty of Hell when LoD came out? They may consider doing that to inferno so that people with gear, like what Breath of the Dying is talking about, can't just roflstomp everything.

Hell was always really easy and even more so when LOD came out. It was a complete joke in 1.09, but after patch 1.10 came out that's when monsters got alot stronger, and also when hitting 99 became much harder. Before patch 1.10 you could hit 99 in a few days of cows, atleast in LOD, never played Vanilla after LOD came out.

People watching a livestream of someone playing Diablo 3 24/7 to get Paragon 100 world first are calling other people nerds? Oh boy.

I know it hurts to be wrong but if you wouldn't make up dumb shit in the first place you wouldn't have to be corrected. Btw I'm the guy talking to SamO on JSP on the first page of his thread.

Wow you sure come off like you cant be wrong. Ok, I can't be absolutely certain how he has leveled so fast, all I can do is speculate logically with the appropriate numbers involved. But I can say one thing that is 100% accurate.

You don't know for a FACT either!!! Are you him?? Have you been by his side since the patch was released?? So you're speculation is the same as mine.

Stay clueless!!

Hell was always really easy and even more so when LOD came out. It was a complete joke in 1.09, but after patch 1.10 came out that's when monsters got alot stronger, and also when hitting 99 became much harder. Before patch 1.10 you could hit 99 in a few days of cows, atleast in LOD, never played Vanilla after LOD came out.

I remember that patch well. I went from rushing 7 chars through hell on my bowazon no problem to having trouble reaching countess. That was quite a spectacular difficulty jump

People watching a livestream of someone playing Diablo 3 24/7 to get Paragon 100 world first are calling other people nerds? Oh boy.

It's the new age baby! He had 4500 people viewing at one point. I definitely got a little nerd in me but when I see something impressive I don't just flat out make up a reason for his success like some people do. Like I said before, him and his friends were all joking about people who think he's cheating.

I remember that patch well. I went from rushing 7 chars through hell on my bowazon no problem to having trouble reaching countess. That was quite a spectacular difficulty jump

The first Barb I made when that patch came out was really bad, couldn't kill anything. On the flipside though it also did make a host of new builds viable because that's also when synergies came out.

Like I said before, him and his friends were all joking about people who think he's cheating.

Him and all his friends can say whatever they want. Its the internet kid. WOW, the fact that you can admit this in the same sentence and not have an ounce of skepticism in you really says something.

I'm actually an astronaut riding along with my good friend Curiosity right now on Mars sending you this post. Oh wait, maybe if I stream it will be the truth, an internet forum might not provide you with enough believability, but I'll have to check with JPL and NASA to see if they can spare the extra bandwidth.

By the way Rdzona, sorry for that little diatribe, I don't claim to know everything but I just find it annoying when people make purely speculative assumptions on something. When someone does something impressive, all too often I see people simply mark off that accomplishment as being non-legitimate. The guy is wasting his life away on Blizzard's arguably worst game in history, doing something that will probably be forgotten in a month or two, atleast let him have his few days of e-fame for a job well done.

By the way Rdzona, sorry for that little diatribe, I don't claim to know everything but I just find it annoying when people make purely speculative assumptions on something. When someone does something impressive, all too often I see people simply mark off that accomplishment as being non-legitimate. The guy is wasting his life away on Blizzard's arguably worst game in history doing something that will probably be forgotten in a month or two, let him have his few minutes of e-fame for his job well done.

I've seen similar sentiments in other boards/threads...it's pretty laughable. I understand that skepticism is called for, but overwhelming cynicism is downright silly.

By the way Rdzona, sorry for that little diatribe, I don't claim to know everything but I just find it annoying when people make purely speculative assumptions on something. When someone does something impressive, all too often I see people simply mark off that accomplishment as being non-legitimate. The guy is wasting his life away on Blizzard's arguably worst game in history, doing something that will probably be forgotten in a month or two, atleast let him have his few days of e-fame for a job well done.

This is funny.

You point out what your annoyed by.....Then you do that exact thing in the same post.

"When someone does something impressive, all too often I see people simply mark off that accomplishment as being non-legitimate."

"Blizzard's arguably worst game in history" <-----this is you diminishing blizzards achievements.

Are you really protecting this guy because you think its impressive?? And then in the next breath you bash the basis for this so called accomplishment?

The point is, neither of us knows for an absolute fact its legitimate. If he was a data point, he is waaay outside the normal distribution. I'm an engineer so I'm a bit of a skeptic at heart. I'm still puzzled as to why just because you say he is accomplishing something one way its somehow the truth. So the burden of proof is on you now.

How can you prove that he has been at that keyboard himself for every single mouse click and button press??

Did you ever play Starcraft on the N64?

Actually I did, but it was so bad I forgot about it. That statement is in reference to what Blizzard is known for though, PC games, and usually games from Warcraft 2 on up. Lost Vikings was pretty epic too but hardly in the ranking of Diablo, Warcraft, and Starcraft.

Back