Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I just listed a bunch of items for vendor price on the AH because i don't give a shit anymore :D

This happened to me, I hope it doesn't happen to you. I set the bid price really low hoping a couple people would bid on it, only one person did. LOL :p

dhcoi.jpg

I really enjoyed buying this with 3 friends and playing all night and all the next day when the game first came out. That was really worth the price of it alone. I uninstalled it yesterday, probably hadn't played it in a month anyway. Was fun for that 36 hour period but just a boring grindfest.

Is everyone so tight on hard disk space that they gotta uninstall their games and announce it to us? :p I've personally been winding down lately in anticipation for the next patch. I think I've gotten all the satisfaction I wanted from it for now. It's nice being able to stroll through Inferno with relatively decent gear now, while remembering the times where getting my foot out of the door in Act 2 and 3 was scary.

Though I should be used to this, the silence on new content is killing me.

I honestly find it extremely funny that people are complaining because they got bored after 100-200-300h when typically games last 6-10h ;)

I honestly find it extremely funny that people are complaining because they got bored after 100-200-300h when typically games last 6-10h ;)

That's because you're confusing gaming concepts. This isn't Mario Bros. People expected thousands of hours worth of gameplay. It's supposed to be played like a pseudo-MMO.

I haven't played in about a month now... I burnt out around the 250 hour level, 200 hours in wizard alone.

I'll check back when PVP kicks in though, or when they add something to the original story by way of an expansion or DLC, something which raises the level cap. Wish there was a random dungeon generator or at least a way to make custom missions. Still, got my money's worth, and that month spent clearing Inferno on the wizard pre-1.0.3 won't be forgotten for a long time to come.

getting burnt out, stuck on ghom inferno, from what i have read bliz made him harder after 1.0.3, correct?

ps anyone can help that would be great.

I had to open a ticket because blizz didn't actually deposit on of the RMAH sales into my PP account. Item sold on July 15 and cash was never sent. Checking each sale going forward is going to add some time to the process and may make it so that the whole effort is no longer worth it.

Jesus how long did it take to farm all that?

2-4 days of reasonably dedicated farming. All the armor is ilvl 62+ and the rings/amulets are 60+, weapons are all 63. Cream of the crop basically. Each has the potential to sell for many millions

I've done that once with just 1 tab full of ilvl 63 gear. I got a couple of items worth selling, but it sure took a while to fill up the stash.

I feel like while this game is relatively well developed, it did not 1.) live up to the hype left by D2. 2.) did not innovate on the idea it came up with 12 years ago...

D3 is fixable, but right now is severely disappointing to me. The loot just sucks. It's uninteresting and not fun to find. The AH makes it even worse.

So I just id'd everything and they all sucked. Ahh, such is the life of playing Diablo 3. So dumb. LOL. Some of them would be decent but since there is no ladder reset and there's so many items in the AH, the relative concept of 'good' items has gone way up and some of these 'ok' items are pretty much worthless. They really need to create a way of keeping the items fresh like ladders did in Diablo 2.

Last edited:
yeah D2 just never did it for me, maybe 2 much time spent with competitive FPS titles - Diablo3 may have it's flaws but something keeps me coming back for a few hours every couple of days.

Is everyone so tight on hard disk space that they gotta uninstall their games and announce it to us? :p I've personally been winding down lately in anticipation for the next patch. I think I've gotten all the satisfaction I wanted from it for now. It's nice being able to stroll through Inferno with relatively decent gear now, while remembering the times where getting my foot out of the door in Act 2 and 3 was scary.

Though I should be used to this, the silence on new content is killing me.

Actually, since the SSD got popular, I always uninstall a game when I am no longer playing it. Space is at a premium again!

So I just id'd everything and they all sucked. Ahh, such is the life of playing Diablo 3. So dumb. LOL. Some of them would be decent but since there is no ladder reset and there's so many items in the AH, the relative concept of 'good' items has gone way up and some of these 'ok' items are pretty much worthless. They really need to create a way of keeping the items fresh like ladders did in Diablo 2.
Items should just become bound to a character so that they cannot be recycled anymore. Once you equip an item it is forever bound to that character and can no longer be shared with any other character on your account or sold to a different account. The inventory system would need to be redone to have shared and character based stash tabs but that should be simple.

You are absolutely correct in saying that OK items are basically worthless now. They regularly sell for less than 10k and often even less than 5k. I usually don't bother with selling at all and just vendor everything below ilvl 61 and turn the ilvl61+ into essences because they do hold some value and are much easier to store en mass.

Actually, since the SSD got popular, I always uninstall a game when I am no longer playing it. Space is at a premium again!

Makes sense. I'm still stuck in the stone age with the ol' raptor. I never really filled it up though, but it's probably because I don't have a Steam account. :D

Items should just become bound to a character so that they cannot be recycled anymore. Once you equip an item it is forever bound to that character and can no longer be shared with any other character on your account or sold to a different account. The inventory system would need to be redone to have shared and character based stash tabs but that should be simple.

You are absolutely correct in saying that OK items are basically worthless now. They regularly sell for less than 10k and often even less than 5k. I usually don't bother with selling at all and just vendor everything below ilvl 61 and turn the ilvl61+ into essences because they do hold some value and are much easier to store en mass.

Yeah the problem with the current design philosophy is that it assumes that people will be playing regularly forever and even though upgrades will *still* come for a long time, it'll be at an increasingly slower rate. I think they felt that they only needed to worry when the market got flooded with extremely good gear (arbitrarily speaking, enough to faceroll Inferno), which hasn't happened yet, but people have been burning out before that happened. There needs to be a way to upgrade your power at a steady rate, in a predictable manner to go with the randomness with items. I don't care if its through perma stat upgrades, skill upgrades, item enchantments, or whole new items altogether. Being able to forsee progress is needed, IMO.

Last edited:
is it worth getting into as of now? i loved 1 and 2 but ive been scared to get into this cuz of the real cash economy and bugs and server issues...

as of today... worth it?

is it worth getting into as of now? i loved 1 and 2 but ive been scared to get into this cuz of the real cash economy and bugs and server issues...

as of today... worth it?

You'll get your money's worth IMO. With 5 classes, there's bound to be more than one class you get into. From there, you'll get plenty of hours in. There are a lot of D3 haters, but honestly, most end up getting a good bit of mileage out of the game. From there, you can continue you playing if you like, or put it away. Just remember, when D2 came out, it wasn't exactly that great right after launch either. People look at D2 through rose colored glasses, but forget that what they're actually describing was not vanilla D2. It was D2 after Lords of Destruction expansion pack came out, not to mention a helluva lot of patches. There were so many systems added to D2 post LoD that the game changed drastically. Runewords for one. Then a revamp of the set items.

D3 will age well. That's my theory at least. I don't play anywhere near as much as I did after launch, but I still log in for 30 min to an hour or so every few days. I have close to 400 hours played. 250ish alone on my main, about 120ish on my alt, and the rest spread among two other classes.

as of today... worth it?
Depends on how you define worth it.
Will be able to make $60 on the RMAH faster than you could make $60 IRL? Nah.

Honestly, I'd say for $60 it's not worth it, maybe for $20 it would be but knowing what I know now I'd pass on it even at $20. Diablo game play is what it is, there's nothing new there, the story line is short and contrived which makes it meaningless. The combat system favors key/mouse-button spamming and unless you are a masochist of some sort you will run with the cookie cutter build that pretty much everyone else is using. The game is not innovative in any way, it is a money grab by Blizzard.

However, if you like to gamble, you don't mind wasting your time on something that is extremely repetitive, not challenging, and very tedious, then this game is for you. If you look at the AH and you see those high end pieces of armor and you think to yourself that if you were to just do one more farming run to get one of them, then this game is for you.

If you can completely ignore the statistical odds (which are lower than you winning the Power Ball lottery) of you getting a multi-million piece of loot and just trust that that next run will net you that awesome piece, then D3 is for you.

At any given time ~1,000 players (most of which are bots) in public games believe the above to be true.

So no, it's really not worth it. Plenty of other, cheaper, and better games to play. The itemization is beyond terrible. Stay away.

You'll get your money's worth IMO. With 5 classes, there's bound to be more than one class you get into. From there, you'll get plenty of hours in. There are a lot of D3 haters, but honestly, most end up getting a good bit of mileage out of the game. From there, you can continue you playing if you like, or put it away. Just remember, when D2 came out, it wasn't exactly that great right after launch either. People look at D2 through rose colored glasses, but forget that what they're actually describing was not vanilla D2. It was D2 after Lords of Destruction expansion pack came out, not to mention a helluva lot of patches. There were so many systems added to D2 post LoD that the game changed drastically. Runewords for one. Then a revamp of the set items.

D3 will age well. That's my theory at least. I don't play anywhere near as much as I did after launch, but I still log in for 30 min to an hour or so every few days. I have close to 400 hours played. 250ish alone on my main, about 120ish on my alt, and the rest spread among two other classes.

D2 wasn't superior great when it first came out, but IT IS STILL GREAT...
It's completely incomparable with D3, which is ok at best.

There were quite a bit of complains about D2 when it first came out, but most of them are due to bugs, but D3 on the other hand is a complete different story. Too many game design problems, not to mention the worst story that have ever written by Blizzard.

Is it worth buying? maybe around 10 bucks....
I would rather spend money into Torchlight 1 than D3 at this point. Quite regret for spending 100 bucks on Collector editions...

getting burnt out, stuck on ghom inferno, from what i have read bliz made him harder after 1.0.3, correct?

ps anyone can help that would be great.

Loan me a weapon with 10AP on crit and 800LoH and then I might be able to help.

Barbs find it the easiest to kill him compared to other classes, BTW.

D2 really had two communities, classic and LOD. It wasn't just the xpac community.

I'm so sick and tired of people giving blizzard a break because "Diablo 2 wasnt great until LoD". Everything that made D2 great from the LoD expansion should absolutely be in a game that comes out after it. They spent way too much time trying to reinvent the wheel to simplify an already simple gametype to prevent cookie cutter builds and to open it up to more people.

In the end, you end up using cookie cutter builds and they removed the carrot and stick out of the gameplay. Leveling is almost pointless because you no longer get the physcological feedback of your character becoming stronger, just access to more useless runes. With the simplification of stats on loot combined with the drop rate, you no longer get excited about 99.99998% of drops. Not one single set item or legendary item dropped for me in about 80hrs of gameplay. I could play D2 and get a few set items on normal in a short time. Even if the set item was crappy, low level, and I didn't have the complete set, I still had the physological aspect of wanting to keep it for my next character.

You cant expect fans of the previous games to magically forget about the stuff that made those games great without pissing them off. Theres been several people I know IRL that have asked me about the game. They were mostly non-gamers but played and loved the previous games. I told them some of the differences, like the online only requirement, and that alone was enough for them not to purchase.

Saying all of that-I still play and like the game, but have the feeling of disappointment because it could have been so much more.

Finally beat the game on normal, but having a hard time forcing myself to play through again on the harder modes. From what I can tell, the monsters get a few more gimmicks and I guess the elite and yellow mobs are tougher with more abilities? Is there anything else to look forward to? Better looking gear maybe?

Wish I could just start off the new game by running Leah through but I guess that would make for a rather short and uninteresting story :rolleyes:

as of today... worth it?

Not really. For time played versus cost, I got my less than a $1/hour ratio, so I don't feel burned by Blizzard. I was expecting it to remain fun enough until GW2 came out though. I was basically bored with it after the second weekend.

The real money economy isn't a big deal, you can get to Act III inferno without without it. By that point, you'll be tired enough of the game.

Back