Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

rofl 35% crit... thats insane
There was a post I saw where some Wizard had 84k dps with 44% crit. He was playing a Disintegrate/Venom Hydra build with Critical Mass + Diamond skin, he said it was like being in Archon mode 24/7.

It is going up, big time. With the introdocution of the RMAH the value of gold has dropped significantly. At it's peak gold was going for $20/1mil now it's $2/1mil. Gear prices have also gone up on the AH. Everything is slowly becoming more expensive because people have figured out. Gear is just not worth grinding for.

Gold value is dropping because people have more of it, which is to be expected 1 month after launch. Gear actually retains its value (and in a lot of cases, increases) so it's actually better to farm gear than gold.

I was so looking forward to this game, I am at lvl 47 and have no inspiration to keep playing based on what everyone is saying. My time isn't worth what I could sell items for on the RMAH. I have a better chance at winning the lotto then finding an item that sells for a decent price.

Just keep playing, dude. I don't know why you let others influence your decisions with factually incorrect statements. I've seen that happen a lot in this thread.

I have watched gold prices creep up on certain items. Things like the Justice Lantern are double what they were a few weeks ago. Others have expanded in both directions - things like Helm of Command have a far lower minimum price now but a higher max on those with good rolls.

None of that stops people from blowing cash on items far in excess of $2/1mil. Just sold a wizard source that I bought for 100k for $30. 300ish damage, int, crit. And the cheapest I have paid for a Justice Lantern was 10k. :D

rofl 35% crit... thats insane

I think the max critical rate from gear is somewhere around 50% so its not that high.

That build is fun though, the funnest thing I have played out of my 3 60s - monk/wizard/wd. When you have 5 stacks of arcane dynamo (which you get constantly from Deep Cuts), plus 15% damage from frost nova, another 20% from time warp, then you do an Explosion and the ragdoll effect is goes crazy with gibs flying off-screen.

I think the max critical rate from gear is somewhere around 50% so its not that high.

Yeah, there is a player who streams on twich and he has a barb maxed out on crit chance I believe. He dual wields and his unbuffed damage is like 115K, I don't know what it is when Berserker and warcry are on but OMG. He pretty much stomps every pack I've seen him encounter. Its definitely on the glass cannon side of things but seriously when you're killing packs that fast, who cares. Oh yeah he's also one of those guys who crafts grand exalted items with 6 mods and he makes like 50 mill a day. Insane to watch imo.

poe said:
Action RPGs typically have three difficulty levels. The player plays through the game several times using the same character, with the challenge ramping up each time. Right back at the start of the project, we thought it would be a great idea to add a fourth difficulty level that was really challenging so that players would have something to aim to beat.

When we tested this, we found that players reacted really badly to a sudden brick wall of difficult content that they were unable to progress in. We tried changing it to a steady ramp of difficulty, but then players found isolated areas where the monster AI was more abusable and farmed those with specific builds to get rewards with little risk.
lol they took the time to test their game, and changed it based on the feedback. What a fucking concept.

lol they took the time to test their game, and changed it based on the feedback. What a fucking concept.

Haha, very true. I guess you could say Blizz does the same thing, just after it releases and then endlessly patch it. They just have a bigger audience to serve them hate and feedback with as opposed to PoE's closed beta audience.

I'm pretty sure I've now hit the wall in A3 using DW Monk. I can kill stuff but it's at a fairly slow rate and my rate of death is much higher than norm, 1-3 times vs 0 in A2.

I don't want to go 1h/shield but it might be my only option unless I farm outrageous gear. I think my weapons are my weak point as they are fairly low dps, 695/606 so that needs to be bumped up. :(

The good news is my barb friend and I can farm together in A2 and steam roll it. Belial consisted of me standing still 95% of the time and we only had 2 explosion phases. :D

So glad I rerolled from my Wiz/DH/WD. (Though that melee tank wiz build looks fun...just need to grind the gear for it)

I'm pretty sure I've now hit the wall in A3 using DW Monk. I can kill stuff but it's at a fairly slow rate and my rate of death is much higher than norm, 1-3 times vs 0 in A2.

I don't want to go 1h/shield but it might be my only option unless I farm outrageous gear. I think my weapons are my weak point as they are fairly low dps, 695/606 so that needs to be bumped up. :(

The good news is my barb friend and I can farm together in A2 and steam roll it. Belial consisted of me standing still 95% of the time and we only had 2 explosion phases. :D

So glad I rerolled from my Wiz/DH/WD. (Though that melee tank wiz build looks fun...just need to grind the gear for it)

Yup, you probably just need some 800+ dps weapons. I probably should have kept it, but sold a 875 dps spear with 3% dmg to life last night for a good chunk of gold.

I'm starting to think that NV should have been about half as effective and gear stats be 15% more useful/interesting... You go lvl 1-59 saying "shit, loot is sparse and sorta bad" to "WTF not enough stash tabs to hold all of this boring shit" at 60.

There was a post I saw where some Wizard had 84k dps with 44% crit. He was playing a Disintegrate/Venom Hydra build with Critical Mass + Diamond skin, he said it was like being in Archon mode 24/7.

that sounds fucking awesome. hahahah

I'm starting to think that NV should have been about half as effective and gear stats be 15% more useful/interesting... You go lvl 1-59 saying "shit, loot is sparse and sorta bad" to "WTF not enough stash tabs to hold all of this boring shit" at 60.

QFT

It's pretty annoying holding onto these items that look good, only to find at the AH they're worth 3000 gold, if that.

Such a waste of time!! :mad:

Yup, you probably just need some 800+ dps weapons. I probably should have kept it, but sold a 875 dps spear with 3% dmg to life last night for a good chunk of gold.

amen dude.

if its not ilvl62-63 i know its gonna be garbage..

actually all the ilvl63 shit ive found is garbage too

There are lots of good gear in the lower ilvls. A lot of my gear isn't ilvl 63. The only time it's truly essential to be ilvl 63 is weapons, although I've seen some sick ilvl 62's that got amazing rolls.

Yea I'm already at 16k DPS with my weapons and clearing isn't really a problem, it's just slow and certain champ mobs I die to because teh damage over time > time it takes for me to kill them in A3.

I mean, you can make generalizations like that but you have to take a step back and analyze it on a larger scale.

Clearly if everyone simply bought items through RMAH (and didn't farm) or just grinded gold (without grinding gear), prices would increase incredibly for actual gear since gear supply would be incredibly low. Thus, it would be beneficial to grind gear again since gear is now worth a butt load (real $$ or otherwise).

You say that the value of gold has dropped significantly yet simultaneously say it's better to farm gold... which is it? Gold that holds less value is not worthwhile to farm, get it? A lot of conflicting statements here.

Not conflicting, gold has lost it's value but it's still worth farming it rather than actually attempting to find useable gear. Progressing Act2 Inferno is nearly impossible with the gear you find normally. I would have to run Act 1 a hundred times to get 1 piece of gear worth using to beat Act 2. About 15 minutes, 500K gold on the AH and a few hundred resistance points later and Act 2 becomes a piece of cake. It's kind of lame that I hit this invisible economic wall that is artificially created by Blizzard. Me and my friends want to progress but can't because with 4 players the mobs just have way too much HP and the enrage fucks us up. We take 5-10 minutes just killing one pack of elites. Yet my Barbarian can solo through Inferno rather easily because my DPS makes up for lack of long term survival. But I rather socialize than to just clear the game myself and call it done.

There are lots of good gear in the lower ilvls. A lot of my gear isn't ilvl 63. The only time it's truly essential to be ilvl 63 is weapons, although I've seen some sick ilvl 62's that got amazing rolls.

Yea, most of my gear is 61-62, really. I was more commenting about how MF + 5 stack NV tends to toss a massive amount of rares at you compared to the lack of loot you saw previous to lvl 60. I'd reduce the MF % 5 stacks give you by half, and just itemize a little better.

Not conflicting, gold has lost it's value but it's still worth farming it rather than actually attempting to find useable gear. Progressing Act2 Inferno is nearly impossible with the gear you find normally. I would have to run Act 1 a hundred times to get 1 piece of gear worth using to beat Act 2. About 15 minutes, 500K gold on the AH and a few hundred resistance points later and Act 2 becomes a piece of cake. It's kind of lame that I hit this invisible economic wall that is artificially created by Blizzard. Me and my friends want to progress but can't because with 4 players the mobs just have way too much HP and the enrage fucks us up. We take 5-10 minutes just killing one pack of elites. Yet my Barbarian can solo through Inferno rather easily because my DPS makes up for lack of long term survival. But I rather socialize than to just clear the game myself and call it done.

I think you're confusing farming for your own gear vs. farming for gear then selling the drops on the AH. And again, you say gold is devaluing (aka prices are inflating) yet simultaneously say it's cheap to get gear from the AH. Most people who complain about hyper inflation are pointing at the best gear that go for tens of millions and don't stop to look at how accessible decent gear is now.

They've nerfed how strong mobs are in group play. Yes they have a little bit more than 4x the HP with 4 players, but I'd point to individuals not pulling their weight before declaring that group play is broken.

We progressed through all of inferno as a group before they nerfed mob scaling in groups.

Here's the 200k Act 2 challenge (follow up to the 500k Act 1 challenge): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEoUKqg6SdA&feature=youtu.be

I think you're confusing farming for your own gear vs. farming for gear then selling the drops on the AH. And again, you say gold is devaluing (aka prices are inflating) yet simultaneously say it's cheap to get gear from the AH. Most people who complain about hyper inflation are pointing at the best gear that go for tens of millions and don't stop to look at how accessible decent gear is now.

They've nerfed how strong mobs are in group play. Yes they have a little bit more than 4x the HP with 4 players, but I'd point to individuals not pulling their weight before declaring that group play is broken.

We progressed through all of inferno as a group before they nerfed mob scaling in groups.

Here's the 200k Act 2 challenge (follow up to the 500k Act 1 challenge): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEoUKqg6SdA&feature=youtu.be

Nice, I liked that first one you posted. But just for the sake of arguing I'll bite. I don't think it's a fair 1:1 comparison. Meaning, he is not the same player he was when he first reached lvl 60. He's obvioulsy got a plethora of knowledge now having gone far beyond the skill of a new lvl 60 entering act 1 inferno for the first time. But I see his point, he is just coming off a little arrogant like, "look how easy it is". That's kind of like LeBron James going up to some fresh drafted rookie and saying, "No, not like that, do it like this."

I'm not trying to imply that playing D3 is as hard as being a pro NBA player, nor is it rocket science, it's 13 item slots, that you have to manage (w/ mods of course), along with skills I guess you could throw in there.

Does D3 support player-created mods?

Short answer is no.

However I guess it depends on what you had in mind. Like the Dark3d pixel shader mod is not bannable because it doesn't allow you to cheat in any way, just makes the game look different. But it is certainly a player created mod.

Strange that they have such robust support for World of Warcraft in terms of Lua-based UI mods and such and offer no such support for Diablo 3. Why is that?

Strange that they have such robust support for World of Warcraft in terms of Lua-based UI mods and such and offer no such support for Diablo 3. Why is that?

No idea, but mods would be tits in this game.

Nice, I liked that first one you posted. But just for the sake of arguing I'll bite. I don't think it's a fair 1:1 comparison. Meaning, he is not the same player he was when he first reached lvl 60. He's obvioulsy got a plethora of knowledge now having gone far beyond the skill of a new lvl 60 entering act 1 inferno for the first time. But I see his point, he is just coming off a little arrogant like, "look how easy it is". That's kind of like LeBron James going up to some fresh drafted rookie and saying, "No, not like that, do it like this."

I'm not trying to imply that playing D3 is as hard as being a pro NBA player, nor is it rocket science, it's 13 item slots, that you have to manage (w/ mods of course), along with skills I guess you could throw in there.

Yes, I actually posted a similar comment in the youtube video. While new level 60's certainly don't lack gold to get through act 1/2 now, they likely lack itemization knowledge and some gameplay mentality.

But it does give players the idea that if they can't accomplish something in the game, it may be too hasty to jump to the conclusion that you need 50 million gold to do it. Most players ignore their own play and immediately blame gear / lack of gold / lack of drops.

FYI, someone did a 120k gold Wizard Act 1 challenge and someone else is working on a 1 million gold Barbarian Act 3/4 challenge (I'm interested in this one).

Yes, I actually posted a similar comment in the youtube video. While new level 60's certainly don't lack gold to get through act 1/2 now, they likely lack itemization knowledge and some gameplay mentality.

But it does give players the idea that if they can't accomplish something in the game, it may be too hasty to jump to the conclusion that you need 50 million gold to do it. Most players ignore their own play and immediately blame gear / lack of gold / lack of drops.

FYI, someone did a 120k gold Wizard Act 1 challenge and someone else is working on a 1 million gold Barbarian Act 3/4 challenge (I'm interested in this one).

Nice, yeah those other two would be interesting to see.

I'm interested in decking out my character with the HIGHEST/BEST possible items in EVERY slot. How much gold do you think that would cost or how much farming would that take?'

EDIT: I actually read that comment before your response on here and the username was HydraliskX or something like that and I thought it might of been you. Lol

BiS items in every slot would be (very rough estimate, but I'm assuming ~20m per armor slot and 100m for weapon) at least 340m.

Act1/2 drops are a joke, everything is in the 300-600 DPS range which sells for peanuts, I did get lucky and find a pair of Crit Damage/Chance Intel gloves while farming that I sold for 6mil lucky me. Unfortunately it's too little too far in between. I think Blizzard went into this game with WOW levels of intention. I stopped playing WOW for the same reason, too much time for too little reward.

Act1/2 drops are a joke, everything is in the 300-600 DPS range which sells for peanuts, I did get lucky and find a pair of Crit Damage/Chance Intel gloves while farming that I sold for 6mil lucky me. Unfortunately it's too little too far in between. I think Blizzard went into this game with WOW levels of intention. I stopped playing WOW for the same reason, too much time for too little reward.

Well...RNG is RNG......I've had shit luck with a1/a2 in terms of REALLY good item drops but I've seen plenty of 800/900/1k dps weapons.

Keep in mind that the ilvl63 drop rate in A1 is like what, 2%?

I really am interested about the wizard and barb limited money builds..

my friend was a fresh 60 i found all kinds of shit for him at lvl 60.. got him to 25k dps and 300 resists for like 200-300k was pretty easy

Well...RNG is RNG......I've had shit luck with a1/a2 in terms of REALLY good item drops but I've seen plenty of 800/900/1k dps weapons.

Keep in mind that the ilvl63 drop rate in A1 is like what, 2%?

yeah people dont think that extra 2% in Act 2 is significant but it is... i wish i was farming act 3 though fuck.

yeah people dont think that extra 2% in Act 2 is significant but it is... i wish i was farming act 3 though fuck.

Indeed. Think of it as essentially doubling your chances, or even +100% "magic find" lol.

I'm thinking of trying Act II now. Act I is way too easy but Act III is a chore to even stack 5 NV (for me at least). I still have nightmares of struggling to get out of the canyon in the beginning of Act II from way back. Idk why it bothers me more than Act III does, which I farm semi-regularly.

They didn't want custom UIs to significantly influence the development of the game. WoW has a history of custom UIs making tough situations easier and thus became "mandatory" for raiders to use. This lead to them developing harder encounters with UIs in mind to keep things difficult. It was unfair for those who don't use custom UIs often, so some features were implemented into the default UI. Basically, it's a big mess and D3 keeps things tidier.

Indeed. Think of it as essentially doubling your chances, or even +100% "magic find" lol.

I'm thinking of trying Act II now. Act I is way too easy but Act III is a chore to even stack 5 NV (for me at least). I still have nightmares of struggling to get out of the canyon in the beginning of Act II from way back. Idk why it bothers me more than Act III does, which I farm semi-regularly.

They didn't want custom UIs to significantly influence the development of the game. WoW has a history of custom UIs making tough situations easier and thus became "mandatory" for raiders to use. This lead to them developing harder encounters with UIs in mind to keep things difficult. It was unfair for those who don't use custom UIs often, so some features were implemented into the default UI. Basically, it's a big mess and D3 keeps things tidier.

exactly.. it also makes the community significantly less friendly.. look at what damage meters did to raids :(

I was always pretty good at wow especially pre lich king ( fuck that expo ) but man i hated all the shit you had to have for fucking raids

Well I'm pretty bored so I'm uninstalling D3. GL to those that still play!

Same. When the game is polished and refined (or should I say, actually finished :p ), maybe even expanded, I may return but until then its time for a looong break from Diablo. Definetly got my moneys worth though. Despite its problems it was a good game.

Now comes the wait for the expansion / Diablo 4.

hopefully they add two classes.. they said diablo trilogy has ended

but that the sanctuary world is still alive so i hope they do something cool with the next one like the sin wars or some shit

Now comes the wait for the expansion / Diablo 4.

The Blizzard of now is clearly not the Blizzard of the past. It's pretty obvious they have changed alot. I think i've lost all anticipation of Blizzard games in the future.

Folks, just a reminder that this thread is for discussion of Diablo 3. If you want to compare/contrast it and Path of Exile, you may do so HERE.

Back