Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

i hope its almost impossible and its not cleared until the day before diablo 4 comes out.

Just heard how Blizzard set the difficulty for Inferno in D3. They take their best in house D3 players, and attune Inferno to where the best 4 players can barely beat a boss. Then when D3 launches, they're going to double the difficulty of Inferno. This will ensure that no one will beat it for a while, barring godly players.

well atleast it isn't the same difficulty through out ..

act 1 monsters lvl 61
act 2 lvl 62
act 3 + 4 63 :D

Another build based on max fury all the time. Use a mace/axe for extra crit chance, Use Overpower when available, use revenge when it procs, spam cleave, keep up Battle Rage and Wrath of Bersker. Since cleave hits everything, you should be getting a lot of crits, which just makes things better. Should be massive AoE damage. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bQViXP!ZYc!aZZcYc

Grab a 2H axe/mace:

+10% crit for 6 seconds after using Overpower
+10% crit for 12 seconds after using Revenge
+10% crit using Maces/Axes
+10% crit from Wrath of the Berserker
+5% crit from Ruthless
+3% crit from Battle Rage
Total= +48% crit. May be too much crit, if that's possible, not sure if any of the things that proc on crit have an internal cooldown.

Crit damage is 50% more from Ruthless
Every crit has chance to lower cooldown on Overpower
Every crit causes an explosion of blood from bloodshed rune.
Everything that dies from Cleave explodes and does 85% weapon damage.

Not sure how Thrive on Chaos works if you are at max fury. If you are at max fury will the 5 fury that cleave is supposed to generate count towards the 25 fury needed to extend the duration of Wrath of the Bersker? Also having extra 20% dodge from Wrath of Bersker might be bad as getting hit is what procs revenge, which in this build is your hardest hitting ability.

Another thought, while I would lose crit chance by 20%, revenge would proc more often and is the hardest hitting move. It offers more support, 40% more armor, decreases damage taken by 20%, makes enemies more likely to drop treasure. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bQVigk!ZYc!aZZcba

Last edited:
Serious organizational proposal alert.

Anybody want to team up to share crafting by pooling gold to level up a designated blacksmith? Figure if we have 5-6 players working together to prop up one guy's blacksmith and that guy then crafting for them (with the mats they bring him), it could be a huge saver at the start and make things run smoothly through Hell probably, all the way up to 60.

Serious organizational proposal alert.

Anybody want to team up to share crafting by pooling gold to level up a designated blacksmith? Figure if we have 5-6 players working together to prop up one guy's blacksmith and that guy then crafting for them (with the mats they bring him), it could be a huge saver at the start and make things run smoothly through Hell probably, all the way up to 60.

Huge caution as well, I mean.. I probably trust most users here at [H] but there could potentially be some shady acts. Also, what if you wanted to craft but the user isn't online? That would SUCK.

Heh, see (four posts above mine)? The game isn't even out yet and builds are coming to fruition. :p

Huge caution as well, I mean.. I probably trust most users here at [H] but there could potentially be some shady acts. Also, what if you wanted to craft but the user isn't online? That would SUCK.

Yeah, without a robust guild system, I wouldn't trust anyone. :D

in the beta i had my blacksmith leveled pretty easily he could craft things for several levels higher than i was... I was lvl 10 and I was creating lvl 17 items

in the beta i had my blacksmith leveled pretty easily he could craft things for several levels higher than i was... I was lvl 10 and I was creating lvl 17 items

Same here but I'm guessing that slows down dramatically in later levels. I realize that comparing wow crafting to D3 crafting isn't really useful but for example, leveling wow bsmithing is relatively easy until you're making high level items. Then it cots an arm and a leg for mats to make shit that isn't all that kewl.

Same here but I'm guessing that slows down dramatically in later levels.

That, plus even though my blacksmith was ahead of me a bit in the beta as well, I didn't have enough gold to try multiple rolls on an item. And I certainly had to choose which item to even attempt to roll. I felt like was constricted by gold much more than mats. At the end of the beta I was sitting on almost two full stacks of blue mats with no gold to my name!

I hear you guys on the trust issue, which is kind of sad when you consider that we've been posting away here for so many years, and I'm not necessarily suggesting everyone donating all their gold to a single person. I think this could be turned into a fairly safe, mutually beneficial arrangement. Something like a service, where the designated smith would agree to craft for the others using the resources they bring to him, and they would give him some bonus gold on top of what was used for crafting. With a couple of "clients", the smith would be able to craft a lot more for himself as well as power the artisan pretty well I think, while the clients would get that item they need with a much smaller overhead.

We would just need a person who will be on a lot, who really likes crafting and wouldn't mind spending a few minutes here and there doing this for several people.

Why prop up one person's blacksmith for co-op? The way the game works, if i level up my BS on one character, he's that level on all characters once they unlock him. No matter if it's a single player or co-op character.

I'd rather put money in to my crafting NPCs so it benefits all of my characters.

Just heard how Blizzard set the difficulty for Inferno in D3. They take their best in house D3 players, and attune Inferno to where the best 4 players can barely beat a boss. Then when D3 launches, they're going to double the difficulty of Inferno. This will ensure that no one will beat it for a while, barring godly players.

Oh gez if this is how the game works, im going to demand my money back. There was something about D2 i liked, and that was consistency.

The one thing i hated about WoW? The Hand-Of-God effect. I hated feeling like at any moment the world could be changed by some unseen being (devs) to suit it to there business needs. Im no RP'r or anything but that really killed the mood of my game.

Don't want players to beat your content faster than you can create it? Make it too hard!

Oh! Is it time to let players beat this stuff now? Lets give everyone a buff in health and damage every week until it stacks up to 30%!

I want the game made, to work, and thats it. It should stay the same difficulty, ALWAYS!

Its just gold savings. If you are going through the game with three friends, you can each spend half a mil on redundant BS upgrades, or ~100k each if you split it. If you are doing this, you might as well pool crafting resources too and forge multiples of each item, then pass out to whoever can best use the random stats. And hope the crafter doesn't go sell them for cash!

Is anyone going straight for HC mode after getting level 10? Thats one hell of a way to play through a game for the first time. :D

Oh! Is it time to let players beat this stuff now? Lets give everyone a buff in health and damage every week until it stacks up to 30%!

I want the game made, to work, and thats it. It should stay the same difficulty, ALWAYS!

All comes down to lazy developers who dont' want to take the time to truely balance their game.

Gear checks are retarded.

Its just gold savings. If you are going through the game with three friends, you can each spend half a mil on redundant BS upgrades, or ~100k each if you split it. If you are doing this, you might as well pool crafting resources too and forge multiples of each item, then pass out to whoever can best use the random stats. And hope the crafter doesn't go sell them for cash!

Is anyone going straight for HC mode after getting level 10? Thats one hell of a way to play through a game for the first time. :D

Hah, could view it as some real "hardcore" training. Im sure normal mode would feel like a sinch after going through HC.

What would be the best drivers for Amd Ati users since 12.4v dont work with retail?

i havnt looked at all the classes skills in detail, but glancing over the monk skills it looks like they were built for hardcore. alot of healing options and if you get hit by a killing blow you are brought back to 35% health

i havnt looked at all the classes skills in detail, but glancing over the monk skills it looks like they were built for hardcore. alot of healing options and if you get hit by a killing blow you are brought back to 35% health

Then playing a monk in HC is hardly hardcore :D

o.m.f.g.

It will be interesting to see the scaling of your HP at lvl 60

how can you survive a hit from that Armaddon when it hits for 170k damage you would need so much damage resistance

Running into those monsters is going to suuuuck. I better have Hodor The Barbarian dual wielding some chainsaws by that point.

Lol Super.

All these numbers are for single player btw. With 4 players the numbers will increase by more than 4.

The gear scaling will probably quite large towards the end. In the case of the 170k guy, his attacks are probably telegraphed. ie. you can see it coming, if you get hit by it you are dead kind of thing. The other monsters hit for much less, but still a shitload.

There are alot of random events / dungeons you can find that will not always be in there. It will take quite a few runs to have a chance to see them all.

they say there is no cow level, but they dont mention goats or chickens

those look like the normal types of armor not counting unique named sets.

Back