Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Some builds require it, mostly used with Endless walk set, F/R sets do not use Unity.

I digress though, I am at the limit of my monk knowledge, I only ever used monk for WoL farming build, never used her to push anything.

Some builds require it, mostly used with Endless walk set, F/R sets do not use Unity.

I digress though, I am at the limit of my monk knowledge, I only ever used monk for WoL farming build, never used her to push anything.

I have the Endless Walk set, absolutely zero luck on Unity rings though. Pretty sure I have four of every other ring, including four of the one in the EW set.

I guess I'll just die the 3-4 times per GR60, it's not making me fail them or anything. But I don't see progressing further a possibility without two Unity rings.

I use Focus Restraint.

If you're doing Grifts with a group and you're the tank I could potentially see you guys utilizing Unity. Thats about it. You lose so much damage going Unity in my opinion.

I just checked your guy again PiERiT. You still don't have a single Ancient item. You're not gonna get much higher without them. I'd be happy you're even as high as you are with your guy to be honest.

There's a few different ways you can go about trying to get Ancient items. If you know you're looking for a specific piece you can buy the lvl70 rare version at the blacksmith and then use the Horadric Cube to make it into an Legendary and hope its Ancient. Gambling works too, if you're lucky. You should be getting right under 200 blood shards per normal rift run.

Last edited:
Also for groups once you start doing seriously high Grifts....usually you have a Witch Doctor or Monk who are Zero DPS builds. Meaning, all they do is basically freeze all the enemy units and put debuffs on them.

I've just been doing solo. And yeah I need some ancients, gotten quite a few now but none of the ones I need.

Last edited:
You can consider using a farming build (WoL is a personal fav of mine for monk) to farm T10 Normal rifts for DB's, and use those to upgrade weapon rares to get the ancient that you want.

EG if you need ancient Daibo, upgrade rare Daibo's using the cube.

I've been doing that, but for the Unity ring. Damage isn't my issue in GRs, surviving is, so I figured that would help me the most compared to small stat boosts on ancient items.

I can't even count how many DBs and blood shards I've blown though, and I need two of the damn things, so maybe it's time to switch to that and hope Unity drops normally some day.

Not sure how many rolls I did on this weapon, but it is now up to 11.3 million per roll.
And I've used almost 5000 DB's converting rares in the cube in the past week, lol.
Screenshot296.jpg

Still needs to research into Necros, I assume that is a generator build of some kind, judging by the weapon's effects and your Aquila's Cuirass cube?

Still needs to research into Necros, I assume that is a generator build of some kind, judging by the weapon's effects and your Aquila's Cuirass cube?
This build using no Essence so your essence is always topped up. The secondary stat on that weapon isn't used since you aren't using Bone Spikes.

Most of the damage is done by your primary, Grim Scythe with Corpse Lance as single target damage.
I think it's the strongest Necro build right now. The set used is Inarius.
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zepher-1253/hero/91353912

Oh, the belt I am wearing is for speed grifting, normally you wear the Dayntees Belt for damage reduction with Decrepify.

I'm way late to the party but I finally picked up ROS about a week ago. The Paladin was my favorite class in D2 so I have been having fun playing the Crusader in D3. I cant wait for the new season to start so I can give that a try.

The Seeker of light set from Sader plays a little bit like Hammerdin, with Falling sword as your 'teleport' into middle of an enemy pack and spam hammers, quite literally, as you have a weapon that increases the attack speed of your hammers by 100%.

^I finally got my second a minute ago, promptly did GR62 in 6 minutes with zero deaths. I was previously doing GR60 in 10 minutes with 3-4 deaths. Those damn rings should be more common for how essential they are.

Problem is I kinda don't want to play anymore. :( Getting 'perfect' gear, or what some guide online told me was perfect, was a fun goal to have, but doing it again with items that are 10x as rare doesn't sound fun at all.

Last edited:
I haven't played NON-HC in Diablo 3 in forever. Might have to testing out the Necromancer when I finally decide to pick it up. Seems like some of the builds are a tad squishy.

As much as I loved PoE, the map system and Grift system are not that different in terms in its actual implementation (you grind maps to do more maps, just like you grind grift to do higher level grift), with its own what I consider flaws. The mapstone drop system is much less likeable in my opinion than Grifts, because your map progression is entirely dictated by the maps you get as drops, unless you want to go shopping for them. At least on Grifts, I can choose my own difficulty, rather than having some item (or lack thereof) preventing me from doing so. I lost count how many times I couldn't progress through the atlas because the map stones simply refused to drop for me, and after a while, it just got old and I couldn't bring myself to grind anymore. I was hoping I'd have the motivation to at least meet the end game boss (Map maker guy, I can't remember its name), but after I think the 5th time the game stopped me from progressing as my last high tiered map gave me no maps and my next map was 3 tiers under, I quit the season.

For all the praise it got, the map system is really just the same thing different skin, so for a game that has been touted as the D3 killer, I expected something more than that, unfortunately I found it rather disappointing. PoE certainly isn't as bad as I made it out to be, and I enjoyed every minute of it up until I reached the maps, then it went downhill from there.

I'd go back and play 3.0 at least once, but how far will I progress through it, I have no idea, especially if the end game is same as before (I haven't looked a lot into 3.0 apart from the unified difficulty, since my attention is now completely off ARPG's).

So for what they are, I enjoy both D3 and PoE, but for actual 100 hour binges, PoE doesn't have enough to hold me for that long. D2 and even D3 does a better job at it.

I'm surprised to hear that, I was always kind of anti-POE because I'm such a huge fan of Blizzard games, but I tried POE due to pressure from a good friend of mine. I think the map system in way better than Grifts. Grifts have no boss fight variety, and never feels like you're working toward anything other than getting levels on a gem. The idea of making your way to Atziri and Shaper makes the goal of Maps seem so much more rewarding to me than just constantly grinding rifts/grifts for better rolls of the same gear/grinding gems. I actually am starting to like the gameplay of POE a bit more than Diablo 3 as well, it feels really fast and satisfying once you get a couple ascendancy points. I honestly think sets kind of ruined the game for me, being pigeon holed into just getting the same damn things over and over again with bigger stats just bummed me out. The economy of POE is pretty much unparalleled in my opinion, trading is so easy and when you get an end game item or pay for it, it feels so rewarding. Like I didn't ever find my Abyssus I'm using on my ground slam stunner character, but I traded for 40 or so Chaos to nab it on poe.trade and it felt so good. Diablo 3's loot system just doesn't do it for me, everything is too spelled out and built into sets. I also like finding higher difficulty maps or having them drop as currency, it felt good when you unlocked a higher level and beat it. The whole torment scaling just doesn't work for me, I want my character to be good enough for Torment XIII and hitting grifts 70+ for gems and that's basically it. Selecting difficulty at a whim makes it worse in my opinion, you always want to be at the highest difficulty you can manage anyway.

I wouldn't call it a Diablo killer, but in terms of economy, content, build diversity, the flask system, rare's being some of the best items in the game along with unique instead of just sets, I think it wins overall. It just doesn't have the production value that Blizzard can bring to the table. Diablo 3 only hold my attention to about GR 80 on a character and i'm out. Depending on the class that can take only a couple weeks.

It's time for a new ARPG game with better visuals.
Diablo 3 is outdated, I have played the crap out of Grim Dawn, PoE I did finish but it never really caught my interest for very long. The characters are way too ugly.
Wolcen however is showing potential, the game is absolutely gorgeous, but it has plenty of work left in it.

I tried giving PoE a try, I really did but like Nebell I find the characters just horrendous and the grind tedious at best.

This build using no Essence so your essence is always topped up. The secondary stat on that weapon isn't used since you aren't using Bone Spikes.

Most of the damage is done by your primary, Grim Scythe with Corpse Lance as single target damage.
I think it's the strongest Necro build right now. The set used is Inarius.

Oh, the belt I am wearing is for speed grifting, normally you wear the Dayntees Belt for damage reduction with Decrepify.
I'm using the same build and was able to solo GR65 with no problems. I just have to work on building up my Paragon points.

Now I remember why I hate Path of Exile. Holding your mouse to autoattack enemies doesn't work. When the target is dead and you mouse over the next enemy, the character just runs around like a headless chicken. Stupid as fuck.

I was looking through some of my older images and came across this one that shows the Greater Rift Stones with levels on them, totally forgot that that is how it used to be to choose the level you wanted to run, lol.
d3-8million-dps.jpg

I still have a whole page of my stash saved with original Legendary items from the first month the game came out! Back then I was collecting them to eventually have one of each legendary in my stash.

Back in the days when Sunkeeper and Echoing Fury were THE only worthwhile weapons for melee.

Zepher getting shaky yet? Hey btw, are you in the [H] clan? I'm just curious since I'm on a lot and like to see where I'm at compared to others.

Zepher getting shaky yet? Hey btw, are you in the [H] clan? I'm just curious since I'm on a lot and like to see where I'm at compared to others.
I switched over to the OCN clan a couple of years ago since the H clan wasn't very active.
Zepher#1253 is my BN account feel free to add me.

If anyone is around GR68 wants to play a bit, my tag is PiERiT#1743. I should be on late tomorrow.

Last edited:
I think I'll join you guys for a bit next season, going to wait until they nerf the shit out of the necromancer. It'll be a fun time jamming that and fall of oriath. Should happen around the same time.

Ran around with Zepher for a bit and raided treasure rooms. Crazy loot was dropped! My tag is Stryderxx#1390 is you want to add me to your friends list.

Same, that was fun. Thanks guys.

What spec were you two running? I just got 6pc Inarius on my Necro and the bone storm build is a lot of fun. Reminds me of a Druid in D2.

Ran around with Zepher for a bit and raided treasure rooms. Crazy loot was dropped! My tag is Stryderxx#1390 is you want to add me to your friends list.
Same, that was fun. Thanks guys.

What spec were you two running? I just got 6pc Inarius on my Necro and the bone storm build is a lot of fun. Reminds me of a Druid in D2.

Can't remember who mentioned my Necro looks like Mercy, but look up a few posts at the image I posted a few days ago.

This is my build, https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zepher-1253/hero/91353912
I was running my Witching Hour belt and Nemesis Bracers with you guys since we weren't doing 70+ GRifts.

Cool, thanks. I am running something very similar, I think just the Bone Armor rune is different and I'm missing the ring and bracers yet.

And is it me or is Corpse Lance during Land of the Dead broken? It seems like it deals far less damage during that than it does outside of it.

Edit: Nope, turns out I'm just a moron and wasn't in melee range to apply the 2750% damage buff from bone shield.

Last edited:
I was trying Rathmas set and have a hard time with T13. I just keep dying all the time.

Inarius builds have a crazy amount of toughness, I'd try that if you have the set. Or you can try to get a couple Unity rings if you don't already. Cube one and put the other on your follower. It was pretty much required on my Monk for T13/GR60.

I like the Necro playstyle more than the Monk, though I can only muster ~GR55 compared to GR69. I think I'll try something else Thursday when the new season starts, maybe a Barb or DH.

Inarius builds have a crazy amount of toughness, I'd try that if you have the set. Or you can try to get a couple Unity rings if you don't already. Cube one and put the other on your follower. It was pretty much required on my Monk for T13/GR60.

I like the Necro playstyle more than the Monk, though I can only muster ~GR55 compared to GR69. I think I'll try something else Thursday when the new season starts, maybe a Barb or DH.
Zepher was running Inarius with me. He must be trying a different build. Inarius with the 6 piece bonus has over 100 million toughness once bone armor is at 15 stacks with the Wisdom of Kalan.

Zepher was running Inarius with me. He must be trying a different build. Inarius with the 6 piece bonus has over 100 million toughness once bone armor is at 15 stacks with the Wisdom of Kalan.

I was running Inarius with both of you guys, I was just trying the Rathmas set to see how it feels. I probably don't have it configured correctly. I was just button spamming and dying all over the place, lol.

I solo'd a 75 with no real issues last week,
Screenshot294.jpg

Back