Development Thread for ATI overclocking tool - v0.0.19 out

w1zzard i think you should include the following things in the logfile that atitool generates

length of time test run for
max speeds that occured error free for say ten minutes
avergage fps generated for the test
max core temperatures recorded (xt only)

and i'm sure i'll think of a few otheres but those are the obvious ones.

How long does everyone let this thing run for? I let it run for about 10-15 minutes for finding the core/mem and it came out to be 540/330(660) for my 9600XT. That seems good to be.. Although this is my first time doing this, without breaking my computer.. lol
Im gonna let 3DMark03 loop while Im at school.. If my clocks arent stable and I let it loop that long unattained, will it break anything? Or should I only loop it while Im home?
Thanks.
-EDIT-
Wow, either my computer sucks bad.. or I messed something up.. with a 2.4ghz P4 C my 9600XT and gb of PC3200 ram I scored 2551 3dmarks in 3dmark03.. Im not sure on to whats good and whats bad, but that seems low lol.

Originally posted by Zallek
Wow, either my computer sucks bad.. or I messed something up.. with a 2.4ghz P4 C my 9600XT and gb of PC3200 ram I scored 2551 3dmarks in 3dmark03.. Im not sure on to whats good and whats bad, but that seems low lol.

With a score THAT insanely low I can basically gaurantee you that you've got AA, AF, or vsync enabled there my friend.....there's no way in hell you'd be scoring that low otherwise.

EDIT: Downloading version 0.0.18 now

Thanks for such a great program....

This thing got my card from running at 165mem and core to running at 218core/209mem ! Did some incredible things for me in 3dmark (25% increase in score).

Could you maybe implement something that detects when the numbers stabilize somewhat and when there are not artifacts, so maybe the program would be able to figure out that its done when it reaches the best overclock? That way, you could o/c core and then move on to memory, eventually going for a 1 button overclock. It would probably be best not to change what you have now with the separate core/mem buttons, but to probably add this on as another feature.

Great program, great idea, well done.

How long does everyone let this thing run for? I let it run for about 10-15 minutes for finding the core/mem and it came out to be 540/330(660) for my 9600XT. That seems good to be.. Although this is my first time doing this, without breaking my computer.. lol
Im gonna let 3DMark03 loop while Im at school.. If my clocks arent stable and I let it loop that long unattained, will it break anything? Or should I only loop it while Im home?
Thanks.
-EDIT-

is your card oc'd? if so, yes...like was said before, check your driver settings. If not, check them anyway. Stock speeds on my 9600xt get me in the 3800-4000 range. oc'd to the speeds in my sig get me in the 4800 range.

that is with aa and af off, and the other settings to performance. when I enable those to default (quality) and aa and af I get about a 500-700 point hit in performance.

however, that's with 3dmark03...which in my opinion kinda sucks. I play most of my games at 1280x1024 2xaa, 16xaf and texture settings on quality and they run perfectly smooth in my eyes....but everyone's different. I could care less if I don't get 200fps in everything...hell, I'm happy with 40-50 most of the time.

Yeah, Im not really picky on FPS really.. I was just gonna loop 3dmark03 for awhile to see if my oc was stable, and yes, my card is overclocked to 540/330 over stock which is 500/300. And yeah, I had vsync on and 4xaa and 16xaf.. lol, I'll turn those off..

-EDIT-
Yeah, I turned off my aa.. which was actually at 8x lol, and my 16xaf and turned vsync off.. now Im scoring a little over 6k 3dmarks with my overclock.

guys...
I just downloaded ATITool and uninstalled Radclocker. which I was using before.....

so I launched it and tried Find MAX Core.
You can take a look at my sig for the overclocking I had with Radclocker, BUT now running FIND MAX CORE would not stop....
I mean I was scared to death looking at the CORE go up...I was at 440...and still would contine to give no errors!!

I had to ABORT>.... :eek:

QUestion: is it that safe to let it stop buy itself???? Consider I am in STOCK COOLING!!!!

Uh... Note to self, dont let ATITool run for 45 mintues by it self on find mem... LOL
I get back, and my screen was royally messed.. I think I'll stick with my 540/330 overclock.. lol

Yeah, Im not really picky on FPS really.. I was just gonna loop 3dmark03 for awhile to see if my oc was stable, and yes, my card is overclocked to 540/330 over stock which is 500/300. And yeah, I had vsync on and 4xaa and 16xaf.. lol, I'll turn those off..

-EDIT-
Yeah, I turned off my aa.. which was actually at 8x lol, and my 16xaf and turned vsync off.. now Im scoring a little over 6k 3dmarks with my overclock.

damn, 6k? you're card is clocked lower than mine yet you're scoring a full 1k higher...

I wanna know how.

Originally posted by The Saint
guys...
I just downloaded ATITool and uninstalled Radclocker. which I was using before.....

so I launched it and tried Find MAX Core.
You can take a look at my sig for the overclocking I had with Radclocker, BUT now running FIND MAX CORE would not stop....
I mean I was scared to death looking at the CORE go up...I was at 440...and still would contine to give no errors!!

I had to ABORT>.... :eek:

QUestion: is it that safe to let it stop buy itself???? Consider I am in STOCK COOLING!!!!

it just keeps going higher and higher... which isn't good :(

I tried it out and the program actually worked well for me. It went a little higher than I was comfortable with at first, but then drifted back down to numbers I thought were perfectly reasonable.

Yeah, it typically does go a little bit higher then usuall for me but then it does settle right back down to the same point.....nothing to be alarmed about. I'd like to say that to/for everyone but it looks like it's going a little farther then some of you would like to see it. It's your call if you're gonna let it go or not and it's prefectly alright to feel nervous when a program starts pushing your prized hardware beyond the point of no return.

I guess the only positive thing I have to say this time around is that I'm still pleased as all hell with this app. I'm getting ancy though 'cus I haven't been able to "strap on" my 120mm aluminum case fan (85cfm) to the side panel as my video card intake yet.....and I wanna see how it helps out my XT's overclock actually having some fresh air to work with. ;) :D

does anybody still have any of the ealier versions of atitool because there the only versions i've managed to get working without errors on my system. anything from v 7 and ealier would be great.

pm me if you do

I dont know what I did when I benched the first time.. but I did it again, and it went from 6kish to 5531.. lol, whatever.

I dont know what I did when I benched the first time.. but I did it again, and it went from 6kish to 5531.. lol, whatever.

the absolute highest I can get is almost 4900. and that's with everything in my system oc'd to it's max.

that's pretty sweet for a 9600xt.

Originally posted by nst6563
the absolute highest I can get is almost 4900. and that's with everything in my system oc'd to it's max.

that's pretty sweet for a 9600xt.

I'd sure say so.....especially considering yours is clocked that much higher.....something sure seems fishy.

so basically when you will have to stop the App to find max core and mem? When it will find some errors??

Other wise you will just let it run till it finds them?

Ok, so all posters in general... sorry, I didnt know if you were asking a specific person there.

I simply let the core o/c run until it find a speed that it likes where there are no artifacts for at least 5 or 10 mins. Then I switch and do the same thing with mem.

BTW, W1zzard, could you maybe include an older compatiblity mode? V0.18 doesnt work with my R7000, but version 0.17 did. I think the pixel shader part must have killed it.

hmm I don`t know if you read my post before but actually ATItool would not stop...it didn`t find any errors and I was at 440 or something!! That a little too high for a 9800NP with stock cooling!

no?

hmm I don`t know if you read my post before but actually ATItool would not stop...it didn`t find any errors and I was at 440 or something!! That a little too high for a 9800NP with stock cooling!

no?

I'd say that yes, that would be a tad to high of an OC for a 9800NP with stock cooling.....not sure why it'd be shooting up that much though. If W1z doesn't respond maybe PM him and see if anyone else has been having this problem with your card. Not sure what else to tell ya, hope you find a solution.....'cus this is one handy little program for lazy folks like me. ;)

cornelious0_0, I 'll do as you suggested and contact W1z....

it is a great program indeed, mybe I`m the only one who has this problem.

Thanks anyway

cornelious0_0, I 'll do as you suggested and contact W1z....

it is a great program indeed, mybe I`m the only one who has this problem.

Thanks anyway

No prob, I hope it works out for ya.

no?
Considereing i reach 420 (with a fan over it) and 390 totaly stable with stock cooling on my 9500 softmodded (275 is the real clock), i think that 440 should not be that high anyway.
I know i have a HELL of a good card i know only of one guy here that has passed me (and believe me he REALLY passed me, 490 i think), but those things happen, u probbaly has a very good overclocker.

Originally posted by Santroph
Considereing i reach 420 (with a fan over it) and 390 totaly stable with stock cooling on my 9500 softmodded (275 is the real clock), i think that 440 should not be that high anyway.
I know i have a HELL of a good card i know only of one guy here that has passed me (and believe me he REALLY passed me, 490 i think), but those things happen, u probbaly has a very good overclocker.

Yeah, for sure.

Originally posted by cornelious0_0
So you mean now I've got two different threads I've gotta watch to get updates on this thing?? Oh well, as long as we get the new iformation as soon as the others guys do and you don't forget about us. ;)

no worries .. new releases etc will be posted here without any delays

Back