Destiny - Discussion Thread

Xur is so calculated. Shotgun buff? Here have a universal remote. And heart of praxic fire... because a lot of you have left... come back!!!

"Oh now that heavy ammo bug is fixed, here is heavy ammo synths!"

There are a few people able to see ahead into the game by some means they haven't divulged, and on Reddit they've been posting the weekly, nightfall, and Xûr stock ahead a few weeks.

And holy shit, I just got universal remote as a drop in crucible. Sweet.

Anyone know if players of Japanese version users of the game can play with US version users?

Anyone know if players of Japanese version users of the game can play with US version users?

I don't see why not. I had a raid party full of mostly British chaps last weekend. I love hearing profanity with an English accent. Sounds so... civilized.

Fricken bang on. Bungie claiming they don't know what is coming is just stupid on their part.

I'm guessing they'll adapt eventually and start changing these loot tables on a bi-weekly basis or at least not writing in the loot tables into the coding so early. I'm sure that it upsets Bungie that this guy has been accurate for three weeks straight.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/05/why-bungie-really-squashed-destinys-loot-cave

The REAL reason why Bungie got rid of the best part of the game the Loot cave.

But everything they claim is bullshit. The only thing true is that it affected a player's progression (sped it up), yet the spend the rest of the article claiming it slowed them down versus doing other activities. And for them to claim "they knew it was there", riiiight.

My buddies are about done with the game but had the limited edition or w/e its called so they're gonna go through the paces of the next raid then quit. Too many better games to play coming out very soon.

But everything they claim is bullshit. The only thing true is that it affected a player's progression (sped it up), yet the spend the rest of the article claiming it slowed them down versus doing other activities. And for them to claim "they knew it was there", riiiight.

My buddies are about done with the game but had the limited edition or w/e its called so they're gonna go through the paces of the next raid then quit. Too many better games to play coming out very soon.

Yep Bungie is pretty incompetent. Their lack of communication and the amount of white knights on reddit really astounds me. Unreal.

Bungie doesn't care if people quit playing, they only care if those people come back for the next expan$ion.

Heck if you buddies are STILL playing, they have gotten their money's worth from the game and would likely drop $20 on new content.

They've already got my money for house of wolves. So I'll be back to playing it. However, I don't know if I'll be back for future expansions if house of wolves fail to impress.

I grabbed up a copy the other day for $10 on kijiji

It feels like I missed the boat. After a short tutorial, Im just dropped into combat zones and it seems that the enemy scales to others in the area. Exploring is totally a no-no as straying from my objective marker lands me in insta-death encounters with AI. Ill go into a building and suddenly Im dead and all I see is a group of mega enemies walk over.

I grabbed up a copy the other day for $10 on kijiji

It feels like I missed the boat. After a short tutorial, Im just dropped into combat zones and it seems that the enemy scales to others in the area. Exploring is totally a no-no as straying from my objective marker lands me in insta-death encounters with AI. Ill go into a building and suddenly Im dead and all I see is a group of mega enemies walk over.

The zones you can get to are at your level so you are just facing too many mobs at once.

Follow the story line for now, don't explore too much until you get a hang for the controls and game mechanics. You'll figure out how to bounce around the areas soon enough.

The open world areas are nice for public events, but those will be hard if you are new and have no gear, just help as much as you can but if higher level players are there, they will handle the event and you will get the reward (and yes the mobs will scale some for the even only).

Don't worry about specific gear or guns if you are new, just try different guns and see what you like. Shotguns were buffed and are a blast now, but require you to get up close for a one shot... which can happy to you if you have light armor.

Hand Cannons are awesome, Scout as well... snipers will be your friend unless you like to shotgun people in the gut, which is a blast now.

Your class will get better as you level it and add more talents as well, so early on you suck and can't really jump... soon enough you will have solid talents to choose from to adjust to your play style. When you get high enough, run the lowest level Strikes playlist you can. You will get your blue/purple (rare) armor and some good guns from there... and you will level up fast after 20.

For those of you new to Raids or just looking for some good groups I found some streamers this week that are cool and speed run the raids with viewers with a positive attitude.

I'm not affiliated with these dudes, but ran Hard and Normal Crota for first time this week with them and it was fun and easy.

On twitch look up:
deuceNICKalo (runs more frequently)
X_Dr_Dave_X (solid Sherpa skills and explains the run very well)

Bungie twitch streaming the House of Wolves reveal of the Reef and upgrade paths for existing legendary and exotic gear and weapons.

twitch.tv/bungie

Yes, everything looks great. I'm happy that the old guns and armor from launch that I hung on to are going to be viable again. Everything announced makes sense and will be a nice addition to the game, I'm glad the folks at Bungie are learning from their mistakes.

Fatebringer shall rule supreme again (correction: it still does!). Unless they nerf it in the house of wolves.

It's like Activision planted a whole bunch of commentators to control the message. Just a few days before everyone was enraged about no raid.

They most definitely do. Astro turfing (?) is real in that subreddit. Anything negative regarding the game and you get downvoted to oblivion.

It's not a bad game. You can bet that with the experience I've had so far, I'll be very excited for news on the sequel.

Iron Banner is back up this week, and I could use some fellow PvP fanatics to hold down objectives with. Just throwing that out there, if anyone is still playing.

I'm upset about no raid in the expansion, especially after pre-ordering the season pass...

I'm not unhappy with my purchase, I really want to support this game in the long run, I really enjoy it, but I definitely was ready for a new raid, hopefully one comes in the future, the 6-person experience is really quite good.

I hope that Prison of Elders is fun, I don't doubt it will be, even if it isn't, I'm sure I won't be able to stop playing it for no good reason anyway...

And I'm the one to bump again. Today was the reveal video for the Prison of Elders end game activity in the House of Wolves due May 19th.

Get Hype. Looked awesome, although I do think they kind of sucked at it :/

Twitch: Prison of Elders

And I'm the one to bump again. Today was the reveal video for the Prison of Elders end game activity in the House of Wolves due May 19th.

Get Hype. Looked awesome, although I do think they kind of sucked at it :/

Twitch: Prison of Elders

It'll be a nice change.

I wonder how long it will take to get three characters to 34. Don't think I'd want to play Prison of Elders as a 32.

I hopped on to watch them wipe a few times. Comments were something else during the stream.

Starting to play the No Land Beyond in Crucible, and find myself switching weapons after each shot like it's the AWP :/

Queens' Bounties:

Anyone finish these and get a treasure key?

I completed all six on all three characters and did not receive one treasure key. Kind of don't feel like camping these any longer.

Queens' Bounties:

Anyone finish these and get a treasure key?

I completed all six on all three characters and did not receive one treasure key. Kind of don't feel like camping these any longer.

Key are rng from chests that pop for about a minute after the wolves events. Ive farmed theses and have enough blue and legendary engrams that tomorrow decoding will be like Christmas and i haven't seen a single key yet. And that on all 3 of my characters

Key are rng from chests that pop for about a minute after the wolves events. Ive farmed theses and have enough blue and legendary engrams that tomorrow decoding will be like Christmas and i haven't seen a single key yet. And that on all 3 of my characters

My buddy farmed for like five hours this weekend and has 2.

And yes, it's going to be like Christmas! I've got about 25 engrams to open all at once, and one purple chest armor to boot!

I found one key after running chests for a few hours yesterday. All it grants is an extra loot chance from Prison of Elders without waiting for the weekly reset so I wouldn't obsess over them.

I found one key after running chests for a few hours yesterday. All it grants is an extra loot chance from Prison of Elders without waiting for the weekly reset so I wouldn't obsess over them.

Well at this point, everyone wants to get to level 34 as soon as they can. An extra loot chance per week is easy to obsess over!

I've got 4 Treasure Keys and pretty much maxed on engrams on my 3 toons. I don't know how much time I've spent doing it, but it was a lot....

Last edited:
Im done tomorrow is gonna be fun all 3 characters and vault full of purple and blues, got 2 keys and enough special ammo synth to take Omaha beach 100 times over

Found two keys last night and filled up my vault and 1.5 characters with engrams (one purple chest, one purple heavy gun)!

Back