Destiny - Discussion Thread

I'm at around 314 hours total (190 Titan / 100 Warlock / 24 Hunter) and that is since launch, pulled from the Bungie website.

Well, I've deleted a 32 Warlock to make a second Titan, I just greatly dislike the Warlock class in general, it was never fun to play for me.

Anyway, With just my current 3 Characters I'm at 664 hours, but with the Warlock whose information is no longer tracked, it's probably about 800+...

Warlock is my least liked class. Hunter is the most fun, and Titan is alright because their jump is for lazy people.

I've probably locked in around 500+ hours. I have almost everything except Hawkmoon. Already have the paltinum trophy for the game too. Surprisingly Flawless Raider was a very easy trophy to obtain.

Warlock is my least liked class. Hunter is the most fun, and Titan is alright because their jump is for lazy people.

I've probably locked in around 500+ hours. I have almost everything except Hawkmoon. Already have the paltinum trophy for the game too. Surprisingly Flawless Raider was a very easy trophy to obtain.

I've never really been much for achievement hunting, but I'm at least going to finish all the current dead ghosts before HoW, I might spend one last week capping marks and caching up 5000exp bounties to leave un-used, cap my Eris Rep on my other two characters.

Or I could just not care and come back when HoW is out and play other stuff but log into Destiny when my friends ask for help.

I figured this is the one game I put a lot of hours in, might as well go for it. Flawless raider was the only thing I was missing.

The game is still fun with friends but I choose not to go on if I don't have to anymore.

I only play this game with friends so it's still fun for me. We sneak in about 5-6 hours a week and it's enjoyable except for the rng gods hating me, did weekly strike last night. One friend got 2 purple engrams, other got a purple weapon. I got 2 blue engrams and both were lower light level than all the blues I still have cause I haven't found any purple armor yet :p

There both lv 28 and 29 now, I'm still 25 :(

Yep. I think a lot of people have hit the breaking point for the game. Even if House of Wolves comes out I'm not sure how much I'd play that. It's a good thing, I've been able to play more Dragon Age and should be able to finish it this weekend!

I was hardcore into Destiny for about 4 months but it finally wore me down. Much like early Diablo 3 there just isn't enough to keep you coming back once you hit max level and I'm dubious that they will be able to fix it in House of Wolves. I'm tired of gear treadmill games in general, though so maybe that's it.

I'm like you though this has given me an opportunity to plunge into Dragon Age: Inquisition and I'm really enjoying it so far.

383 hours is what I tallied over my 3 characters on the companion app.

You definitely got your money's worth and I did too. I don't know what it is but I've just grown past the gear treadmill nature of these games. I was a longtime WoW veteran (hardcore raider etc.) and the constant resetting of your character's progress for the sake of new content is just a tired concept. I can't even stomach playing that game anymore and it has nothing to do with its aesthetics.

I only play this game with friends so it's still fun for me. We sneak in about 5-6 hours a week and it's enjoyable except for the rng gods hating me, did weekly strike last night. One friend got 2 purple engrams, other got a purple weapon. I got 2 blue engrams and both were lower light level than all the blues I still have cause I haven't found any purple armor yet :p

How are you doing on your Vanguard/Crucible rank and marks?

Your best best is probably to do strikes and daily bounties to build your rank to 3+ and marks to buy the armor you need. That or at 25, have someone drag your butt through VoG and hope you get some gear drops.

I'm at around 314 hours total (190 Titan / 100 Warlock / 24 Hunter) and that is since launch, pulled from the Bungie website.

So did you consistently play about 2 hours a day since launch? Or more like 6 hours some days and none others? I don't think I've gone a day without playing this game. I really hated this game to start out but bought it to play with my six buddies that bought the game around the same time. I tried to convince them not to play it because the user reviews were so awful. But now I'm sucked into it. It hasn't grown stale for me yet because there's still content to be cleared (Hard on vog and ce) and of course exotics to be found.

I did roll a Gally last night on a Weekly 30, which was pretty exciting.

Well, I've deleted a 32 Warlock to make a second Titan, I just greatly dislike the Warlock class in general, it was never fun to play for me.

Anyway, With just my current 3 Characters I'm at 664 hours, but with the Warlock whose information is no longer tracked, it's probably about 800+...

That's a lot of hate for a class to just straight up delete it after over 100 hours in! I keep one of each because I hate when I roll armor for a different class.

Well, with the video that you posted of 3 manning Crota on hard perfectly, i have no doubt that this was easy for you! I'm sure it's the hardest achievement to get though, if you consider the percentage of people that actually have it.

I've never really been much for achievement hunting, but I'm at least going to finish all the current dead ghosts before HoW, I might spend one last week capping marks and caching up 5000exp bounties to leave un-used, cap my Eris Rep on my other two characters.

Or I could just not care and come back when HoW is out and play other stuff but log into Destiny when my friends ask for help.

I achievement hunt when I felt like I've put in way more time into a game than my achievement score stats (I'm currently around 670, I don't pvp).

Maybe the RNG gives you a modified probablity at a purple if you're under leveled? I don't think you could have played the level 30 strike at 25, were you able to play the 28?

I took a few hours Sunday and Monday going through a Dead Ghost guide. It was less of a pain than I thought it was going to be because it showed me some places in the game that I didn't even know existed. If you've got 4 hours to kill next weekend, try it!

Every single engram that was an exotic item I've gotten has been for every other class but mine. I have Hunter gloves, helmet and chest, Titan helm and chest. I'm just going to roll a Hunter next and slicesliceslice.

How are you doing on your Vanguard/Crucible rank and marks?

Your best best is probably to do strikes and daily bounties to build your rank to 3+ and marks to buy the armor you need. That or at 25, have someone drag your butt through VoG and hope you get some gear drops.

Slowly working on it, half way through rank 1 now. Hopefully when I hit rank 2 I will have enough marks for at least two pieces of gear

I have 80 hours tallied over two characters...One lvl 30 Hunter, one lvl 12 warlock. Not sure if I could ever survive +200 hours like some of you guys...my attention span isn't that strong.

Every single engram that was an exotic item I've gotten has been for every other class but mine. I have Hunter gloves, helmet and chest, Titan helm and chest. I'm just going to roll a Hunter next and slicesliceslice.

I found that for some odd reason Warlock gets a ton of Hunter gear lol.

I found that for some odd reason Warlock gets a ton of Hunter gear lol.

Whats funny is I have had more legendary drops for a Warlock, playing as a hunter, than I have gotten for my hunter, had to buy most of it from Vanguard or FWC.

Whats funny is I have had more legendary drops for a Warlock, playing as a hunter, than I have gotten for my hunter, had to buy most of it from Vanguard or FWC.

The good news about the Crota raid is that you will only get armor drops for your class you are playing on (or at least that's been the case for me).

My yield this weekend was pretty crummy. Was excited to get a helm for my warlock, which was my 3rd raid piece, to hit level 32. But then my other Crota drops was two Swordbreaker shotguns (are these even good?) and another helm with all strength from Crota Hard.

I guess this does beat my Crota drop of ONLY a ship when I dropped him last week.

In my usage of LFG this last week (never used it before) I found that getting into a raid group at level 32 with a Gjallahorn surprisingly easy. And then by switching over to my level 31 with along with the gally surprisingly difficult.

Slowly working on it, half way through rank 1 now. Hopefully when I hit rank 2 I will have enough marks for at least two pieces of gear

Yeah, that's the intended way for people to gear up, random drops and such are just icing. If you're not even Rank 1 yet at level 25, you really need to get on your vanguard bounties. They refresh daily for a reason, plus for every level after 3 you get a package in the mail with a chance at legendary gear/weapons/materials.

Nightfalls are 500 rep, and Weekly strikes at 30 are 400 (499 w/ Nightfall bonus), so that's a huge way to smash a ton of rep once you reach that tier of gameplay.

Yeah, that's the intended way for people to gear up, random drops and such are just icing. If you're not even Rank 1 yet at level 25, you really need to get on your vanguard bounties. They refresh daily for a reason, plus for every level after 3 you get a package in the mail with a chance at legendary gear/weapons/materials.

Nightfalls are 500 rep, and Weekly strikes at 30 are 400 (499 w/ Nightfall bonus), so that's a huge way to smash a ton of rep once you reach that tier of gameplay.

Hit 26 last night from strikes, I'm 3/4 way through rank 1 (to clarify I'm already rank one 25% left till rank 2). What annoys me is on my xbox one (I have game on ps3 and xbox one) my hunter went from 20 to 26 in two hours from strikes so it was very aggravating to have it take this long on my Titan lol. I have been doing the weekly lv 26 strike and as many bounties as I can muster along with random 26 strikes for rep. I should hit rank 2 by tomorrow.

Hit 26 last night from strikes, I'm 3/4 way through rank 1 (to clarify I'm already rank one 25% left till rank 2). What annoys me is on my xbox one (I have game on ps3 and xbox one) my hunter went from 20 to 26 in two hours from strikes so it was very aggravating to have it take this long on my Titan lol. I have been doing the weekly lv 26 strike and as many bounties as I can muster along with random 26 strikes for rep. I should hit rank 2 by tomorrow.

Sweet, sounds like you're getting there. I was stuck at level 25 for a week on my first Titan way back when...

Yup. Since Hunter is my main I vaulted all the warlock stuff I found and hit light level 30 almost right when I reached level 20 with my warlock. :D

Was excited to get a helm for my warlock, which was my 3rd raid piece, to hit level 32. But then my other Crota drops was two Swordbreaker shotguns (are these even good?) and another helm with all strength from Crota Hard.

Swordbreaker has the Hive Disruptor perk, which may make it useful in PvE. I've tried running it on Crota's End, and I've been underwhelmed. Perhaps after the shotgun PvE buff, it'll be worth keeping in the slot. Until then, Icebreaker gets a disproportionate time share no matter what content I'm running.

I have seen some people running Swordbreaker in PvP, but there better options for that, too (Found Verdict, Universal Remote, and now Felwinter's Lie)

With respect to DestinyLFG, I've had good luck getting together groups to run Iron Banner this past weekend. I've thrown up posts looking for players with a minimum KDR (no replacement for skills!), and the results have been encouraging. With raid content, my LFG experience has been hit or miss. I've made groups on LFG composed entirely of highly experienced people, and I've also gotten stuck for hours on VoG Hard Confluxes, CE Crota CP...

I echo the comments regarding dead ghost hunting. It's quite a lot of fun. As someone who has collected them all with the help of destinyghosthunter, I suggest that you read through the entire list before diving in. There are some ghosts that can be found on missions only, and you might be able to save some time by carefully perusing the list before starting a patrol.

Swordbreaker has the Hive Disruptor perk, which may make it useful in PvE. I've tried running it on Crota's End, and I've been underwhelmed. Perhaps after the shotgun PvE buff, it'll be worth keeping in the slot. Until then, Icebreaker gets a disproportionate time share no matter what content I'm running.

I have seen some people running Swordbreaker in PvP, but there better options for that, too (Found Verdict, Universal Remote, and now Felwinter's Lie)

With respect to DestinyLFG, I've had good luck getting together groups to run Iron Banner this past weekend. I've thrown up posts looking for players with a minimum KDR (no replacement for skills!), and the results have been encouraging. With raid content, my LFG experience has been hit or miss. I've made groups on LFG composed entirely of highly experienced people, and I've also gotten stuck for hours on VoG Hard Confluxes, CE Crota CP...

I echo the comments regarding dead ghost hunting. It's quite a lot of fun. As someone who has collected them all with the help of destinyghosthunter, I suggest that you read through the entire list before diving in. There are some ghosts that can be found on missions only, and you might be able to save some time by carefully perusing the list before starting a patrol.

While doing the Siege DLC mission for a bounty yesterday, I accidentally found another dead ghost. I guess the guide I checked was only for the 62 that was in the original game. Apparently there is another 6 that you can get with the DLC. I've gotten the one above Rasputin so that's two of which i know. Probably grab the others today.

I finished my 3rd characters' Crota Hard run yesterday with my level 31 Titan. I practically did nothing on every check point up to Crota. Died in the Abyss, two people make it through. Jumped off the cliff with three others (two others cheesed the bridge). Didn't make it through Thrallway door (but two others did). Died shooting a rocket at the Shrieker (3 party members didn't die and ended up taking out Ir Yut). I was feeling pretty guilty that my 31 was being dragged through CE Hard by a bunch of 32's and not having contributed much to the raid yet. But then we got to Crota and I finally got to feel useful being the only titan and putting up a bubble for Boomer distraction. Again, I did not end up with any good weapon drops, but at least I got my third raid piece for my Titan.

Grinded my way to IB rank 5 yesterday, but now I'm out glimmer for the scout rifle, so I need to go glimmer farmer tonight. I think it ends tomorrow or thursday. At least I get to use those glimmer buff items I've been wondering what to do with.

Grinded my way to IB rank 5 yesterday, but now I'm out glimmer for the scout rifle, so I need to go glimmer farmer tonight. I think it ends tomorrow or thursday. At least I get to use those glimmer buff items I've been wondering what to do with.

IB ended as of the weekly reset, which is 1AM PST Tuesday I believe. :(

Yes it ended at reset, bummer and know how you feel, very tough to complete rank 5 and get the glimmer needed.

However, when the next IB comes up, probably next month, there is a glitch if you log on just before the reset happens (before IB starts) and go to orbit, wait about 3 minutes then go to the tower, the IB will be open and you should still be rank 5 and can buy whatever is available then.

This may get patched but who knows as this came up last week on a reddit post.

IB ended as of the weekly reset, which is 1AM PST Tuesday I believe. :(

ohhhh man... someone's going to be upset!

I have about 220 hours into the game, with about 2 hours of that being pvp. Needless to say, I won't be doing IB.

Yes it ended at reset, bummer and know how you feel, very tough to complete rank 5 and get the glimmer needed.

However, when the next IB comes up, probably next month, there is a glitch if you log on just before the reset happens (before IB starts) and go to orbit, wait about 3 minutes then go to the tower, the IB will be open and you should still be rank 5 and can buy whatever is available then.

This may get patched but who knows as this came up last week on a reddit post.

Couple of my buddies tried this when IB began this time around and were not successful. There is a trick to this supposedly. You'll definitely want to read up about it to try to salvage all the hard work that went towards getting rank 5 Iron Banner.

I tried the trick myself since I grinded rank 5 last time... logged out of game for a few hours to do something else after spending the weekend grinding 25k glimmer.... tried to logon about 10 minutes before reset and was pwned by Sony releasing a console patch that took too long to install.

By the time I got into game it was after the reset, not happy haha... didn't IB or play much this week, mainly due to real life stuff and not interested in omnigul nifghtfall... not sure about this week either but it is the first solo nightfall I did way back when, just takes forever.

Well that sucks. I can't complain too much, I got everything except the Scout Rifle, plus a couple of legendary ships and that rocket launcher drops. I'm just glad I got the gear as I read that it can max out to help get to 32, which since I don't do raids I could definitely use. I'll have a better grind plan for next time.

I tried to do the orbit glitch but I guess I logged in too soon at about 1 minute after reset. I think I should've waited for 3-5min after. I've started ritual sacrifices to boost my chances of getting a Gjallarhorn.

I`m gonna pick this up for PS4 this Friday, I hope I can put hours on it.

Well that sucks. I can't complain too much, I got everything except the Scout Rifle, plus a couple of legendary ships and that rocket launcher drops. I'm just glad I got the gear as I read that it can max out to help get to 32, which since I don't do raids I could definitely use. I'll have a better grind plan for next time.

I've only raided once recently, ran a Normal mode Crota and scored Hunger of Crota and arms for my Titan. Hunger is a jr Gallyhorn. The Crota raid gear goes to light level 36.

I did easily hit light level 36 with vanguard gear and one exotic piece, helm on both my hunter and titan, which I scored from Xur using different weeks (either motes or coins).

The past few weeks have been an exotic bonanza for my toons, several guns and some good gear.

I need to finally put time into running VoG for a chance at those weapons (fatebringer and the others) and do more Crota for those as well, blackhammer.

My hunter which has Don't touch me gloves can solo Crota abyss now and haven't tried the bridge yet but will this week.

My Titan seems much easier to get into groups with his defender bubble of love... or weapons of light! haha

It's a fun game, just wish Nightfall's had matchmaking, a pain for me to quickly find groups since I don't have buddies with a PS4... however when I do find a group on Reddit fireteams, we usually cruise through the Nightfall.

I tried to do the orbit glitch but I guess I logged in too soon at about 1 minute after reset. I think I should've waited for 3-5min after. I've started ritual sacrifices to boost my chances of getting a Gjallarhorn.

:D:D

I`m gonna pick this up for PS4 this Friday, I hope I can put hours on it.

You will, the game isn't broken still months after release like others. Plus the community is still going strong. Most people like myself who started playing since launch are at the breaking point until the next expansion, but the people who got the game during Christmas is just starting to hit their stride so there will always be a healthy amount of people playing!

Played the daily heroic after reset on my Warlock. It's the Black Garden mission, which is really too long for its own good, but I opted to do it for the Vex kills. Primarily used the pulse rifle "Three Little Words," one of the game's high-impact low ROF pulse rifles. 10% more damage is great, but it's got nothing on the 100% boost to shotguns...

In case you missed it, Praetorian kill with two rounds from Swordbreaker vid is front page item on the Destiny sub-reddit.

Also noticed that my Grimoire score jumped. I think it was at 2580 before the patch, and now I'm at 2660!

Played the daily heroic after reset on my Warlock. It's the Black Garden mission, which is really too long for its own good, but I opted to do it for the Vex kills. Primarily used the pulse rifle "Three Little Words," one of the game's high-impact low ROF pulse rifles. 10% more damage is great, but it's got nothing on the 100% boost to shotguns...

In case you missed it, Praetorian kill with two rounds from Swordbreaker vid is front page item on the Destiny sub-reddit.

Also noticed that my Grimoire score jumped. I think it was at 2580 before the patch, and now I'm at 2660!

Almost maxed out! Mine jumped from 2325 to 2380. I think they fixed some grimoire cards counting not counting. I've come to accept the fact that I'll never max out (i think it's like 2810?) because I never pvp.

Yeah, the shotgun upgrade was great for pve. I saw a video of someone doing one portion of the vog alone with a particular shotgun. He took out probably a dozen elites in well less than a minute and took in 500 glimmer in that time. He calculated that it comes out to 50k an hour. Certainly better than exclusion zone which is slightly over 20k an hour for me.

Anyone willing to help me take down Urzok, The Hated tonight? I have been trying all week and have not said much success even with others present. I am playing on the xbone and my gamer tag is BanzaiBary.

Xur is so calculated. Shotgun buff? Here have a universal remote. And heart of praxic fire... because a lot of you have left... come back!!!

"Oh now that heavy ammo bug is fixed, here is heavy ammo synths!"

Back