Destiny - Discussion Thread

my spam filter sent my codes to spam folder but I had already found the codes in my bungie.net profile

One more code left! PM if interested.

Damn this thing is taking a long time to download... :mad:

Update: Last code is gone!

Last edited:
Well got to level 4 so far and I am enjoying this, even moreso then Halo. I just find the world design, the weapons, the feel of the game to be better overall.

Can not wait for the release of this game now.

Does anyone know is there a way to alter your characters looks once you are in game? Like changing the hairstyle or markings, etc?

Press the PS button and connect again...

I found the problem, I had plugged it into my pc USB hub to charge and apparently if you do this you can push the ps button (windows uses it and the controller won't send the bluetooth signal to the ps).

So I just had to unplug it, hit the ps button and then replug it back in and it stays connected to the ps while charging at the same time.

Did they change how attack damage is calculated or something? I had like a 100+ attack auto rifle in alpha, and have not even seen anything remotely as high yet. All the damage in general seems lower.

also FUCK i can't stop playing this god damn game

IgnorantUntimelyIcefish.gif

also tanks are literally the most unfun thing in the game

like fucking seriously, they are retarded

Even though I canceled my Order though Amazon a few days ago still got the beta code this morning =)

PM if you want one of the two extra codes =)

So let me ask a very important question about this game.

Can I create a group or is there a way to invite your friends to join the server you
are playing in or a way to join together?

I hate MP game that have either shitty or no way to link up with your friends

Yes you can create a fireteam with players or friends that are online.

I have two extra keys if anyone needs. PM me.

Also, this game is fantastic, and I'm super excited for Sept. 9th. Going to have to buy Live for my 360, just so I can play again (heh jk).

Edit: All my keys are gone!

Last edited:
OK Fireteam... I like the sound of that.

Well lets just say that with out playing it Im impressed that they have that option on a beta.

I can do the Beta on PS4.. do you have a PS4 beta key?

I'm downloading it wifi =) slow as hell but I'll play it on my next weekend....

I sold my PS4 and got a wiiu, thinking Destiny was going out for PC in September. Turns out, it's not until March 2015. Da fuuuuuuuuq

I sold my PS4 and got a wiiu, thinking Destiny was going out for PC in September. Turns out, it's not until March 2015. Da fuuuuuuuuq

Although there have been many rumors leaning towards a PC release, there still has been no official confirmation on it coming to PC yet. Right now it is all speculation until it comes from the mouths of Bungie or Activision.

Although there have been many rumors leaning towards a PC release, there still has been no official confirmation on it coming to PC yet. Right now it is all speculation until it comes from the mouths of Bungie or Activision.

*sigh*

Friday evening in EU, prime time gaming time. PSN down for maintenance. #wat

Single player seems to be my only option played a little...game reeks of Star Wars same type of Droid sounds that R2-D2 makes. Way better looking then Killzone Shadowfall.
500 million eh? =) I'll play some more on my two days off

Single player seems to be my only option played a little...game reeks of Star Wars same type of Droid sounds that R2-D2 makes. Way better looking then Killzone Shadowfall.
500 million eh? =) I'll play some more on my two days off

In the town area you can go to the crucible guy to play competitive multiplayer (I haven't done it yet so don't know if there's a level requirement).

Also you can co op the stories but inviting friends or it will also randomly place you into the world with other players.

The only thing that could make the game better is having it on PC. I've had a blast with the Alpha and Beta, so I'm playing it regardless. There's just something about it that makes me not be able to put it down, and I can't quite put my finger on it. I think Bungie has knocked it out of the park with this game. Go to just about any forum out there, and all you will find is people praising the game (minus the PC master race crowd). Seriously though, this game is going to be huge.

Found a youtube clip that compares PS3 vs PS4 footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAvTSfMR-tY

Makes me feel going with a PS4 when the game hits in September is the better choice overall then sticking with the 360. I don't think I could handle the low level of detail and overall jagged blurriness of last gen knowing how much better the game looks on current gen. I'm trying not to watch too many beta streams so I don't ruin it for myself on the 23rd but I think this game is going to deliver pretty close to the hype expectations.

While I can see better detail on some textures on the PS4 version is it just me or does the ps3 version look to have more vibrant/better colours? The ps4 version seems to be a bit washed out compared to it.

I can see that in a couple scenes (the clouds in the opening) but I think there is less going on for the PS3 version with the textures/filters giving off more solid color.

So is this an FPS MMO?

Put simply, yes, it is basically an MMOFPS. However, it's not nearly as in-depth as your average MMO in terms of character builds and stuff. If you could imagine a more serious Borderlands, add in players joining/leaving your game at random like Dark Souls, and throw in Halo competitive multiplayer....that's Destiny for the most part.

They should add matchmaking for story missions.

I wanted to run through the missions quickly but I couldn't get anyone to join me in-game. I'm willing to wait a few minutes. Otherwise you have to load in, then stand around at the spawn point and ask everyone who comes by to join.

They should also add the reverse, an 'ask to join'. People might not mind but wouldn't bother inviting because it's a hassle. You have to run up, click R3 and then wait for something to load in and push another button to send a message.

If you're not interested there should be a "busy" state you could set so that the option to invite wouldn't even come up, so no one would have to waste their time.

Ah yes, skip cinematics please. Yes, I understand some of them hide loading, but I doubt they all do it 100%. This is standard.

Everything is pretty good so far for me. One thing that bug me is the running animation in third person. Just seem awkward and out of place. Game is good. Cant wait for the full game and see how the high level content is like

Just went through a Crucible match where my weapons did literally nothing. The only way to kill people was through melee or grenade. Was actually not fun at all.

Just went through a Crucible match where my weapons did literally nothing. The only way to kill people was through melee or grenade. Was actually not fun at all.

I'm not sure on the rules for Crucible but could it be that you were lower lvl/didn't upgrade weapons?

Ok the pulse rifles or wahtever they are (the sniper ones, not the primary ones) seem near useless.

You litearlly have to "charge" up the shot before you can fire and it literally is like game-induced delay because of how long it takes from a button press to fire and your target most likely has moved.

I made the mistake of switching my loadout to this right before hopping into the crucible and it was just plain useless the entire match, couldn't hit crap with it because of the delay and the regular sniper works much much better.

Ok the pulse rifles or wahtever they are (the sniper ones, not the primary ones) seem near useless.

You litearlly have to "charge" up the shot before you can fire and it literally is like game-induced delay because of how long it takes from a button press to fire and your target most likely has moved.

I made the mistake of switching my loadout to this right before hopping into the crucible and it was just plain useless the entire match, couldn't hit crap with it because of the delay and the regular sniper works much much better.

You can change your shit mid match FYI

Also fusion rifles (I think that's what you're talking about?) are an insta-kill up close. They're like a better shotgun, kinda... with a delay. At the very least, they're amazing in PVE. But in PVP, all the secondaries -- and even most of the weapons period seem not very useful because an auto rifle is very good in like 90% of situations. They're easy to use, effective at basically any range, and pump out huge damage. They need to do some tweaking.

Also I just managed to record this. The hitreg feels a bit wonky at times but what the fuck.
http://www.twitch.tv/clashieee/b/548915521?t=103m10s

You can change your shit mid match FYI

Also fusion rifles (I think that's what you're talking about?) are an insta-kill up close. They're like a better shotgun, kinda... with a delay. At the very least, they're amazing in PVE. But in PVP, all the secondaries -- and even most of the weapons period seem not very useful because an auto rifle is very good in like 90% of situations. They're easy to use, effective at basically any range, and pump out huge damage. They need to do some tweaking.

Also I just managed to record this. The hitreg feels a bit wonky at times but what the fuck.
http://www.twitch.tv/clashieee/b/548915521?t=103m10s

That's what it was like for me too except worse. Like zero damage the entire time. I just turned level 8.

I bought some better weapons and it's better now. Just boom level 8: no damage. I have some level 9 stuff, but missions to do besides Crucible and Strike.

Got to lvl 8 in a couple of hours... played some pvp, etc. It's ok but I'm probably just going to resell my copy on release ($34~ CAD) so I should make a bit of profit.

I really enjoy the game but the beta experience (even for a beta) is very limited. You can pretty much do all of it in about 3 hours or so and considering the amount of hype involved this was kinda disappointing.

I think the reason the beta is so short is that it the story line is just impossible not to totally spoil beyond level 8. I played the Alpha as well and the Beta is a real step up. Peter's voice even modulated still sounds like he showed up hung over (Moon Wizard , we won't ever forget that one /facepalm) and did maybe his entire session in a few hours for the whole game , it sounds totally lifeless which is disappointing. But other voice actors sound incredible (Claudia Black as usual sounds sexy as hell).

I am happy that Bungie is listening to feedback from the Alpha. The Alpha kinda turned me off the game... but the Beta sparked my interest again and I will be a day one buyer now.

Some of the MP modes sound really cool and the story is engaging just that we get so little of it up front. I really hope Peter's voice acting improves as the game goes along , he just doesn't seem to convey anything yet that makes you connect with his role in the game. If Bungie is attempting to give us Cortana again then they are failing at it. I really hope they consider having him come back and redo some of his lines if this is what he'll be like for the whole game. If he wasn't such a huge character then I wouldn't care but if I'm going to be listening to him for hundreds of hours of gameplay I want him not to sound like he couldn't give a shit...

Back