Destiny 2

You're right about those nuances. I've been trying to get better at choosing my battles more wisely and disengaging when things aren't in my favor. I'm also trying to work on my hand cannon accuracy. I noticed the guys that can consistently get the 3 tap typically dominate.
Destiny 2 is also weird with its very limited ranges and damage fall off. This can also vary quite a bit with two copies of the same weapon if they don't have identical rolls on them. There are also various builds out there that are designed to increase weapon or melee damage in PvP, which allow for two taps or even single shot body shots with some weapons under specific circumstances. The top PvPers understand the game on a highly technical level and setup their characters around these things. Armor mods can be hugely powerful in aiding you in the Crucible.

Personally, I think all this shit should be disabled to level the playing field to a place where the only thing that matters is your skills. But that's not how modern shooters are built.

Destiny 2 is also weird with its very limited ranges and damage fall off. This can also vary quite a bit with two copies of the same weapon if they don't have identical rolls on them. There are also various builds out there that are designed to increase weapon or melee damage in PvP, which allow for two taps or even single shot body shots with some weapons under specific circumstances. The top PvPers understand the game on a highly technical level and setup their characters around these things. Armor mods can be hugely powerful in aiding you in the Crucible.

Personally, I think all this shit should be disabled to level the playing field to a place where the only thing that matters is your skills. But that's not how modern shooters are built.

I couldn't agree more and I'll add along those same lines:

Stop nerfing awesome gear and weapons that people bust their asses for "just because of PVP."

I couldn't agree more and I'll add along those same lines:

Stop nerfing awesome gear and weapons that people bust their asses for "just because of PVP."
Or pulling a bunch of BS to sunset awesome PvP specific quest weapons because of PvP. I have pretty much always been able to maintain a low but positive KD in Destiny 2 overall. However, quests like Not Forgotten, Luna's Howl, Mountaintop, Recluse, etc. took me two years to earn in some cases. Revoker wasn't too bad and a couple others were OK. But those weapons took someone who's maybe an average player forever to earn. But they were literally the driving force for me to actually play Crucible. Without those weapon quests, I have little drive to do it.

The only reason I'm doing it now is because of Trials. I ran some of it with friends and had a great time and the weapons are great. So I've been doing that. (No fucking way I'll go flawless anytime soon.) Again, specific gear is a driving force in getting me to PvP in this game. I think it was stupid they took out those long term quests as it gave people something to strive for. It seemed lazy to me that they sunset these rather than balancing them or offering similar weapons that were more obtainable by the masses to level the playing field. There were a lot of options besides trying to force their removal from PvP.

You can still use them in the non-ranked, non-light enabled PvP activities, but almost no one does anymore. Mountain Top in particular has been massively nerfed, even post sunsetting. Others like Luna's Howl and Not Forgotten have had adjustments to bring their effectiveness down. They are still good, but no one really uses them anymore for whatever reason. I think people don't do it because they can't be used in ranked, Iron Banner or Trials primarily. People just don't bother with them given their limited usefulness in the game now.

Bungie, a dying studio that actually managed to make their only game worse after splitting from Activision.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Bungie, a dying studio that actually managed to make their only game worse after splitting from Activision.

Difference+Of+Opinion+and+islam.jpg

Multiple articles have mentioned Bungie's criteria of remaining independent both in multi-platform release, and in creative choice... for Destiny 2. Future IP's & releases will undoubtedly be under Sony's umbrella. Naturally only time will tell.

Ironically, since she is technically a Sony employee, I thought Alanah broke it down best:

At the risk of repeating myself: Agree...at least to a point, and I'm saying that as someone that was giddy about them getting free and independent.

At the risk of repeating myself: Agree...at least to a point, and I'm saying that as someone that was giddy about them getting free and independent.
Bungie wasn't remotely dying. The issue is Bungie had limited resources to develop content as they did under Activision.

Bungie wasn't remotely dying. The issue is Bungie had limited resources to develop content as they did under Activision.

wasn't or isn't. I wasn't using past tense, and bungie has screwed up a fair amount, things that really didn't need much resources to develop (like sunsetting content).

They are dying, I do not see new players flocking to D2, they're squeezing money out of their existing base and don't have a new IP anytime soon. Its pretty clear activision was not the problem and likely need Sony's cash and probably assistance to move forward.

wasn't or isn't. I wasn't using past tense, and bungie has screwed up a fair amount, things that really didn't need much resources to develop (like sunsetting content).

They are dying, I do not see new players flocking to D2, they're squeezing money out of their existing base and don't have a new IP anytime soon. Its pretty clear activision was not the problem and likely need Sony's cash and probably assistance to move forward.
Dying is a bit of a stretch in my opinion but we'll never really know. That being said, D2 has maintained a pretty healthy playerbase and it does get new players more often than you'd think. That being said, Activision was not the problem. If anything, Bungie was better being held accountable to them and with the extra resources, they produced far more content at a more rapid pace with quality that was on par or better than what Bungie is capable of on its own. Arguably, that content was better as well.

Dying is a bit of a stretch in my opinion but we'll never really know. That being said, D2 has maintained a pretty healthy playerbase and it does get new players more often than you'd think. That being said, Activision was not the problem. If anything, Bungie was better being held accountable to them and with the extra resources, they produced far more content at a more rapid pace with quality that was on par or better than what Bungie is capable of on its own. Arguably, that content was better as well.
Yes its speculation, but I do 100% agree with the end lines, activision wasn't the problem, and I did beleive they where at the time.

Still equates to a bit of a dog purchase by sony, picking up some well worn IP's and a company that seems unable to properly manage it.

I love the concept of Destiny, if only execution wasn't an almost constant let down.

Yes its speculation, but I do 100% agree with the end lines, activision wasn't the problem, and I did beleive they where at the time.

Still equates to a bit of a dog purchase by sony, picking up some well worn IP's and a company that seems unable to properly manage it.

I love the concept of Destiny, if only execution wasn't an almost constant let down.
I like the basic gameplay. That's why I keep coming back to it. I like to play it with friends, but the content drip since Bungie left Activision has been a let down. While narratively its probably better, the expansions are smaller and the seasonal content is just busy work. I took the last six months off because of it. I got caught up and did everything in that time in under a month.

I like the basic gameplay. That's why I keep coming back to it. I like to play it with friends, but the content drip since Bungie left Activision has been a let down. While narratively its probably better, the expansions are smaller and the seasonal content is just busy work. I took the last six months off because of it. I got caught up and did everything in that time in under a month.
Like the gameplay, fan of the high sci-fi fantasy setting, like most of the weapons, its good PVE when its got content to grind. I also like its legendary loot system allows you to complete a shopping list rather than rely 100% on random drops.

It falls down on some of the execution, a lot of the content, and PVP gating gear.

like this

It's been closer to 3-4 months for me, but same issue. The core gameplay mechanics are polished and feel good to play; especially when I can play with friends the game is fun. The content however, has not been what I consider "content". Blips of it here and there, like Beyond Light, but too little and spread too thin for me. They handle most their narrative in one minute or less cut scenes and lore cards; then you're thrown into the latest 3-6 man activity to grind for stuff they are just going to take away from you later. It's all become too pointless for me. Destiny is has reduced itself to a distraction built just thick enough to support Eververse, and I've grown tired of that. Hopefully Witch Queen will offer more than this, but there are too many games out there to enjoy if it doesn't.

Finishing the MSQ on Legendary will give you a full set of 1520 armor and 8 upgrade modules, among other stuff.

Am I nuts or do I continue to perceive a bias in favor of Warlocks? (Going over probably several years.) It seems like they far and away are going the best boosts/exotics/ and benefits going into Witch Queen and Titan and especially Hunter are getting the shaft.

Finishing the MSQ on Legendary will give you a full set of 1520 armor and 8 upgrade modules, among other stuff.
I'm soooo excited for the legendary campaign, not even for the better loot but just for the challenge. The last few campaigns have been so laughably easy that I disengage from them because it just turns into a point and click rpg with guns.

Am I nuts or do I continue to perceive a bias in favor of Warlocks? (Going over probably several years.) It seems like they far and away are going the best boosts/exotics/ and benefits going into Witch Queen and Titan and especially Hunter are getting the shaft.
I don't want to say yes... But yes lol. It's kinda weird, I remember when it seemed like it was the polar opposite and hunters were the golden child's of the game and warlocks felt very abandoned. Never stopped me from enjoying my warlock main, now that the roles are reversed I'm hoping they buff the titans and hunters to match instead of nerfing warlocks.

Hunters are not getting the shaft. (they've always been the chosen class!)

All the big streamer hunter players are saying it's just a meta shift and they're going to be better than today. I was just listening to Datto and FalloutPlays (and Frosty) yesterday and the both specifically mentioned it.

like this

Good launch trailer. At first, I didn't think much of the song until I paid attention to the lyrics and then I understood why they picked that song.

Wish i could find the remix they used of the song (Cruel World by Phantogram)

like this
An unfortunate glitch happened for a number of people including myself: The cutscene that's supposed to play after you finish the Excorism activity simply didn't play. In my case it acted like I pressed the skip button but I didn't. It's not the end of the world since I was able to go on youtube and see it easily enough but kind of a shame.

LOL, we all know how this is going to be come next week. I'll be amazed if I am playing this at all on that first day when Witch Queen is out.

Yep, that's because anyone in the fireteam can skip the cutscene. Fun.

On another note, I finally got Vex. Hoping to do a catalyst run sometime this week.

Anyone looking forward to the Witch Queen?
The game server is down and Steam update/patch size is about 22GB.

Super excited, I have my ps5 downloading it now. I planned a day in the city today since servers will be a shit show and have all day tomorrow off to play the game lol

Up to the 3rd "boss" fight solo on hardmode campaign. Its not terrible, but would be better with one other person

I'm playing the campaign in regular first then I'll go back and do legendary.

Last edited:
Up to the 3rd "boss" fight solo on hardmode campaign. Its not terrible, but would be better with one other person
I did the first 2 quests with a friend and then the 3rd quest solo all on legendary and enemies are noticeably harder with a friend. They aren't double the HP but they are atleast 1.5-1.75x harder to kill compared to solo.

That said I'm really enjoying legendary mode, it's like playing a story based mini-dungeon and I'm loving the challenge. Witherhoard+gnawing hunger (the last xur roll) have been carrying my ass hard. Witherhoard with the catalyst is incredibly handy for this lol. It's crowd control and constant boss damage makes it much easier.

like this
Back