Destiny 2

Yeah one of my main issues with the game is the unintuitive UI. It's like the developpers of this game never played another game in their life.

Luckily the gameplay itself it pretty solid so there is that.
Destiny 2 really excels at gameplay.

I have really enjoyed this dungeon so far. Went ahead and got my solo/flawless run in on it earlier. I used well on my warlock. Worked like a charm.

I have really enjoyed this dungeon so far. Went ahead and got my solo/flawless run in on it earlier. I used well on my warlock. Worked like a charm.
I need to get my light up a bit before I try that. Plus, Warlock jump sucks. I'll probably die on all the jumping stuff.

I need to get my light up a bit before I try that. Plus, Warlock jump sucks. I'll probably die on all the jumping stuff.

Its not bad being a warlock in the new dungeon, there is very little if you miss the jump you die parts. It's not like whisper or outbreak. The most dangerous thing are the traps, but they are also hilarious.

Its not bad being a warlock in the new dungeon, there is very little if you miss the jump you die parts. It's not like whisper or outbreak. The most dangerous thing are the traps, but they are also hilarious.
Warlock jump isn't very intuitive. I have the hardest time transitioning to it versus the other two. I've done Whisper of the Worm and Zero Hour with all three classes, but the Warlock is the most difficult for me to use.

Warlock jump isn't very intuitive. I have the hardest time transitioning to it versus the other two. I've done Whisper of the Worm and Zero Hour with all three classes, but the Warlock is the most difficult for me to use.

I'm terrible with titan jumps, so so with hunter, warlock is like second nature to me

I'm terrible with titan jumps, so so with hunter, warlock is like second nature to me
Well, a hunter's double jump is virtually the same as any double jump in any other game. With the right cyberware, you can get it in Cyberpunk 2077. Any game with a double-jump works as it does in Destiny 2. The Titan's is a bit more complicated as it feels more like jumping with far less than normal gravity. The problem with the Warlock is the whole thing about having to look specifically the direction you want to jump before doing it. It's the only game I can think of where jumping works this way. People who main a Warlock generally adapt and get used to it, but it's the least intuitive for an experienced gamer or someone who uses the other classes more.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
My son is super stoked, he's been playing the d2 free version for a while, then got a taste of the expansions when Xbox brought out the gamepass version.

Now that it's gone from there he was sad and starring to save up for the games. Just got him the legendary edition and the witch queen deluxe for Christmas and he is so excited.

He found out that he got 3 forsaken tokens for 3 exotic forsaken weapons, lord help us he has discovered Jotuun in crucible now lol.

So back playing Destiny 2 again, it does look really good and plays smooth as hot butter with my RTX 3080 on my 34" Ultrawide.

So I bought on Steam, Shadowkeep, which was only $8. So now I have all 3 expansions, Forsaken, Shadowkeep, and Beyond Light.

But I don't have the latest Season pass or the 30th anniversary DLC. So do I need those to have more to do now?

I have 3 characters, one of each class. They're all like i1240+ geared, my Hunter is i1270, but seems stuck there, any drops I get are between i1250 - i1270, nothing higher on my Hunter.

So how or where do I find higher gear? Do I need to purchase the latest season pass for new stuff to run for better gear?

So back playing Destiny 2 again, it does look really good and plays smooth as hot butter with my RTX 3080 on my 34" Ultrawide.

So I bought on Steam, Shadowkeep, which was only $8. So now I have all 3 expansions, Forsaken, Shadowkeep, and Beyond Light.

But I don't have the latest Season pass or the 30th anniversary DLC. So do I need those to have more to do now?

I have 3 characters, one of each class. They're all like i1240+ geared, my Hunter is i1270, but seems stuck there, any drops I get are between i1250 - i1270, nothing higher on my Hunter.

So how or where do I find higher gear? Do I need to purchase the latest season pass for new stuff to run for better gear?

I play Destiny 2 and have reached 1330 cap on 2 characters, and this guide seems to be a good source of accurate info on leveling up.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/destiny-2-powerful-pinnacle-gear-sources-soft-max-level-cap-6007

1320 is the soft cap (can even be reached with blue gear doing any activities that reward powerful gear.)
1330 is the hard cap for gear. After 1320, you can only gain light levels through activities that reward pinnacle gear.

Light levels above that are granted by your seasonal artifact and leveling that. This happens naturally. The reason your light may be stuck is you lack the season pass and 30th anniversary content.

Last edited:
Points of Connection Triumph Season of the Lost: 7/8.... I need the 8th message at that computer next to the Wayfinder compass and I can't get it to happen. I never could. I have looked around and seen others with that issue. Anyone else? Am I missing something easy and dumb?

Anyone or I guess some people including me or just never going to get this done. Too bad. Pretty dumb.

I play Destiny 2 and have reached 1330 cap on 2 characters, and this guide seems to be a good source of accurate info on leveling up.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/destiny-2-powerful-pinnacle-gear-sources-soft-max-level-cap-6007

Here's a good website that can help track what you should be doing to get your LL up to soft cap as quickly as possible.

https://destinyoptimizer.com/

There are many versions of this website, this is just one.

I would recommend browsing through https://www.blueberries.gg/resources/ too, and that website in general as it will answer a lot of questions that the game itself does a very poor job of explaining.

Also, you can always ask here.

So how this goes if I understand it properly is this: Put on the lowest scoring gear you have in every slot. Go to Dares of Eternity and fire it up. The matchmaking will put you in with low scoring new players. Once it's loaded in you can go back to normal. What's funny is you will see others doing the same thing so peek at the players list every so often to make sure at least one legit low score/new player is in there. I started out with 6 and then 4 of them ended up being masqueraders along with me. It should be sufficient. Apparently the emblem is issued later.

So how this goes if I understand it properly is this: Put on the lowest scoring gear you have in every slot. Go to Dares of Eternity and fire it up. The matchmaking will put you in with low scoring new players. Once it's loaded in you can go back to normal. What's funny is you will see others doing the same thing so peek at the players list every so often to make sure at least one legit low score/new player is in there. I started out with 6 and then 4 of them ended up being masqueraders along with me. It should be sufficient. Apparently the emblem is issued later.

you dont even have to do that to get the emblem. Just complete a dares of eternity.

I've been lowering my light level for a week or so, it was alsmot all new lights. Now its mostly other players lowering their light.

like this
I think it's awesome, don't have to masterwork a weapon for it to produce orbs OR have the catalyst for an exotic to generate orbs.

I have a ton of weapons I would use more if they were able to generate orbs without having to spend materials on them to masterwork them.

Some weapons I pull out of vault just to use for a specific thing, then don't use it again for a month or two, not worth the materials to masterwork IMO, being able to equip a mod and that rarely used weapon is able to produce orbs is very cool IMO.

like this
I think it's awesome, don't have to masterwork a weapon for it to produce orbs OR have the catalyst for an exotic to generate orbs.

I have a ton of weapons I would use more if they were able to generate orbs without having to spend materials on them to masterwork them.

Some weapons I pull out of vault just to use for a specific thing, then don't use it again for a month or two, not worth the materials to masterwork IMO, being able to equip a mod and that rarely used weapon is able to produce orbs is very cool IMO.

I see what you're saying. It's probably one of those things where it reads a certain way and I won't really know what's what until I actually see it and use it in practice. I certainly hope I end up feeling the same way you do about it.

I'm having a chat with a friend of mine who is big into these games and he is VERY unhappy about this change. I probably tilt more his way on this but we'll see. I think he brings up some valid concerns at least:

You have 10 Energy on fully masterworked armor.

I assume the new Orb making mod will cost anywhere from 2 to 4 Energy. I'd put money on it being affinity-based; need an arc helmet to make orbs with arc weapons. I'll give Bungie the benefit of the doubt and assume they add kinetic weapons in with the elemental mod but wouldn't at all be surprised if there wasn't a separate generic kinetic orb generator mod available.

In PvP, I use a High Energy Fire charged with light build. I mainly use Pulse Rifle and Sidearm. My current PvP helmet has 3 Mobility mod, 2 Sidearm Targeting mod, 3 Pulse Targeting mod, and 2 Charged Up mod. All mods slots used, all 10 energy used.

Regardless of energy cost, either Targeting mod has to go. Or a combo of Sidearm and Charged Up have to go if it cost 3 or 4.

It is a nerf. The helmet is already crowded. In PvP, you're going to have to sacrifice a targeting mod (some of which cost 5 energy to equip). In PvE, an ammo finder is going to have to be sacrificed. Elemental affinity means you won't be able to use a solar energy and an arc heavy and make orbs with both. If there's both an element mod and a kinetic mod, you'll have to use both and completely give up ammo finders or targeting mods, assuming you have enough energy.

It is, in every way, completely retarded. Not to mention, it completely devalues masterwork weapons as the minor stat increase is practically unnoticeable in actual gameplay anyway.

Almost all of the weapons I keep are fully masterworked, because of making orbs.

That's roughly 17 enhancement cores and 27 shards per weapon, completely wasted materials come February 22nd.

I'm having a chat with a friend of mine who is big into these games and he is VERY unhappy about this change. I probably tilt more his way on this but we'll see. I think he brings up some valid concerns at least:
He is just guessing, no one knows how its going to work. Of course all of the people against it are going to assume the worst case scenario and state their opinions like they are fact.

like this
He is just guessing, no one knows how its going to work. Of course all of the people against it are going to assume the worst case scenario and state their opinions like they are fact.
Ok, when has bungie not messed up more than they have fixed in Destiny 2?

Their pretty darn predatory imo.

like this
Ok, when has bungie not messed up more than they have fixed in Destiny 2?

Their pretty darn predatory imo.
I never said they wont fuck it up, my comment is just about people stating their opinion like its fact with ZERO experience with the thing they already hate. Believe me, if they fuck it up I'll be bitching too.

like this

It's going to depend on the player, I've been playing since launch so the mat requirements to masterwork a weapon right now aren't even a consideration to me. I just masterwork weapons when I feel like it because it's nothing more than a small dent from my total mats.

This change will most likely affect me negatively way more than a newer player who currently doesn't have this luxury which is why it's happening. Bungie has a serious issue trying to lure and keep new players, their current systems are confusing and prohibitive to newlights.

Even helping my son progress in this game the fact he's still missing a huge chunk of the good mods and doesn't have an unlimited trove of mats to buy stuff/master work things makes it alot harder for him to play/compete.

like this
It's going to depend on the player, I've been playing since launch so the mat requirements to masterwork a weapon right now aren't even a consideration to me. I just masterwork weapons when I feel like it because it's nothing more than a small dent from my total mats.

This change will most likely affect me negatively way more than a newer player who currently doesn't have this luxury which is why it's happening. Bungie has a serious issue trying to lure and keep new players, their current systems are confusing and prohibitive to newlights.

Even helping my son progress in this game the fact he's still missing a huge chunk of the good mods and doesn't have an unlimited trove of mats to buy stuff/master work things makes it alot harder for him to play/compete.

I'm not a new player by any stretch (started when Curse of Osirus released)

like this
dwitch.jpg

Just managed to Solo Flawless Prophecy! After doing GoA earlier this season it kinda bugged me that I had not been able to do Prophecy yet. This past week I went from "This is impossible" to "I have that fancy emblem now!"

I'm never gonna run that dungeon again. Well, for the rest of the day at least.

I did many practice runs and literally studied youtube videos with different strategies and loadouts. Witherhoard, cartesian, and falling guillotine for the first encounter with the stag helmet and well. After that I ran the same loudout, with threaded needle and devour. Glad that's over.

Just managed to Solo Flawless Prophecy! After doing GoA earlier this season it kinda bugged me that I had not been able to do Prophecy yet. This past week I went from "This is impossible" to "I have that fancy emblem now!"

I'm never gonna run that dungeon again. Well, for the rest of the day at least.

I did many practice runs and literally studied youtube videos with different strategies and loadouts. Witherhoard, cartesian, and falling guillotine for the first encounter with the stag helmet and well. After that I ran the same loudout, with threaded needle and devour. Glad that's over.
Nice, I've been trying to solo GoA (not flawless) That fucking ogre is the bain of my existence. I get through 2 damage phases then screw up somehow EVERY time. I soloed Harbinger for the first time today, so there is that.

like this
Crucible has been brutal for the last couple weeks. I consider myself above average in pvp, but lately it feels like I'm getting wrecked much more often. I still enjoy it, but maybe I'm getting too old to keep up in the crucible lol.

Last edited:
like this
Crucible has been brutal for the last couple weeks. I consider myself above average in pvp, but lately it feels like I'm getting wrecked much more often. I still enjoy it, but maybe I'm getting too old to keep up in the crucible lol.
It may not be an age thing. I had thought that about myself, but after watching a lot of videos on the topic, it turns out Crucible in Destiny 2 is just different than other multiplayer titles. I've been changing the way I'm doing things and my K/D has been rising slowly. Things like, when to disengage and escape from fights you can't possibly win and stuff like that. The game has a lot of nuance to it and if you go in there playing it like any other multiplayer game, you'll get your shit pushed in every time.

I'll never solo any dungeon. LOL.
I've solo'ed the Pit of Heresy dungeon. It's probably the easiest one.

Last edited:
It may not be an age thing. I had thought that about myself, but after watching a lot of videos on the topic, it turns out Crucible in Destiny 2 is just different than other multiplayer titles. I've been changing the way I'm doing things and my K/D has been rising slowly. Things like, when to disengage and escape from fights you can't possibly win and stuff like that. The game has a lot of nuance to it and if you go in there playing it like any other multiplayer game, you'll get your shit pushed in every time.
You're right about those nuances. I've been trying to get better at choosing my battles more wisely and disengaging when things aren't in my favor. I'm also trying to work on my hand cannon accuracy. I noticed the guys that can consistently get the 3 tap typically dominate.

Back