Destiny 2

I read something that said the HDR brightness adjustment screens are misleading. It said the best thing to do is leave both adjustments at default. I did that and it does look better (still a bit oversaturated). When I adjust the HDR brightness as directed on the two icon screens on my CX, it introduces lots of black crush. Leaving them at default looks better.
The brightness in game was the one thing i tinkered with and the black crush on the moon was unbearable, so like you I set it back to default.

The brightness in game was the one thing i tinkered with and the black crush on the moon was unbearable, so like you I set it back to default.
I played a bit more last night and noticed that I still get some black crush in dark areas, specifically most rock shadows are devoid of detail. For example if I enter one of the lost sectors that are in a cave where you have to use a flashlight. Does this happen to anyone else, if not, what settings are you using? I just recently moved to a OLED from my DELL 34" ultrawide, so I havent really change much setting on the LG with the exception of lowering the SDR brightness to 30. I did also lower the HDR brightness to 45, but increasing it doesn't seem to make the black crush any better.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I played a bit more last night and noticed that I still get some black crush in dark areas, specifically most rock shadows are devoid of detail. For example if I enter one of the lost sectors that are in a cave where you have to use a flashlight. Does this happen to anyone else, if not, what settings are you using? I just recently moved to a OLED from my DELL 34" ultrawide, so I havent really change much setting on the LG with the exception of lowering the SDR brightness to 30. I did also lower the HDR brightness to 45, but increasing it doesn't seem to make the black crush any better.

One thing I learned a while back so far as the game settings go (this sounds strange but it matters): Dial in the game brightness and so on without HDR on first or leave it at default which is in the middle. Then turn HDR on and work from there after that.

One thing I learned a while back so far as the game settings go (this sounds strange but it matters): Dial in the game brightness and so on without HDR on first or leave it at default which is in the middle. Then turn HDR on and work from there after that.
Thanks ill give it a shot.

like this
Loaded up Shattered Throne yesterday and finally polished off my Ager Scepter and Lorentz Driver Catalysts in the Thrall room. Scepter is awesome for add clear. In fact, here is an interesting video for the Warlock mains (can also translate to other classes to a large degree):

One of my buddies (local) and his two boys invited me to their Clan. We had so much fun together I bowed out of my large, frequent engram dropping, Clan to join them. With my hours and age, it seemed more my speed. Rarely ever did play with the other Clan, and the 20-something drama got old fast when I did. Good peeps though, helped me out and were patient with me when we were on a Raid, it certainly wasn't due to hard feelings. Went to our Discord to explain myself, and everybody seemed cool.

The local buddy is on Crossplay (PS5), which has been interesting. Have to say I'm impressed with how Bungie mitigated the pros and cons between the two platforms. He also got a god roll Messenger (Desperado, Rapid Hit, Ricochet Rounds & Smallbore) and Reeds Regret (Vorpal, Triple Tap) in the same day. I've gone through 20+ Messengers and haven't seen a Desperado yet, let alone a god roll. I told him we cannot be friends any longer, lol.

Eager to see where the story goes at reset today. Nearly there!

Last edited:
Man, so we just went on a 50 game win streak in iron banner as a random 6 stack, what's even better is it was a group of 4 console players and 2 PC players so we got alot of matches against PC lobbies but we still kicked ass.

What's disgusting is the amount of 6 randoms we faced as a 6 stack, I think out of those 50 games we faced MAYBE 4 other 5+ stack groups.

Man, so we just went on a 50 game win streak in iron banner as a random 6 stack, what's even better is it was a group of 4 console players and 2 PC players so we got alot of matches against PC lobbies but we still kicked ass.

What's disgusting is the amount of 6 randoms we faced as a 6 stack, I think out of those 50 games we faced MAYBE 4 other 5+ stack groups.
I wonder if you were a member of one of the groups that creamed me yesterday lol. My character name is Gorunova, whats yours?

Last edited:

I don't know if I'm just grumpy these days, but I just seriously dislike pvp. It's just frustrating as I don't enjoy the ability/special spam. I was still working on getting my warlock to the pinnacle cap this week and decided that I would try some IB bounties. Matchmaking was not kind to me at all. One mercy game and I was done. I used to REALLY enjoy IB too....especially when I spent my time farming for a good Swarm of the Raven.

In other news, what is the GM level requirement for this season?

I don't know if I'm just grumpy these days, but I just seriously dislike pvp. It's just frustrating as I don't enjoy the ability/special spam. I was still working on getting my warlock to the pinnacle cap this week and decided that I would try some IB bounties. Matchmaking was not kind to me at all. One mercy game and I was done. I used to REALLY enjoy IB too....especially when I spent my time farming for a good Swarm of the Raven.

In other news, what is the GM level requirement for this season?
The GM level requirement for this season is 1345

like this
Destiny 2 arrives on Xbox Game Pass for PC on October 12th

While the looter shooter has been available on the Xbox console side of Xbox Game Pass for more than a year, PC players have been patiently waiting for it to be included on Xbox Game Pass for PC...Microsoft is now bundling Destiny 2: Beyond Light on Xbox Game Pass for PC on October 12th...Witch Queen, Destiny 2’s next big expansion, won’t be available on Xbox Game Pass at launch

like this
So I joined a tiny little Clan that is mainly just a buddy of mine, his two pre-teen sons, and one or two others. I haven't had this much fun inside Destiny in I don't know how long. We'll do a Raid or Nightfall or whatever, but inevitably end up in a Rumble match with each other where everyone can only use some random weapon no one has touched in ages. Last night it was Arbalest and then Lumina. I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Not getting any Bounties done, Seasonal Challenges or elusive Trials god rolls... but I'm also not logging off frustrated and wondering why I still play this game (approaching 1900 hrs btw).

So I joined a tiny little Clan that is mainly just a buddy of mine, his two pre-teen sons, and one or two others. I haven't had this much fun inside Destiny in I don't know how long. We'll do a Raid or Nightfall or whatever, but inevitably end up in a Rumble match with each other where everyone can only use some random weapon no one has touched in ages. Last night it was Arbalest and then Lumina. I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Not getting any Bounties done, Seasonal Challenges or elusive Trials god rolls... but I'm also not logging off frustrated and wondering why I still play this game (approaching 1900 hrs btw).

Playing a game and having fun. Imagine that. ;)

My Clan and I made it into a Youtuber's video... and by "made it in" I mean "you can watch us getting trashed over and over again" lol. Benny, who is a skilled PvP'er, was pulling out some old favorites from his Vault (Midnight Coup in this case) and seeing what they were like in the Crucible today. My Clan - BLT which consists of myself, Ztrex (buddy on PS5 Crossplay), Thing 2 & Baguette (his two sons) and Eggnog, was just goofing off trying to finish some Bounties. The result starts bout the 8 minute mark below:

Props to Benny, who kept referring to us as the "5 Stack", for showing his kills and deaths, dropping some tips along the way, and not being a PvP snob. We had just watched one of his videos earlier that same day, so it was fun (for the young ones especially) to play with him in-game.

Just got a random email from Bungie for a $450 giftcard to do a 7 day playsession with a diary. No GPU so can't play but thought it was odd so might want to keep your eyes out. I maybe played an hour when it went f2p on PC or some store gave it away for free.

We are looking for Destiny 2 players like you to participate in an interview + one-week diary study between December 2021 to January 2022. This research is 100% remote, so you can participate from wherever you are located.

During the week, you will be asked to talk to a researcher and submit diary entries each day. There will be a 1-hour interview at the beginning of the study, and a 7-day set of tasks and diary entries, which should take no more than 30 mins to complete each day.

When you complete the study, we will send you a $450 gift card of your choice as a thank-you for your valuable time and feedback. If you only complete part of the study, you will only receive part of the reward based on the number of days that you have completed.

To sign up, please fill out this survey to tell us more about yourself and your experience with Destiny. If your background matches with what we are looking for, we will contact you via email.

like this

This is nuts. Hit and miss. Maybe I'll go down to 60 like he's considering until it's fixed.

I'm more or less where he's at. I'm barely playing and probably won't until the 30th Anniversary stuff hits. He makes some good points in this.

I've been playing new world; I have maybe logged an hour or two in Destiny over the past month.

like this
Sounds like a lot of us are in the same place. I haven't even hit the level cap this Season (close though). If Banshee or Xur has a god roll I'll log in, otherwise I've been off playing other games or working. Looked at other new games, but don't want to have more than one MMO in my life, and few Producers seem interested in making Single Player games at the moment. I play a few little Indie games here and there, but feels like a content drought for sure.

like this
So I finally caved and bought Beyond Light + 1 season pack.... (Bought base-game at launch, Forsaken, and Shadowkeep - which I never touched)

I haven't really played at all since Forsaken. Have I made a wise decision?

(I just HAD to take a break from theory-crafting in Grim Dawn and figured this would be an interesting change of pace??)

like this
So I would pick this up but I don't know if it's a Strike Dungeon or a 3 person Raid is says it's a Raid nobody really knows on Steam.

Last edited:
So I would pick this up but I don't know if it's a Strike Dungeon or a 3 person Raid is says it's a Raid nobody really know on Steam.
Not 100% but I think it's a dungeon like prophecy is, some people and publications call them mini-raids. So expect no match making like the other dungeons.

Raids look so Epic maybe when Destiny 3 adds matchmaking. The only thing that holds me back. The only strike I really enjoyed was in Destiny 1 where you had a time limit to get down this platform with a chest on the bottom forget what was called but ran it like 20 times but the trash mobs ruined it.

Some good tips in this as always along with the spectacle but there's no way in the world I'm going to get this done solo.

Some good tips in this as always along with the spectacle but there's no way in the world I'm going to get this done solo.

Ya that's crazy, just finished the dungeon blind with two other guys and it was a blast. Not exactly hard but you do have to pay attention lol. Got my Gally now, so far so good with it.

like this
My light is way too low to even attempt solo'ing that. I've completed the dungeon, but it was a bitch under 1330 light.

Back