Destiny 2

I had 2 crashes on Tuesday, 1 crash last night. Both just straight up crash to desktop, no error windows or prompts or anything.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I had 2 crashes on Tuesday, 1 crash last night. Both just straight up crash to desktop, no error windows or prompts or anything.

That's what mine looks like. The game will freeze for a moment, black screen, poof destop. All this in a matter of seconds. It hasn't been a lot but like you maybe a couple or three times now since the update.

I could be kidding myself but I also feel like I've lost maybe 15-20 fps *at times* and my GPU is running a little hotter than before. I will have to look through patch notes and see if they changed or "bumped up" anything. My settings look the same so not sure if there is anything to that or not. I have no reason to believe I have any problems with my machine so far.
It is probably battle eye anti cheat, bungie said it could/will affect performance depending on what you are running it on. I havent noticed any significant performance hit on my pc Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB RAM, 2080ti

like this
It is probably battle eye anti cheat, bungie said it could/will affect performance depending on what you are running it on. I havent noticed any significant performance hit on my pc Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB RAM, 2080ti

Ah that's probably it.

BTW the guardian requirement for this exotic Linear Fusion is not going to be happening any time soon for me and yes I have the rank 22 booster. Talk about a slog. I'll get it but gee whiz. I would never normally use an LF...frankly much ever...but especially in MP. Not easy.

ADD:
P.S. I bet this Battle Eye thing might be the reason for the freezes and crashes people are having.

Last edited:
Nice. Traveler's choice is fun to use. I need to get back to it. (Famous last words like too many other weapons.)

Nice. Traveler's choice is fun to use. I need to get back to it. (Famous last words like too many other weapons.)
The Catalyst for it dropped for me during a Strike the other day, so I ran it and the only Veritiy's Brow I had in my Vault for the rest of the day. Not bad. Used it with Arc for a bit, then Solar... I did like it for getting my Stasis Turret back fast for crowd control. For a sidearm it has some decent punch, but the gameplay loop did kind of bore me quickly. Went back to my Eye of Another World build before the end, but I'll keep it around for when I need a nade build.

Season-14.jpg

--

I'm going to miss just lobbing a grenade (launcher) at a Boss to debuff them, but this will work too I suppose:

Last edited:
^^ I'll definitely be working with a lot of that. Already Vex Mythoclast has been paying some nice dividends for me. I'll never use Linear Fusions a lot. I just don't care for them but I will make sure some of them are in the mix thanks to what I see in that video.

I haven't broken out 1k Voices in a long time, but had to complete Vex Myth Catalyst so have had it in my inventory for the last couple weeks. Not particularly excited about Sleeper, but may give it another chance if I find myself with a whole afternoon to play.

like this
Sleeper has been collecting dust for a while. For me.

Vex Mythoclast is an excellent weapon. That and Jotunn are going to be my go to Fusions and especially with this current season setup.

I haven't broken out 1k Voices in a long time, but had to complete Vex Myth Catalyst so have had it in my inventory for the last couple weeks. Not particularly excited about Sleeper, but may give it another chance if I find myself with a whole afternoon to play.

A certain crazy mutual friend of ours.. ;) .... is already rank 105 or some such. LOL I couldn't do it even if I had all the time in the world.

A certain crazy mutual friend of ours.. ;) .... is already rank 105 or some such. LOL I couldn't do it even if I had all the time in the world.

He told me he had 64 Bounties saved on EACH character leading up to the new Season. He was probably Rank 20 ten minutes into the Season. :ROFLMAO:

Well, game seems to be crashing consistently for me in Gambit. Earned me a suspension just by playing the game. Thanks, Bungie.

PS - I hate this seasons champion mods.

That is all.

like this
Well, game seems to be crashing consistently for me in Gambit. Earned me a suspension just by playing the game. Thanks, Bungie.

PS - I hate this seasons champion mods.

That is all.

Wait what? You're suspended because of THEIR technical issues.

Well, I speak from hard experience here but appeal it. That's absolutely unfair.

I am pretty convinced Battleye is the source of all the issues the game has been having since the update.

I would post about that on the Bungie help forums, Reddit...makes some noise. I think that's outrageous.

I'm not real big on the champion mods, either.

Thanks for the warning. When I go to finish my weeklies here if I get disconnected one time out of something like Gambit I'll just bail on it.

Last edited:
First month (or three) of BattleEye is probably going to a PITA, they told us this going in. Hopefully after some data gathering, things will smooth out, but I would definitely APPEAL. They are going to be looking at these much more forgivingly at the moment. Not so much in 6 months.

I could have been more clear, It’s just one of those 30 minute bans from an activity. I was able to get back in later and get the last match for the pinnacle…..but still. Bank motes. Hard lock. Reset. Bank motes. Hard lock. Reset. Time out.

like this
Wait what? You're suspended because of THEIR technical issues.

Well, I speak from hard experience here but appeal it. That's absolutely unfair.

I am pretty convinced Battleye is the source of all the issues the game has been having since the update.

I would post about that on the Bungie help forums, Reddit...makes some noise. I think that's outrageous.

I'm not real big on the champion mods, either.

Thanks for the warning. When I go to finish my weeklies here if I get disconnected one time out of something like Gambit I'll just bail on it.
Yep. If you drop from too many PvP matches you get a temporary suspension. Even if it is from crashing.

like this
Yep. If you drop from too many PvP matches you get a temporary suspension. Even if it is from crashing.

Unfair.

Going to be trying this. Malfeasance plus Lucky Pants as the lead on this week's Nightfall (on a Hunter.)

EDIT: It worked fairly well at 1320. I'll try this in Master soon although I'm probably going to adjust a few things.

Last edited:
I had near zero materials, so had to grind some Override. First two pieces were okaaaay, but not keepers. I want me some 67 Stat or higher gear!! I did have a nice chest piece drop for me while I had the mod on my Ghost however. It was a 64, but in all the right places. Converted it to Stasis and master worked it.

I need to farm some Nightfalls again.... *sigh*

like this
I had near zero materials, so had to grind some Override. First two pieces were okaaaay, but not keepers. I want me some 67 Stat or higher gear!! I did have a nice chest piece drop for me while I had the mod on my Ghost however. It was a 64, but in all the right places. Converted it to Stasis and master worked it.

I need to farm some Nightfalls again.... *sigh*

Speaking just for myself: This slate of Nightfalls is going to be dismal for farming prospects.

Is there any way to get decrypted data if you didnt play season of the splicer?

If the icon for the Override activity is not in your Helm, and there is not a big Servitor to talk to down the left stairs (both off to the left), then I don't believe so.

like this
If the icon for the Override activity is not in your Helm, and there is not a big Servitor to talk to down the left stairs (both off to the left), then I don't believe so.
The Servitor is there, but when I interact with him it only shows a partially filled progress bar for engram level I think. I really want to farm for a good roll on Grid Skipper.

The Servitor is there, but when I interact with him it only shows a partially filled progress bar for engram level I think. I really want to farm for a good roll on Grid Skipper.

During Season of the Slicer, he had the same 3 Tier unlock system as all the other Seasonal Activities have had. Through that, and the Seasons narrative, you could get the Override activity. This becomes a large icon on the left of the Helm's map. That activity is the only place we can still get Decrypted Data, which you need to focus Engrams. For Gridskipper, you'd want to focus the Tier 2 "Splicer Vandal's Armory".

That said, you can still open the Tier 1 "Splicer Armory" Engrams without Decrypted Data. It drops all the Splicer weapons, which obviously isn't as good, but frankly almost all the Splicer weapons can drop with excellent rolls! The Chroma Rush AR can get: Subsistence / Rampage or Dynamic Sway Reduction / Kill Clip among others. Ignition Code GL can have Slideshot / Vorpal (or Demolitionist) with Sticky Grenades, or Ambitious Assassin / Danger Zone with Blinding Grenades. These are all God Rolls, and with the Perk pool being so small, they are relatively easy to get. The Machine Gun - Shattered Cipher, is also pretty good. None of them are really bad to be honest, so hopefully you can get some good rolls regardless. Either way, good luck and I hope it works out for you.

Aeger's Scepter is awesome. I can't wait to see it with catalyst and some mods.

Yes, y'all need to drop whatever and go see Xur NOW! He has several god rolls (in the Tower this week).

For starters, there is this:

Main Ingredient.jpg

Not sure this could roll any better (for PvP). If you're not sure why, then check out this:

He also has a rather nice Dire Promise and Bottom Dollar. See for yourself:

Like I said, GO NOW!!!

Last edited:
So if the Main Ingredient mentioned above is the god roll for PvP, then according to Ehoar, the Cartesean with Vorpal, Accelerated Coils & a Charge Masterwork is the best straight up DPS Fusion for PvE.

That said, if you're just getting the stacks of Particle Deconstruction up and switching to your heavy Linear Fusion Riffle, then Vex & Needle or literally any 460 & 1k Voices / Sleeper is probably still your best bet.

I've been running a lot of Vex Mythoclast with the current mods and setup. If you have that one I think it's one of the top Fusions and absolutely should be in the mix. Be sure to get its Catalyst done, too. Max it out. Also: Don't forget Jotunn.

Last edited:
I've been running a lot of Vex Mythoclast with the current mods and setup. If you have that one I think it's one of the top Fusions and absolutely should be in the mix. Be sure to get its Catalyst done, too. Max it out. Also: Don't forget Jotunn.
Haha I decided to give my mythoclass a break in crucible and went to jotunn+messenger instead, started getting t-bagged alot for it.

Never underestimate the power of Jotunn to piss off other people

like this
Haha I decided to give my mythoclass a break in crucible and went to jotunn+messenger instead, started getting t-bagged alot for it.

Never underestimate the power of Jotunn to piss off other people

LOL

I'd rather see that than the still godly "slide shotgun insta kill" that I thought was going to be a nerfed a touch but clearly hasn't been.

This game has been kind of a mess since the weekly reset.

On Seasonal Challenges, I have gone through Shattered Realms twice now with Ageter's Scepter and blown up all the illusory walls and still have not gotten credit for any of them. I'm past the three required.

This game has been kind of a mess since the weekly reset.

On Seasonal Challenges, I have gone through Shattered Realms twice now with Ageter's Scepter and blown up all the illusory walls and still have not gotten credit for any of them. I'm past the three required.

It's bugged, same reason blowing up the walls didnt count for progress on the catalyst.

When I play this game in HDR it looks oversaturated. I don’t have this problem with any other games. I can’t tell if it’s the artistic intent, a bug, or just poor HDR implementation. Anyone else run into this?

When I play this game in HDR it looks oversaturated. I don’t have this problem with any other games. I can’t tell if it’s the artistic intent, a bug, or just poor HDR implementation. Anyone else run into this?

I've been satisfied with it. My monitor is set properly and I just dial it in from the in game menu. Subjective preferences after that I'm sure.

It also looks a bit saturated to me on my C1. I have not really tweaked any of the picture settings yet, but it doesn't bother me.

It also looks a bit saturated to me on my C1. I have not really tweaked any of the picture settings yet, but it doesn't bother me.
I read something that said the HDR brightness adjustment screens are misleading. It said the best thing to do is leave both adjustments at default. I did that and it does look better (still a bit oversaturated). When I adjust the HDR brightness as directed on the two icon screens on my CX, it introduces lots of black crush. Leaving them at default looks better.

Back