Destiny 2

LOL 4 runs through Tangled Shore lost sector and diddly squat.
My word. Just had a Gambit match where none of the motes I banked counted. Nothing. 0 banked motes. None.

Also, you guys hear of the cheese where a team can drop like 6+ large blockers at once? Ya, that apparently still works.

Turning it off. I think I'm done for the week.

Holy cow. Thanks for the warning.

I needed a break. Got home last night and loaded up Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Probably a mistake, I may not be back to Destiny for a couple weeks, lol.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50373
Hotfix 5.2.0.2 will go live next Tuesday, May 25, at the daily reset. Maintenance windows and expected downtime can be viewed here once they are made available.

Fixed an issue where the exotic catalyst for sidearm "Cryosthesia 77K" was incorrectly accruing progress through energy slot weapon kills

Coming next Tuesday's patch. Get it done now.

New Season, new look. Fairly happy with my fashion game so far:

Fashion.jpg

Looks like today is leg day. Don't skip leg day.

1310 k1 revelation (Sorrows harbour) with legs

like this
Looks like today is leg day. Don't skip leg day.

1310 k1 revelation (Sorrows harbour) with legs

Going after it. I had pulled back because these had been glitched so I'm assuming it's all fixed now.

EDIT: Done. I hate some of these lost sectors. I ran out of time but I did finish it and got the Star Eater Scales to drop on the first run thankfully.

Last edited:
I really don't plan on playing much this season apart from this raid today or tomorrow. The "run strikes/crucible/gambit and do bounties" cycle has gotten to me.

Live feed of the Vault of Glass about go underway apparently.

Needless to say tons of people are on. Frak: I'm watching Random and his crew on Twitch doing it right now, too.

Wow, this is insane. It's harder than D1's variant in some ways apparently.

Last edited:
I really don't plan on playing much this season apart from this raid today or tomorrow. The "run strikes/crucible/gambit and do bounties" cycle has gotten to me.

I am feeling this. There are a few weapon rolls I want, but apart from that... not sure I'm going to log a ton of time this Season. Maybe GM rewards will change my mind; we'll see.

like this
Woo, got the mythoclast on my first run. Joined a Sherpa group that was already on aethon, so fricken excited to play with it in PvP lol

like this
Woo, got the mythoclast on my first run. Joined a Sherpa group that was already on aethon, so fricken excited to play with it in PvP lol
I was the 2nd person to get it in my clan on the....5th run? It's so underwhelming it makes me sad. It needs like a slight range buff or more damage for the limited range it has.

like this
I was the 2nd person to get it in my clan on the....5th run? It's so underwhelming it makes me sad. It needs like a slight range buff or more damage for the limited range it has.
Ya, I very quickly discovered how meh it was ☹️ its range and stability/kick back is terrible. It does as much damage as a 360 auto rifle but has the range and stability of an smg, it's only good point is the linear fusion mode.

I'll save it for fusion rifle bounties but that's about it until it gets buffed.

Last edited:
like this
Tried to lfg for VOG this weekend and didn't have a great experience. Ended up joining a group under the listing "VOG - willing to teach" which really meant it was a clan farming the 10 sherpas for newbies so they could get the specialer emblem. Got an ok roll on the rocket and the emblem for like 10 minutes of play. Guess I'll try to get some of the clan active again to make a full run.

No one discussed this last hotfix:

Bungie has deployed Hotfix 3.2.0.3 to Destiny 2 across all platforms. This is the patch that nerfs Stasis but also has some non-Stasis related fixes in it. Full patch notes below:

Activities​

Free Roam​

• Added an energy barrier to the Scavenger’s Den Lost Sector on EDZ, while on Legend or Master difficulty, to prevent skipping most of the encounters.
  • The Empty Tank Lost Sector on Tangled Shore now rewards the correct Exotic gear, in line with the other Lost Sectors’ reward rotation.

Raids​

• Vault of Glass armor mods now appear in the Collections tab.
  • Fixed an issue where players could kill Atheon by tethering Supplicants as they self-destruct.
  • Fixed an issue where players could kill Atheon in the Future Venus portal before starting the encounter.
  • Fixed an issue where players could break Minotaur shields in the Gatekeeper encounter by using Prometheus Lens.
  • Fixed an issue where Aegis Relic blocking ability was not continuously blocking damage.

Gameplay and Investment​

Armor​

• Path of the Burning Steps no longer grants a stack of its buff on becoming slowed by Stasis, only when becoming encased.
  • Star-Eater Scales
    • Now correctly grants its damage bonus while the player is standing in a Well of Radiance.
    • The status icon for Feast of Light now correctly scales up to x8, gaining one stack per Orb picked up.
    • Fixed an issue when calculating Super bonus damage. Having 4 stacks of Feast of Light will grant a 55% bonus to Super damage, and having a full 8 stacks will grant a 70% bonus to Super damage. For context, the original formula at the start of the Season was a 60% bonus to damage at 4 stacks.

Weapons​

• Fixed an issue where the Roar of the Wyrm ornament for Whisper of the Worm Exotic’s geometry would disappear when walking against walls.

Bounties and Pursuits​

• Fixed an issue where projectile melee ability kills weren’t counting toward progress for Step 4 of the Iron-Handed Diplomacy quest.
  • Fixed an issue where the Capture Completionist Triumph would not properly unlock for some players.

Abilities​

General Stasis

Stasis Freeze

• Reduced duration of all non-Super freezes vs. players to 1.35s.
    • Note: This freeze is too short to break out of, so breaking out is now only possible when frozen by a Super.
  • Reduced Special-weapon, Heavy-weapon, and Light-ability bonus damage vs. frozen players from +50% to +5%.
Stasis Slow

• No longer reduces weapon accuracy.
    • Now increases weapon flinch when under fire.
  • No longer suppresses class ability and air moves (e.g., Icarus Dash).
    • Known issue: The Stormcaller’s Ionic Blink is still suppressed when slowed. We plan to address this in a future release.
  • Reduced movement speed penalty while slowed by ~20%.
Whisper of Hedrons Fragment

• No longer increases weapon damage after freezing.
  • Now increases weapon stability, weapon aim assist, Mobility, Resilience, and Recovery after freezing.
Whisper of Rime Fragment

• No longer provides overshield while in Super.
Coldsnap Grenade

• Seeker no longer tracks targets after initial target acquisition.
  • Increased arming duration before seeker spawns from 0.3s to 0.8s.
  • Reduced detonation radius vs. players from 3m to 1.5m.
  • Now bounces off walls and detonates on the ground.
Titan Behemoth

Shiver Strike

• Reduced flight speed and distance.
  • Reduced knockback vs. players.
  • Removed slow detonation on player impact.
Cryoclasm

• Now requires the Titan to sprint for 1.25s before activation when not in Super.
  • Removed cooldown.
Howl of the Storm

• Reduced angle of initial freezing/damage cone.
  • Reduced crystal-creation freezing radius.
  • Slowed down sequence of crystal formation to allow victims more opportunity to escape.
  • Now spawns a small crystal on walls if performed into walls.
Glacial Quake

• Reduced heavy slam vertical freeze range vs. players.
  • Reduced damage resistance from 50% to 47%.
Hunter Revenant

Withering Blade

• Reduced slow duration vs. players from 2.5s to 1.5s.
  • Reduced Whisper of Durance slow-duration extension vs. players from 2s to 0.5s.
  • Reduced damage vs. players from 65 to 45 (after one bounce reduced further to 30).
  • Reduced projectile speed by 10%.
  • Reduced tracking after bouncing off a wall.
Winter’s Shroud

• Reduced slow duration vs. players from 2.5s to 1.5s.
  • Reduced Whisper of Durance slow-duration extension vs. players from 2s to 0.5s.
Touch of Winter

• Coldsnap seeker no longer has increased movement speed or travel distance.
  • Coldsnap seeker now spawns a small Stasis crystal on detonation.
Warlock Shadebinder

Penumbral Blast

• Reduced tracking and proximity detonation size and tracking vs. players.
  • Reduced freeze radius vs. players when impacting the environment from 2.7m to 1.5m.
Iceflare Bolts

• Seeker now only chains once when spawned from a player shatter.
Winter’s Wrath

• Freezing-projectile tracking strength now ramps down to 0 after 2s of flight.

Rewards​

• Seasonal reward sources (including locked Override chests and the weekly vendor challenge) now correctly contain Seasonal class armor items and have been updated to reduce the frequency of getting duplicate items in succession.
  • The Iron Banner Machine Gun and Shotgun now drop from the Iron Banner engram.
  • Vault of Glass director tooltip will retain its Pinnacle drop notification for classes that have not yet cleared it each week, as drops will still be available.
  • Vault of Glass secret chests are now properly dropping Titan and Warlock armor.
  • Vault of Glass vendor purchase of the Templar package no longer occasionally grants incorrect weapons or armor.
  • Vault of Glass vendor purchase of the Templar package is no longer locking itself out due to incorrectly detecting if the player has obtained all of its possible results for the current character class.
  • Vault of Glass vendor purchases of Conflux, Gatekeeper, and Atheon packages now correctly grant armor when such a result is rolled, instead of nothing.

The big news here is some fairly serious stasis nerfing.

No one discussed this last hotfix:

The big news here is some fairly serious stasis nerfing.
I'm super happy about this, I hate stasis in PvP and hope they gut it as far as they can. It's a great aoe crowd control for PvE but it's honestly ruined crucible way to much which doesn't help when crucible already has enough problems to begin with.

like this
I think I'm pretty much done, the whole cycle with the seasons has gotten to me. I'm also done with pvp changes affecting/screwing up pve. I remember dealing with it way back in Destiny 1 and not understanding why pvp had to affect pve also. I've had it with pvp and pve being linked as much as they are, including great pve weapons being locked behind comp pvp ( I never did get Recluse because I rarely play pvp and suck at it and have zero interest in becoming really good at it, still I put in a lot of hours trying to get my comp rank high enough back then.)

I've logged in a few times this Season and have not been able to get into it. Mostly burnout after putting in so many hours last Season, but also just tired of retreading the same ground over and over again.

Wandered off to play the Mass Effect Legendary Edition, and Destiny feels like warm, flat, watered down soda after that, so I'm kind of in limbo. Find myself playing a lot of small, Indie or early access games in the interim. I'll be back, but this may be a Season long break from the looks of things.

Really digging the loot so far this season.

Chroma Rush, ignition code, stochastic variable, gridskipper, shayura, etc all are really fun to use in their own ways.

Finally got an ignition code with slideshot (+thresh) and that things a hoot. I think this is the last one I’m still farming a god roll for, but the current one will do if that doesn’t happen.

I think I have about 9 levels to go to get to do GM’s and I really just don’t want to grind. I just want to play the things I want, so definitely get what you all are saying.

Really digging the loot so far this season.

Chroma Rush, ignition code, stochastic variable, gridskipper, shayura, etc all are really fun to use in their own ways.

Finally got an ignition code with slideshot (+thresh) and that things a hoot. I think this is the last one I’m still farming a god roll for, but the current one will do if that doesn’t happen.

I think I have about 9 levels to go to get to do GM’s and I really just don’t want to grind. I just want to play the things I want, so definitely get what you all are saying.

Have to agree with this. The new weapons and perks have been good, and I still have a few I'd like to lock down, despite the burnout. I'll probably get serious the last week of the Season and then whine about all the ones I missed. :ROFLMAO:

So I'm not nuts. All part of why I've abandoned trying it shy of suiciding...if I even feel like doing that.

(PVE)

Is 16% really going to make it viable though? Will I really want to use it over Anarchy, Deathbringer, or even a 120 gl (I can run dual scavenger perks with salvo). Sixteen just doesn't sound like much.

like this
Is 16% really going to make it viable though? Will I really want to use it over Anarchy, Deathbringer, or even a 120 gl (I can run dual scavenger perks with salvo). Sixteen just doesn't sound like much.
Problem with those is not everyone has anarchy (I know I dont ☹️) and deathbringer is very random if there are any adds close to the boss.

According to cozmo this buff will make sleeper very competitive for burst damage and also super.flrgicong as its body shot damage will be alot higher compared to other lfr.

Will it be the best option? Nah problably not but even if it's competitive with other heavies as a viable DPS weapon then I love more choices.

Funny how frequently this style of build rises up, gets nerfed, and rises up again. Nade spam build #327:

--

Spent most my day off yesterday doing some catch up. The Expunge missions were interesting. Getting their "Expedited" challenges without the Shortcut upgrade was even more interesting. But... after some profanity I managed it. Still have a ways to go to get the new activity fully upgraded. The Presage mission worked well for the "Powerful Scorn" kills, since most the Screebs are yellow bar. Took about 1.5 runs to get it done. Then I went to the Moon and ran Altar for a while for the "Powerful Hive". Have all the challenges that give Data done but one now. Need the rotation to go back to Europa for the Wyvern Boss for the last one.

Last edited:
like this
I "think" you're allowed to use shortcuts for those expunge timed missions. I haven't been able to get those done yet. This is what I mean about being on cruise control. Stuff like that... 50 team scored... some of that I'm not going to kill myself to do and it just may not get done.

Sleeper needs some help but it's hard for me to imagine something like Anarchy being unseated as the king (along with Witherhoard. ;) ) I need to take Ruinous Effigy for a spin per the video I posted above.)

I "think" you're allowed to use shortcuts for those expunge timed missions. I haven't been able to get those done yet.

I had not unlocked the Shortcut yet, but all the videos I watched pointed it out as a priority to have. Based on their videos, it did shave over a minute off from my best times. I did use Cheese Forver's skip for Tartarus, which helped, but I did Labarinth legit.

It was fairly fun, at least different from the tired loop of Strikes, NF's and Crucible.

like this
I had not unlocked the Shortcut yet, but all the videos I watched pointed it out as a priority to have. Based on their videos, it did shave over a minute off from my best times. I did use Cheese Forver's skip for Tartarus, which helped, but I did Labarinth legit.

It was fairly fun, at least different from the tired loop of Strikes, NF's and Crucible.

They're pretty cool levels. I just haven't been able to do them fast enough per those season challenge requirements.

Speaking of Nightfalls: 1340 (and up) Warden can kiss my butt.

It feels.. bizarre having no idea what you're all talking about. Thousands of hours in D2 and this is the first time since it launched I haven't even launched D2 since the second day of this season.

As long as Anarchy is still good the FOMO will be kept at bay. :-P

This may make a Warlock out of you:

As Warlock main myself, I am looking forward to messing around with this over the weekend.

Oh! I did not know that about EoAW. I can’t remember the last time I’ve ever seen one of those drop. I don’t have one in the vault. Guess I’ll give the collections roll a shot….but it’ll be tough pulling me from my 100 recovery & 100 discipline builds with geomags and transversive steps.

Managed to do a complete run through VOG and joined a new clan.

Back