Destiny 2

I've already had my you know what handed to me by several Hawkmoon users in IB so I know all about it. ;)

EDIT: I don't know how you all did it but that Nightfall Heroic trick isn't going to work for me.

Last edited:
So I thought the last mission fpr Hawkmoon was going to require a party but I tried it solo anyway. Piece of cake. I am/was 1262 but I'm pretty sure I could have soloed it much lower. it is two parts. The first part you kill shiny adds, they drop orbs and you pop the shields on 2 bigger enemies. Rinse and repeat 3 times. You can camp out behind the big rock right by the entrance on the right side and take out all of the adds in the room. None of the enemies ever came back to where i was behind that rock. I died once in this part and did not have to start the fight over, I just revived and continued. You then interact with Hawkmoon to continue the fight.

Boss spawns and it is essentially the same thing, kill adds, kill the shiny guys and they drop two orbs, you can kill all of the adds from cover. it takes two orbs to break the boss shield, dps boss until he goes immune again, jump behind cover, rinse and repeat.

...dps boss until he goes immune again, jump behind cover, rinse and repeat.
I would rather he not gone immune and just had more health. Every time i'd sword combo the heavy would just hit immune, was pretty annoying.

It's sounding like whole random roll situation will be handled by more difficult versions of that mission with modifiers that we'll get later so that's interesting.

Of all of the season pass armor ornaments the Hunter looks the best IMO. Almost cool enough to make me want to switch my main to hunter for a while

2020-12-09.png2020-12-09 (1).png2020-12-09 (2).png

Didn't realize so many of you (GenMay, mostly) played D2. I'm on most nights and weekends. PM me for Steam Friend code if you need help / want to run some stuff.

Of all of the season pass armor ornaments the Hunter looks the best IMO. Almost cool enough to make me want to switch my main to hunter for a while

From what I see the general consensus is that the Warlock Masterrace looks the best. I'm in agreement with this. Props though, I went the same route with the Carminica shader. It looks so good on armor.

From what I see the general consensus is that the Warlock Masterrace looks the best. I'm in agreement with this. Props though, I went the same route with the Carminica shader. It looks so good on armor.
Warlock is my main, and I really like the ornaments it fits the warlock "theme" I just really like the cyberpunk look of the hunter. Carminica is my all time fav shader (so far)

Started farming for my cloudstrike sniper today and got it on run 4 which made me super happy, worth the 30 minutes spent farming lol.

Honestly already feeling like I'm running out of stuff to do and I'm only 1240, I plan to hit 1250 and farm out the new exotics and give the raid a go then will probably shelve the game for a bit until the new season. Not sure why but I found last season much more enjoyable.

Last edited:
Happened again, Dawning rolls around and I look at all the cookies and think wow, I don't want to do all that and here I am, grinding away.

Flash of Inspiration is super, super rare but luckily you only need it for Ikora and Spiders cookies. I got the two i needed in a few hours of play.. super rare.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
My feet are dragging on Dawning. Basically what I'm doing is "strike, unlock recipe, deliver, rinse and repeat." Masterworking the oven, ironically, gets done late enough when you could use the help on expense more upfront. I don't know a faster and more efficient way to do this.

My feet are dragging on Dawning. Basically what I'm doing is "strike, unlock recipe, deliver, rinse and repeat." Masterworking the oven, ironically, gets done late enough when you could use the help on expense more upfront. I don't know a faster and more efficient way to do this.

Really the most efficient is to get 3 people and farm the 1250 lost sector that day for an hour and you'll be in the 400 or so essence range. Before you masterwork the oven, you can "bake" something that isn't an actual cookie (so combine two ingredients that don't actually make anything) and you'll end up with a "Burnt Edge Transit" which you can give to Rahool for 1 Dawning Spirit and ALL of your essence you used to make it back so that's easily the strat for getting any step done that's "Generate Dawning Spirit".

Also you don't need 400 essence for that either. I'd say if you're in the 40-50 range, you can finish that ship quest just turning in burnt edge transits to Rahool then making the one actual cookie per step that it requires.

Now, if you masterwork the oven, you can't make Burnt Edge Transits anymore so you'll have to do it the old fashioned way.

like this
Is there any point to masterworking the oven? This is the first time I've participated in the Dawning event, so just getting up to speed on how this works. I finished the ship quest basically by playing the game it felt like. I have no desire to grind for materials just to bounce around from place to place delivering cookies...for what?

Is there any point to masterworking the oven? This is the first time I've participated in the Dawning event, so just getting up to speed on how this works. I finished the ship quest basically by playing the game it felt like. I have no desire to grind for materials just to bounce around from place to place delivering cookies...for what?

Cooking costs you 10 instead of 15 Dawns a pop.

Cooking costs you 10 instead of 15 Dawns a pop.

That and being able to just click on cookies to make them instead of having to slot in all the ingredients. Saves a lot of time but I wanted to cheese the Dawning Spirit so I didn't masterwork mine yet.

I can already click on cookies to make cookies that I've already made before, unless there is more to it that I'm not seeing.

Good to know though, wasn't sure if I was missing something important for later on or not.

Really the most efficient is to get 3 people and farm the 1250 lost sector that day for an hour and you'll be in the 400 or so essence range. Before you masterwork the oven, you can "bake" something that isn't an actual cookie (so combine two ingredients that don't actually make anything) and you'll end up with a "Burnt Edge Transit" which you can give to Rahool for 1 Dawning Spirit and ALL of your essence you used to make it back so that's easily the strat for getting any step done that's "Generate Dawning Spirit".

Also you don't need 400 essence for that either. I'd say if you're in the 40-50 range, you can finish that ship quest just turning in burnt edge transits to Rahool then making the one actual cookie per step that it requires.

Now, if you masterwork the oven, you can't make Burnt Edge Transits anymore so you'll have to do it the old fashioned way.

I'm doing your trick: You mind me giving an obvious dud combo on the recipes? There are enough combinations I want to make sure I do a dud so I can hit up Rahool. Thanks!

I'm doing your trick: You mind me giving an obvious dud combo on the recipes? There are enough combinations I want to make sure I do a dud so I can hit up Rahool. Thanks!

Shoot, I think i'd have to be in front of it to remember. I know i just used a list like from here and ensured my combo wasn't on there but I can't think offhand what I was making. https://www.pcgamer.com/destiny-2-the-dawning-2020-recipes/

like this
Finally got my necrotic grips, I dont know why but the concealed void lost sector kicks my ass. On a plus side you can still get the exotic even if you run over the 15 minute darkness encroaching timer lol, just need the legs now for my lock and I have all 3 new exotic armor pieces.

Finally got my necrotic grips, I dont know why but the concealed void lost sector kicks my ass. On a plus side you can still get the exotic even if you run over the 15 minute darkness encroaching timer lol, just need the legs now for my lock and I have all 3 new exotic armor pieces.
Nice! So what legs are you trying to get for Warlock? There are 6 new ones this season, two for each class, and they're both helmets and arms.

Nice! So what legs are you trying to get for Warlock? There are 6 new ones this season, two for each class, and they're both helmets and arms.
haha for some reason I just assumed that if there was a day thats dropping legs as a chance there has to be new exotic legs but after some quick googling turns out I'm wrong :p Guess I'm done chasing new exotics for my warlock now, I'm extremely happy that both the helm and gloves dropped first run @1250 so I dont have to grind them

Quick question about needing one of each class. I've currently got one of each, but I pretty much only play my warlock, with the others just occasionally doing the gunsmith weekly and daily bounties for the upgrade modules and enhancement cores... As I recall, the weekly pinnacle quests can only be done once per class, so one of each class is optimal for grinding power level (weapons). Other than that, if I have 2 warlocks, I assume they can both get weekly and daily gunsmith rewards, just not the pinnacle weeklies? I pretty much never play my hunter in particular, and I'm thinking of nuking him, if for no other reason than to free up some vault space, and maybe make another warlock.

Quick question about needing one of each class. I've currently got one of each, but I pretty much only play my warlock, with the others just occasionally doing the gunsmith weekly and daily bounties for the upgrade modules and enhancement cores... As I recall, the weekly pinnacle quests can only be done once per class, so one of each class is optimal for grinding power level (weapons). Other than that, if I have 2 warlocks, I assume they can both get weekly and daily gunsmith rewards, just not the pinnacle weeklies? I pretty much never play my hunter in particular, and I'm thinking of nuking him, if for no other reason than to free up some vault space, and maybe make another warlock.

To be honest i'm not even sure you can make multiple of one class? You're right though, having three characters means grinding power level is exponentially more efficient. For instance, at the start of a new season, you'll start on your least favorite character and do absolutely everything that rewards powerful or pinnacle rewards, move your weapons over to your second character and repeat, then once you start your third/favorite character, your drops will be maximized especially if you get armor.

That mission took you into my most hated Ascendant Challenge area... the nightmares.

Pretty cool but I didn't get a ship... Wasn't that supposed to be a reward?

That mission took you into my most hated Ascendant Challenge area... the nightmares.

Pretty cool but I didn't get a ship... Wasn't that supposed to be a reward?
I think its bugged, saw something on twitter about it.

Since there isn't much else to do at this time and I've already farmed exotics until my lips turned blue, I'm gonna go ahead and try and solo the nightfalls to see how high I can get. Made it through the 1250 last night after a couple of tries to solidify my loadout/setup. I have a feeling the next one is gonna take a bit more elbow grease and cause a little frustration. :)

On another topic I've been meaning to get to, PM me if you all want to friend up and tackle some stuff together. My clan is on the verge of moving onto something else and playing solo is getting awfully dull.

Wait, so they're just straight up re-releasing Moon and Dreaming City loot, but at new caps?

Sunsetting was a mistake.

I hate sunsetting with a passion. I stopped playing the game after 2 seasons in Shadowkeep which I think is when I started to hear about it. Haven't touched the game and at this point I don't think I ever will. If the guns were easier to get with the mods you wanted maybe I wouldn't have a problem with it but it took me weeks to get some of the guns I have and now they are re-releasing some of them. Nope, Bungie clearly doesn't value my time so I'm out. Its not like I don't play games that reset my progress (Path of Exile leagues, WoW expansions as a example) but something about this method just makes me not want to play.
Don't even get me started about removing content that I paid for (yes its free now but still)
Ok rant over lol.

So, Hawkmoon stuff today. Gone dark on all the talk on Twitter and jumping in in a few minutes with a fire team.

So, Hawkmoon stuff today. Gone dark on all the talk on Twitter and jumping in in a few minutes with a fire team.
I made it up to the "boss" you have to kill after killing the three emissaries. Gave up trying to do it solo after that.

Back