Destiny 2

I'm with you there but for Redrix. Problem is i'm at the 25 Survival, 25 Rumble and 25 Control step and I just can't be bothered. Control has been done but i'm not suffering through the rest. I'm usually a completionist for stuff like that but... UGH.

That step isn't all that bad really. Next is five valor resets within the same season. I'm at that last step now. I need one more reset and I'm almost there.

Genshin Impact has taken all my gaming time recently (game is SO good) and there has been nothing to do in D2 but finally the last lore piece and the Arrivals seal is available. The Interference mission is new.

Also Bungie dropped a clip today teasing a trailer tomorrow? A trailer for a trailer, you might say.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Genshin Impact has taken all my gaming time recently (game is SO good) and there has been nothing to do in D2 but finally the last lore piece and the Arrivals seal is available. The Interference mission is new.

Also Bungie dropped a clip today teasing a trailer tomorrow? A trailer for a trailer, you might say.

Excellent, im just missing a few mods and this last achievment to get my title

Anyone else have a glitch where they can't access the Haunted Forest? Yes, I'm wearing the mask.

Anyone else have a glitch where they can't access the Haunted Forest? Yes, I'm wearing the mask.

I'll report back. Jumping on now to do Interference for hopefully the last time. May or may not play around with the Haunted Forest.

like this
Sheesh I must be tired. I had to go to Spider.
LOL. I didn't get that far, the whole cipher mechanic kinda rubbed me the wrong way so I may not jump into this years Haunted Forest, we'll see. Got Forerunner done which was my main goal, that last mission was neat.

like this
Finally managed to power through my 25 rumble matches and hit my 5th rank reset, just need 16 more daily crucible bounties and my soon to be sunset broadsword will be mine! lol

Set me
LOL. I didn't get that far, the whole cipher mechanic kinda rubbed me the wrong way so I may not jump into this years Haunted Forest, we'll see. Got Forerunner done which was my main goal, that last mission was neat.

Set me straight on this Cipher thing: I see one in my inventory. I am pretty sure last night I did a number of things and I should have more than one in my inventory but that's not what I see.

Go through the forest...max it out... you only are allowed to take one cipher and can only open one chest at a time no matter what? Is that the lameness that I'm seeing?

Set me

Set me straight on this Cipher thing: I see one in my inventory. I am pretty sure last night I did a number of things and I should have more than one in my inventory but that's not what I see.

Go through the forest...max it out... you only are allowed to take one cipher and can only open one chest at a time no matter what? Is that the lameness that I'm seeing?

I only have my information second hand since I didn't bother but I think the problem stems from the ciphers being such low drop rate.

At the end of the Forest there is the normal usual chest everyone gets. Behind it are 5 chests that need the ciphers to open. I think people are mainly upset that to complete the triumphs you need to open 30 of those special chests with ciphers and the drop rate on them is so low.

Now Cozmo confirmed on reddit last night that they are looking into the droprate so it'll probably be increased.

Second problem for me is the method of getting/farming for these ciphers is to do activities OTHER than the Forest! I've been running strikes/crucible/gambit all year, I want the FoTL to be about running the Haunted Forest, not more strikes!

Yeah that sounds dumb. I got two ciphers getting my ass handed to me in Crucible matches because I'm trying to get 100 kills for the Witherhoard catalyst.

like this
Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. Not a single thing in there that didn't look awesome.

like this
I know better than to fall for hype but I will say overall I've got a very good feeling about Beyond Light.

The ciper thing as issounds like needless bloat. I'm certainly not going to kill myself for it. I definitely feel like I see you can't have more than one cipher in your inventory at a time no matter what. IF I'm seeing that correctly that's needless bloat.

I know better than to fall for hype but I will say overall I've got a very good feeling about Beyond Light.

The ciper thing as issounds like needless bloat. I'm certainly not going to kill myself for it. I definitely feel like I see you can't have more than one cipher in your inventory at a time no matter what. IF I'm seeing that correctly that's needless bloat.

So that I didn't know. From what people were saying on twitter/reddit they were talking about farming 10-15 of them already so I thought you could just stack them but again, haven't touched it yet myself.

Ok so I did something in the Menagerie and now have two ciphers in inventory. Glad to see that.

I still need the eyes in the dungeon for Forerunner

Last edited:
So I had two ciphers, hit the forest, and could open 2/5 chests. I had run the forest yesterday with one cipher and opened one chest. All five chests were sealed. In other words: The chests aren't "one and done." Best runs are five ciphers a pop and that unlocks the triumph that lets you get the goodies with all the candy and chocolate coins you have acquired.

Last edited:
So I had two ciphers, hit the forest, and could open 2/5 chests. I had run the forest yesterday with one cipher and opened one chest. All five chests were sealed. In other words: The chests aren't "one and done."

So i jumped in. Doing the cipher farm now that Paul Tassi suggested. Its boring as hell but its working.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...destiny-2s-festival-of-the-lost/#51f2727610ec

1. Land by Eris.

2. Head right to Anchor of Light

3. Do the “kill any enemy” patrol and the “Find Toland” patrol. None should take more than 20 seconds each. If one does not appear, do the other first and then it should appear after you’re done.

4. Go back to Eris, go left to Archer’s Line.

5. Do the “kill any enemy patrol and “Find Toland patrol.

6. Warp to Sorrow’s Harbor. Do the…you get it.

7. Go back to orbit to refresh patrols.

8. Repeat

like this
I think I'm skipping Festival of the Boring and Reissued, but the new trailer looks cool. I am at least excited about some of the new abilities and Exotics.

I think I'm skipping Festival of the Boring and Reissued, but the new trailer looks cool. I am at least excited about some of the new abilities and Exotics.

I'm just doing it by happenstance. I have the mask on and I'm basically not thinking about it and lo and behold I have a ton of candy and coins and ciphers show up eventually. It's an extra layer of gravy but I'm not going to do any tedious grinding or go out of my way in the slightest for it.

I'm just doing it by happenstance. I have the mask on and I'm basically not thinking about it and lo and behold I have a ton of candy and coins and ciphers show up eventually. It's an extra layer of gravy but I'm not going to do any tedious grinding or go out of my way in the slightest for it.
I got the mask at 975 so I am sticking with it :LOL:

... for now.

like this
Supposedly the real farm for ciphers has been found but it involves cheesing a Spire of Stars checkpoint and you need a full raid team who can clear the raid quickly. No one I usually raid with is even bothering with this event so w/e, i'll wait till they buff the droprate before I care again.

I just don't have any reason right now to sit and play strikes/crucible/gambit and hope for ciphers so.. meh.

Couple hours play last night and I had enough chocolate coins to buy all the mask ornaments so that's done at least.

like this
I'm making some good progress... I think? I got Wordline Zero and its catalyst, although I'm not sure I really want to see the catalyst through to its end (five weeks, EP 7 each week?). Got Whisper's catalyst, although... need to run Heroic at least two more times per week?

Are the forges worth it or should I skip?

And I haven't even thought about raiding (LOL ANY of them). I did get Anarchy by jumping into someone's checkpoint.

I'm making some good progress... I think? I got Wordline Zero and its catalyst, although I'm not sure I really want to see the catalyst through to its end (five weeks, EP 7 each week?). Got Whisper's catalyst, although... need to run Heroic at least two more times per week?

Are the forges worth it or should I skip?

And I haven't even thought about raiding (LOL ANY of them). I did get Anarchy by jumping into someone's checkpoint.

I literally just finished Worldline Zero's Catalyst, lol. I had ignored it until they said Mars was headed to the Vault. Had a couple lucky weeks where I spawned into an instance where they were already on level 7 or 6, but most weeks were going back and forth from orbit to Mars trying to find an instance where players were actually doing EP. Odds were always better towards the end of the week. Can't tell you if its worth it because I threw it right back in my Vault where I found it. :ROFLMAO:

The life of a completionist.

I only have Hardlight and Mida mini-tool Cats left to find in the wild (Strikes and Crucible respectively), and Telesto and Huckleberry to rng via their respective Raids (which I rarely get to do). Grinding through Sleeper Simulant now.. holy moon berries.

• 2k Ikelos SMG kills
  • 1k Ikelos Shotgun kills
  • 1k Ikelos Sniper kills
  • Heroic Whisper Chest run
  • 500 Sleeper Simulation kills
I have the smg kills done, just started shotty. Not sure I'll get it done before Nov, as I get burnt out on this type of grinding quickly. The one saving grace (according to the wiki) is that you only need the weapon equipped, kills do not need to be with the specific Ikelos weapon.

Last edited:
At this point I'm ready to get Divinity and generally ready to start getting into Raids. Believe it or not: I've still never yet done one so I have a mic, I have Discord, and I'm going to try to get something going hopefully with some of you in the near future.

At this point I'm ready to get Divinity and generally ready to start getting into Raids. Believe it or not: I've still never yet done one so I have a mic, I have Discord, and I'm going to try to get something going hopefully with some of you in the near future.
Shoot, all the people I usually raid with are on big Destiny breaks right now or I'd be able to get a group together much easier. If I can wrangle people I'll let you know.

I have a friend you should talk too, sent you a DM. PvE god and enjoys Sherpa'ing new-ish players.

Just cleared my first prophecy run and got all 50 eyes gathered, only thing I'm missing is 2 mods to get my title lol. is there any way to get the arrival mods outside of waiting for the recaster to rotate them in?

Just cleared my first prophecy run and got all 50 eyes gathered, only thing I'm missing is 2 mods to get my title lol. is there any way to get the arrival mods outside of waiting for the recaster to rotate them in?
Not that I know of unfortunately, but I'll ask some clanmates that are D1 vets and see if they know anything I don't. I know Iron Banner drops a lot of mods, but I believe they are all weapon mods. When I was playing on a buddies account to help rank him up (hadn't played in a couple seasons), I must have gotten 30 some mods just turning in tokens he had accumulated. I cannot remember if any of them were Arrival mods for sure.

Not that I know of unfortunately, but I'll ask some clanmates that are D1 vets and see if they know anything I don't. I know Iron Banner drops a lot of mods, but I believe they are all weapon mods. When I was playing on a buddies account to help rank him up (hadn't played in a couple seasons), I must have gotten 30 some mods just turning in tokens he had accumulated. I cannot remember if any of them were Arrival mods for sure.
Ya did some googling and it looks like it's recaster only, that said it seems like the ones I'm missing are all on the daily rotation. Got 1 more today, just 1 mod stand between me and my first title lol.

I'm pretty happy with the Festival really. The ciphers are fixed and if you do bounties and things to rack up the coins and candy and start buying Eva's Epic Mystery Grab Bags then Enchancement Cores and the likes are given generously. Forget running Nightfalls or going to Spider. This is worthwhile. Do the event.

Last edited:
I just wanted the armor ornaments, then realized it was locked in the Eververse. Nope.

New account for sure, but i'm nearing 2k enhancement cores, lol.

Finally got my first title in this game! The forerunner one seems like it was a lot easier thanks to the extended season, most difficult part was the last 5 eyes in the prophecy dungeon and just waiting for all the mods I needed to come available for purchase but I'm pleased with it regardless lol
tiger_release_final_20201018_170004.png

Last edited:
Finally got my first title in this game! The forerunner one seems like it was a lot easier thanks to the extended season, most difficult part was the last 5 eyes in the prophecy dungeon and just waiting for all the mods I needed to come available for purchase but I'm pleased with it regardless lol
View attachment 290355

Congrats! I just hit 1k hours in the game and got my first Title as well. Got MMXX and The Arrival one nearly at the same time. Had to debate which to wear (choose mmxx). Honestly didn't pay much attention to these, so it was a cool surprise when they did pop up.

Back