Destiny 2

The only reason I did this with a decent attitude is that I know there was some degree or another of carelessness on my part and I can see Bungie's side off it even if I think this is insanely harsh and you all have seen the rest of my thoughts on this.

Ok, I’m confused. You were adamant originally that you did absolutely nothing wrong by any stretch of the imagination, now here you are saying “there was some carelessness on my part” and Bungie is being “too harsh.” You also said something about knowing what’s in the ToU, why would you even bring that up?

Just admit what really happened.

Reactions: Dan_D
like this
Forgot it was Iron Banner week. Cool, wanna take it easy and get the pinnacles done. First match, fully automatic Dire Promise with aim bot. 2nd match is someone with the no clip hack flying around shotgunning. Reported both and turned it off. It's pathetic anymore. Used to be my favorite pvp mode.

Forgot it was Iron Banner week. Cool, wanna take it easy and get the pinnacles done. First match, fully automatic Dire Promise with aim bot. 2nd match is someone with the no clip hack flying around shotgunning. Reported both and turned it off. It's pathetic anymore. Used to be my favorite pvp mode.

Bizarre. I hear about these things but after nearly 4k hours I still have yet to see hacks like that.

I had a good night of IB last night, got the bounties done and I'm sitting on that 15k of XP :)

Well, I could have played 100 matches and only got 2 bad ones, but they were my first 2 rounds this time. They were obvious. Idk man, every streamer has put out their compilation of cheaters this season. I know some people have had good luck. Be me....not today.

On another note, I got the "Thanks for reporting someone" banner pop up yesterday at login. That was cool to see.

Ok, I’m confused. You were adamant originally that you did absolutely nothing wrong by any stretch of the imagination, now here you are saying “there was some carelessness on my part” and Bungie is being “too harsh.” You also said something about knowing what’s in the ToU, why would you even bring that up?

Just admit what really happened.

I never cheated in Destiny 2. I don't cheat in online games. I don't know how and I'm too paranoid to try it. It's ok if anyone doesn't believe me. I can't prove it one way or the other... except I meant what I said. Anyone could look at my profile, character, triumphs, and inventory and determine in two minutes or less that I'm either one of the lamest cheaters ever or I don't cheat.

A couple of months ago I used a trainer to finish Ori and the Blind Forest and it left a footprint on my machine. I guess? I used a trainer on this because the game needed it plus the dev console to finish it. Why? The devs themselves admitted they had run out of time and budget. It was the only way to finish it.

Bungie's long litany of terms goes so far as any sign of any "third party software" injections... anything at all that hits them the wrong way... you can be toast.

I've scanned the hell out of my machine since this ban and I was overdue to format my hard drive anyway so that's what I did. It's as clean as a whistle past any remote doubt now.

I know I haven't done anything wrong.

I should be free to do whatever I want with an offline single-player game that I paid for but if the wild card trainer left a footprint? That's careless by me having used it at all and I paid a price here.

It's the only idea I've got although they can ban you even if someone on your random fireteam did something. I don't think the two guys I was with in my last match did anything best I could tell but I have no idea. That's it. I'm out of ideas after that.

Bungie claims their algorithms or whatever pick off something, flag it, and then the case is "carefully reviewed" by someone before the ban drops. I don't believe it. Why? Because of what I said opening this post. Two minutes looking at my history, profile, etc. would have absolved me or at least allowed for a first strike temp ban or something less. Obviously their system saw something. I just don't know what.

I have approached them a total of three times on this support ticket to no avail. I wish they would have at least told me why I was banned instead of me having to guess.

Last edited:
I need upgrade materials badly. Never done a 100k Nightfall, let alone a GM. Work week looks like it's going to be over 70 hrs again, so may end up missing out on this one too. :(

I've been on a Catalyst kick lately. Last week finished Sunshot, Graviton Lance, Polaris Lance, Skyburner's Oath, Sweet Business and Legend of Acrius.

This week with Momentum Control returning to Crucible, I hammered out Jade Rabbit, Vigilance Wing and Suros Regime. Frustration fest too, never gone up against so many grenade launchers.

I just got Prospecter & Bad Juju cat's to drop and I should have Whisper and Outbreak's completed next week. There is only a half dozen or so left for me to acquire, but most are random drops in Raids, so not sure I'll get them.

Just gonna hop in here all quiet.

Frraksured you should really make time to do the Nightfall this week. I ran the Master 3 times last night and got 2 Ascendant Shards, and probably 15 prisms and 2 exotic chests. I'm a Warlock btw, loving it.

I've been on a Catalyst kick lately. Last week finished Sunshot, Graviton Lance, Polaris Lance, Skyburner's Oath, Sweet Business and Legend of Acrius.

This week with Momentum Control returning to Crucible, I hammered out Jade Rabbit, Vigilance Wing and Suros Regime. Frustration fest too, never gone up against so many grenade launchers.

I just got Prospecter & Bad Juju cat's to drop and I should have Whisper and Outbreak's completed next week. There is only a half dozen or so left for me to acquire, but most are random drops in Raids, so not sure I'll get them.

I've got the Polaris Lance and Skyburner's Oath catalysts. The latter would have to be made a good gun before I'd bother with that crap. The former is a pain in the ass. I don't use that gun so I don't know I'll ever do it unless the gun becomes meta or something.

I've got the Polaris Lance and Skyburner's Oath catalysts. The latter would have to be made a good gun before I'd bother with that crap. The former is a pain in the ass. I don't use that gun so I don't know I'll ever do it unless the gun becomes meta or something.

I took both into the first encounter of Leviathon (Castellum) for its endlessly spawning Cabal. Quick and easy. Skyburner was actually fun. Devour build on Warlock, treat it like a shotgun and hip fire close range. I enjoyed that one way too much, lol. The two tough ones were Sunshot and Graiton Lance because of their secondary requirements. Loading the Shuro Chi check point of Last Wish alleviated a lot of that though.

Just gonna hop in here all quiet.

Frraksured you should really make time to do the Nightfall this week. I ran the Master 3 times last night and got 2 Ascendant Shards, and probably 15 prisms and 2 exotic chests. I'm a Warlock btw, loving it.

Working 70-80 hr weeks atm, so I do run them when I can, but I've got a buddy logging into my account and doing a couple hrs a night for me this week. Cheese I know, but I needed upgrade mats badly. Gotten a ton of enhanced mods and Exotics out of it too.

BTW, also a Warlock main. Wo0t!!

--

Changes coming to Ghosts, mostly stuff we've been asking for forever, but welcome nonetheless. Now they just need to give our Sparrows a similar over-haul.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/49575

Last edited:
You are all talking about Nightfall GM? I would need two people to carry my sorry butt. I wouldn't mind doing it a few times. I'm at 1060 again with some good gear so I can do it.

You are all talking about Nightfall GM? I would need two people to carry my sorry butt. I wouldn't mind doing it a few times. I'm at 1060 again with some good gear so I can do it.
Can you get to 1075? You can't launch the GM unless everyone is 1075 minimum.

Can you get to 1075? You can't launch the GM unless everyone is 1075 minimum.

LOL well... I'll try. I need to finally get into some raids. Dungeons would be nice, too. I very seriously doubt I can get to 1075 before this week cycle is up so I'll miss this one.

LOL well... I'll try. I need to finally get into some raids. Dungeons would be nice, too. I very seriously doubt I can get to 1075 before this week cycle is up so I'll miss this one.

You don't have to do Grand Master, the double rewards apply to all Nightfalls. You can run Master and still get a ton of mats, exotics, enhanced mods and catalysts (if you don't have them already).

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Successful night. Eye of Sol is up for 3 wins or the weekly bounty in Trials. I hadn't unlocked that sniper yet and got a couple cool rolls. 3 legit wins on the card too! Then we got stomped...

One run of the GM dropped 3 shards and 3 exotics LOL. Its a dumb good farm.

How much more difficult is the Grandmaster vs Master version of this Nightfall? I ran the Master quite a few times last night with LFG groups and got a ton of prisms, but not as many shards.

If you're getting 3 shards and 3 exotics per run, yikes.

You don't have to do Grand Master, the double rewards apply to all Nightfalls. You can run Master and still get a ton of mats, exotics, enhanced mods and catalysts (if you don't have them already).

Good deal. I guess I know how I'm spending all my Destiny time until the weekly reset.

How much more difficult is the Grandmaster vs Master version of this Nightfall? I ran the Master quite a few times last night with LFG groups and got a ton of prisms, but not as many shards.

If you're getting 3 shards and 3 exotics per run, yikes.

It's a significant jump. The enemies are 1100 and you're locked at 1075. Most everything one shots you so it takes some planning. Divinity and two Izanagis w/ catalysts plus swords make it pretty efficient.

But yeah my plan if to max out on shards on all three characters and this method is amazing.

I did Master twice with a random fireteam and I'm 1060 and it was damned tough. Basically if something breathed at me I was dead. I got some things done but these guys carried me no question. Yikes.

I did Master twice with a random fireteam and I'm 1060 and it was damned tough. Basically if something breathed at me I was dead. I got some things done but these guys carried me no question. Yikes.

I'm 1080 and I barely squeak by. The guys I run with make it look easy so I'm basically getting carried too, lol. If it weren't for them I'd probably rage quit.

--

My Hunter and Titan are not even close to Master NF ready, so I only farmed on my Warlock. Inventory is shared between characters,, but the excess goes to each one's Postmaster, so the only real benefit of multiple character farming that I can see is the 50 shards you can store there. That accurate, or am I missing something?

I'm 1080 and I barely squeak by. The guys I run with make it look easy so I'm basically getting carried too, lol. If it weren't for them I'd probably rage quit.

--

My Hunter and Titan are not even close to Master NF ready, so I only farmed on my Warlock. Inventory is shared between characters,, but the excess goes to each one's Postmaster, so the only real benefit of multiple character farming that I can see is the 50 shards you can store there. That accurate, or am I missing something?
Yeah, but only 10 shards in each characters postmaster. I think you can also hold 50 prisms in each as well.

Otherwise farming means more exotics for all your characters. I play them all equally so it works out.

Yeah, but only 10 shards in each characters postmaster. I think you can also hold 50 prisms in each as well.

Otherwise farming means more exotics for all your characters. I play them all equally so it works out.

I was confusing Shards (golf balls) and Prisms, sorry. That said, I've never gotten more Shards than the 10 in Inventory. Couldn't get them to over-flow to Postmaster.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I haven't really launched this game since it moved from Blizzard to Steam. And... wow there's a ton to do. Wifey seems unenthused so I started doing some quests and trying to get my sorry 750-ass a bit higher :LOL:

I haven't really launched this game since it moved from Blizzard to Steam. And... wow there's a ton to do. Wifey seems unenthused so I started doing some quests and trying to get my sorry 750-ass a bit higher :LOL:

Add me man, my Steam name is the same as here. My schedule can make it a pain in the arse to connect (as Q-BZ can attest), but would love to game together again. BEEN TOO LONG!! :ROFLMAO:

You carried my ass in The Division and you can carry my ass in Destiny 2 LOL :LOL:

:ROFLMAO::notworthy::joyful::hungover:

Dude, biggest smile I've had in a month, lol. Thanks for that, and I look forward to it!!

I'm not nearly the Destiny power house that I was in The Division (no slouch either), but... I've found a clan that is, and they carry me regularly.

While I'm at it, there are some websites you may find helpful:

• Destiny Item Manager (DIM) - This is the only 'must have' on this list. It allows you to move gear and weapons around without having to go to your Vault. Easily the most used 3rd Party app out there. I have it up on my second monitor any time I am in game; there is also a mobile app if that suits you better
  • Light.gg - If you want to know if a weapon you picked up is any good, you can look it up here to see what perks are good for PvE (blue icons), PvP (red icons), and what is considered the "god roll" (gold icons)
  • Vendor Engrams - When you are ranking up a new character, or right after the power cap has been increased, this website shows you which Vendors are selling the highest score gear & weapons
  • Today in Destiny - Shows you what will be for sale for Bright Dust at the Eververse for months in advance. Bright Dust is earned in-game and most items for sale for Silver (bought with real money) eventually become available here. Also shows what events are and will be going on on each planet, plus a litany of other current & future details
  • Braytech - For the Completionist. Tracks all your progress in game from Triumphs to Collections to Quests, you name it. The Maps are great for each location's collectibles. If you go to the "more" tab, there is even a "Content Vault" section for everything that is going to be Vaulted in November if there is something you want to snag quick before it goes.
There are lots more, but these are the ones I have found most useful. There are also sites that break down specific event rotations like Menagerie or Altars of Sorrow, but with those leaving soon I didn't see the value. If you're interested however, just let me know.

Last edited:
While I'm at it, there are some websites you may find helpful:

• Destiny Item Manager (DIM) - This is the only 'must have' on this list. It allows you to move gear and weapons around without having to go to your Vault. Easily the most used 3rd Party app out there. I have it up on my second monitor any time I am in game; there is also a mobile app if that suits you better
  • Light.gg - If you want to know if a weapon you picked up is any good, you can look it up here to see what perks are good for PvE (blue icons), PvP (red icons), and what is considered the "god roll" (gold icons)
  • Vendor Engrams - When you are ranking up a new character, or right after the power cap has been increased, this website shows you which Vendors are selling the highest score gear & weapons
  • Today in Destiny - Shows you what will be for sale for Bright Dust at the Eververse for months in advance. Bright Dust is earned in-game and most items for sale for Silver (bought with real money) eventually become available here. Also shows what events are and will be going on on each planet, plus a litany of other current & future details
  • Braytech - For the Completionist. Tracks all your progress in game from Triumphs to Collections to Quests, you name it. The Maps are great for each location's collectibles. If you go to the "more" tab, there is even a "Content Vault" section for everything that is going to be Vaulted in November if there is something you want to snag quick before it goes.
There are lots more, but these are the ones I have found most useful. There are also sites that break down specific event rotations like Menagerie or Altars of Sorrow, but with those leaving soon I didn't see the value. If you're interested however, just let me know.
I've used DIM since the very beginning - the other ones are nice, thanks!

Comparison image of Europa and Cayde's Treasure Island map:

56d5c3a.png

Credit to Reddit user Fyoozhen. This area of the map is just labeled as "Beyond" and contains the Darkness ship from the Beyond Light Trailer. Europa is looking exciting with lots of new secrets to uncover. Since I never played D1, I am learning both old lore and new speculation. Hard to keep everything straight, but adds context to many of the Strikes I've played.

Back