Destiny 2

The Prophecy dungeon is a absolutely brilliant. Jumping back in at 1057 or so it was FAR easier and made it incredibly fun but still challenging.

Managed to two phase the boss after one wipe.

Stacking protection/resist helped a TON. I ran a bubble titan with:

Protective Light + Stacks on Stacks
2x Major Resist
1x Boss Resist
Taken Barrier

Protective Light alone saved my ass many, many times and I cannot recommend it enough. It took me until this season to really play around with the Charged with Light mods and they're absolutely game changing. For the new Public Event, I throw in Lucent Blade, 2x Enhanced Sword Scav and 2x Sword Ammo Finder and just run around swinging my sword at everything. Rarely if ever run out of ammo and with a masterworked sword, your constantly making orbs to get Charged with Light (Taking Charge mod).

All in all, having a lot of fun with this season so far.

Well... that was nice. I didn't find much enjoyable about Season of the Worthy and bailed early. My highest ranked Guardian was around 970 last Tuesday when Season of Arrivals started. I was still just dabbling to see if this Season was going to be worth a hoot or if Bungie was still phoning it in while they actually worked on the next big update. Then AFK Farming became a thing. I jumped on that like Cayde 6 on Golden Age Tech. Figured it was compensation for last Season. Managed to raise my Main from 976 to 1040 before it was "fixed". Wish I could have wrangled one more day, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth (what does that saying even mean anyway?). What's even better is I did most of it while off playing Half-Life Alyx since my Index finally came in (13 week wait due to Covid).

I SUPPOOOOSE I can finish up the rest legit... if I HAAAVE too. Looks to be some decent weapons this Season too, and upgrading the whateveritscalled in Drifter's area allows you to farm fairly efficiently as well. Eager to see what is to come, the new road map has me intrigued, just hope it all pans out.

Well... that was nice. I didn't find much enjoyable about Season of the Worthy and bailed early. My highest ranked Guardian was around 970 last Tuesday when Season of Arrivals started. I was still just dabbling to see if this Season was going to be worth a hoot or if Bungie was still phoning it in while they actually worked on the next big update. Then AFK Farming became a thing. I jumped on that like Cayde 6 on Golden Age Tech. Figured it was compensation for last Season. Managed to raise my Main from 976 to 1040 before it was "fixed". Wish I could have wrangled one more day, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth (what does that saying even mean anyway?). What's even better is I did most of it while off playing Half-Life Alyx since my Index finally came in (13 week wait due to Covid).

I SUPPOOOOSE I can finish up the rest legit... if I HAAAVE too. Looks to be some decent weapons this Season too, and upgrading the whateveritscalled in Drifter's area allows you to farm fairly efficiently as well. Eager to see what is to come, the new road map has me intrigued, just hope it all pans out.

Ya I hated season of the worthy, so far this season isnt bad. The new grenade launcher is alot of fun and its actually huge for me in pvp, it gives amazing area control and artificial choke points not to mention if you manage to directly hit somebody its so satisfying to watch them die then leave a pool of blight lol.

Unless I'm missing something the only way to get Twisted Energy is to do the weekly bounties for the Recaster and then that's it. I wish there were some other ways to get some. I like the new Public Event a lot. Doing Heroic has been happening quite a bit and the new GL really goes a long ways. I had hoped farming that a little bit would have done it but to no avail.

Last edited:
Unless I'm missing something the only way to get Twisted Energy is to do the weekly bounties for the Recaster and then that's it. I wish there were some other ways to get some. I like the new Public Event a lot. Doing Heroic has been happening quite a bit and the new GL really goes a long ways. I had hoped farming that a little bit would have done it but to no avail.

As far as i can tell, yes. Which IMO puts people who only play one character at a significant disadvantage with getting the recaster upgraded.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
As far as i can tell, yes. Which IMO puts people who only play one character at a significant disadvantage with getting the recaster upgraded.

Yup, like me. Of course.

EDIT: I got booted for inactivity. I wonder if they patched the AFK farming in the forge?

Last edited:
Yup, like me. Of course.

EDIT: I got booted for inactivity. I wonder if they patched the AFK farming in the forge?

They did. Essentially, it kicks you after each forge completion so you can't AFK farm it.

like this
I hit 1050 right before they changed that. People started reporting the "fix" early yesterday evening.

Yup, like me. Of course.

yup :( I just started farming yesterday morning, got 1 prime engram and 6 umbrals before they patched it so atleast i got something lol. There have been people releasing ahk scripts so you can still auto que up for forges if you so choose but that runs more risk as you are technically "botting" and could risk a ban.

like this
yup :( I just started farming yesterday morning, got 1 prime engram and 6 umbrals before they patched it so atleast i got something lol. There have been people releasing ahk scripts so you can still auto que up for forges if you so choose but that runs more risk as you are technically "botting" and could risk a ban.

It's not worth it. I've had fun with the new PE but I'm going to try a little bit of what that guy in the above video I posted suggested.

I have to agree with some of the comments in that reddit thread: Who knows if we will see Prophecy ever again given the track record on some other things.

It's not worth it. I've had fun with the new PE but I'm going to try a little bit of what that guy in the above video I posted suggested.

I have to agree with some of the comments in that reddit thread: Who knows if we will see Prophecy ever again given the track record on some other things.

Yeah, the Gaul nightmare hunt is a very fast farm. However, those are weekly so that one may not be available in about an hour and a half.

like this
I hit 1050 right before they changed that. People started reporting the "fix" early yesterday evening.

From the sounds of it some players were not bothering to lower their LL, so they joined active Forges people were trying to complete and were getting reported. It would have gotten patched at some point no matter what, but not this quickly.

On an unrelated note, Esoterikk does it again:

From the sounds of it some players were not bothering to lower their LL, so they joined active Forges people were trying to complete and were getting reported. It would have gotten patched at some point no matter what, but not this quickly.

On an unrelated note, Esoterikk does it again:

He's now uploaded a few solo flawless with different loadouts/classes. Guy is a machine.

I beat the first boss solo but NOT, flawless.. lol. Don't even want to think about the cube room.

He's now uploaded a few solo flawless with different loadouts/classes. Guy is a machine.

I beat the first boss solo but NOT, flawless.. lol. Don't even want to think about the cube room.

Dude has some nice gear, but even if I had his gear I wouldn't make it past the first or second encounter solo, lol. He had some close calls, but most the time he just made it look easy. Like you said, the man is a machine.

I might have to fire this up again. I started playing sometime this past winter and was having fun for awhile but kinda got burned out. The last update didn't interest me but I'm kinda getting the itch to check it out again and the latest update sounds worth a look.
... but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth (what does that saying even mean anyway?).
I'm full of useless info (I know what else you're thinking, piss off ;) ) and grew up around horses so I can't resist. People would approximate age of a horse by looking at their teeth, hence the "long in the tooth" saying as well. Looking a gift horse in the mouth meant someone receiving a horse as a gift and critiquing it, rather than just accepting it as a generous gift.

I might have to fire this up again. I started playing sometime this past winter and was having fun for awhile but kinda got burned out. The last update didn't interest me but I'm kinda getting the itch to check it out again and the latest update sounds worth a look.
I'm full of useless info (I know what else you're thinking, piss off ;) ) and grew up around horses so I can't resist. People would approximate age of a horse by looking at their teeth, hence the "long in the tooth" saying as well. Looking a gift horse in the mouth meant someone receiving a horse as a gift and critiquing it, rather than just accepting it as a generous gift.

Ha, TIL.

I had heard the "long in the tooth" explanation before, but "gift horse" was new to me. Thanks for shoring up my trivia credibility. :cool:

Looking at teeth is a decent way of approximating age for a lot of animals.

Coincidentally horses being long in the tooth can be inaccurate depending on how their teeth grind down when eating. Some never get the long sharp tooth points that make eating difficult, while others need a visit from the horse dentist, yep that’s a real thing. And they ‘float’ the teeth which is to say grind down the high spots. Older horses often need it to continue eating comfortably.

Also of note, some horses have Canines. They grow about in the area a bit usually rests, and can sometimes add discomfort.

like this
So you can farm Prophecy over and over for rolls of armor/weapons, however its locked to pieces you've already earned in your previous runs. Only fresh weekly runs can award new gear.

Snagged this tonight by accident. This dungeon on level is significantly easier than Pit of Heresy. Anarchy which I know is locked behind the SoTP raid is incredible here, as is Mountaintop. Both aren't easy to obtain but if you have them, use them.

1592624249080.png

So you can farm Prophecy over and over for rolls of armor/weapons, however its locked to pieces you've already earned in your previous runs. Only fresh weekly runs can award new gear.

Snagged this tonight by accident. This dungeon on level is significantly easier than Pit of Heresy. Anarchy which I know is locked behind the SoTP raid is incredible here, as is Mountaintop. Both aren't easy to obtain but if you have them, use them.

View attachment 255034
Of course i have neither.....curse you RNG. I haven't bothered to try for mountain top yet.

View attachment 255034

I'd agree the dungeon is easier than the last one. However, there are parts of it that can be pretty challenging. That first boss is a pain in the ass. As for Anarchy, I have it as well as all other raid exotics. Unfortunately, I'm no where near getting Mountain Top and probably never will get it. While I've played shooters my whole adult life, there is a steep learning curve to Destiny's Crucible. As a result, I didn't like it very much and for most of the first year I played the game I rarely went into it. I didn't even start playing until a couple months after Forsaken dropped. The Thorn quest changed that and I learned how to survive and even do pretty well in it. However, I have never favored grenade launchers in the Crucible and as a result, I have very limited progress towards that quest. I can't see that changing anytime soon. Working on the Witherhoard catalyst has given me some progress towards it, but not much.

I'd agree the dungeon is easier than the last one. However, there are parts of it that can be pretty challenging. That first boss is a pain in the ass. As for Anarchy, I have it as well as all other raid exotics. Unfortunately, I'm no where near getting Mountain Top and probably never will get it. While I've played shooters my whole adult life, there is a steep learning curve to Destiny's Crucible. As a result, I didn't like it very much and for most of the first year I played the game I rarely went into it. I didn't even start playing until a couple months after Forsaken dropped. The Thorn quest changed that and I learned how to survive and even do pretty well in it. However, I have never favored grenade launchers in the Crucible and as a result, I have very limited progress towards that quest. I can't see that changing anytime soon. Working on the Witherhoard catalyst has given me some progress towards it, but not much.

My first few clears it was tougher until we embraced the blade. Seriously. If you can get a Relentless Strikes/Whirlwind blade Falling Guillotine, its the simplest and faster strat for melting that first boss. As soon as the shield drops, drop a bubble on him, someone drop Oppressive Darkness at his feet then start going to town with swords. When the energy bar fills, that right click is devastating, especially since it stacks with Whirlwind Blade.

As for mountaintop, at this point given that its going to be sunset next season, I don't know if its worth all the effort as it won't be useful in higher level content soon. I keep telling myself I need to find a replacement, however nothing matches the utility of Mountaintop. Its a sniper, a shotgun and special GL in one and is incredibly useful. I need to start playing with a normal sniper more and get used to it.

Shotguns just don't feel right at the moment and don't work for a lot of encounters. I'm not sure what would need to change there but i'd like to use one more often.

My first few clears it was tougher until we embraced the blade. Seriously. If you can get a Relentless Strikes/Whirlwind blade Falling Guillotine, its the simplest and faster strat for melting that first boss. As soon as the shield drops, drop a bubble on him, someone drop Oppressive Darkness at his feet then start going to town with swords. When the energy bar fills, that right click is devastating, especially since it stacks with Whirlwind Blade.

As for mountaintop, at this point given that its going to be sunset next season, I don't know if its worth all the effort as it won't be useful in higher level content soon. I keep telling myself I need to find a replacement, however nothing matches the utility of Mountaintop. Its a sniper, a shotgun and special GL in one and is incredibly useful. I need to start playing with a normal sniper more and get used to it.

Shotguns just don't feel right at the moment and don't work for a lot of encounters. I'm not sure what would need to change there but i'd like to use one more often.

Yeah, I'm not going to bother grinding it out. Unfortunately, all the other single-shot, breach load grenade launchers suck in comparison. None of them offer the utility Mountain Top does.

I do have Mountaintop, but not Anarchy. I really don't Raid, don't find them fun personally, so I'll have to let that one go. My schedule makes difficult to squad up, so I'm solo 98% of the time. Stuff like Raids and Dungeons have always been a source of frustration because of it.

Looks doable without it, just need to progress my Season rank far enough to unlock the Sword.

Yeah, I'm not going to bother grinding it out. Unfortunately, all the other single-shot, breach load grenade launchers suck in comparison. None of them offer the utility Mountain Top does.
Witherhoard the new exotic is pretty useful just doesn't have that punch that mountain top has. The blight is good for area of denial and if you score a direct hit it ticks off damage anyway. I've had a few instances where the add runs off to its buddies and dies and drops the blight under them and kill those as well.

I do have Mountaintop, but not Anarchy. I really don't Raid, don't find them fun personally, so I'll have to let that one go. My schedule makes difficult to squad up, so I'm solo 98% of the time. Stuff like Raids and Dungeons have always been a source of frustration because of it.

Looks doable without it, just need to progress my Season rank far enough to unlock the Sword.
Yeah i hear ya. If you get the right clan though its alot of fun. I have a clan that raids regularly and we have off shoots that pop up for fast runs. Tons of guys willing to teach new people. I've raided a ton in the last few months because they got me up and going. We can usually get GoS in an hour. We did do a speed run once and had it complete (with some mess ups) in 42 mins.
I have to say having a clan makes everything much more fun. PvP and PvE.

Yeah i hear ya. If you get the right clan though its alot of fun. I have a clan that raids regularly and we have off shoots that pop up for fast runs. Tons of guys willing to teach new people. I've raided a ton in the last few months because they got me up and going. We can usually get GoS in an hour. We did do a speed run once and had it complete (with some mess ups) in 42 mins.

Agreed 100%. I'm in a pretty large clan with 3 100 person divisions but the Discord is always busy and very friendly. They have scheduled runs all the time you can put yourself down for, even for people who have never run anything. Most of the time I like to play solo as well but most of the really awesome content in this game is only experienced with other people. Truly opens up what Destiny is all about.

I've tried, but I spend a lot of time working nights, so when I get a day off I'm usually playing in the middle of the night. If I LFG or try to squad with a Clanmate, there is almost always a language barrier and/or severe lag. Eventually I'll be on days, but for now I've just given up trying to force it to work.

like this

This game is best experienced with friends. Most of the people in my clan are individuals I know in real life and hang out with regularly. My group and I actually did a flawless GoS run in 43 minutes.

Back