Destiny 2

For any newbs like myself, make sure to keep an eye out for Xur. I had no idea there was a traveling Santa Claus that hands out free exotics every week. Thank god for having to bring him cookies.

https://whereisxur.com/

You may already be aware but Destiny has an incredibly publicly usable API and the community for many years has built some great interactive tools.

The two that I and many people cannot play effectively without are:

https://app.destinyitemmanager.com/
https://braytech.org/

I'm not 1337 enough to find myself needing DIM. I do use it occasionally to check out gear from work but I don't change my build for every encounter like I suspect you more hardcore guys do. I only play Titan so I suppose not having to move weapons between toons helps too.

My vault pretty much just contains exotics or god rolls or weapons I hate but need occasionally for bounties.

For me everything I use daily fits in my Inv with plenty of room to spare.

I prefer Ishtar collective myself for managing inventory without going to the tower. DIM has a few other features I’ll use occasionally but not often do I go to it first.

Stupid question: Can you use DIM while actually playing the game?

Yes
I use DIM to move items to the character I am playing all the time. It can even equip the items you move over. It has load outs too which allow you to create a set of gear that you can save and re-equip at any time.

Stupid question: Can you use DIM while actually playing the game?

Yup, i keep it an Alt-Tab away at all times. (yes my vault is due for a cleaning, don't @ me)

HnYfVIm.jpg

DIM also works as an app for your phone. I have DIM, Ishtar, Ishtar Legacy and Bungies app all installed. The Bungie app is only good for LFG or TWAB mostly.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Ok, so according to that guy we should keep raising obelisks even if there's no real point after going past say 14 like I did? Keep doing it anyways? I just don't want to waste time and resources because I have enough Fractaline now that I am close to being ready to hit that 5000 for the Empyrean.

Ok, so according to that guy we should keep raising obelisks even if there's no real point after going past say 14 like I did? Keep doing it anyways? I just don't want to waste time and resources because I have enough Fractaline now that I am close to being ready to hit that 5000 for the Empyrean.

So, i'm still trying to find a better all encompassing explanation but yes, ideally to maximize how much you end up donating, you would want to be dumping everything you have now into one (or spread it around, doesn't matter) of the planetary obelisks to raise your Resonance Rank. (you can check your rank in your season 9 triumphs or at the Tower obelisk). Its like a savings bond type situation. Based on that Rank, it says how much you'll get back at the start of each week. (1/28, 2/4, 2/11).

So everything changed a bit on Tuesday when we learned how this will all work. We thought whatever we had on us now was all we'd be able to donate but with this new system of raising your Resonance Rank giving you bigger returns later, i'm just going to dump it all in to say Nessus to raise my rank as high as possible.

Once there is a better all encompassing video, i'll be sure to post it. (there likely already is, just haven't found it yet.)

like this
I need to get my lantern maxed out. 17/20 25 points. I'm rank 150. I guess I need to do more bounties and such.

My resonance total is 5800 right now. EDZ 15, Mars 13, the others 14. Hopefully we will find more clarity on this because I don't want to blow any resources I don't have to.

like this
Ok. I had read that yesterday and wanted to be doubly sure. So be it.

Ok yeah, just dumped 11k into Nessus and my overall Resonance Rank per the Tower is 9900. So that's what I should get back at each reset then dump it straight into Nessus again. On the 18th, thats when I'll start donating to the Tower.

like this
I heard you like stocks...

So the TL;DR is invest all the Fractaline you have into your Obelisks until the Event begins. Then, donate all you make back into your Obelisks the first two weeks of the event, after that donate it all to the Empyrean Foundation each week until the event ends.

Yup, i keep it an Alt-Tab away at all times. (yes my vault is due for a cleaning, don't @ me)

HnYfVIm.jpg
Damn, i guess i never realized how much you can put in your vault until now......lmao, wow you have a ton of weapons.....

Damn, i guess i never realized how much you can put in your vault until now......lmao, wow you have a ton of weapons.....
500 items is the max and I want at least double that.

Right now its a mess as during leveling, I throw everything in there that's a high for that slot so I don't accidentally dismantle anything. Its really time to go in and delete all the crap.

That plus all the godrolls and/or sentimental stuff i'll never delete like my 30k kill on the nose Midnight Coup.

That plus all the godrolls and/or sentimental stuff i'll never delete like my 30k kill on the nose Midnight Coup.
Have that same problem, like with my year 1 Better Devils. Would like to get an updated one with outlaw and explosive payload, but it'd just be for the novelty and already got a sweet Kindled Orchid with smallbore, flared magwell, outlaw, explosive payload (but it has reload speed masterwork :facepalm: ). EP is just too fun when it launches a corpse! [the damage bonus isn't half bad either]. If you're curious, it seems EP kills off a precision hit do proc. outlaw (same seems to happen on partial precision kills with a pulse rifle).

500 items is the max and I want at least double that.

Right now its a mess as during leveling, I throw everything in there that's a high for that slot so I don't accidentally dismantle anything. Its really time to go in and delete all the crap.

Division 2 conditioned me to glance at it and then "Deconstruct all". I'm a little more careful in Destiny. I'm still learning what's good on each weapon type, so who knows what I've already thrown away. :eek:

Division 2 conditioned me to glance at it and then "Deconstruct all". I'm a little more careful in Destiny. I'm still learning what's good on each weapon type, so who knows what I've already thrown away. :eek:
Once again this is why the loot system in Div 2 is terrible, because 95% of the weapons that drop are absolute garbage, even heroic end game loot. They RNGed every possible stat on every possible weapon, armor, skill mod, you name it.
I like Destiny 2 because there is a bit of RNG but its not so bad that you are chasing a piece of armor with the correct stats and talents that had 100k possible combinations like Div 2. Don't get me wrong I love the environment of the division series but i got so burnt out by the endless grind that i don't have a huge desire to go back. I might check out the Coney Island DLC but i don't plan and sticking around that long because its just not fun anymore.
I too have had to start conditioning myself to look deeper at talent rolls to make sure they aren't some i want to keep.

Oh man, yeah the amount of godrolls i know i've dismantled... don't want to think about it.

That being said i'm still not donating a thing until the 18th. New Sundial boss is awesome from what i've seen. Completely different from the first 3.

That being said i'm still not donating a thing until the 18th. New Sundial boss is awesome from what i've seen. Completely different from the first 3.
It actually make more sense to get your fractaline and re-invest it into the obelisks because it will raise you resonance score and you will get more back the next week. I've see guys say just donate it right away. I agree with you if you invest it ther others you'll get more, faster.

Correct, I haven't donated anything to the tower, only invested it all in Nessus to raise my Resonance rank. Going to repeat this until the 18 where I'll donate it all to the tower.

I've been using Fractaline skimmers quite a bit. Is the best and most effiicent way to rack up Fractaline doing strikes with bounties? (Shy of watching out for double xp events?)

I've been using Fractaline skimmers quite a bit. Is the best and most effiicent way to rack up Fractaline doing strikes with bounties? (Shy of watching out for double xp events?)

Saint dailys, Obelisk bounties and just playlist activities to use up the skimmers. I think I got the largest chunk from doing IB on all three toons last time it was around.

The obelisk and saint bounties can mostly all be done in Strikes if you get lucky with the enemies types though some require public events.

Since the bounty requirements are always changing, I would grab them all then try and figure out how many I can work on at once in one activity.

I just wrote this up for someone on Discord, maybe it would help someone since this IS confusing if you want to really maximise gains.

Before reset, dumping all frac into any of the planetary obelisks increases the Resonance Rank at the tower which determines how much you get back once you complete the short quest at reset. You have to pickup the fractaline "payout" at the tower then if you want to maximise return, you re-invest that back into a planetary obelisk.

BUT. If you don't withdraw that payout on Tuesday and instead leave it there and continue doing bounties and gaining more fracatline then banking that at an obelisk, you're raising your resonance rank which is in turn, INCREASING your payouts amount while it sits there in the tower obelisk.

So, knowing that, you'd want to do all your bounties that week and bank all your frac you receive and on Monday before reset, THEN retrieve all that frac and go and bank it. It would have grown to even more than if you pulled it out on Tuesday.

Additionally, you can purchase from the tower obelisk something called Light Infused Fractaline for Glimmer and LShards that artificially increases your resonance rank. So if you do that too before pulling out the frac from the tower, you increased your total even more.

[4:25 PM]
Welcome to my TED talk

[4:26 PM]
Bungie, teaching people about compound interest.

I've got it all up and running but I'm going to follow your lead: Vacuum up fractal, boost at least one obelisk (I guess it doesn't matter as long as resonance total goes up)... and then keep cracking away at this until February 18th.

Those are great tips. I screwed up by already taking the fractal that was there. I won't do anything else now except gather fractal until the 18th.

IB was huge for me.

So all I'm going to do is get fractaline and raise my resonance as much as I can until the 18th. Good plan or something else I need to do, too?

Rule of thumb for light fused fractaline? I can get a decent amount of it right now if I want.

Last edited:
That light fused fractaline seems like a eververse condensed into a single item. 20,000 glimmer for the equivalent of 200 fractaline. Yikes.

Back