Destiny 2

Now is this indeed the end of the entire thing? All done? I'm getting to jump in soon and finish this.

If you want the gun today, you need to run the final path. All 30 rooms.

If you want the gun tomorrow, you can just wait until reset tomorrow and skip the running part.

RA3Y4tL.jpg

Do you guys think there is a chance they bring back Cayde-6 ? Like they did with Saint-14. I liked the Character, i kinda miss his humor.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Do you guys think there is a chance they bring back Cayde-6 ? Like they did with Saint-14. I liked the Character, i kinda miss his humor.

I suppose at this point, anything is possible but do I think they'll actually do it? No. I liked him to but that story line was very well defined.

like this
Hopefully the Catalyst for this thing reduces its spread. Jumps side to side fairly badly. Short range weapon for sure.

like this
Nabbed my Bastion last night and I'm on the fence about it.

It's hard to divorce my feelings about the community effort spent from my opinion on the weapon itself, but it's definitely in an odd spot. It has enormous damage output, something like 21 slugs fire off in a 3-round burst from a single trigger pull. Just 1 bullet that devours majors. But its shield piercing perk, like Arbalest, seem to be irrelevant in Match Games (i.e. playlists that require matching elemental damage vs. elemental shields). So you're still better off coordinating with your team on element types when going into 950+ night falls instead of trying to force Bastion into your build... which usually means Izanagi's over Bastion, every time.

I am definitely curious about its burst and sustain DPS capabilties. Is it possible that Bastion could cheese raid bosses like Riven better than Izzy's?

Nabbed my Bastion last night and I'm on the fence about it.

It's hard to divorce my feelings about the community effort spent from my opinion on the weapon itself, but it's definitely in an odd spot. It has enormous damage output, something like 21 slugs fire off in a 3-round burst from a single trigger pull. Just 1 bullet that devours majors. But its shield piercing perk, like Arbalest, seem to be irrelevant in Match Games (i.e. playlists that require matching elemental damage vs. elemental shields). So you're still better off coordinating with your team on element types when going into 950+ night falls instead of trying to force Bastion into your build... which usually means Izanagi's over Bastion, every time.

I am definitely curious about its burst and sustain DPS capabilties. Is it possible that Bastion could cheese raid bosses like Riven better than Izzy's?

Very doubtful on the last part. In fact, on that front, swords are the best thing for cheesing Riven. Using Izinagi's Burdern or any heavy sniper rifle sucks given the close up nature of the encounter. Grenade launchers and rocket launchers still work, but inconsistencies on the part of the players can create issues making this repeatable. The sword method pretty much works every time. As for Bastion, I seriously doubt it would be worth a shit. Standing back far enough to hit Riven in the mouth and not having too much spread seems unlikely. You could maybe get up close and do it like we do with the swords on her side, but I'm not sure that would work well.

I may try it when I get some time though.

Damn I miss raiding. Did all the D1 raids a couple times each(never finished Wrath of the Machine though). We attempted Leviathan a couple times I completed it once with a group that had a Calus checkpoint, and that was it

Congrats on your 1KV. I’m jealous of anyone with that Fusion Rifle.

Damn I miss raiding. Did all the D1 raids a couple times each(never finished Wrath of the Machine though). We attempted Leviathan a couple times I completed it once with a group that had a Calus checkpoint, and that was it

Congrats on your 1KV. I’m jealous of anyone with that Fusion Rifle.

I cannot suggest www.reddit.com/r/DestinySherpa enough. That's how I dipped my toes into raiding as I hated the idea of trying to join an LFG for one not knowing what to do. Its a lot of stress trying to learn mechanics while also getting yelled at for screwing up. I did all the D2 raids in Y1 and Y2 using that and eventually found a group that stuck together and I've been raiding with them weekly since Scourge of the Past.

Highly suggested if you want to actually be taught the raid in a low stress environment. You'll wipe a lot but its always a good time.

Thanks for this, I'm going to check them out. I need to start doing some Riads, but have avoided them because I'm solo 98% of the time. ...Aaand, when I'm not solo, I'm with friends I've drug over from The Division that know less about the game than I do. Raids and 980 Nightfalls, I need to shore up on both.

Thanks for this, I'm going to check them out. I need to start doing some Riads, but have avoided them because I'm solo 98% of the time. ...Aaand, when I'm not solo, I'm with friends I've drug over from The Division that know less about the game than I do. Raids and 980 Nightfalls, I need to shore up on both.
Yeah i'm in the same boat but i have a pretty cool clan that does Friday night raid nights and invites people to do runs. Experienced runs and sherpa runs. I can't usually do Friday nights because I have 5 kids but mid day on Saturday i can usually hook up with a few guys and knock out Pit, Nightfall, and a nightmare hunt or two. Its a pretty chill clan but they have some hardcore guys that raid regularly. Im still in leveling up mode, im only 967 light. Most of my bounties are solo, and I am yet to get into a raid.

Yeah i'm in the same boat but i have a pretty cool clan that does Friday night raid nights and invites people to do runs. Experienced runs and sherpa runs. I can't usually do Friday nights because I have 5 kids but mid day on Saturday i can usually hook up with a few guys and knock out Pit, Nightfall, and a nightmare hunt or two. Its a pretty chill clan but they have some hardcore guys that raid regularly. Im still in leveling up mode, im only 967 light. Most of my bounties are solo, and I am yet to get into a raid.

5 kids... damn. My two are grown and out of the house, but they were enough, lol.

I work a rotating shift, 3 weekends a month and most Holidays, so finding a group to meet up with consistently is nearly impossible for me. Even my family & friends have long since given up on inviting me to things. I keep saying "it's just temporary", but its been near 8 years now. Options in my field are just more of the same, and starting over at the bottom some where else has kept me from job hunting. In any event, I don't generally last with any group, which has made Raiding difficult.

I don't know what the numbers are but I'm pretty sure (correct me if I'm wrong) that the majority (?) of people playing Destiny never see a raid for one reason or another. (This likely goes for some other games, too.)

If that's the case here is how I still feel about it: I'm all for people who can to kick ass get the rewards. They have earned it.

I just wish there was some way....some how...some kind of mechanism where some of the rest of us who can't or don't do it often or ever could have access or some kind of means to the goodies and the like without undermining the others. Does that make sense?

Last edited:
I have a hard time trying to come up with a solution in which an exclusive reward for endgame content could be achieved by something other than that specific content. I'm coming from a place that for the first year of D2, being an entirely solo player and having way too much anxiety to try LFG, I resigned myself to never getting any of those rewards. I understand the sentiment you're after but at the same time, I just don't think it would be right.

I don't want to launch into another preach session about the godsend that was destinysherpa but.. yeah. It was a pretty great doorway to learning and enjoying raiding.

I dunno, maybe there is a solution that would make sense, I just can't think of it.

I have a hard time trying to come up with a solution in which an exclusive reward for endgame content could be achieved by something other than that specific content. I'm coming from a place that for the first year of D2, being an entirely solo player and having way too much anxiety to try LFG, I resigned myself to never getting any of those rewards. I understand the sentiment you're after but at the same time, I just don't think it would be right.

I don't want to launch into another preach session about the godsend that was destinysherpa but.. yeah. It was a pretty great doorway to learning and enjoying raiding.

I dunno, maybe there is a solution that would make sense, I just can't think of it.

I'm looking at Destiny sherpa. I want to do raiding. I'm not against it at all. I think a lot of other people do, too, but for one reason or another, it simply doesn't happen. I haven't even had many LFG problems in the past, either.

Last edited:
I'm looking at Destiny sherpa. I want to do raiding. I'm not against it at all. I think a lot of other people do, too, but for one reason or another, it simply doesn't happen. I haven't even had many LFG problems in the past, either.
You can find a casual clan as well. Thats what i did. These guys and girls are pretty chill.

like this
Well I wandered back into Competitive again. Swore I'd never go back, but I still need Mountain Top. Hadn't done it since Season 8 to get Recluse. Apparently you have to redo for each quest because when I completed the other requirements it removed the check on "2100 in Comp" and is making me do it over again.

My old, slow a$$ gets to about 1800 and just hovers around there, so I'll be going back to LFG for a carry. I'll never get to 5500, so there is no point in pursuing any further PvP gated weapons.

I've finished:
  • Last Word
  • Ace of Spades
  • Recluse
  • Komodo FR4
  • Randy's Throwing Knife
  • Whatever the Sniper Rifle was, can't remember
MT is the last, then I (hopefully) never have to enter this mode again. Would be 98% less frustrating if it was my choice, and not because I "have to" to get a weapon I want.

--

Also Clan hunting. One of the members here opened their Clan when I was new, but they are down to 3 members now and 2 of them are me & one of my Division buddies. We need a larger, more active Clan based in the States if we're going to start Raiding and doing Dungeons. May end up on Reddit for that too. LFG has been ineffective lately, at least on my schedule. Met some cool players there, but most seem to be oblivious to anything outside their own goals.

Comp glory resets each season, but if you had 2100 this season it should’ve still counted for mountaintop. But if you got 2100 in Season 8, yeah it goes back to needing Fabled.

So. Me and my fireteam learned something new about unstoppable rounds and why we had no luck with anything except Leviathans Breath, gotta ADS and just wait a bit for the round to load. Not just ADS and fire away.

gg Bungie. But I guess I should’ve read closer and experimented more.

So. Me and my fireteam learned something new about unstoppable rounds and why we had no luck with anything except Leviathans Breath, gotta ADS and just wait a bit for the round to load. Not just ADS and fire away.

gg Bungie. But I guess I should’ve read closer and experimented more.

Oof, yeah, lol. I guess that is the benefit of consuming so much Destiny in video and text when i'm not playing, i just hear about these things from other sources.

Well I wandered back into Competitive again. Swore I'd never go back, but I still need Mountain Top. Hadn't done it since Season 8 to get Recluse. Apparently you have to redo for each quest because when I completed the other requirements it removed the check on "2100 in Comp" and is making me do it over again.

My old, slow a$$ gets to about 1800 and just hovers around there, so I'll be going back to LFG for a carry. I'll never get to 5500, so there is no point in pursuing any further PvP gated weapons.

I've finished:
  • Last Word
  • Ace of Spades
  • Recluse
  • Komodo FR4
  • Randy's Throwing Knife
MT is the last, then I (hopefully) never have to enter this mode again. Would be 98% less frustrating if it was my choice, and not because I "have to" to get a weapon I want.

--

Also Clan hunting. One of the members here opened their Clan when I was new, but they are down to 3 members now and 2 of them are me & one of my Division buddies. We need a larger, more active Clan based in the States if we're going to start Raiding and doing Dungeons. May end up on Reddit for that too. LFG has been ineffective lately, at least on my schedule. Met some cool players there, but most seem to be oblivious to anything outside their own goals.
1800 is where I got to when trying for Recluse, I could never get much above that. I'll never put myself through that with Comp again.

Thanks for posting. Now I know why my unstoppable perk never seems to work lol.

1800 is where I got to when trying for Recluse, I could never get much above that. I'll never put myself through that with Comp again.

I got up to 3000 helping a buddy get his recluse. As a 2 stack we were actually doing very well and only got stomped occasionally. Since then playing solo I have gone on some amazing losing streaks down to like 2400.

I really need to stop procrastinating and download D2 to my PC. I have no life and could happily try and 2/3 stack with you guys for Fabled....only problem is I can do it on console but I don’t know if I could on PC. Wildly different skill ceilings on KB/M, and I don’t know where mine is anymore.

I got up to 3000 helping a buddy get his recluse. As a 2 stack we were actually doing very well and only got stomped occasionally. Since then playing solo I have gone on some amazing losing streaks down to like 2400.

I really need to stop procrastinating and download D2 to my PC. I have no life and could happily try and 2/3 stack with you guys for Fabled....only problem is I can do it on console but I don’t know if I could on PC. Wildly different skill ceilings on KB/M, and I don’t know where mine is anymore.

Using a controller on PC is quite popular and there are some prolific PvP players who absolutely slay with them. To the point that I believe there is talk about banning them in some tournament groups. The aim assist is... very generous.

Using a controller on PC is quite popular and there are some prolific PvP players who absolutely slay with them. To the point that I believe there is talk about banning them in some tournament groups. The aim assist is... very generous.
Is it now? Hmmm. I know the aim assistance is extremely high but I feel I could be pretty good with mouse. Alternatively just the higher framerate and fov could be helpful.

Is it now? Hmmm. I know the aim assistance is extremely high but I feel I could be pretty good with mouse. Alternatively just the higher framerate and fov could be helpful.

I say just use whatever you're most comfortable with. Learning KBM doesn't have to be an overnight thing.

I've finished:
  • Last Word
  • Ace of Spades
  • Recluse
  • Komodo FR4
  • Randy's Throwing Knife

--

I've done all the pinnacle weapons aside from the Komodo FR4, Hush, Luna's Howl and Not Forgotten.

I've done all the pinnacle weapons aside from the Komodo FR4, Hush, Luna's Howl and Not Forgotten.

Komodo was 3100 accumulated points. It counted the 2100 I had in Season 8 and added from there. I didn't realize this at first, so I was surprised when it dropped.

I haven't even looked at Hush, Not Forgotten or Luna's Howl. I would have hack Bungie's Database to ever get those. :cry:

Komodo was 3100 accumulated points. It counted the 2100 I had in Season 8 and added from there. I didn't realize this at first, so I was surprised when it dropped.

I haven't even looked at Hush, Not Forgotten or Luna's Howl. I would have hack Bungie's Database to ever get those. :cry:

The bigger problem for me is actually having to use a fusion rifle in PvP. I fucking hate fusion rifles.

You’re thinking Revoker. Revoker was one of the ones with cumulative glory. Komodo required reaching Heroic.

Back