Destiny 2

There is so much content here, which is great, but at the same time for a New Light player who didn't play through each year / season as it was released, it can be overwhelming. It's like what do I focus on? Sundial has some good weapons; Menagerie also has some good stuff and I still have lots of work to do on my Chalice; Don't even know if a "good" Dreambane set exists for all the Nightmare stuff; Vex Offensive is okay if I need to farm Vex related stuff; still fairly lost where Rasputin and all the Mars horde mode stuff is concerned...

Do I need to have a set in my Vault for each of these? I have like 6 or 7 pieces of 60+ stat gear outside of exotics (about 130 hrs in), so compiling all that would be a nightmare (pun intended). The new Charged with Light set seems rather underwhelming, so I'm still using the best set I have from last season. Which still only amounts to one Solar and one Void Warlock build. I don't do all the activities with all 3 characters yet, not sure where I'd find the time for all that, not to mention the burnout that would undoubtedly come with it. I'm just having fun with my Warlock for now, and I'm fine with that. Drug one of my Division buddies over to this game and he likes the Titan class (knew he would), so about once a month we squad up and do whatever. Still, I'd love to get my quest log down to one page so I can stop OCD stressing over all the stuff I still need to get done.

Yep. Been happening quite a bit. D2 has always had stability issues for me, but it's gotten bad since this season dropped.

The only time I encountered a stability issue is back when the fourth forge was bugged. You'd enter the door way to it and the game would crash to desktop. It was specifically cited in the patch notes as an issue at one point.

Anyone else having the game crash on them as of late?

No crashes here. I cant even recall when the last time I had a crash was. The only issue I have pretty regularly is it taking a long time to load into the tower, then once I do like 25 people all zone in at the same time.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Anyone know what the deal is on this EDZ obelisk interact bug and how to get around it?

I fast travel back to the gulch (so back to the same spot you are in) a few times until i am able to interact with it.

like this

The past two days I've had tons of cabbage, lettuce and currant errors and getting kicked back to orbit while loading into activities. Networking errors which is baffling as i've changed nothing for years. Went so far as to factory reset my router today and I'm still getting them. Super frustrating.

Anyone know what the deal is on this EDZ obelisk interact bug and how to get around it?

They're working on it. I just keep loading that zone over and over and eventually it works. Maxed that one out so unless i want to buy a frame, luckily I don't have to go there anymore.

like this
There is so much content here, which is great, but at the same time for a New Light player who didn't play through each year / season as it was released, it can be overwhelming. It's like what do I focus on? ...... Still, I'd love to get my quest log down to one page so I can stop OCD stressing over all the stuff I still need to get done.

Iv'e played the game since day 1 (minus the break i took during CoO, it was bad) so I've experienced it all. Something I've always thought is that If I had to pull a friend into the game now, I wouldn't know where to start leading them. In the end I guess I'd have them focus on newest stuff and only really go back and work on older quests if the reward is specifically still good for current content and they're at a disadvantage not having it OR you just want something different to go and do. I wouldn't be able to prioritize all the old content if you just felt the need to do it all no matter what.

I look at it like if I were to get into WoW right now because from that aspect, D2 is much more like an MMO. There has been SO much content in WoW since its inception that if I just started, I would just have to put the blinders on to all that old stuff and just work on what's going at right now.

Now, for completionists and triumph hunters like me, that's a different story. The highest Triumph score people out there right now are in the 120k range and I'm at 104k. Still lots to do and that's how I prioritize what i'm working on. If there are triumphs for something, that's what i'm working towards completing.

That all being said, there are pieces of content that you absolutely have to experience in Destiny and that are the two Dungeons (Shattered Throne, Pit of Heresy) and the two secret exotic missions (Whisper, Zero Hour). Some of the best bits on content Bungie has produced and cannot be missed.

Now, for completionists and triumph hunters like me, that's a different story. The highest Triumph score people out there right now are in the 120k range and I'm at 104k. Still lots to do and that's how I prioritize what i'm working on. If there are triumphs for something, that's what i'm working towards completing.

This will be me eventually. I've already started chasing the easy stuff when I needed a break from whatever else I was working on (Recluse comes to mind). Most of what makes up my mind is whatever rewards a weapon or gear piece I want, or it just looks like fun. I haven't even begun working on the Raid pieces, because to be honest, I don't really enjoy the Raids. Too much stuff to remember, time constraints, everybody getting huffy, etc. I like an appropriate challenge, but I get enough stress in regular life to not want hours of it here.

That all being said, there are pieces of content that you absolutely have to experience in Destiny and that are the two Dungeons (Shattered Throne, Pit of Heresy) and the two secret exotic missions (Whisper, Zero Hour). Some of the best bits on content Bungie has produced and cannot be missed.

I have done the Whisper and Zero Hour quests with help. They were fun, and the weapons rewarding. This stuff is cool. Most the Strikes are cool. I've done Leviathon once, Garden twice and some other Raid where there is a big robot in the middle of a bunch of destroyed buildings. I could eventually get into this stuff once I understood them better, but right now it's just "hurry up and do this thing, make sure you don't do these three things, and then hurry up and get back here for the next thing." I hated Raids in The Division too, so this game isn't at fault. I'm just "too old for this sh_t" in general. :pompous:

The past two days I've had tons of cabbage, lettuce and currant errors and getting kicked back to orbit while loading into activities. Networking errors which is baffling as i've changed nothing for years. Went so far as to factory reset my router today and I'm still getting them. Super frustrating.

Obviously on their end at this rate.

They're working on it. I just keep loading that zone over and over and eventually it works. Maxed that one out so unless i want to buy a frame, luckily I don't have to go there anymore.

Thanks.,

Have any tips for efficient resource gathering so I can do the same in a timely manner? That's a great idea. I see the consumables that are offered and I definitely use those.

I wouldn't mind if they gave us the option to rank up all of the obelisks at the tower one but that's just barely a minor quibble. ;)

If you load to the sludge load-in spot and travel from there to the obelisk you can interact with it. I was able to do that and complete the quests for it. Well at least the quest requirements, i can't turn in the quest at the obelisk though. I've been working on the obelisk at the tower in the mean time.

It took me 3 tries of loading at sludge before I was finally able to access it. I had tried reloading next to it at least a dozen times with no luck. I'm grinding out a weapon now so I can just link it to the tower one.

like this
It took me 3 tries of loading at sludge before I was finally able to access it. I had tried reloading next to it at least a dozen times with no luck. I'm grinding out a weapon now so I can just link it to the tower one.

Yup, fast traveling to the same spot as the Obelisk is the only fix. It's annoying, but at least it's quick. No need to return to orbit or change zones. My EDZ one bugs out routinely.

like this
Yup, fast traveling to the same spot as the Obelisk is the only fix. It's annoying, but at least it's quick. No need to return to orbit or change zones. My EDZ one bugs out routinely.
ya this is what i do to, just keep fast traveling to beside the obelisk and eventually it works. Sometimes it only takes 1 or 2 tries and other times it takes 10 lol.

like this

It appears that about 1/2 my clan have also been having stability issues. I've confirmed that mine aren't OC related. Just seems to have periods where it enjoys hard locks and crashes. I don't think it did it at all the last two seasons and it happens every day now since the season update.

like this
It's going to take me forever to get 20 shotgun final blows in Iron Banner. Not a real big fan of these types of quest just so I can cash in like on every other event.

It's going to take me forever to get 20 shotgun final blows in Iron Banner. Not a real big fan of these types of quest just so I can cash in like on every other event.

It shouldn't. Just get a dust rock blues or some precision shotgun like retold take and its pretty easy. You can also use Lord of Wolves or the Tractor cannon for this.

Lord of wolves or chaperone are your best best. Lord of wolves you can treat more like a fusion rifle and chaperone is more like a scopeless sniper lol. What's really going to slow everyone down is the stupid 10 rocket launcher kills

Lord of wolves or chaperone are your best best. Lord of wolves you can treat more like a fusion rifle and chaperone is more like a scopeless sniper lol. What's really going to slow everyone down is the stupid 10 rocket launcher kills

Oh my gosh. That's terrible. I'm really not sure what they think they are proving with this nonsense. I know they want people to step out of their comfort zones and try different gear and all but...c'mon.

It's not so bad, just make sure you're with your team when heavy comes up. Wardclif Coil is usually your best bet for rocket kills.

like this
It's not so bad, just make sure you're with your team when heavy comes up. Wardclif Coil is usually your best bet for rocket kills.
I've had some good luck with that deathsong exotic you get from Eris. Managed a few 2-3 kills with 1 shot, the tracking things get alot of people with the way they rain from above.

I've had some good luck with that deathsong exotic you get from Eris. Managed a few 2-3 kills with 1 shot, the tracking things get alot of people with the way they rain from above.

I almost tried that but I was worried about wiffing. Ended up getting it done with Truth over Wardclif.

like this
I haven’t done the quest due to the holidays, but I’m definitely using Truth. That thing is almost a guaranteed kill if you are able to even get a lock and pull the trigger.

like this
im ashamed to say Ive never been bothered to grind out the truth quest, think im at 3/4 map pieces still lol

I thought that as well, I NEVER use a shotty in crucible. Lord of wolves works good. I also used Ikelos SG and Ganoras axe. The main thing I figured out was load up on special ammo mods, scavenger, reserve etc, otherwise you'll spend a lot of time with zero ammo. I managed to get about 5 final blows per game. The plus side is right now a lot of people are trying to get those kills also, so you get a lot more up close opportunities.

like this
I haven’t shotgun aped since D1. But I did Crucible a lot more back then. (It was how I grinded up to like 31 light in Dark Below)

Not looking forward to this Iron Banana quest line, it’s frankly fucked up I think to disallow people turning in Iron Banner tokens until the quest is complete for the season. I just don’t see the reason behind it given what the rewards are. (A chance for half decent stat rolls on armor basically)

I haven’t shotgun aped since D1. But I did Crucible a lot more back then. (It was how I grinded up to like 31 light in Dark Below)

Not looking forward to this Iron Banana quest line, it’s frankly fucked up I think to disallow people turning in Iron Banner tokens until the quest is complete for the season. I just don’t see the reason behind it given what the rewards are. (A chance for half decent stat rolls on armor basically)

I spent a bunch of tokens after completing the request and the results were awful. I didn't get a single piece of Iron Banner armor with more than 56 stat points.

I was able to get the shotgun phase down with Lord of the Wolves. I admit: That was kind of fun. I need to do a better job remembering some of these great weapons.

Now comes the rocket launchers. *gulps* This really will be tough. I'll start with Truth. If that doesn't work after a certain point I'll go to Wardcliff next and it will get done over x amount of time. I really would like to get this done before the weekly reset. I hope I can do it.

I need to go big time on my special ammo mods and such. Thanks for those tips.

I was able to get the shotgun phase down with Lord of the Wolves. I admit: That was kind of fun. I need to do a better job remembering some of these great weapons.

Now comes the rocket launchers. *gulps* This really will be tough. I'll start with Truth. If that doesn't work after a certain point I'll go to Wardcliff next and it will get done over x amount of time. I really would like to get this done before the weekly reset. I hope I can do it.

I need to go big time on my special ammo mods and such. Thanks for those tips.

I got super lucky and got 5 of the 10 in the first game. Took me 10 more games to get the second 5. It'll happen, just give it time and play for that heavy.

The real strat is play Titan and bubble the heavy with 20 seconds left.

I got super lucky and got 5 of the 10 in the first game. Took me 10 more games to get the second 5. It'll happen, just give it time and play for that heavy.

The real strat is play Titan and bubble the heavy with 20 seconds left.

Getting the heavy ammo is always the tricky part in the Crucible.

EDIT: Got that done with Truth. I was lucky, a couple of times some teammates even figured out what I was doing and gave me cover and some unintended comedy ensued because doing this is so counterintuitive.

That was surprisingly fun and enjoyable overall. I'll remember that .

Last edited:
Finally got them rocket kills. Ugh. Wasn’t hard or even that time consuming but it’s just a freaking chore and takes away even further from how IB is meant to play. Even without these quests people have issues with working the objectives. With them, just wow.

Oh also, saw a picture on reddit (got removed for being a photo instead of a screen cap) of gear that dropped at 71 base. Meaning after MW, 93, woah.

I was lucky, a couple of times some teammates even figured out what I was doing and gave me cover and some unintended comedy ensued because doing this is so counterintuitive.

That was surprisingly fun and enjoyable overall. I'll remember that .

Oh man, not my team. :ROFLMAO: We were all competing for the Heavy. There would be 3 or 4 of us stacked up around the thing, all pushing and shoving each other. There would be Rifts and Bubbles and Solar nades to fend off the enemy. It was hilarious Chaos, but the other teams were no better. Saw one Titan wedge himself between the Heavy and his shield. It did not work out like he planned, lol.

I finally got it using Wardcliff Coil, took 10 rounds for me, and still managed to consistently cap the most flags for my team. My Battlefield days are serving me well.

Can I just say that tossing a Solar grenade at the base of a flag the entire enemy team is capping is one of the most delightful moments I have ever had in gaming. With the Solar grieves (Warlock) that cause them to burn longer, those things get more kills for me than almost anything else I do. Martyr's Retribution with Demolitionist helps too. Good damage that makes for easy clean up.

Last edited:
like this
Oh man, not my team. :ROFLMAO: We were all competing for the Heavy. There would be 3 or 4 of us stacked up around the thing, all pushing and shoving each other. There would be Rifts and Bubbles and Solar nades to fend off the enemy. It was hilarious Chaos, but the other teams were no better. Saw one Titan wedge himself between the Heavy and his shield. It did not work out like he planned, lol.

I finally got it using Wardcliff Coil, took 10 rounds for me, and still managed to consistently cap the most flags for my team. My Battlefield days are serving me well.

Can I just say that tossing a Solar grenade at the base of a flag the entire enemy team is capping is one of the most delightful moments I have ever had in gaming. With the Solar grieves (Warlock) that cause them to burn longer, those things get more kills for me than almost anything else I do. Martyr's Retribution with Demolitionist helps too. Good damage that makes for easy clean up.
The void grenades last season were amazing to. Having that debuff that caused void damage to increase damage taken made them super leathal for dropping on flags or lock rifts like that. Got so many grenade and ability kills from it in crucible lol

What's this quest I have where I needed to get x number of all different elemental kills in Crucible (I did that) and now I have to get 15 Guardian kills in Gambit?

I haven't been bothered with Gambit in months so I can't say I'm overly thrilled but if it's worth it, I will do it.

What's this quest I have where I needed to get x number of all different elemental kills in Crucible (I did that) and now I have to get 15 Guardian kills in Gambit?

I haven't been bothered with Gambit in months so I can't say I'm overly thrilled but if it's worth it, I will do it.

Thats for the chaperone exotic shotgun from the chick in the hangar.

like this
If you’re any good with slug shotguns at hitting precision shots Chaperone is a good one to have.

Back