Destiny 2

I'm just firing this new season up now because I had a late one last night.
Talk about waiting until the last second, I needed to complete the precision kills for 2nd last step for the Luna's Howl as I didn't want to have to grind to fabled in competitive again. Finally got it done, just in the nick of time. I picked the broadsword up along the way.
tiger_release_final_20191209_234141.png tiger_release_final_20191210_195243.png

worked for me a little bit ago.

Nice, done.

One thing I noticed is when last season finished I had been able to get to 962 and now everything is all hard-capped at 950. I understand they want people to hit raids and such to get ultimately to 980 but I feel a little shortchanged there.

Nice, done.

One thing I noticed is when last season finished I had been able to get to 962 and now everything is all hard-capped at 950. I understand they want people to hit raids and such to get ultimately to 980 but I feel a little shortchanged there.

Gear is capped at 950. It was since Shadowkeep dropped. Pinnacle gear is capped at 960. Since yesterday, the pinnacle gear cap was raised to 970. The additional light levels were granted by your seasonal artifact and that gets reset every season going forward.

Nice, done.

So you didn't really get to 962, that was your gear score + the artificial power level from the artifact which we now lose each season.

Gives you incentive to grind XP to raise your overall power level beyond 950 (now 960) to work towards the 980 content.

I don't mind it, though i'm an absolute idiot and turned in the 145 bounties I had saved up on all three characters before getting the artifact. Ugh.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
So you didn't really get to 962, that was your gear score + the artificial power level from the artifact which we now lose each season.

Gives you incentive to grind XP to raise your overall power level beyond 950 (now 960) to work towards the 980 content.

I don't mind it, though i'm an absolute idiot and turned in the 145 bounties I had saved up on all three characters before getting the artifact. Ugh.

I was finishing a review so I didn't do anything yesterday in Destiny. I haven't even gotten the seasonal artifact yet.

like this
Can anyone explain obelisks to me? I am under the impression I can change the "linked" obelisk to change the sundial event rewards but can't figure out how to do that.

I could just be flat out wrong tho lol. I don't really understand what's going on.

Can anyone explain obelisks to me? I am under the impression I can change the "linked" obelisk to change the sundial event rewards but can't figure out how to do that.

I could just be flat out wrong tho lol. I don't really understand what's going on.
I think you’re correct but I’m not sure how to go unlocking other obelisks. I’d guess they’re randomly dispersed on other planets/destinations. Not sure I’ve only played enough to unlock the first and called it a night.

like this

I'm absolutely not an expert and this is still confusing a little but once you link the Obelisk, I saw that you can unlink it with an option at the bottom row on the Obelisk. I think it was something like 10k Glimmer. You don't lose the ranks on that Obelisk either.

I think you’re correct but I’m not sure how to go unlocking other obelisks. I’d guess they’re randomly dispersed on other planets/destinations. Not sure I’ve only played enough to unlock the first and called it a night.

There are only 2 available right now, Tangled Shore and Mars. Looks like Nessus and EDZ unlock on 12/17.

destiny_2_season_of_dawn_roadmap.jpg

Ok that's where I got confused. Thanks.

Ok that's where I got confused. Thanks.

That's why I mentioned the fact that your gear was likely topped out at 950 and you did the rest via the seasonal artifact. My gear was at 954, and I had +19 via my artifact for a total of 973. But then again, I was doing raids and Iron Banner for pinnacle gear.

like this
...you can unlink it with an option at the bottom row on the Obelisk. I think it was something like 10k Glimmer....

This worked for me, Thank you! I missed that unlink option and was sick of auto rifles lol.

Last edited:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-10-01-destiny-2-armor-2-0-mods-transmog-6007

I want to make sure I understand something that I did. I dismantled a piece of armor that had a mod on it that I wanted to keep. Per the changes, it disappeared. What happened to that mod?

Second question: I have a set of the Black Armory armor that I really like a lot and had put some work into it. It still looks to be operating under the "old system." Should I part ways with it and break it down and if I did would I be able to retrieve the mods off of it?

I know none of this is set in stone. I've been running loosely with the Black Armory armor in "vanilla" game levels and such and then Dreambane on the moon and now the new Righteous Armor for the new season in those areas. I just want to be smart and efficient as I'm still learning some of the nuances of this new system. Thanks!

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-10-01-destiny-2-armor-2-0-mods-transmog-6007

I want to make sure I understand something that I did. I dismantled a piece of armor that had a mod on it that I wanted to keep. Per the changes, it disappeared. What happened to that mod?

Was the armor 1.0 or 2.0? Mods are now permanent unlocks so check your Collections > Mods to see if you have it unlocked.

Second question: I have a set of the Black Armory armor that I really like a lot and had put some work into it. It still looks to be operating under the "old system." Should I part ways with it and break it down and if I did would I be able to retrieve the mods off of it?

I bit the bullet and dismantled all my old 1.0 gear at the start of the season. The only stuff I wish I kept was CoS stuff as it had some good rolls and could take Opulence mods which are helpful for all the Hive related stuff. Otherwise, I went headfirst into 2.0 and now that i'm used to it, its perfectly fine. If you break down 1.0 armor, you get 1.0 versions of those mods (if they even drop at all, i can't remember) and those can't be used on armor 2.0. You have to rediscover the 2.0 version through gameplay. The link you posted actually has a small list of the best places to source new 2.0 mods. Iron Banner is amazing for Enhanced mods so make sure to play that and turn in Tokens with Saladin when he's around.

I know none of this is set in stone. I've been running loosely with the Black Armory armor in "vanilla" game levels and such and then Dreambane on the moon and now the new Righteous Armor for the new season in those areas. I just want to be smart and efficient as I'm still learning some of the nuances of this new system. Thanks!

You really don't need worry too much about matching armor sets between the activity you're doing and where they came from unless there is a specific reason to. Something like I mentioned above where all the Hive mods (armaments/invigoration, etc..) can only be slotted into Season of Opulence armor as it has the required slot. I had to farm Menagerie and CoS again to get more armor that could take the 2.0 version of those mods.

like this
Was the armor 1.0 or 2.0? Mods are now permanent unlocks so check your Collections > Mods to see if you have it unlocked.

It was 2.0. I will check Collections.

I bit the bullet and dismantled all my old 1.0 gear at the start of the season. The only stuff I wish I kept was CoS stuff as it had some good rolls and could take Opulence mods which are helpful for all the Hive related stuff. Otherwise, I went headfirst into 2.0 and now that i'm used to it, its perfectly fine. If you break down 1.0 armor, you get 1.0 versions of those mods (if they even drop at all, i can't remember) and those can't be used on armor 2.0. You have to rediscover the 2.0 version through gameplay. The link you posted actually has a small list of the best places to source new 2.0 mods. Iron Banner is amazing for Enhanced mods so make sure to play that and turn in Tokens with Saladin when he's around.

Iron Banner is the one PVP mode I show up for and milk as much as I can. It's ironic, really. I'm actually pretty decent there. :)

You really don't need worry too much about matching armor sets between the activity you're doing and where they came from unless there is a specific reason to. Something like I mentioned above where all the Hive mods (armaments/invigoration, etc..) can only be slotted into Season of Opulence armor as it has the required slot. I had to farm Menagerie and CoS again to get more armor that could take the 2.0 version of those mods.

Thanks!

Has anyone had trouble with sticky mouse buttons in game only recently? Several times in crucible last week I stopped being able to fire my super after the first shot and yesterday in a strike my right click seemed to get stuck down and I had to run 1/2 the strike scoped in. Afterwards I was having trouble in the menus as well but my mouse seemed to be working fine when I exited to desktop.

My mouse is ancient but I'm not sure it's to blame.

Last edited:
Has anyone had trouble with sticky mouse buttons in game only recently? Several times in crucible last week I stopped being able to fire my super after the first shot and yesterday in a strike my right click seemed to get stuck down and I had to run 1/2 the strike scoped in. Afterwards I was having trouble in the menus as well but my mouse seemed to be working fine when I exited to desktop.

My mouse is ancient but I'm not sure it's to blame.

No, but there is an issue where the mouse will totally stop responding at times. This has happened to me two times over the last year.

I had my lmb stop working randomly in the middle of a strike. I stitched weapons and it suddenly worked again. First time I’ve ever had something like that happen.

I had my lmb stop working randomly in the middle of a strike. I stitched weapons and it suddenly worked again. First time I’ve ever had something like that happen.

I've had the mouse simply go completely dead during a raid. I have to restart the game entirely when that happens.

So what does one do after they log back in and they are power level 750? I tried some quests but didn't get any weapons or armor for completing them.

starting my comp grind again lol, I didnt have the will power to grand out the 3800 glory points I needed for the revoker last season so figured Id wait till the season reset when grinding points are easy (you get huge a win bonus until you "catch up" and get to where your supposed to be). I should hit 1100 in a few games and have enough for both my revoker and the komodo fusion rifle atthe same time, currently getting 250 points per win so its going easy. Just won my second game so im already at 500 ;)

Really loving this new season, seems way more fun than undying did lol

So what does one do after they log back in and they are power level 750? I tried some quests but didn't get any weapons or armor for completing them.

Depends, PvP or PvE? Finish the Campaign if you haven't, do some daily/weekly's for tokens you turn in for Engrams. There's a shit ton to do for gear.

Is it just me or are offerings in the store particularly great this week ?

I’m at 383 and 347 respectively D2 and D1.....

$-10.00 on silver purchases. I bought season of Dawn with my original free 1000 silver from D1.

The shortening of the Gambit/Crucible/Vanguard seasonal quests (2 steps instead of 3) has been a welcome change. The Ritual weapon grinds as well. One sitting I was able to get 80ish of the 150 Linear Fusion kills (thanks Arbalest!) and the Vanguard sidearm was done in an hour with friends all running sidearms. Getting Python was super fun with two Shotgun Scavs and Lord of Wolves. I got the catalyst done for it while working on that and really found a new love for that thing. It just MELTS so much faster than any other shotgun. Absolutely going to use that in more content moving forward.

We'll see, in a month will these have felt TOO short? Maybe.

Some more names:

ZavalaTookMyCookie
BriefManlySquirt
MaraSov'sBathwater
The ghost of Billy Mays
Half Man Half Biscuit
Probably Not A Cop

After a week of trying to find a group on LFG, I finally found a couple guys to do Shattered Throne with me for Izanagi's Burden. We ran through the rest of the quest steps together also. Tried it out in a few Strikes and Gambit. Will have to research the Catalyst to see ehere that drops, but I'm glad to finally have it.

Still need to run Garden for Divinity. Have a bunch of Hand Canon kills in Crucible for Ace of Spades. Boatload of of crap locked behind PvP actually. Bungie can just F off with their forced playstyles and PvP. Can't believe our selection for Anti-Barrier rounds this Season. Just destroyed my Devour Warlock build.

Still need to run Garden for Divinity. Have a bunch of Hand Canon kills in Crucible for Ace of Spades. Boatload of of crap locked behind PvP actually. Bungie can just F off with their forced playstyles and PvP. Can't believe our selection for Anti-Barrier rounds this Season. Just destroyed my Devour Warlock build.

Yeah once I got a bit into the weapon quest bits of the game I kind of lost interest with all the forced PVP, trying to get the new moon stuff done at a leisurly pace and will see what I can get done after that, but I doubt it will be much if not into PVP.

Back