Destiny 2

I caught a phenomenal group last night and finished the orb generation leg of the quest. It was a great group of like 5 or 6 of us. We ran EP level 6 and 7 like 5-6 times, and I actually got the ikelos_SMG to drop as well. That weapon is fantastic for what I have right now, I was mowing guys down left and right after that. Thanks for the advice!
FYI, when you get to the "Invasion Denied" portion you need to kill the invader within 10 seconds of them porting in. I took me a while to figure this one out myself.

Excited for the new content, also happy momentum control came back. Averaging about 6-8% towards my Randy per match, just hit 76% so I'm close! lol, thankfully I had the glory from my recluse grind already and the medals were easy to get.

edit: Got it, not a huge fan of it but im happy that atleast its in my collection now. It feels like it wants to be a pulse rifles without the ttk of any of my good pulse rifles but it lacks the oomph and stability of my jade rabbit to make it a top scout for me.

Last edited:
I like Mercury, was a bit to small but the infinite forest was fun IMO.
I soured a bit on it with time due to the lack of a sparrow. If they give us a sparrow (ffs Titan has a sparrow) it won’t be so bad to go stomping from one side to the other.

It’s odd, I don’t like going to mercury due to travel time within the zone, but I loved the Dreadnaught and put a ton of hours in it, obviously all on foot.

I soured a bit on it with time due to the lack of a sparrow. If they give us a sparrow (ffs Titan has a sparrow) it won’t be so bad to go stomping from one side to the other.

It’s odd, I don’t like going to mercury due to travel time within the zone, but I loved the Dreadnaught and put a ton of hours in it, obviously all on foot.

Sparrows are confirmed via dmg on Twitter today.

Also all the Nightmare hunts are active this week. If you are going for all the 980 time trials, this is the week to do it as we'll lose the artifact power next week. I have two more.

They're not that bad even with an LFG group with no communication as long as you have an adequate load out, though I'm at 983 power.

Saint-14 and Perfect Paradox is back! Man, Bungie knows how to bring the hype.

Ya, that trailer looks awesome. I'm wondering if having the Perfect Paradox is gonna play a roll in the upcoming season. I don't have it yet and after youtube-ing the quest, I don't think I will unless unlocking something else later on requires it...lol

On a side note, I did get a 1/2 punch grave robber one small step last night. It's neat. Just unlocked the gun last night too and got it on my 3rd drop. Good roll too outside of that.

Clan run done, Enlightened achieved!

Now to get my ass back in PoH and get that solo done for Harbinger. Ugh. I hate the totem room solo.

I need to get the Scream Strike done for the Thorn quest so I can use it for all the freaking "Kills with Hand Canons in Crucible / Gambit / Strikes" quests I have piling up. Hand Canons are fun when the AI is comimg at you at a slow, orderly fashion, but they are just too slow for PvP and Boss rooms in my hands. Don't know how they are so prevalent, but my aim isn't what it used to be.

I need to get the Scream Strike done for the Thorn quest so I can use it for all the freaking "Kills with Hand Canons in Crucible / Gambit / Strikes" quests I have piling up. Hand Canons are fun when the AI is comimg at you at a slow, orderly fashion, but they are just too slow for PvP and Boss rooms in my hands. Don't know how they are so prevalent, but my aim isn't what it used to be.

At the right range (which is shorter this season), nothing kills faster. That's really it. A skilled player with a 150RPM HC is hitting all crits is going to most likely win against every other primary weapon type.

Just down to the raw TTK values.

The Thorn has really taken off this season and carried me through IB last week without leaving that slot. Funny as once it came out, it just never felt right and live in my vault for a long time.

Harder PvE content in this season... well Recluse kind of ruined hand cannons as you're right, they just doesn't feel AS effective.

Next week is going to mix that all up and I'm looking forward to putting to use all those godroll pulses and scouts that haven't left my vault in ages.

At the right range (which is shorter this season), nothing kills faster. That's really it. A skilled player with a 150RPM HC is hitting all crits is going to most likely win against every other primary weapon type.

Just down to the raw TTK values.

The Thorn has really taken off this season and carried me through IB last week without leaving that slot. Funny as once it came out, it just never felt right and live in my vault for a long time.

In my hands its more like: miss, miss, body shot... dead now, but that would have been a miss.

Last edited:
Figured momentum control is the best bet I have of grinding mountain top now, so far after countless games I'm 1/3 there lol

Last edited:
There’s some kids somewhere wondering what the hell Bungie meant when they said taped it on VHS.

There's some middle-aged, pseudo-collector geek ON THIS FORUM some where saying "Wait, wait... let me get mine out. Look at this beautiful machine, in its day this was the creme de la creme baby! YEAH!!"

There's some middle-aged, pseudo-collector geek ON THIS FORUM some where saying "Wait, wait... let me get mine out. Look at this beautiful machine, in its day this was the creme de la creme baby! YEAH!!"

I used to have a sweet Toshiba 6-head progressive scan VCR. When I worked at Best Buy back in the day, I leveraged the shit out of my store discount.

I used to have a sweet Toshiba 6-head progressive scan VCR. When I worked at Best Buy back in the day, I leveraged the shit out of my store discount.
My brother in law had a 6 head that was pretty nice. Cost him a good amount and lasted quite a while. I think it finally died and was pitched out about a decade ago

My brother in law had a 6 head that was pretty nice. Cost him a good amount and lasted quite a while. I think it finally died and was pitched out about a decade ago

I was moving a few years back and tossing out a lot of stuff. My Laserdisc player and 6-head VCR ended up getting tossed. I kind of wish I hadn't done that, but I had so much crap to get rid of.

Finally pulled the trigger on Shadowkeep. I bought the digital deluxe edition with the season pass, after reading they were going to get rid of that version on the 10th. Now i have to complete the campaign.......
What I really liked to is if you play multiple platforms (I jump between PC and PS4) then the season pass you get from buying the deluxe applies to all versions, you still need to buy the shadowkeep expansion itself but the season passes are all 1 time purchase

Quest progress should carry over too right? Maybe I’ll do the steam thing and try my hand at Revoker/Lunas again. I’m not good, but I might be better.

Found a pretty good combo for pvp, cerebus+1 and NF. Works pretty well against shotguns and Titan melee rush down types.

I am whooped. Two days of momentum control and what seems like only about 30 people playing (matchmaking took forever and about every other game split the groups and you’d still see the same names)

I’ve got Revoker kills done and I have The Mountaintop. Now it’s just Survival for another 1000 cumulative points to get Revoker.

I don’t even know why I’m subjecting myself to this.

So I played a good amount this weekend. I think i finished the campaign? I have a bunch of nightmare hunts to complete still. Are those still considered the campaign? Other than that I powered from 798 to 906 in a day and a half.....picked up a few decent weapons but I got two masterwork weapons which was was shocked about.
Was trying to get the rewards before they disappear but I don't think it will get them if I have to complete the nightmare hunts to get the commendations. I'm really enjoying this expansion though. Should be interesting to see what the new seasons brings to the table.......I really like fighting the Vex.

Was grinding out a bunch of Gambit Prime this weekend and finally managed to reset my Infamy rank just before the season ends. Was able to unlock Exit Strategy and just need to kill some more envoys and primevals to get my 21% Delirium. Going to take a break from Gambit tonight and hit up momentum control before its gone again and try and knock out the rest of my kills for Randys Throwing Knife and the Jade Rabbit catalyst. Not sure if I'll ever be able to grind enough glory rank for Randys but I haven't given up yet.

So I played a good amount this weekend. I think i finished the campaign? I have a bunch of nightmare hunts to complete still. Are those still considered the campaign? Other than that I powered from 798 to 906 in a day and a half.....picked up a few decent weapons but I got two masterwork weapons which was was shocked about.
Was trying to get the rewards before they disappear but I don't think it will get them if I have to complete the nightmare hunts to get the commendations. I'm really enjoying this expansion though. Should be interesting to see what the new seasons brings to the table.......I really like fighting the Vex.

Nightmare hunts aren't part of the campaign, no. Additional activities that reward different things based on the difficulty.

Also they are Shadowkeep related, not Season of the Undying so they're not going anywhere. Things like Vex Offensive and the ability to get the Undying title/seal will go away tomorrow, however.

Nightmare hunts aren't part of the campaign, no. Additional activities that reward different things based on the difficulty.

Also they are Shadowkeep related, not Season of the Undying so they're not going anywhere. Things like Vex Offensive and the ability to get the Undying title/seal will go away tomorrow, however.
Cool, Yea I don't think I will be getting those commendations.

Yeah, I never touched Vex Offensive after I think the second week. I don’t care about the title and I couldn’t be bothered to deal with VO

Yeah, I never touched Vex Offensive after I think the second week. I don’t care about the title and I couldn’t be bothered to deal with VO

I like the activity, but I haven't had the drive to grind through all the kills for each of the weapon types. I got about half way done and said screw it.

I liked the activity at first but the lack of any variety was a killer. I get that it’s a cheapo throwaway for the $10 season, but a little variety would’ve gone a long way. I found it really fun at first.

I liked the activity at first but the lack of any variety was a killer. I get that it’s a cheapo throwaway for the $10 season, but a little variety would’ve gone a long way. I found it really fun at first.

Let's hope Sundial has more variety come tomorrow. At the very least we know the bosses will rotate like Menagerie.

Just figured I'd post this -

I finally got around to doing the motherboard swap and upgrading from the 2600K to the 3600X eliminated alllllll my fps drops/stutters that came with the Shadowkeep launch :)

(latest chipset driver and 1.0.0.4 Patch B bios installed etc)

giphy.gif

ahhhhhh shit, finally got my mountain top, I was getting really worried I wouldn't get this done before momentum control ended and my comp rank reset on me so im extremely happy to get it done. Was so satisfying to fire off 1 colony shot just as I died and watch it kill 3 guys and see that triumph pop lol, I can finally join the ranks of assholes who rock mountain top/recluse :D lol

Top it off I also got my colony catalyst finished with the final kill

Last edited:
I think this is going to be the first season I play from start to finish. Excited for the rollout today

I think this is going to be the first season I play from start to finish. Excited for the rollout today
I'm super excited for this season, wasn't a fan of the undying event. I'm hoping the sun dial is alot more menagerie like, I loved menagerie and ran it so many times.

Back