Destiny 2

Ya, i can agree there. Especially with the GL. The damage output helps offset that maybe every once in a while I miss, lol.

GLs were basically only indirectly nerfed with the auto reload nerf. Of course if you're a hunter you can still do maximum DPS with sealed akhamara grasps :D

First things first, in two weeks (October 1st), Shadowkeep is launching and all your gear on you and in your vault will immediately be upgraded to 750 Power Level. This makes everything i'm about to say below mostly irrelevant but its good info anyway to determine how the games deals with power level.

So "yellows" or Exotics as they're known can be re-acquired from Collections at any time. They will always drop at 20 Power below your current maximum power. If you're still leveling to 750 and an Exotic you like is keeping your current power level low, pull a new one from Collections.

Worth mentioning that your overall maximum power level is calculated not be what you're wearing but what you've acquired even if its in your inventory, vault or on a separate character (weapons at least, for that last one). New Powerful drops use this to calculate what they'll drop at.

An indispensable tool for any Destiny player is DIM or Destiny Item Manager and it will always calculate your overall Maximum power. I don't know any serious Destiny player who doesn't have DIM open at all times in the background.

As for the Purples or Legendary gear, always keep the highest Power Level gear (you DON'T have to wear it) as again, this is taken into account for your overall maximum power. Even if its not your highest level, you'll want to keep an eye on the roll or the "perks" on it. Now, in two weeks, this is all about to change at least for Armor so its not really that big of a deal. Once Shadowkeep launches, we're moving armor to "Armor 2.0" which is going to mean you'll want to reacquire everything again in a 2.0 variant, your current stuff will NOT be converted.

Thanks for the tips as well. I tried playing the story content but my gear felt quite underwhelming against new mobs. Having that boost will give me a reason to play again & maybe allow my friends to jump in again, too.

I got a few doomsdays, even a curated one. I don't think any have spikes. Is there any nerf to spikes coming?

Didn't end this week with the roll I was wanting on spare rations (rapid hit / rampage) but I am loving a rapid hit / rangefinder roll I got. Got a snapshot / swashbuckler roll too last night, I'll give that a shot.

Rapid hit is an underwhelming perk. I wouldn't take it over hardly anything. Outlaw / Rampage, Rangefinder / Outlaw etc. are all much better options.

Outlaw isn't available on Spare Rations. I do have a rapid hit and Rangefinder roll that's quite nice. Just would like something with a reload and damage perk.

Outlaw isn't available on Spare Rations. I do have a rapid hit and Rangefinder roll that's quite nice. Just would like something with a reload and damage perk.

I wasn't sure what Spare Rations could roll with. Mine has Subsistence and Rampage and I don't really care for it. I try not to judge a weapon in Destiny 2 hard until I get one with the perks I like. That said, you can't get Feeding Frenzy or Outlaw, which I don't like. That said, I'm primarily only concerned about that for PvE, so on a PvP gun I'd opt for a different route.

How are strikes for newbs? Is it safe to que up and just figure it out, or should I watch guides first so I know what's going on and don't have people yelling at me? I'm not sure if these are just multiplayer quests or have some sort of raid mechanics i need to know.

How are strikes for newbs? Is it safe to que up and just figure it out, or should I watch guides first so I know what's going on and don't have people yelling at me? I'm not sure if these are just multiplayer quests or have some sort of raid mechanics i need to know.

Strikes are the most basic PvE activity you'll encounter in Destiny. Just queue up and follow your fireteam members. There is really only one Strike with any mechanics and its in the Dreaming City. If if one of your teammates throws an orb at you and you catch it, hold on to it. Shielded enemies will appear and that now charged orb (from him passing it to you) can damage them if you throw it.

Apart from that they're pretty linear, just run and shoot things.

Just join and attempt to help, at this point every strike can be 2 manned super easy and some solo run so having a new player figuring out the game play will not make much of a difference. When I'm running strikes so long as the other 2 are actually running with me and not afk I don't notice them till the end boss or if I manage to die

Strikes are a perfect way of getting accustomed to the game. They're definitely one-man-able. Lake of Shadows is probably the quickest, and also easy to do solo as a nightfall once you get accustomed to the world of Destiny.

Woohoo! The first of back ordered triumph medallions just got a tracking number for shipping! One of two in bound.

Back to reckoning again yesterday. Nothing but blues and curated Outlasts. I guess it's been a good way to farm for cores. Bungie REALLY wants one to have a good outlast. All kinds of FF/Rampage or Kill clip roles with good perks. Just vaulting all of them for now until Shadowkeep. Haven't fired a single one yet, probably should try those out.

Wayfarer just dropped a shipping notice too. I mean it's been since July but that's cool.

FYI - Steam has the 'pre load' download for the 90gb of destiny 2 if you want to get on that before the masses show up.

For those wanting to do the pre load on steam you have to search for it in the store. I was thinking because I already linked my account it would show up in my games list but it doesn't. I haven't pre ordered Shadowkeep so not sure if that will make it show up in your games list or not.

For those wanting to do the pre load on steam you have to search for it in the store. I was thinking because I already linked my account it would show up in my games list but it doesn't. I haven't pre ordered Shadowkeep so not sure if that will make it show up in your games list or not.

It was there in my games list the second I bought it a few months back.

Wayfarer just dropped a shipping notice too. I mean it's been since July but that's cool.

FYI - Steam has the 'pre load' download for the 90gb of destiny 2 if you want to get on that before the masses show up.
The game will supposedly be 105GB after the final patch and expansion are released next week. Still not as bad as Gears 4 or Black Ops IIII.
It was there in my games list the second I bought it a few months back.
The base game is F2P, which never show up in your library unless installed. It was only in your library because you bought the new expansion.

Back to reckoning again yesterday. Nothing but blues and curated Outlasts. I guess it's been a good way to farm for cores. Bungie REALLY wants one to have a good outlast. All kinds of FF/Rampage or Kill clip roles with good perks. Just vaulting all of them for now until Shadowkeep. Haven't fired a single one yet, probably should try those out.

I don't like it. Like many energy based pulse rifles, it seems to lack any punch in PvE. Time to kill seems utterly atrocious. The only way a gun like that seems to be useful is if your fighting against another guardian in PvP. Energy weapons do bonus damage to guardian shields. However, there are far better options than Outlast for that. Claws of the Wolf stands out in the energy based category, for kinetic pulse rifles the Blast Furnace, Go Figure and Vigilance Wing are all better options as well. Sticking with energy weapons, Luna's Howl, Not Forgotten, Recluse, and other primary weapons all seem to have better performance than Outlast.

Last edited:
Pre-loads for Destiny 2 are now on Steam

de.jpg

des2.jpg

Hit the reckoning pretty hard last night. Did get another rapid hit / rangefinder roll with full bore and another better mag perk vs what I have now. A smidge more range but I've masterworked a rh/rf version already. Got two more curated Outlasts, thanks for the cores Bungie. Outside of that, blues everywhere. Actually felt like the least rewarding session I've ever spent in that game. 3 blues for an end game activity and then a junk legendary. Over....and....over. Also, that was with tier 2. Could not get anything going in tier 3 last night. Either was forced to 2 man it and fail or people would just outright leave. Never seemed like matchmaking could fill out an entire 4 man team and we'd get a run in, so I stuck to tier 2.

Reactions: Dan_D
like this
Got both pins.. Hmm.. they seem hefty enough, but I thought they would be bigger. Guess I should have checked out an unboxing video. Both have double pokey studs on the back to afix this to a bag or shirt to some degree.

As someone who has never played a destiny game, any advice? I am looking to play a bit of the free steam version once it releases.

As someone who has never played a destiny game, any advice? I am looking to play a bit of the free steam version once it releases.

Just follow the story, you will lvl up, get upgrades and learn the mechanics while doing so, the more repetitive and powerful stuff comes way later when the farming starts.

Getting a friend to play with you is also good fun if you like coop.

Reactions: Dan_D
like this
Just follow the story, you will lvl up, get upgrades and learn the mechanics while doing so, the more repetitive and powerful stuff comes way later when the farming starts.

Getting a friend to play with you is also good fun if you like coop.

The game is best done in cooperative mode.

Got a rapid hit / multikill clip Spare Rations yesterday with good perks. As of now I'm done with Reckoning. Spent way too much time this weekend running that. Would like rampage, but I like this one much more than i thought i would. Plus I still think it'll be viable after the season of the nerfs.

Do you guys think Shadowfall is going to be worth it? Does the level cap increase with Shadowfall?
I only plan on playing maybe the crucible once in a while nothing serious maybe visit Zur.

Do you guys think Shadowfall is going to be worth it? Does the level cap increase with Shadowfall?
I only plan on playing maybe the crucible once in a while nothing serious maybe visit Zur.

For diehard Destiny fans, absolutely. You don't seem that interested so I wouldn't bother. Shadowkeep, BTW.

Also yes, tomorrow at 1PM EST your level will be 50 and all your gear will be power level 750.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
So I guess we're all waiting for more instruction for the migration process. I think I've done everything conceivable per available instructions to date.

So I guess we're all waiting for more instruction for the migration process. I think I've done everything conceivable per available instructions to date.

If you have Destiny preloaded on Steam and there are no hiccups (don't hold your breath), we should just be able to boot up the game like normal tomorrow.

I'm absolutely preparing for the delays and queues.

If you have Destiny preloaded on Steam and there are no hiccups (don't hold your breath), we should just be able to boot up the game like normal tomorrow.

I'm absolutely preparing for the delays and queues.
Fortunately I have to work all day today and tomorrow so I won't have a chance to try till Wednesday or Thursday. Should avoid the bum rush of launch day lol

I'll be impressed if this things goes off smooth. Do we have a [H] group that plays?

I'm going to try out the game, now that it's on Steam and free-to-play. I'll try it when I get home tonight, ans if it hooks me I could be up for playing with others.

I tried to download from Steam for a bit and had a lot of congestion and some drop outs. Definitely not on my end. I'm going to finish up Borderlands 3 first and then get into this. That will allow the smoke to clear a little bit.

I tried to download from Steam for a bit and had a lot of congestion and some drop outs. Definitely not on my end. I'm going to finish up Borderlands 3 first and then get into this. That will allow the smoke to clear a little bit.
People getting it last minute. Maxed out my Gigabit connection last week downloading it.

ya, preload went smooth, its to bad more people didn't take advantage of the preload

Steam was having issues all weekend, then they moved up regularly scheduled maintenance to a typically busy time yesterday.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Back