Destiny 2

Offering to the Oracle is a weekly thing. Easy enough to do with two Tier 3 > Heroic Blind Well runs back to back. Then you take the offering to Queen and.. well stuff happens depending on the week. THIS week though, something REAL BIG happens if you are at all interested in the story and lore of Destiny.

As for the Corsair Downs.. completely waste of your time. I dismantle them as soon as I get them.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Offering to the Oracle is a weekly thing. Easy enough to do with two Tier 3 > Heroic Blind Well runs back to back. Then you take the offering to Queen and.. well stuff happens depending on the week. THIS week though, something REAL BIG happens if you are at all interested in the story and lore of Destiny.

Damn, I've never gotten Oracle of the Offering requirements done apparently since I don't have any in my inventory.

So I need to grind per the instructions in that link the Well and get those two quests and do all that like it says? Any tips?

Right now I have 116 Dark Fragments. Can I expedite this process a little bit with those or what?

As for the Corsair Downs.. completely waste of your time. I dismantle them as soon as I get them.

Ok.

Damn, I've never gotten Oracle of the Offering requirements done apparently since I don't have any in my inventory.

So I need to grind per the instructions in that link the Well and get those two quests and do all that like it says? Any tips?

Right now I have 116 Dark Fragments. Can I expedite this process a little bit with those or what?

Ok.

So the whole process is quite simple. Buy the Weekly Quest from Petra (in fact, you should buy everything she has. You need 8 daily bounties for the one weekly and can only get 5 each day) which requires Blind Well completions. Tier 1, 2, 3 and Heroic count for different amounts of that bounty but i know Tier 3 + Heroic at the end counts for 50% so it can be done twice back to back and you're done. Just gotta get lucky and find a group running a Tier 3 when you go in. Make sure you have an Unstable Charge of Light to trigger the Heroic mode after killing the Tier 3 bosses then burn the Heroic boss (changes each week, this week he's super easy).

So yeah, do that twice and you'll complete the bounty. Click it to turn it in then head to Mara in the Observatory in the Spine of Keres. Present your offering and, like I said, stuff happens.

Its different each week and part of the Forsaken story has been told each time. On full Curse weeks, something a little extra happens and you, ah, go somewhere. Really trying not to spoil anything here.

If you don't have any luck finding a group running a Tier 3 when you walk in, try the app or even Destiny 2 PC LFG Discord. I run with one other guy pretty much every night and we usually could always use a third. I can't remember if I have you on Battlenet or not? I'm GuiltySpark#11607

I can always invite you if you're on and we're gonna do some Dreaming City stuff. Tonight though we're running Scourge of the Past so I'm not sure when we're gonna get to it.

Last edited:
like this
Ok. I will make all of that priority one over everything else for Destiny 2 play as of right now.

So the whole process is quite simple. Buy the Weekly Quest from Petra (in fact, you should buy everything she has. You need 8 daily bounties for the one weekly and can only get 5 each day) which requires Blind Well completions. Tier 1, 2, 3 and Heroic count for different amounts of that bounty but i know Tier 3 + Heroic at the end counts for 50% so it can be done twice back to back and you're done. Just gotta get lucky and find a group running a Tier 3 when you go in. Make sure you have an Unstable Charge of Light to trigger the Heroic mode after killing the Tier 3 bosses then burn the Heroic boss (changes each week, this week he's super easy).

So yeah, do that twice and you'll complete the bounty. Click it to turn it in then head to Mara in the Observatory in the Spine of Keres. Present your offering and, like I said, stuff happens.

Its different each week and part of the Forsaken story has been told each time. On full Curse weeks, something a little extra happens and you, ah, go somewhere. Really trying not to spoil anything here.

If you don't have any luck finding a group running a Tier 3 when you walk in, try the app or even Destiny 2 PC LFG Discord. I run with one other guy pretty much every night and we usually could always use a third. I can't remember if I have you on Battlenet or not? I'm GuiltySpark#11607

I can always invite you if you're on and we're gonna do some Dreaming City stuff. Tonight though we're running Scourge of the Past so I'm not sure when we're gonna get to it.

Thanks for all the advice. You are on my friends list. :) I'm ValguardTVE #1762.

550 in that thing? I couldn't even wipe my nose. Right now at 595 and it's still a slaughter. I don't know when I'll ever get it done. Not anytime real soon.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/11/02/destiny-2-oracle-engine-offering-corsair-down/

^^ I need to do all this.

What I mean is, I am struggling to move between 550 and 600 light. Its been a beating. I'm at 587 right now. I still have plenty of weeklies to get done at this point so I think I can crack 600 and finally get moving on Black Armory next week.

like this
What I mean is, I am struggling to move between 550 and 600 light. Its been a beating. I'm at 587 right now. I still have plenty of weeklies to get done at this point so I think I can crack 600 and finally get moving on Black Armory next week.

Same here. Not optimistic about me doing that Armory next week but other than that I feel exactly as you do about it. ;)

Especially with yesterday's changes, each daily/weekly powerful reward should be a big jump up. Just running one character is slower but running 3 is for crazy people with nothing else going on so it's just not feasible for most.

There are always a lot of easy Powerful rewards too that I think a lot of people miss. For instance, right now, each week, Eva has a Weekly Bounty that is something like Bake 6 gifts. Easy. Hovering over her on the map also has a Powerful reward for delivering 12 gifts. So I just baked 12 of those Donut holes who Ikora who's standing right there, got a Powerful for the 6 I baked then another after I delivered all 12 to her. Assuming you have the materials, that's two powerful drops in 60 seconds.

like this
I freaking love this game!

Been working on The Dawning stuff. It's quite the grind!

I played D1 back when it came out for little while, but I am enjoying this much more. I got it when Blizzard was giving it away for free.

If anyone is on around 2200 Eastern and wants to FT, alxlwson#1684

Especially with yesterday's changes, each daily/weekly powerful reward should be a big jump up. Just running one character is slower but running 3 is for crazy people with nothing else going on so it's just not feasible for most.

There are always a lot of easy Powerful rewards too that I think a lot of people miss. For instance, right now, each week, Eva has a Weekly Bounty that is something like Bake 6 gifts. Easy. Hovering over her on the map also has a Powerful reward for delivering 12 gifts. So I just baked 12 of those Donut holes who Ikora who's standing right there, got a Powerful for the 6 I baked then another after I delivered all 12 to her. Assuming you have the materials, that's two powerful drops in 60 seconds.

giphy.gif

Question: What do you mean by hover over? I have that weekly bounty...Ikora is there...I can do this super quick and I'll definitely get the six and that power drop. How do you get 12 and get two of them? (Because I hit everyone once with their gifts already)

I can't remember the exact wording but if you go to the tower and hover your mouse over Eva Levante, shell have a powerful reward listed. I think it was delivered 12 gifts.

I can't remember the exact wording but if you go to the tower and hover your mouse over Eva Levante, shell have a powerful reward listed. I think it was delivered 12 gifts.

Ok. Because you were right about the bounty, cashing it in, and then handing the six gifts off to Ikora. All that worked.

Hover mouse in dialog screen?

Ok. Because you were right about the bounty, cashing it in, and then handing the six gifts off to Ikora. All that worked.

Hover mouse in dialog screen?

Yeah. Make sure to do all the recipes as well to MW the over. Reduces the essence cost from 15 down to 10.

like this
Hmm, ok so go to the Tower. Press M to bring up the map. Left of Center are bunch of "people" marked on the map like Ada-1 on the far left then Hawthorne, Ikora and Eva Levante kinda clustered up together. Move your mouse over Eva and a box should appear with whatever is required for a Powerful Reward from her. Same with Ikora, but her's will say x/20 bounties completed for a Powerful Reward. Hawthorne should show your Clan contributions for a Powerful Reward.

Real sorry, not really sure how else to describe it.

like this
Hmm, ok so go to the Tower. Press M to bring up the map. Left of Center are bunch of "people" marked on the map like Ada-1 on the far left then Hawthorne, Ikora and Eva Levante kinda clustered up together. Move your mouse over Eva and a box should appear with whatever is required for a Powerful Reward from her. Same with Ikora, but her's will say x/20 bounties completed for a Powerful Reward. Hawthorne should show your Clan contributions for a Powerful Reward.

Real sorry, not really sure how else to describe it.

I understand!

EDIT: Got it done. :)

Last edited:
Apparently Blast furnace apparently can roll with feeding frenzy (it's a 4 round pulse).

Range masterwork, appended mag / flared magwell, feeding frenzy, rampage

I'm probably going to masterwork it.

Last edited:
Holy shit that raid was fun. Lots of dumb deaths at the boss encounter but once we got in a groove and knew what we were doing it went smoothly. Two phased it. Definitely not coordinated enough to one phase for a sherpa run but it still was great.

The sparrow race though! So fun! Took us a while because we went for the extra chest. I was the last one alive running up to the secret door and popped my super... couldn't jump back on my sparrow fast enough and wiped us. RIP. Next run though I was the last one alive again and got to the door.

Bad part, I didn't get the shotgun which was the sole reason I wanted to run it. All in all, MUCH less stressful than Last Wish for newbies and a much more action packed experience. Definitely running that a lot more.

like this
Apparently Blast furnace apparently can roll with feeding frenzy (it's a 4 round pulse).

Range masterwork, appended mag / flared magwell, feeding frenzy, rampage

I'm probably going to masterwork it.

I got a very similar roll... On the first try!

The [H] has like 30 people in it, but we haven't really done much lately. Not since Escalation Protocol dropped. A few of us got together for the Eater of Worlds on Black Friday, but that wasn't specifically clan related.
Feel free to join, but I dunno if you'll get much out of most of us :p
I'm taking some time off from Destiny for the moment. I'm just a little burned out even though I love the game.

I did this. Thanks again for the tips! That's a true and literal "game changer."

Although I'm not completely surprised. ;)

I am growing fond of the Well for grinding and looting. Quite fun and satisfying.

Dreaming City really is something special.

Last edited:
I did this. Thanks again for the tips! That's a true and literal "game changer."

Although I'm not completely surprised. ;)

I am growing fond of the Well for grinding and looting. Quite fun and satisfying.

Dreaming City really is something special.

The well is a blast, the ascendant challenges can lick my sack.

like this
The well is a blast, the ascendant challenges can lick my sack.

I agree. The platforming... including this week's even to jump into the portal...is simply beyond hideous. Atrocious. This game isn't first person Super Mario.

So I'm 610 now and still can't get this damned forge thing done. Assuming everyone stays alive we just can't beat the f'n clock. I'm open to any tips and I guess I'll have to go on youtube and watch how people are doing this because I have a hard time believing 5 more points of power is really going to be that earth shattering of a difference. For me at least? This is unreasonable, at least with that damned clock. YMMV

I agree. The platforming... including this week's even to jump into the portal...is simply beyond hideous. Atrocious. This game isn't first person Super Mario.

So I'm 610 now and still can't get this damned forge thing done. Assuming everyone stays alive we just can't beat the f'n clock. I'm open to any tips and I guess I'll have to go on youtube and watch how people are doing this because I have a hard time believing 5 more points of power is really going to be that earth shattering of a difference. For me at least? This is unreasonable, at least with that damned clock. YMMV

At lower levels, I feel like you pretty much have to have Whisper of the Worm to be able to spam enough damage on the boss. Once you are about 625 or so, you can basically use whatever.

I have "completed" this weeks challenge twice, only to either be knocked off or mistime a jump and fall to my death trying to jump over to the chest. Restarts you outside the instance, sometimes right outside and sometimes a good ways away. Have to go thru the whole thing again.

like this
Ran the raid again, still no shotgun. The salinity levels are rising.

Luckily, got a trench barrel one on the first try, and a surrounded one on the third.

But worry not, even the curated roll is common, some in my clan have it.

Luckily, got a trench barrel one on the first try, and a surrounded one on the third.

But worry not, even the curated roll is common, some in my clan have it.

I got one with Surrounded + Threat Detector. If surrounded is procced, it deletes things.

Shattered Throne... What an incredible experience but god damn, that last boss can *$(#&*$ ()%*.

We duo'd it the first time it came out for the completion and Wishender bow but never got any of the eggs/lore. Ran it again tonight and got all those done so Cursebreaker title is real close once I get one more egg in the Agonarch Abyss Ascendant Challenge.. whenever that comes up.

I dunno, i love the Ascendant Challenges, especially going for the Time Trials runs. This weeks is my LEAST favorite, however.

Shattered Throne... What an incredible experience but god damn, that last boss can *$(#&*$ ()%*.

We duo'd it the first time it came out for the completion and Wishender bow but never got any of the eggs/lore. Ran it again tonight and got all those done so Cursebreaker title is real close once I get one more egg in the Agonarch Abyss Ascendant Challenge.. whenever that comes up.

I dunno, i love the Ascendant Challenges, especially going for the Time Trials runs. This weeks is my LEAST favorite, however.

This ascendant challenge always pisses me off. Dying randomly in it is the norm.

like this
This ascendant challenge always pisses me off. Dying randomly in it is the norm.

I hate it but especially the platforming.

The Well is great.

Dumb question: I did a couple of Forge bounties to starting get these Modulus Reports. I need 4 of course to finally pop for the research on a weapon frame. (I get that right?)

Well, I did these two bounties and no modulous reports. I triple checked. I should have gotten two. I guess there some issues here that need to be ironed out as of yet?

The Well is great.

It is, but outside of the weekly requirements for the bounties from Petra, it doesn't really serve a purpose. I wish it did because its quite fun. Basically each week I run it, run two Tier 3>Heroic runs and i'm done on that character. Shame, really.

Dumb question: I did a couple of Forge bounties to starting get these Modulus Reports. I need 4 of course to finally pop for the research on a weapon frame. (I get that right?)

Well, I did these two bounties and no modulous reports. I triple checked. I should have gotten two. I guess there some issues here that need to be ironed out as of yet?

Hmm, i'll be honest I've been full on Modulous Reports for a while (max is like 15?) and I don't spend them on anything unless I want to grind a specific normal weapon frame. Did one of the research weapon frames once and realized they were for normal (non-Black Armory) weapons so I never bothered again. As for your issue, i'm not really sure.

I do the bounties from Ada just to satisfy the Weekly Bounty of 7 to get the Ballistics Logs.

As for your issue, i'm not really sure. Haven't heard of that issue before. Have you done both Powerful Weapon frames for the week?

like this
Back