Destiny 2

Yeah, it won't allow it. Says it cannot be used for infusion.

I was at 600 when I got it so.. kinda doesn't matter at this point. To the vault!

Along with the Wish Ender bow. That thing was a royal PAIN to get and its not even that useful.

Last edited:
I just did the ENTIRE sleeper stimulant grind TODAY. Man that was awful, I hope it's worth it.

I just did the ENTIRE sleeper stimulant grind TODAY. Man that was awful, I hope it's worth it.

O man, compared to some other exotic quests that one is a cake walk. Luckily though, that gun is priceless for certain PvE activities. You're at a disadvantage compared to everyone else if you don't have it or Whisper. Speaking of, the one 20 minute mission to get the Whisper is far more annoying IMO. lol

O man, compared to some other exotic quests that one is a cake walk. Luckily though, that gun is priceless for certain PvE activities. You're at a disadvantage compared to everyone else if you don't have it or Whisper. Speaking of, the one 20 minute mission to get the Whisper is far more annoying IMO. lol

Yea I gathered it was a must have, it's especially useful in gambit and haunted forest. Gotta say though, it's discouraging to me that you call that one a cake walk. I spent probably 4 hours just doing patrols over and over and over to get all those (60) resonate stems.

Granted I did the entire thing from start to finish today so if anything that's why it seemed so awful.

Ah, yeah you know what it was.. I got back into D2 once Warmind had been out for a but and was playing it a ton before I even heard of the Sleeper quest so I had a bunch of those stems saved up.

Yeah, doing that from scratch.. ouch.

Reactions: w35t
like this
That grind since September 4th. What a trip.

Destiny 2 Screenshot 2018.10.26 - 23.02.00.28.png

Just curious, is there ever an option to get older gear (armor) with newer perks?

I don't like this crap they're doing with the t-shirts but I have to admit I kinda like the Ace of Spades one =X

I don't like this crap they're doing with the t-shirts but I have to admit I kinda like the Ace of Spades one =X

Spent $35 on the Solstice of Heroes one.. then they made the armor I got during it useless. Feelsbadman

Reactions: w35t
like this
Anyone in any clans that are actually somewhat active? The 27 of us in the [H] clan does basically nothing together as far as I can tell lol.

Anyone in any clans that are actually somewhat active? The 27 of us in the [H] clan does basically nothing together as far as I can tell lol.

I was in the [H] clan for a few weeks prior to Forsaken but sadly it died as no one who was active really got into it. Sucked but o well. I met a guy doing a sherpa'd raid that I started playing with regularly and eventually joined the clan he was in which is apparently tied ZGPhoto who streams D2. I really just joined so we could complete clan bounties together since we were always playing together.

I had to join the streamers Discord to ask him to accept my application but it only took a day.

Last edited:
the game must have bombed on PC for them to be giving it away for free 1 year later...

the game must have bombed on PC for them to be giving it away for free 1 year later...
not really, you still need to buy the expansion to get to full experience. They know that those that haven't purchased at this point probably wont without more incentive, so they might as well give you the base game and hope you buy the expansion.

For anyone wondering... This is a scam to get you to buy Forsaken. No one plays Vanilla D2 anymore.

They are pretending to look like good guys by giving you this game.. But the reality is they want you to cave and buy the expansion.

Or a tacit admission by Activision that this game is in reality freemium crapware? I haven't played it yet despite being installed, but the impression I'm getting is that they are desperate for people to have it installed even if it means giving it away initially at a steep discount on Humble Bundle and now for free.

For anyone wondering... This is a scam to get you to buy Forsaken. No one plays Vanilla D2 anymore.

They are pretending to look like good guys by giving you this game.. But the reality is they want you to cave and buy the expansion.

Have we reached peak horse armor yet?

Seems only the base game is free and you're limited to Level 20. Not too bad though missing the jump in quality that the expansions (primarily Forsaken) brought to the game. Not a bad gamble from Bungie, they'll definitely pull in some paid customers with this deal since they bundled all three expansions together in one.

PS It's kinda silly to call this a scam, many devs heavily discount the base content of their game when they release major expansions. Yeah the game had issues but the amount of content is worth the 40 bucks, especially the Forsaken expansion content which was pretty damn good.

I'm down to try it out for free. I played Destiny 1 up to Level 10 and put it down, kind of a waste of money. I like looking at the graphics of the game, I'm down to experience Destiny 2, I'll probably be bored of it before level 20 anyhow, so seems like a good deal to me. :)

How is this a scam? They're basically giving away the base game as an extended demo. Of course they want you to buy Forsaken afterward. If you like it, get the expansion. If you get bored, uninstall the free game they gave you.

so only forsaken is required? The others are considered to be trash?

They're decent to varying degree and add something but Forsaken took things to the next level overall. (if you like the game, etc.)

I tried it again and I still hate the movement and jumping. It just feels off to me like the movement is sluggish and everything is at a slow jog. The reloads get annoying too since it seems anything you do interrupts it, and I keep finding I am empty even though I hit reload. More often than not the double jump doesn't fire. I had the same situation in the beta and I get stuck in the initial starter tutorial since the jump won't trigger reliably for me in the turbine. Sometimes I can destroy all three and then it won't let me jump out of the third section. Other times I can't even get out of the first section. Maybe it just hates my keyboard.

The shooting felt fine and better than the Division, but maybe since it is sci-fi it is easier to ignore the bullet sponge mechanic.

I found the game does little in the way of explaining anything which was a little surprising, but I guess they just assumed everyone played the first one.

I tried it again and I still hate the movement and jumping. It just feels off to me like the movement is sluggish and everything is at a slow jog. The reloads get annoying too since it seems anything you do interrupts it, and I keep finding I am empty even though I hit reload. More often than not the double jump doesn't fire. I had the same situation in the beta and I get stuck in the initial starter tutorial since the jump won't trigger reliably for me in the turbine. Sometimes I can destroy all three and then it won't let me jump out of the third section. Other times I can't even get out of the first section. Maybe it just hates my keyboard.

The shooting felt fine and better than the Division, but maybe since it is sci-fi it is easier to ignore the bullet sponge mechanic.

I found the game does little in the way of explaining anything which was a little surprising, but I guess they just assumed everyone played the first one.

Try a controller I think Keyboard and mouse isn't what it's cracked up to be for this game.

Oof. I can't imagine playing this game with a controller, but then again I can imagine playing any FPS with a controller.

KBM has been fine for me. Scour the menus. There are a lot of sliders and adjustments you can make. I *think* you can remap keys and buttons as well but I don't have the game on right now so I can't swear by it.

You can definitely remap things with KB/M. I rock a pad, but I get that it isn't for everyone. It feels really good in this game, though. Just the right amount of acceleration for my tastes.

so only forsaken is required? The others are considered to be trash?
Forsaken includes the other 2 DLC's with it now so you only need to get Forsaken to get all the additional content. There are still more DLC's on the way though.

There is something odd with the jumps, the lock requires you to press 2ce in rapid succesion to double jump while the other 2 classes you have to do it at the top of the first jump, playing lock after the other 2 classes nearly had me pull what little hair I had left out.

Ha yeah, whatever you play more you get better with. I played only a warlock through all of year 1 so the other two are super foreign to me

Did just get Lion Rampant exotic boots for my Titan and those make it feel like Warlock flying.

Downloaded it, have gotten to about level 8 and I'm finding that it feels like garbage. Barely any people and the controls are clunky. I got to Titan as a Warlock and it feels like puzzle jumping hell. Don't even want to deal with it.

Downloaded it, have gotten to about level 8 and I'm finding that it feels like garbage. Barely any people and the controls are clunky. I got to Titan as a Warlock and it feels like puzzle jumping hell. Don't even want to deal with it.

Bye!

I have it downloaded, but haven't played it yet. Thanks for the info. I'll still give it a go, but my expectations won't be high. Don't know why people get so butt hurt over someone else's opinion.

So far I am looking at it as a "warframe lite," getting the gf to download it to see if she does better than with warframe.

Warframe lite, lol. I think its the other way around haha.

Anyway, I'll be happy to never enter the Haunted Forest again but for some reason I really wanted all the Triumphs so after 235 Nightmare kills, I got all the masks. Oof. Never again.

I'm interested to see what the next step is for the Murder Mystery and I hope it isn't something we can complete in less than 10 minutes in the EDZ like it was last week. Its confirmed to be a 3-week thing so we'll see what this week holds.

Back