Destiny 2

DLC 2 reveal. New planet (a winter-themed Mars), new enemy (unsure if it's just a reskin), lore, etc. More exotic exotics.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
While not quite the "Taken King" kind of update people want, I think the Warmind DLC should add a lot to the game. Lots of exotics are getting buffed, there's a horde mode, the level caps are changing a lot, there's a new area (that hopefully won't be tiny), and there are lots of sub-updates planned for the next 3'ish months to keep things flowing. Stuff like masterwork exotics and an overhaul to the 3-tier weapon system.

It's easy to forget that Destiny 1 launched as a freakin' disaster and took a while to become good. This one launched with much higher expectations (understandably), but I'm still hopeful it can become what Destiny 1 is right now.

Wonder how much more life I can get out of the standard Destiny 2 experience. Interested in what the exotic changes bring. I mostly just like to grind public events and the random encounter on the planets.

snip

It's easy to forget that Destiny 1 launched as a freakin' disaster and took a while to become good. This one launched with much higher expectations (understandably), but I'm still hopeful it can become what Destiny 1 is right now.
That just it, its not easy to forget. Destiny 1 was such a piece of shit content wise at launch with a complete 180 by the final expansion. After all the fixing and good will rebuilding they had to do it blows my mind they did the exact same thing with the second game.

Its the simple fact they fucked up attempt 2 (and it's first DLC! ) that makes it that much worse. It shouldn't take an extra $40 and a year to do what it should of done at launch

Last edited:
That just it, its not easy to forget. Destiny 1 was such a piece of shit content wise at launch with a complete 180 by the final expansion. After all the fixing and good will rebuilding they had to do it blows my mind they did the exact same thing with the second game.

Its the simple fact they fucked up attempt 2 (and it's first DLC! ) that makes it that much worse. It shouldn't take an extra $40 and a year to do what it should of done at launch

Agreed.

All that being said: This new content in May is going to be make it or break it for sure. It needs to be "Taken King" at least. I haven't played this game in weeks and haven't cared. The new content comes at the right time and we'll see how much staying power it has.

I have a lot of friends that are/were in denial about how bad Destiny 1 was when it launched. Their main complaints about #2 are related to Crucible balance and the weapon load-outs than anything else. They're the same folks that have every CoD and have never touched single-player, too.

Based upon everything I've read, this new update seems like what I've been wanting. The new exotic masterwork stuff is more in line with the weapons quests from the first game. The new area is featuring legitimately new enemies and terrain. If it falls flat, it will be in spite of at least some developers best efforts.

Maybe the option comes and goes (or maybe you have to qualify for it), but I've noticed that the "Guided Game" option for the Raids is now available. I have Friday off of work, so I think I'm going to give it a shot.
Any tips as far as weapons, strategies, etc. goes? I have every weapon of note at level 335 and I feel pretty comfortable with them. I've completed the various Strikes dozens of times each.

How long does it take to complete and how does it work if you have to bail? I think my plan is to probably have some extra batteries and some drinks/snacks on hand.

Maybe the option comes and goes (or maybe you have to qualify for it), but I've noticed that the "Guided Game" option for the Raids is now available. I have Friday off of work, so I think I'm going to give it a shot.
Any tips as far as weapons, strategies, etc. goes? I have every weapon of note at level 335 and I feel pretty comfortable with them. I've completed the various Strikes dozens of times each.

How long does it take to complete and how does it work if you have to bail? I think my plan is to probably have some extra batteries and some drinks/snacks on hand.

If it's your first time through harder content, it's normally advised to familiarize yourself with the mechanics using videos/guides; most pickup/random groups will not be willing to totally hold your hand unless you're a part of their group (clan/guild/ect.), it's just a thing with MMO etiquette concerning auto-grouping these days. Easy content, it isn't necessary because normally a few players can carry you, but with anything that requires the majority of players to be on the ball, it's just seen as good manners to not be the one holing everyone back (I kind of miss the old days where challenges relied more on personal/group ability rather than mechanic choreography).

Iirc, Guided Games option opens up when you have an appropriate light level and have the per-requisite content completed (mind you I haven't played for a bit).

Sales obviously aren't performing well if Activision is already giving away the base game in the next Humble monthly.

HMMMMM, this looks like a good opportunity to jump on Destiny 2 for PC. I already have it on PS4, but since then I ditched my PS4 for a PC.
I wasn't impressed back then though. Seems people aren't impressed with DLC 1, can we expect something good for DLC 2? They are not cheap, $20 per dlc or $35 for expansion pass.

HMMMMM, this looks like a good opportunity to jump on Destiny 2 for PC. I already have it on PS4, but since then I ditched my PS4 for a PC.
I wasn't impressed back then though. Seems people aren't impressed with DLC 1, can we expect something good for DLC 2? They are not cheap, $20 per dlc or $35 for expansion pass.
It's better than it was at launch, that's for sure. DLC2, in combination with the "updates" will bring the game up to a "mediocre" for me.

I'm starting to feel more generally encouraged by the direction of the updates and, frankly, the much needed and overdue update and new content that Warmind is going to finally bring to the table. Their stated plans so far for the rest of the year give me some hope.

Warmind needs to be "Taken King" for this.

I now have all of the exotics except the Rat King and the ones tied to the Raids. I've read that there are ways to get the Rat King quest to re-activate after abandoning it. Supposedly it has to do with the Crucible and other players using it. Anyone know if there is any truth to that?

With Tuesday bringing lots of updates, I'm kind of excited to see what the new versions of the exotics will bring. A few of them I like as-is, but just dislike their damage. If they really do make everything as good as the Vigilance Wing (or the Sunshot and Hard Light), I see this being a lot of fun.

Plus, I'm sure we'll have a whole bunch of new legendaries, too. I have a stockpile of 330 items and boosters I'm ready to try out on new gear.

Is this primarily a multi-player game or does it have a decent single player campaign ?

I would say the single player campaign is decent enough even if the end is a bit meh but it's a bit mmo like so they need to be able to expand with future content.

After completing the story there are a lot of repeatable quests to further max your lvl or gear. Not the most exiting thing but can keep you busy for a while.

The gunplay is pretty good so at least there is that.

I dunno about the plot/story campaign, but I went months without touching PvP. There's a lot to do without playing the Crucible. It's a little like an MMO in that there are other people doing stuff in your world. I'd certainly suggest giving at least the Strikes (15'ish minute mission done with 2 other players), but you can find lots to do without messing around with PvP. It IS fun, though. FPS PvP hasn't been my thing for 15 years and I've grown to enjoy it.
At $12, you might even be happy playing the normal story and not doing much else. It's a pretty massive game for $12 even if the main quest isn't overly compelling.

I dunno about the plot/story campaign, but I went months without touching PvP. There's a lot to do without playing the Crucible. It's a little like an MMO in that there are other people doing stuff in your world. I'd certainly suggest giving at least the Strikes (15'ish minute mission done with 2 other players), but you can find lots to do without messing around with PvP. It IS fun, though. FPS PvP hasn't been my thing for 15 years and I've grown to enjoy it.
At $12, you might even be happy playing the normal story and not doing much else. It's a pretty massive game for $12 even if the main quest isn't overly compelling.

It's $12 now? I'd say give it a try at that price. I feel like a sucker pre-ordering the bundle with the two expansions included now, hahaha!

It's $12 now? I'd say give it a try at that price. I feel like a sucker pre-ordering the bundle with the two expansions included now, hahaha!

Destiny 2 is the humble bundle this month which costs $12 and can be canceled immediately after subscribing without any disadvantage.

Destiny 2 is the humble bundle this month which costs $12 and can be canceled immediately after subscribing without any disadvantage.

I see, still worth checking out in that case. I'll check it out again with the next expansion, but the game started feeling repetitive once maxing out the loadouts I enjoyed running.

I gave in and bought the expansion pass, wasn't going to until I found a good deal for it on ebay. The game itself is a super solid shooter but not enough content to justify full price, considering I managed to preorder the game for 40% off and just got the expansions for 20% off I have only payed $10 (CAD) more than what the base game sold for at launch :p Managed to hit lv 25 and I havent even touched the Osiris story yet, just did some Iron banners with an XP boost on and I leveled super fast lol

One of the neat things the developers recently confirmed is that the exotic masterworks won't be simple random drops. They're going to involve quests and tasks a la Sturm/Drang. Instead of random rolls, each one will also have a specific stat or side effect that they trigger. As someone who enjoys doing specific tasks rather than playing for random loot, I'm all over this.
They also mentioned the current Vigilance Wing as a target they're shooting for with all of the exotics. Strong enough to be better than similar legendaries, but not a win button.
At the very least they're giving me the right lip service.

Strong enough to be better than similar legendaries, but not a win button.

that's the exact balance they should strive for imo. i've sunk myself back into The Division but i'll check out the new update tomorrow for this game. the gunplay and PVP of Destiny 2 are great and worth coming back for.

So when is the DLC live? Midnight or not until tomorrow afternoon when the maintenance is over?

So when is the DLC live? Midnight or not until tomorrow afternoon when the maintenance is over?

With most things Destiny it'll probably be live at 1PM EST. That's when the daily/weekly resets occur and that's when all of the normal patches have gone live.

Seems likely. As it stands, the announced server maintenance is still ongoing. I just tried it.

Preload is up for xbox and PS4 players now, 6.3 Gb file for xbox and 6.6GB for PS4

I'm going to try and stick with the Graviton Lance, Sturm/Drang, and Skyburner's Oath throughout the entire new area just to test 'em out.

I'm going to try and stick with the Graviton Lance, Sturm/Drang, and Skyburner's Oath throughout the entire new area just to test 'em out.

I've got a lot of those... I'm overdue to get real about some of the hoarding I've been doing.

At this point I have every exotic in the game except the Raid-based ones and the Rat King. Some of them I don't really care about (even if they have been boosted), but those are guns I actually like. I'm curious about the Riskrunner and DARCI as well. I really like the idea of the exotics being boosted above and beyond most legendaries. I don't expect them all to bury the Better Devils, but I'd like to see more motivation to use them. I have certain loadouts that don't feature ANY exotics just because many of them are so "meh" right now.

I love my skyburners oath, does good damage and is super accurate. Its one of my go-to pve weaposn when im not using wardcliff coil lol

I love my skyburners oath, does good damage and is super accurate. Its one of my go-to pve weaposn when im not using wardcliff coil lol

I really like it, too. The normal hip-fire version is way better than most people realize.
Seems the update today is going to make the scoped version have explosive properties (like the Sunshot I assume) or something along those lines.

I really like it, too. The normal hip-fire version is way better than most people realize.
Seems the update today is going to make the scoped version have explosive properties (like the Sunshot I assume) or something along those lines.

fromt he patch notes ;)

Skyburner’s Oath

• +10 aim assist

• +30 increased handling

• Now has the Explosive Payload perk

• Hip fire now lobs slower-moving projectiles with tracking

this game seems like a major disappointment...maybe a Year 1 version like the first game is needed to right the ship...

Uhh is the 310 power recommendation for the first Warmind mission accurate? I'm at like 255 and am out of story missions, have been for months.

I haven't done any farming beyond the story, but then I never have and I don't recall this being an issue in the first DLC or in Destiny 1. Is there some power up token I am missing? Or do you really need to do a crapton of strikes and side content first?

Edit: Yup sure is accurate, can't even damage the enemies.

Last edited:
Uhh is the 310 power recommendation for the first Warmind mission accurate? I'm at like 255 and am out of story missions, have been for months.

I haven't done any farming beyond the story, but then I never have and I don't recall this being an issue in the first DLC or in Destiny 1. Is there some power up token I am missing? Or do you really need to do a crapton of strikes and side content first?

Edit: Yup sure is accurate, can't even damage the enemies.
ya your going to have to do some leveling but it shouldn't take long, the current mission im on is level 330 which im at exactly right now lol. I started the warmind missions at 305 but I had 10+ legendary engrams and all of last weeks milestone rewards that shot me up to 320, first few missions bumped me up to 331.

ya your going to have to do some leveling but it shouldn't take long, the current mission im on is level 330 which im at exactly right now lol. I started the warmind missions at 305 but I had 10+ legendary engrams and all of last weeks milestone rewards that shot me up to 320, first few missions bumped me up to 331.

I'm not sure I want to bother, honestly. I specifically didn't do the grindy bits at the end of the last expansion. If I'm forced to do them before I can even start this one, I will pass.

I just did two public events and an adventure in ~30 minutes and went from 255 to 257. I know I can't linearly measure from that but it'd probably be at least 10-15 hours to hit 310. 255->310 is a huge amount to grind through when no story content was added for that range.

Last edited:
Back