Destiny 2

This is video crack and a time hog trap. This is definitely better than the first game in every conceivable way for me.

Yeah it's really bad I'm light level 252 damn yellow bar on the bottom moves slow with events now.....
One thing I noticed I'm not getting too much Legendary Armor but I get lots of Legendary weapons.

The problem I have with this game as nice visually interaction stufff sucks not a real MMO as far as ALL THE WORK you put into the game goes to waste until you get higher level gear. It's a treadmill that ends at level 305. So people expect to be rewarded from this game if I ever reached 305 I would feel so burned out I wouldn't want to play the game anymore. After a 10 hour marathon last night all I get is eyestrain not a nice tradeoff the game still has a shallow impersonal aspect to the game where it's really hard to get into because all you do is shoot stuff and quest for better gear.

Last edited:
Does XUR stick around all week? It's Monday and he's sticking around for daylight savings time or something?

The problem I have with this game as nice visually interaction stiff sucks not a real MMO as far as ALL THE WORK you put into the game goes to waste until you get higher level gear. It's a treadmill that ends at level 305. So people expect to be rewarded from this game if I ever reached 305 I would feel so burned out I wouldn't want to play the game anymore. After a 10 hour marathon last night all I get is eyestrain not a nice tradeoff the game still has a shallow impersonal aspect to the game where it's really hard to get into because all you do is shoot stuff and quest for better gear.

Agree. I played a lot this weekend, got to level 17, and the game as a single player is fun enough. Looks very pretty, and has an addicting shooter feel. But...when I see real live players in the group event things, there's zero way for me to chat to them, or click them to whisper or anything. it feels very cold and like I'm deaf and mute to other players.

I joined the [H] clan here, but there's no " /c " Clan or Guild type of chat. So while I'm in this clan, I have no idea where other players are or what they're doing, I can only individually chat to one player in my clan at a time, but not the entire clan at once. I'd like to do some world quests together, but that doesn't really seem possible ?

So this game is not an MMO whatsoever. Heck it seems more team deathmatch that anything so far. Any PvE world events are still pretty much solo, and even with real players with no way to open world chat and talk to them, they may as be bots for all I know.

Agree. I played a lot this weekend, got to level 17, and the game as a single player is fun enough. Looks very pretty, and has an addicting shooter feel. But...when I see real live players in the group event things, there's zero way for me to chat to them, or click them to whisper or anything. it feels very cold and like I'm deaf and mute to other players.

I joined the [H] clan here, but there's no " /c " Clan or Guild type of chat. So while I'm in this clan, I have no idea where other players are or what they're doing, I can only individually chat to one player in my clan at a time, but not the entire clan at once. I'd like to do some world quests together, but that doesn't really seem possible ?

So this game is not an MMO whatsoever. Heck it seems more team deathmatch that anything so far. Any PvE world events are still pretty much solo, and even with real players with no way to open world chat and talk to them, they may as be bots for all I know.
Discord, dude. That's what actual teams/clans are all on.

Discord, dude. That's what actual teams/clans are all on.

Ok my WoW guild is on that, but basic chatting and whisper is built in game, a base part of the game itself.

Doing those group events, you see random players. Discord won't help there. Game needs basic chat system between players

Last edited:
From what I've read, their decision maker on chat or whatever the fuck is a lady who got called a not nice thing online before and decided the best choice of action is to literally have no means of communication.

So instead you have to go out to 3rd party sites to find other players. So far I've had _nobody_ even talk back to me over the hilariously shitty voice.

It's dumb as fuck.

From what I've read, their decision maker on chat or whatever the fuck is a lady who got called a not nice thing online before and decided the best choice of action is to literally have no means of communication.

So instead you have to go out to 3rd party sites to find other players. So far I've had _nobody_ even talk back to me over the hilariously shitty voice.

It's dumb as fuck.

Which is killing this game for me. yes the single player storyline part is a fun shoot em up type of game. But I can see it getting old very quick after I complete the main game and reach max level. because not being able to chat in game to real live players standing right next to you, is the most fucked up thing ever in a PC multiplayer online shooter game. WTF

When I first started playing Destiny 2 a week ago, and saw my first real player next to me, I started looking at all my settings how do I chat, how do I get this persons attention ? I couldn't find anything in the settings menu. Then I looked online, and people said you can't do that. I was like WHAT? That can't be right. How can you not have a simple chat system built into a multiplayer game ? And group options ? NOPE

This is looking like a one and done game for me. I will finish the main story, and level up, and check out all the cool planets and do that. But once I am maxed level, and seen everything, I'll be finished with this game. With no chat system in game, that's just insanity and hard for me to even fathom a game company releasing a PC Online game with zero chat. Like really ? You can't be serious.

Last edited:
Which is killing this game for me. yes the single player storyline part is a fun shoot em up type of game. But I can see it getting old very quick after I complete the main game and reach max level. because not being able to chat in game to real live players standing right next to you, is the most fucked up thing ever in a PC multiplayer online shooter game. WTF

Especially if I want to tell somehow how to turn the event heroic or something - nope, can't do shit besides dance in their face.

But apparently it's too much to just block someone or disable the chat if you don't want to see it. Can't let anyone out of the safe space.

So I give up. Too many random crashes in the middle of missions and I have to start all over again.

So I give up. Too many random crashes in the middle of missions and I have to start all over again.

I have to say the game runs great for me. Never a crash or disconnect. I am playing at High settings at 4k res. and it looks great. Only issue I get it sometimes some weird slow down while shooting a bunch of enemies, not really lag, because it happens only once every few minutes, but it will like pause almost for a 1/2 second,a and do that for like 2 second, then smooth out again for awhile.

Lots of people are having stability problems with the game, crashes, hard-locks, etc.

When I first started playing Destiny 2 a week ago, and saw my first real player next to me, I started looking at all my settings how do I chat, how do I get this persons attention ? I couldn't find anything in the settings menu. Then I looked online, and people said you can't do that. I was like WHAT? That can't be right. How can you not have a simple chat system built into a multiplayer game ? And group options ? NOPE

This is looking like a one and done game for me. I will finish the main story, and level up, and check out all the cool planets and do that. But once I am maxed level, and seen everything, I'll be finished with this game. With no chat system in game, that's just insanity and hard for me to even fathom a game company releasing a PC Online game with zero chat. Like really ? You can't be serious.

i'm considering joining a clan (an active one) just so i can communicate with people. the game is too fun to give up on.

I find double jump much easier on the controller than I do with the keyboard.

I like this game, I spent quite a bit of time with it trying out the various classes - I'll admit I just couldn't level my titan up any higher than 4 due to burnout but I managed to get a hunter to lvl 20 with all 3 subclasses unlocked and I managed to get a warlock to lvl 20 with 2 subclasses unlocked - dawnblade and voidwalker and I primarily leveled the warlock using voidwalker, I have the third subclass at 90% but haven't unlocked it yet.

As for hunter and warlock - I prefer hunter jumping, especially triple jump, it works perfectly and has great accuracy and control. For warlock, jumping was a huge pain in the ass and I actually died as warlock more due to missed jumps than actually getting killed in combat and that's my only complaint for warlock.

Hunter needs some help regarding the actual class mechanics, I never found myself using the dodge ability as there was never a need for it and it could easily be replaced with something more useful.

I enjoyed the arcstrider the most because it was great and did a ton of damage but if the boss was not on ground or was floating or flying then arcstrider wasn't helpful.

Gunslinger was really underpowered and I liked this the least as the window of use was very short and damage didn't seem to be impressive at all.

Nightstalker hasn't been impressive either because my issue is that the bow animation and firing is way too quick and I often miss, this is something you definitely have to be close to land and I'm not impressed with the results either. Hopefully this is a player issue and I need better gear.

For warlock, jumping was a huge pain in the ass and I actually died as warlock more due to missed jumps than actually getting killed in combat and that's my only complaint for warlock.

:D ditto. i have my warlock at level 11 currently and i've died more times to missed jumps than anything else. by comparison my hunter (level 20 power level 268) feels like a freakin olympic long jumper with perfect control.

Hunter needs some help regarding the actual class mechanics, I never found myself using the dodge ability as there was never a need for it and it could easily be replaced with something more useful.

completely agree. i never use the dodge function as a hunter. it's a wasted ability as far as i'm concerned.

Gunslinger was really underpowered and I liked this the least as the window of use was very short and damage didn't seem to be impressive at all.

it's fun to use in PvP but i haven't found it particularly useful in PvE.

I didn't overclock my 1080ti this time around and I was able to play for a few hours without a crash. I have a pretty mild overclock too.

I guess the game is a bit fussy about such things.

Any of you guys playing in the morning time (est)? I work nights and so far I haven't seen anyone in the clan on when I have time to play. I got my Titan to level 13 now and the other two classes to the farm, haven't really worked with them yet as I'm still trying to figure out the game for the most part. Managed to get a buddy that plays in to run with me in teamspeak over the weekend and we got quite a bit done, it was a lot of fun with teamwork and voice comms.

One thing I really don't like is that when you get really heavy hordes of enemies and you have several players in there you really can't tell who is who. It moves so fast and there is no clear indication of a player at a glance since the names and the little level square all blend together.

I played the game for three days with zero crashes after launch, then my client was crashing nearly 100% if the time when it tried to load an in game cutscene (which run at a lower frame rate). This pissed me off for a few days and I couldn’t complete the Titan quest to unlock the Solar spec. I eventually fixed it by running the game full screen (not windowed full screen) and then doing a Nvidia driver clean install.

Also insteresting, my crashing started after I tried to enable HDR and it failed. Even with the same settings, it was crashing from that point on.

I’m running 4K resolution with graphics on Medium with SSAO and DoF disabled. And I turned off that abomination of a feature called Motion Blur. Damn near locked 60 FPS all the time.

Light level 262 I did some quest Captain quest on Nessa and Raid opened up for me I went into the raid by myself to see what it looks like.

I played the game for three days with zero crashes after launch, then my client was crashing nearly 100% if the time when it tried to load an in game cutscene (which run at a lower frame rate). This pissed me off for a few days and I couldn’t complete the Titan quest to unlock the Solar spec. I eventually fixed it by running the game full screen (not windowed full screen) and then doing a Nvidia driver clean install.

Also insteresting, my crashing started after I tried to enable HDR and it failed. Even with the same settings, it was crashing from that point on.

I’m running 4K resolution with graphics on Medium with SSAO and DoF disabled. And I turned off that abomination of a feature called Motion Blur. Damn near locked 60 FPS all the time.
Something to consider is to delete your cvars.xml file - that's where all the graphics/sound/keybinds are set.

(I would back up your keybinds if that's important.)

https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Destiny_2#Configuration_file.28s.29_location

Any of you guys playing in the morning time (est)? I work nights and so far I haven't seen anyone in the clan on when I have time to play. I got my Titan to level 13 now and the other two classes to the farm, haven't really worked with them yet as I'm still trying to figure out the game for the most part. Managed to get a buddy that plays in to run with me in teamspeak over the weekend and we got quite a bit done, it was a lot of fun with teamwork and voice comms.

One thing I really don't like is that when you get really heavy hordes of enemies and you have several players in there you really can't tell who is who. It moves so fast and there is no clear indication of a player at a glance since the names and the little level square all blend together.

I am usualy on around 6-7am on my days off. But I work a 5/2 shift so I dont play for a few days here and there.

I like this game, I spent quite a bit of time with it trying out the various classes - I'll admit I just couldn't level my titan up any higher than 4 due to burnout but I managed to get a hunter to lvl 20 with all 3 subclasses unlocked and I managed to get a warlock to lvl 20 with 2 subclasses unlocked - dawnblade and voidwalker and I primarily leveled the warlock using voidwalker, I have the third subclass at 90% but haven't unlocked it yet.

As for hunter and warlock - I prefer hunter jumping, especially triple jump, it works perfectly and has great accuracy and control. For warlock, jumping was a huge pain in the ass and I actually died as warlock more due to missed jumps than actually getting killed in combat and that's my only complaint for warlock.

I enjoyed the arcstrider the most because it was great and did a ton of damage but if the boss was not on ground or was floating or flying then arcstrider wasn't helpful.

Nightstalker hasn't been impressive either because my issue is that the bow animation and firing is way too quick and I often miss, this is something you definitely have to be close to land and I'm not impressed with the results either. Hopefully this is a player issue and I need better gear.

A lot of good points and tips brought up in this post.

I am using Hunter and for now at gunslinger despite the fact that I think the concerns of this being nerfed a bit coming out of the beta are still somewhat true.

Join a clan in game got some major loot rewards boosted me up to level 267 light has about 30 members or so mostly everyone in inactive.

What does the stuff scale on on NPCs when you hit the max power level 265? So does Xurs stuff level at 270?

Since the last update I had zero freezes and hard lockups..

Last edited:
Join a clan in game got some major loot rewards boosted me up to level 267 light has about 30 members or so mostly everyone in inactive.

What does the stuff scale on on NPCs when you hit the max power level 265? So does Xurs stuff level at 270?

Since the last update I had zero freezes and hard lockups..
npcs engrams give you 265 max. after that its rewards from weekly activities, raids and nightfall strikes that gets you to 280. after that only mods get you higher i believe.

Finally redeemed my code, should be able to get some playtime in on Sat. Haven't played a sci fi FPS for a while.

Does XUR stick around all week? It's Monday and he's sticking around for daylight savings time or something?

I haven't figured that out either. All I know is I blew all of my legendary shards on a pulse rifle from him that looked good and ended up being awful. :(

I haven't figured that out either. All I know is I blew all of my legendary shards on a pulse rifle from him that looked good and ended up being awful. :(

Xur is around from 2am PST Friday mornings until 2am PST Tuesday mornings (official reset time, can't remember if it changes per DST or not but it is basically reset when I wake up on Tuesdays).

I tried that pulse rifle it was the worst I scraped it within a hour. I got two helmets from him but have like 130 legendary shards for next week.

I
tried that pulse rifle it was the worst I scraped it within a hour. I got two helmets from him but have like 130 legendary shards for next week.

Scout Rifle is what I'm about. Usually swapped out with a hand cannon. I've stuck with this:

I've fused other hand cannons and upgraded it because it's just that damned good. It's incredible. It's going to take something remarkable to unseat that Sunshot exotic out of my rotation.

I want to try and get this soon:

The latest patch that came out on Monday fixed all the stuttering issues I had from the previous patch.

Plodding along, hit 268 power. Doing the planetary story missions for gear and grabbing "powerful rewards" in the milestones when I can. Looking forward to trying out the raid soon.

I hit 300 yesterday after the milestone reset, we beat calus on monday so I've done the entire raid. The only thing I haven't done is challenge modes on the raids and the prestige nightfall. If you guys have any questions LMK

Scout Rifle is what I'm about. Usually swapped out with a hand cannon. I've stuck with this:

I've fused other hand cannons and upgraded it because it's just that damned good. It's incredible. It's going to take something remarkable to unseat that Sunshot exotic out of my rotation.

I want to try and get this soon:

Sturm isn't too bad to get, the quest is actually pretty easy. Have you started the MIDA scout rifle quest yet? If you like Scout rifles thats the way to go. Try and get your light level as high as possible before hand, as it effects the item drop level even from the quests.

Also worth mentioning is although I have sturm I don't use it. Lots of guns are viable and some of its preference but there are plenty that are king.

Currently have a 305 origin story, thats basically the best, I have a 299 sunshot for elemental and I like that a lot too. If you get the fusion rifle that shoots in a line, that is really good for PVE as well.

Back