Destiny 2

Thanks. I know I can just go read it but sometimes infographics are just easier.

I use Le Monarque infrequently. Essentially, I use it whenever I need a hard hitting void based weapon with decent range on it. The poison cloud it generates makes it solid against groups of adds. Your right though, Jötunn may not be the principal problem, but its an example of what is wrong with the game's PvP modes. After having played Anthem though, its hardly a better way to go. It has far more wrong with it than Destiny 2 does.

Were you into The Division? I played it pretty seriously up until the first "raid" they released and then lost interest entirely. 6 months or so ago, i was seeing rumblings about the "1.8" update that supposedly fixed and added a ton to the game but I was back into Destiny pretty seriously so I didn't bother.

During the lull the past couple weeks, a buddy and I started new Division characters and leveled them and we're blown away with how satisfying the loot game and gear progression is. If you're into the numbers, builds, mix/maxing, you can get pretty crazy.

We're going to be hitting Division 2 pretty hard in between Destiny content.

I think I'll like Division 2 since I had liked Division 1 so much. Likewise my buddies playing Division fell off after how horse crap that first "raid" that came out. We played on and off over the DLC releases and found survival to be pretty incredible if it didn't take 20 minutes to find a match.

I've debated picking it up but I've also been trying to go through my backlog of games which is pretty much everything not multiplayer in my library.

Mayhem is back for Crucible this week. That's good news for speed...we'll see how it is for this Drifter quest.

Mayhem is back for Crucible this week. That's good news for speed...we'll see how it is for this Drifter quest.

I tried but as a Titan, i found the slower, safer plays in Quickplay to work better. If I was a hunter or warlock (Blade Barrage or bottom tree Dawn Blade) I think mayhem would have worked better for me.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Were you into The Division? I played it pretty seriously up until the first "raid" they released and then lost interest entirely. 6 months or so ago, i was seeing rumblings about the "1.8" update that supposedly fixed and added a ton to the game but I was back into Destiny pretty seriously so I didn't bother.

During the lull the past couple weeks, a buddy and I started new Division characters and leveled them and we're blown away with how satisfying the loot game and gear progression is. If you're into the numbers, builds, mix/maxing, you can get pretty crazy.

We're going to be hitting Division 2 pretty hard in between Destiny content.

The game didn't appeal to me at all actually.

like this
I tried but as a Titan, i found the slower, safer plays in Quickplay to work better. If I was a hunter or warlock (Blade Barrage or bottom tree Dawn Blade) I think mayhem would have worked better for me.

Agreed. That and I couldn't get Mayhem to load.

At 6 percent. This is going to take forever.

Agreed. That and I couldn't get Mayhem to load.

At 6 percent. This is going to take forever.

Keep at it and play safe. I went from 14% to 1%, then back to 14%.. then back to 1%. Stuck with it though, got that one game where I was on a roll (likely terrible opposing team) and made it happen. I was REALLY struggling early on though.

It will happen.

like this
Keep at it and play safe. I went from 14% to 1%, then back to 14%.. then back to 1%. Stuck with it though, got that one game where I was on a roll (likely terrible opposing team) and made it happen. I was REALLY struggling early on though.

It will happen.

This is stupid. VERY stupid.

Just for the record. There's no way I'm going to live in Crucible for Lord knows how many hours, either. Hopefully I'll get it done over time.

Do I even want to know what the next step after this is? Is this gun really "that" good and better than Ace?

Man, i feel for you because i was in that position last night. Buddy I was playing with (who already finished) was getting worried as I was super negative and said I was forgetting this quest a few times but there wasn't anything else I needed to do so I just stuck with it and played slow, smart and stayed in the back. Keep with your team and try and at least get a shot in on someone and hope someone else finishes them off as assists DO count.

If you're playing Hunter, i'm told Gemeni Jester is a good exotic chest to run as the stun you can do counts as a "hit". If someone else then kills them, you still get credit.

The reason this particular step (Step 2) sucks isn't the PvP, its the fact that you can lose progress. I hated that.

Sadly its NOT the last PvP step but the next one will allow you to just do it over time and you can't lose progress.

Here is the full list of steps if you're interested in looking ahead

As for the gun itself, its a meta shiter for sure in PvP and that community is going nuts. The TTK is quite low and awards you with firing from the hip which is how it was designed. Its absolutely unique and definitely got killed by a few last night while trying to get mine. From what I've watched, it takes a bit of adjustment as its not just another hand cannon so if you go in attempting to use it like you use Ace, you won't be getting its full potential and you'll be at a disadvantage, actually.

It truly rewards a different playstyle and mixes things up and its also sitting as an unclaimed Exotic which means I need it. :-P

Reactions: Dan_D
like this
This is stupid. VERY stupid.

Just for the record. There's no way I'm going to live in Crucible for Lord knows how many hours, either. Hopefully I'll get it done over time.

Do I even want to know what the next step after this is? Is this gun really "that" good and better than Ace?

Just do whatever you can to keep a 1.0 k/d. If you hit that, you will be making progress. Use a pulse rifle from far back, don't rush around corners, etc. In quick play, you'll find that if you just hold corners, people will come flying around them since they're just looking for as many kills as possible.

Take a break if you get frustrated. My friend was in the same boat last night. He was having a terrible pvp night, so he kept going back to single digit progress. I finished my quest after about 5 games, but kept playing to try and help him out. At one point he got up to 55% only to drop all the way back to 7%. I made him take a break for a while, and when he came back he started making progress since he had a clear head.

Just do whatever you can to keep a 1.0 k/d. If you hit that, you will be making progress. Use a pulse rifle from far back, don't rush around corners, etc. In quick play, you'll find that if you just hold corners, people will come flying around them since they're just looking for as many kills as possible.

Take a break if you get frustrated. My friend was in the same boat last night. He was having a terrible pvp night, so he kept going back to single digit progress. I finished my quest after about 5 games, but kept playing to try and help him out. At one point he got up to 55% only to drop all the way back to 7%. I made him take a break for a while, and when he came back he started making progress since he had a clear head.

Honestly, if you pop into a match and start getting steamrolled, there is no reason to stay in it. These kinds of quests really create an unpleasant PvP atmosphere. You have people who don't want to be there and don't want to lose progress so they'll bail on a team match they aren't doing well in. In turn, that team ends up doing worse for it.

Last edited:

Good tips.

Co-signed with what Dan D. just wrote.

Fuck that Goddamn Last Word quest. As I predicted, a few dick bags with Jötunn are basically running the matches. There I am with a positive K/D ratio and as soon as the unbalanced supers and seemingly unlimited ammo shotguns with ranges that match an auto rifle come out, its over and I make ZERO Goddamn progress. My Last Word is that PvP is fundementally flawed in this game and the developers are a bunch of goddamn assholes for forcing players into a game mode they don't want to do anyway. They add insult to misery by making us suffer for even longer with the whole "negative" progress bullshit. I hit 17% shortly in my first match but again, everyone seems to be able to get their super faster than me, unlimited special ammunition, etc. Fuck this shit.

So now, if I'm ever up on my K/D ratio, I'll return to orbit before some jack ass with Spectral Blades can fuck my shit up.

Last edited:
Fuck that Goddamn Last Word quest. As I predicted, a few dick bags with Jötunn are basically running the matches. There I am with a positive K/D ratio and as soon as the unbalanced supers and seemingly unlimited ammo shotguns with ranges that match an auto rifle come out, its over and I make ZERO Goddamn progress. My Last Word is that PvP is fundementally flawed in this game and the developers are a bunch of goddamn assholes for forcing players into a game mode they don't want to do anyway. They add insult to misery by making us suffer for even longer with the whole "negative" progress bullshit. I hit 17% shortly in my first match but again, everyone seems to be able to get their super faster than me, unlimited special ammunition, etc. Fuck this shit.

I feel your pain, man. I really wish they would at least consider eliminating the negative progress component. I'll have to look later and see what kind of feedback Bungie is getting so far. I have already been wacked by some Last Hopes so people are obviously doing it but... damn.

Hell, I still can't even get Jotunn to drop and I've been a pretty steady Forge (especially Bergusia) runner and done well. I'm assuming it's a random drop like the two pretty sweet exotic bows that I got.

Jotunn w/ Transversive Steps + as many Fusion Rifle Scavengers as you can manage. Unlimited Special Ammo indeed and you never have to reload.

Jotunn though.. super inconsistent but that makes me happy where its at. I've missed some some easy shots and hit others that had no business tracking that hard. It sure is a laugh when you map someone and they never saw it coming. Defending against it though, if you know its coming and just strafe a little, its sometimes avoidable. Because of that, I don't really think its all that OP.

like this
Jotunn w/ Transversive Steps + as many Fusion Rifle Scavengers as you can manage. Unlimited Special Ammo indeed and you never have to reload.

Jotunn though.. super inconsistent but that makes me happy where its at. I've missed some some easy shots and hit others that had no business tracking that hard. It sure is a laugh when you map someone and they never saw it coming. Defending against it though, if you know its coming and just strafe a little, its sometimes avoidable. Because of that, I don't really think its all that OP.

Yeah, Jotuun definitely isnt OP like a lot of people think. Once you get it, you realize it is extremely easy to miss. Like any lateral movement at all, and it will miss for sure.

Last edited:

It's crap like this which makes the game extremely unbalanced as far as PvP goes. Its RNG on getting shit like this. Once you do, some combinations are overpowered as fuck and it puts everyone else at an extreme disadvantage.

I don't know. It won't ever drop for me so I have no experience with it.

like this
LW.PNG

Done. All in all, honestly not too terrible to finish.

Somehow I'm at 69 percent. I just went into quickplay and took everyone's advice and am trying to play smart and not overthink it.

Somehow I'm at 69 percent. I just went into quickplay and took everyone's advice and am trying to play smart and not overthink it.

Congrats! Just keep thinking that. Don't rush anyone, let them come to you, always be glancing at your radar, and try and stick with teammates. If a teammate is shooting someone, try and also at least tag that target so you get the assist.

You got this!

like this

Awesome! I told you you'd be surprised how many people you can kill if you just take it slow and stop just sprinting everywhere lol. I feel like nearly anyone can get a positive k/d if you just stick to an area of the map where you can use a pulse rifle from range while just ads-ing waiting for other idiots to sprint around a corner into your crosshairs.

like this
Never ceases to amaze me how inconsistent this is. Now I'm stuck at 69. Earlier I was playing really well apparently... now I don't. LOL. It's going to be luck and attrition.

Just think of how great its going to feel when you get it done. Actual accomplishment and hell, you may have learned, even a little bit, how to play smarter. I know I did.

Bungie out here tryna teach us shit.

like this
Just think of how great its going to feel when you get it done. Actual accomplishment and hell, you may have learned, even a little bit, how to play smarter. I know I did.

Bungie out here tryna teach us shit.

That's how I felt about getting the Ace of Spades, but it still sucked ass.

That's how I felt about getting the Ace of Spades, but it still sucked ass.

Yup, and so does this with that "defeat" stipulation. I'm stuck at around 70 and I'm quitting for the day on that. I've spent a lot more time on it than I would have liked. Pure luck and attrition will be how this gets done. Nothing else.

Absolutely. I had that one game where I ended with 35 kills and a 2.75 efficiency that got me out of my slump. Gotta wait for that game.

like this
So I played a few games using the Last Word. I can't decide if I like it or not. It takes a completely different kind of play style than I'm used to. I can see why the pvp people are drooling over it though. It's perfect for the close range, shotgun sliding meta.

Hell, I still can't even get Jotunn to drop
It has a high droprate if you don't have it yet, something like 20% chance to drop - however you need to craft a "powerful frame" at Bergusia to get that drop chance. So you only get two tries per week per character (as ADA only gives you two powerful frames per week). Doesn't matter if you run Bergusia 100 times a week, only the two powerful frames count.

When she gives you a powerful frame, you have to ignore the "go to <specific forge>" of the quest step and go to Bergusia and craft the frame there (Bergusia can craft any frame regardless of what it says on the frame itself)

like this
It has a high droprate if you don't have it yet, something like 20% chance to drop - however you need to craft a "powerful frame" at Bergusia to get that drop chance. So you only get two tries per week per character (as ADA only gives you two powerful frames per week). Doesn't matter if you run Bergusia 100 times a week, only the two powerful frames count.

When she gives you a powerful frame, you have to ignore the "go to <specific forge>" of the quest step and go to Bergusia and craft the frame there (Bergusia can craft any frame regardless of what it says on the frame itself)

Good. I've been doing that right. I basically go to Bergusia for practically everything. I'll get Jotunn eventually. ;)

Fuck I hate this quest. I was up to 19% and some dick bag shot me with Golden Gun AFTER the match was over. It dropped me down to 17%. WTF? I tried another match and ended back filling a loser where I ended up getting killed by assholes and spectral blades, spawn campers, etc. dropping me down to 14%. I was actually taking fire when I returned to orbit. I managed to get out without losing anymore.

Seriously, the negative progress sucks diseased horse dicks. I can normally keep a positive K/D ratio but all it takes is one shitty match to seriously fuck up your experience.

EDIT: Back to 24%. I actually had a pretty decent match. I stayed back and plugged away with Vigilance Wing. Unfortunately, its luck of the draw on teams. If you get a bad one, I'd bail the second it goes south.

Last edited:
like this
EDIT: Back to 24%. I actually had a pretty decent match. I stayed back and plugged away with Vigilance Wing. Unfortunately, its luck of the draw on teams. If you get a bad one, I'd bail the second it goes south.

That's what I'm going to do today. I'm going to be Alt f4 at the drop of a hat.

Let me be real clear on this: Does the quest care if your team wins or loses or is it strictly about your personal performance and nothing else? So let's say I go into K/D net positive territory but my team loses. Does it matter?

Last edited:
That's what I'm going to do today. I'm going to be Alt f4 at the drop of a hat.

Let me be real clear on this: Does the quest care if your team wins or loses or is it strictly about your personal performance and nothing else? So let's say I go into K/D net positive territory but my team loses. Does it matter?

You can get stomped as a team but if you went 1.0+, you'll advance the quest. Everyone seems to be playing with that mentality. Hell I was playing Control and I don't think i went for a point once.

like this
You can get stomped as a team but if you went 1.0+, you'll advance the quest. Everyone seems to be playing with that mentality. Hell I was playing Control and I don't think i went for a point once.

Good to know.

Aside: I can highly recommend Warframe to anyone that wants something different that still scratches certain itches like this game does. ;)

Granted, I'm done with the quest, but the biggest issue I've run into is people quitting games when they die a couple of times. When I was trying to get the 25 medals portion of the quest, I had a bunch of games where my team ended up being only 3 people. There's no penalty for quitting quick play, so I get why people do it, but it sucks for others that stick it out while trying to get their quest kills.

Good to know.

Aside: I can highly recommend Warframe to anyone that wants something different that still scratches certain itches like this game does. ;)

I couldn't get into it, too much jumping around. Division is going to be my alternate I think moving forward.

like this
Back