Destiny 2

Gah starting to see gameplay videos of the bow's and I cant wait to try it lol, very excited for this new content

Just did my first pvp match and ended with a 19:1 kd. I think they broke match making because there should be no reason for me to be playing obviously new guys.

Last edited:
I managed to get in about an hour last night. So far I really like it but I absolutely *HATE* having to collect random shit on random planets to upgrade anything. So tedious.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I managed to get in about an hour last night. So far I really like it but I absolutely *HATE* having to collect random shit on random planets to upgrade anything. So tedious.

Yup, same here. That's an extra step of absolutely needless tedium that I hope gets undone ASAP and I can already see this far and away as the highest level complaint out and about.

Other than that, I'm pretty happy with all of this. This game really was several months overdue for this much needed injection of freshness.

I HIGHLY suggest not upgrading anything until you are level 50 and 500 power level. It's just too expensive. Use what you find until then, you'll be much better off.

You CAN buy mats, masterwork cores and even glimmer from Spider and his prices reset each day. If you buy too much in one day the prices just keep getting higher so spread it out.

like this
I HIGHLY suggest not upgrading anything until you are level 50 and 500 power level. It's just too expensive. Use what you find until then, you'll be much better off.

You CAN buy mats, masterwork cores and even glimmer from Spider and his prices reset each day. If you buy too much in one day the prices just keep getting higher so spread it out.
ya, except for my graviton lance this is what im doing now. The graviton lance is just to sexy not to use for leveling lol

Yeah I got my Whisper up to 500 which helped a ton, plus I just can't part with that thing. However a 500 granade launcher made short work of the Barons.

like this
How are people up to 500 and level 44s and so forth already? No sleep? No breathing? ;)

Not impressed with losing my ammo if I switch weapons back and forth. (Example: Switching Graviton Lance to a sniper rifle and then back again in the same slot.)

That and the addition to the fusing are really confounding choices to me.

The ammo thing.. yeah. That started with 2.0.0 last week and has been super annoying. The infusing thing though, if you wait a day before buying a ton of masterwork cores its doable. I guess they just don't want you immediately getting all your old gear up to the new level before trying out the new stuff at least a little. Can't say I blame them, there are some cool guns I've found.

like this
I have yet to play my PC copy that I got from the Humble Bundle. My internet is locked at 15 down 1 up. It sucks. Every time I get close to having the damn d/l done, it updates with another fucking 28gbs or so. So, it's been in a state of "download" for about a month now. I don't run my PC 24/7 and I also just recently updated everything. I messed up the data transfer and lost my progress. So, started it again. The progress bar looks like it's almost done, but clearly states, "28.8gbs left to download."

Oh, I guess Forsaken is out too. Gotta download that.

I have yet to play my PC copy that I got from the Humble Bundle. My internet is locked at 15 down 1 up. It sucks. Every time I get close to having the damn d/l done, it updates with another fucking 28gbs or so. So, it's been in a state of "download" for about a month now. I don't run my PC 24/7 and I also just recently updated everything. I messed up the data transfer and lost my progress. So, started it again. The progress bar looks like it's almost done, but clearly states, "28.8gbs left to download."

Oh, I guess Forsaken is out too. Gotta download that.

It's a pretty hefty download. 35GB + 7GB. Or so.

Wifey and I are not sure about getting this since it's at least $40 x 2. Doubt we're into the season pass given how uninterested she's become. Random rolls, campaign, eh?

I guess this is the marathon guys and the junkies but I was amazed to come on even early yesterday and already see people at 500 power and level 45s and such and I just finally broke past 400 late yesterday afternoon. I've got a long haul ahead of me unless I can finally get into some raids and stuff. They weren't kidding about a general uptick in difficulty (which most of the time hasn't bothered me) but I've got to figure something out.

Overall, though, I am very happy with this.

Got a few more minutes to play last night. The new bow weapon is pretty cool. At first I wasn't sold on the need for such a thing, but it's unique enough that it belongs. The Spectral Blades super looks like it'll finally let Nightstalkers wreck shit in the Crucible like seemingly every other class. I've given up on upgrading anything and am just using whatever drops. It definitely speeds up the process of leveling up. At first I thought it would be a massive grind, but I'm seeing blue drops that are a full 10+ levels higher dropping regularly. My character looks stupid, but at least I'm leveling up. The new drops seem worthwhile thus far. Gotten a solid to good pulse rifle and a decent auto-rifle.

like this
so I've discovered im trash with the bow in pvp lol, PvE im ok with it but PvP I just miss to many shots to stay competitive. Bow seems very well balanced though, I have had a few good 1v1 fights and its always a toss up of whos going to win

so I've discovered im trash with the bow in pvp lol, PvE im ok with it but PvP I just miss to many shots to stay competitive. Bow seems very well balanced though, I have had a few good 1v1 fights and its always a toss up of whos going to win

I haven't tried that yet, but it feels like the bow is going to be pretty unforgiving in the Crucible. I can imagine good mouse players doing really well with it, but PC pad players and console players aren't going to do so hot. Aiming isn't that fast and assist is pretty mediocre, too. At least with the base bow. Maybe there's an exotic bow that's a little quicker?

I haven't tried that yet, but it feels like the bow is going to be pretty unforgiving in the Crucible. I can imagine good mouse players doing really well with it, but PC pad players and console players aren't going to do so hot. Aiming isn't that fast and assist is pretty mediocre, too. At least with the base bow. Maybe there's an exotic bow that's a little quicker?

You probably have seen you can throw resources at it and upgrade its accuracy.

Mine is a 410 base which is how I got it and you can up its accuracy in its options.

I'm up to 3 or 4 on however many levels it goes up and it definitely shows. It may be a little slow but it has saved my butt in a number of PVE situations. I even tried it in Gambit and helped my team out a little bit. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do.

It's a pretty hefty download. 35GB + 7GB. Or so.

Wifey and I are not sure about getting this since it's at least $40 x 2. Doubt we're into the season pass given how uninterested she's become. Random rolls, campaign, eh?

I finally got to load it last night and got called in during the opening cinematic.

*flips table*

like this
I'm probably the only idiot that didn't figure this out right away but for those of you who may have been like me and need help.

I have never gone up in levels as fast as I have in the last day and as painlessly as I have in Forsaken with this following tactic:

Go to eververse and get a fireteam medallion. Activate it.

It's still a lot better than nothing but that's what it does.

You have four real world hours from activating a fireteam medallion to operate under its benefits.

I did that and just start taking on bounties while going out and doing public events. I mostly stayed on Tangled Reef but Spider's bounties took me into the EDZ and I did all of them yesterday. In two and a half hours of gaming with a few interruptions I went from level 41 to 48 or so. Stunning.

I now understand how people have gotten to level 50 and 500+ power already and that's what I'm going to do with this.

People told me that once you hit 500, start knocking out milestones to get the more powerful gear. On the way to 500 I have been completely indiscriminate and simply equipping higher numbered gear. Certain weapons I have judiciously upgraded every so often otherwise same deal here.

Overall, I've never had it so good where I've gone up this quickly across two Destiny games up until now. Incredible.

Last edited:
Not sure how I feel about the guy making the videos - but eh, saw it and y'all might be interested. Have yet to buy it with the wifey.

Has anyone switched from destiny 2 on PS4 to pc? I get a free copy with my 1080 and wondering if it's worth playing. Seems like it's pretty good on occasion but may not be worth starting over?

I'm playing on a 21x9 display and some of the videos i watch are from consoles. I cannot understand how that FoV is playable. Its like looking through a paper towel roll.

So there is that.

MU1Pezz.jpg

Has anyone switched from destiny 2 on PS4 to pc? I get a free copy with my 1080 and wondering if it's worth playing. Seems like it's pretty good on occasion but may not be worth starting over?

If you purchase Forsaken you get a free boost to level 30 with 320 gear.

On that note, I just did that myself. The first Forsaken mission recommends 330, made it through that and the next one is 340. So I'm 18 light levels behind.

What is the best way to grind for gear these days? Strikes? The new vendor dailies that have you do 5 public events in a zone? Something else? I have no idea and 18 light levels seems like a lot.

If you purchase Forsaken you get a free boost to level 30 with 320 gear.

On that note, I just did that myself. The first Forsaken mission recommends 330, made it through that and the next one is 340. So I'm 18 light levels behind.

What is the best way to grind for gear these days? Strikes? The new vendor dailies that have you do 5 public events in a zone? Something else? I have no idea and 18 light levels seems like a lot.

Try this: Destiny 2

You can do strikes, crucible, gambit...whatever you want but I think you'll get the idea and what I did was arguably one of the most efficient ways of doing it. I couldn't believe how fast I went up.

There's no wrong way to do any of it.

I came into Forsaken in the low 380s thereabouts (if even that) and am now at 500 with maybe 6 hours of gameplay in total from yesterday and today in fairly painless fashion. Some of my gear is at 505.

I just can't really tolerate console gaming. I played a ton of destiny on PS4 then got destiny 2 on it as well as monster hunter because a buddy of mine is addicted to it. They don't wow me and it always feels choppy and sluggish. Glad it's not just me. That FOV difference is crazy. It may be worth starting over or buying forsaken as suggested. Thanks!

I'm playing on a 21x9 display and some of the videos i watch are from consoles. I cannot understand how that FoV is playable. Its like looking through a paper towel roll.

So there is that.

View attachment 102400

Good graphic.

Sometimes 105 is not enough. I try to stay a consistent distance away from the screen, but yeah, maybe I should consider an ultra-wide.

Try this: Destiny 2

You can do strikes, crucible, gambit...whatever you want but I think you'll get the idea and what I did was arguably one of the most efficient ways of doing it. I couldn't believe how fast I went up.

There's no wrong way to do any of it.

I came into Forsaken in the low 380s thereabouts (if even that) and am now at 500 with maybe 6 hours of gameplay in total from yesterday and today in fairly painless fashion. Some of my gear is at 505.

Three of Coins is back though? I think that link is a bit outdated?

Three of Coins is back though? I think that link is a bit outdated?

Sorry, wrong link. I must have been in some hurry.

Anyways yes: Get fireteam medallions at Eververse, fire them up, and run amok. ;) One lasts for four hours and I really can't believe how fast I went up over the last couple of days and fairly painlessly to boot.

Last edited:
I'm looking to see if Fireteam Medallion and Well-Rested stack. I want to say that it does but it's not quite 3x + 2x. It might barely be 4x (which comes out to x + 1x + 2x don't make me do this in LaTex).

like this
Is there matchmaking for raids or the new raid?

I wish. I still don't understand why this is somehow rocket science for raids, leviathan, etc. but works great for every other aspect of the game.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/08/17/destiny-2-forsaken-matchmaking-guided-games-clan-changes/

"Apparently" Guided Games might actually work? I'll try it eventually.

I think Guided Games are still kind of busted.

The best bet is to join a Discord (https://discord.gg/NssJnJ). That and DIM for inventory management - it's like Bungie can't do these things correctly and needs help.

like this
Finally got some real time with the game. Going from level 30/380 to 50/500 was pretty quick. I just did the story missions and any public events/bounties that happened to show up in my way. So far I've gotten 3-4 new weapons that I have enjoyed. I haven't encountered any exotics thus far, but I do have different bows for both the primary and secondary slot. I don't think those have a range cap. It seems like I can headshot enemies from the other side of the map with no drop off in damage. That's one of the only (minor) weaknesses for guns like the VW and GL - range. I don't have a full masterwork version yet, but they do seem to have less of a hit radius than guns, though. With guns, it seems to score hits if you're in a general radius of your shot. With the bows, that's way way smaller. Makes me wonder if that radius is resolution dependent like with some other games...?

Game-wise, I really liked what they did with the various boss enemies as part of the story. I really hope those missions get re-incorporated into some of the weekly quests. Several of those were more fun than strikes.

Finally got some real time with the game. Going from level 30/380 to 50/500 was pretty quick. I just did the story missions and any public events/bounties that happened to show up in my way. So far I've gotten 3-4 new weapons that I have enjoyed. I haven't encountered any exotics thus far, but I do have different bows for both the primary and secondary slot. I don't think those have a range cap. It seems like I can headshot enemies from the other side of the map with no drop off in damage. That's one of the only (minor) weaknesses for guns like the VW and GL - range. I don't have a full masterwork version yet, but they do seem to have less of a hit radius than guns, though. With guns, it seems to score hits if you're in a general radius of your shot. With the bows, that's way way smaller. Makes me wonder if that radius is resolution dependent like with some other games...?

Game-wise, I really liked what they did with the various boss enemies as part of the story. I really hope those missions get re-incorporated into some of the weekly quests. Several of those were more fun than strikes.
ya, the only one I wasn't a fan of was the hangman but im not a big fan of close quarters run in a circle boss fights. Wasn't that he was hard, just not nearly as fun as the others lol. I agree on leveling as Im slowly making my way through the story, just beat the machinist and im now onto the fanatic and uldren and find im leveling at a nice pacer with the stories. Its nice not having to stop and grind up levels to continue, every time I beat a baron the gear drops were enough to boost me to the next barons level requirement

I have to agree, the story in this expansion was better than the whole vanilla game and first two expansions.

Currently sitting at 520 and waiting patiently every time i crack my Prime engram that it will be another part of the Reverie Dawn armor set. I want to get to that full set then get some Transcendent Blessing mods!

Annoyingly my Purification Ritual bounty is for clearing the "The Corrupted" strike which isn't out yet (likely when the raid drops). Most people seem to have gotten the one that has you kill the Knights in the Ascendant Challenge and it is supposed to drop Transcendent Blessing mods. I don't understand if I did something that wrong or not that I didn't get that bounty from Petra.

I have to agree, the story in this expansion was better than the whole vanilla game and first two expansions.

Currently sitting at 520 and waiting patiently every time i crack my Prime engram that it will be another part of the Reverie Dawn armor set. I want to get to that full set then get some Transcendent Blessing mods!

Annoyingly my Purification Ritual bounty is for clearing the "The Corrupted" strike which isn't out yet (likely when the raid drops). Most people seem to have gotten the one that has you kill the Knights in the Ascendant Challenge and it is supposed to drop Transcendent Blessing mods. I don't understand if I did something that wrong or not that I didn't get that bounty from Petra.

I need to start working over Dreaming City (wow!) today. I just got there. Lots of extra content and activities to be sure.

I'm still doing the normal post-main story Forsaken missions and I'm impressed with how many there are and how much there is to do. The idea that this is Destiny 2's "Taken King" is spot on. It seems like an overhaul to the entire game and the new content is far and wide.

Something I have just now noticed - did cluster bomb rockets get a massive boost at some point? I got one as a random drop and I can't help but notice how much damage it (and others like Curtain Call) are doing. Blue Shift isn't even worth messing with when a random blue cluster bomb rocket is doing 3x damage.

I need to start working over Dreaming City (wow!) today. I just got there. Lots of extra content and activities to be sure.

Man, enjoy it. And hold out as much as you can looking up all the secrets and hidden things. It's such a cool place and there is SO much more yet to come based on everything i've seen. I can't wait!

like this
Man, enjoy it. And hold out as much as you can looking up all the secrets and hidden things. It's such a cool place and there is SO much more yet to come based on everything i've seen. I can't wait!

I've really stayed off the Internet and avoided spoilers and will continue to do so.

I knew there was a post main story "dreaming city" but that was it and my jaw hit the floor when I saw it and started going through it. Imagine my reaction when I was done and saw it was yet another whole new area with public events and the works.

Bungie knocked this out of the park.

Back