Destiny 2

I took another run and got a new drop on the rifle. I was with another random team. By sheer accident, I found one random item that I investigated along the way.

So do I go back again this week or am I done? What should I do?

As for loot, you did the thing, you're good. Running it more would be for more roles of the exotic or getting the scannable items for the triumph.

As for loot, you did the thing, you're good. Running it more would be for more roles of the exotic or getting the scannable items for the triumph.
It actually gave me a triumph just for this one scan I did.

Spoke too soon, another weekly timegated thing like the penguins on Europa.

Looks like this one requires you to be on your third run to even interact with it.

This is separate from the 5 scannables.

I went back solo for my third time in total. (Second time post getting the gun first time.) I can't do it solo. The room where the guardian ship is with all the spawns...@#$% it. No way.

power out again for the last 24 hours. I just ran through it solo up to the point you drop down into the compactor. I am too tired to continue tonight but the puzzle up to this point is top notch. The sounds and look are top notch.

I went back solo for my third time in total. (Second time post getting the gun first time.) I can't do it solo. The room where the guardian ship is with all the spawns...@#$% it. No way.

As you enter the Hanger, on your right up the ramp, there is a recess along the wall you can jump up into. It will not protect you completely, but it does hide from most the fire and bottlenecks them nicely as they try to get to you. I used Witherhoard to wipe them out on the catwalk below me and shot the few straglers that made it up to me. Still had to get down to take care of the big guys, but it helps a ton while you thin the herd.

That said, the final Boss was rough for me both times. Actually had a more difficult time the second go around when I knew what to do and had leveled a little more. I'm off work today (2-18) if you want to try it out. Should be up after 11am if you're interested.

--

Looks like the Dragonfly Spec Mods helps out weapons with the Chain Reaction Perk. I just finished Salvagers Salvo yesterday and am eager to try it out (link will take you about a minute into the video, Jarv tends to carry on during his intros).

Last edited:
Salvager's Salvo... one of several items I need to focus on more. Witherhoard is one of my all time favorites so I have NO problems using it plenty. I've dominated Battlegrounds with it.

Frakksured I'll be around when you are so I'll look for you depending on what's going on.

Salvager's Salvo... one of several items I need to focus on more. Witherhoard is one of my all time favorites so I have NO problems using it plenty. I've dominated Battlegrounds with it.

Frakksured I'll be around when you are so I'll look for you depending on what's going on.

I spent about and hour and a half in the Strike playlist with Fighting Lion and a heavy GL and got that quest done. Worth it, its such a good breach loading launcher. Not quite mountaintop but nothing will ever touch MT's utility and outright power.

Side note but It brings me back to when we have autoloading rifts and rally barricades. In retrospect, being able to stand in a well/rift and literally spam click with Mountaintop was just insane. Completely understandable how both auto-reload and MT had to go away.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I have mostly been focused on Points Piercing Forever catalyst for the new exotic bow. I got it all done except the calibrate data part which I have at 100. I made sure I had ranked up enough to get the absolutely much needed boost for this quest. It's just taking forever and now I have to look at this grenade thing.

As you enter the Hanger, on your right up the ramp, there is a recess along the wall you can jump up into. It will not protect you completely, but it does hide from most the fire and bottlenecks them nicely as they try to get to you. I used Witherhoard to wipe them out on the catwalk below me and shot the few straglers that made it up to me. Still had to get down to take care of the big guys, but it helps a ton while you thin the herd.

That said, the final Boss was rough for me both times. Actually had a more difficult time the second go around when I knew what to do and had leveled a little more. I'm off work today (2-18) if you want to try it out. Should be up after 11am if you're interested.

--

Looks like the Dragonfly Spec Mods helps out weapons with the Chain Reaction Perk. I just finished Salvagers Salvo yesterday and am eager to try it out (link will take you about a minute into the video, Jarv tends to carry on during his intros).

I'll admit, i haven't watch that video (yet) but Ehroar's just came up in my feed and I watched it. He does some pretty extensive testing that shows it has no impact on Chain Reaction so now i'm curious what that the video you linked is saying.

LOL I am jealous. I feel like I'm making zero progress on these quests.

I felt the same. Been working 12hr days, but had yesterday and today off. I just sat down and spent the entire day yesterday hammering things out. I had just hit rank 28 on the Season Pass, and already had quite a bit of progress by using Witherhoard so much doing all the core activities for Powerfuls and Pinnacles. When I got sick of Nightfalls, I switched to Gambit (which I normally hate). It honestly wasn't as bad as I thought. Same with the new Bow. Had to get 50 kills in Crucible, but they count all your assists it seems (or the season pass perk was kicking in), so it went pretty quickly.

I'm having a harder time getting Stasis Melee final blows, lol.

I'll admit, i haven't watch that video (yet) but Ehroar's just came up in my feed and I watched it. He does some pretty extensive testing that shows it has no impact on Chain Reaction so now i'm curious what that the video you linked is saying.

Dang, Ehoar is typically pretty thorough too. Now I'm curious.

I ran across Aztecross in control last night. He was using Palindrome so I guess we can expect a review from him in the foreseeable future.

I watched Frostbolt's yesterday. It look's real good. Now if the game would drop me one. Honestly, I want a Bottom Dollar more, however the drop rates on that are abysmal and you have to play Gambit. Looks like Cross put this up on his youtube community page yesterday.

1613673984627.png

Going to try some 1330 Nightfalls later at -20 power level, should be fun but at least its Arms Dealer, the easiest Nightfall there is.

I do find it interesting that both new handcannons are Void, been a while since we had any of those.

I watched Frostbolt's yesterday. It look's real good. Now if the game would drop me one. Honestly, I want a Bottom Dollar more, however the drop rates on that are abysmal and you have to play Gambit. Looks like Cross put this up on his youtube community page yesterday.

View attachment 330749

Going to try some 1330 Nightfalls later at -20 power level, should be fun but at least its Arms Dealer, the easiest Nightfall there is.

I do find it interesting that both new handcannons are Void, been a while since we had any of those.
I managed to get one after a million runs of gambit. It actually works pretty well for a sub optimal roll(Rangefinder/Disruption). I was using it last night when I came across Aztec.

Was testing a double HC build on my titan. Unfortunately the vid is still processing HD :/

Last edited:
I managed to get one after a million runs of gambit. It actually works pretty well for a sub optimal roll(Rangefinder/Disruption). I was using it last night when I came across Aztec.

Was testing a double HC build on my titan. Unfortunately the vid is still process HD :/

You did it to him. :-P

I got a Palindrome to drop but it was deemed F on light.gg - that's a first for me, so there's that. I also got a Brass Attacks before the level in the Season Pass or whatever. And the HC that drops from Gambit, Bottom Dollar. I've gotten such wonderfully bad rolls (I am not crouching to reload or shoot, thank you very much).

I'm sold on Brass Attacks. I'm usually not a big sidearm person but I got a good roll on it with rampage and feeding frenzy. I would like to try and get Palindrome but I guess 1300 Nightfall is about the best way to get it done? I'm at about 1285.

Last edited:
I'm sold on Brass Attacks. I'm usually not a big sidearm person but I got a good roll on it with rampage and feeding frenzy. I would like to try and get Palindrome but I guess 1300 Nightfall is about the best way to get it done? I'm at about 1285.
1613706765711.png

Cross is guessing Legend (1300) is about 30%, while Master (1330) is about 80%.

like this
I did get a Palindrome on my first nightfall this week. It's got high cal/killing wind/rangefinder with a range masterwork. I'm really liking it, it just feels really good. Might try for a bottom dollar roll next but it sounds like that's gonna take a reset or two of gambit with the drop rates currently.

The drop rates for the nightfall weapons and the gambit hand cannon seem unusually low though from community feedback. Wouldn't surprise me if that gets buffed a smidge or if they just left it be.

Last edited:
Agreed. I have yet to see either weapon and I did another handful of nightfalls and a whole ton of gambit last night.

like this
View attachment 330930

Cross is guessing Legend (1300) is about 30%, while Master (1330) is about 80%.

So I can basically forget about it at 1285 and keep on dreaming. LOL. From what I'm gathering from others including in this thread I suspect a tweak probably needs to happen to make these drops a little less stingy. Frankly I think it's a bit ridiculous as is based on what you all have said.

So I can basically forget about it at 1285 and keep on dreaming. LOL. From what I'm gathering from others including in this thread I suspect a tweak probably needs to happen to make these drops a little less stingy. Frankly I think it's a bit ridiculous as is based on what you all have said.

I can't believe it. I got a Pali on a fluke Nightfall 1270 run. Killing Wind, High Wind Reserves, Adaptive Frame. Choices of Armor Piercing rounds or Ricochet (I always go AP.) That's a pretty good first drop best I can gauge. I like it!

I can't believe it. I got a Pali on a fluke Nightfall 1270 run. Killing Wind, High Wind Reserves, Adaptive Frame. Choices of Armor Piercing rounds or Ricochet (I always go AP.) That's a pretty good first drop best I can gauge. I like it!
Nice! I've grown to really like killing wind on primary weapons.

LOL. I can help you with that if you want the next time we cross paths. It was fun playing last night. Thanks for all that help!

How many Hawkmoons can we get per week? 1 or 2?

That would be cool! I have Friday off next week (or if you're up late this weekend), but that's it. I'll touch base with you closer to then and see what your availability is like. Since it's after the reset we can always run the ship again for the new scannable. (y)

LOL. I can help you with that if you want the next time we cross paths. It was fun playing last night. Thanks for all that help!

How many Hawkmoons can we get per week? 1 or 2?

That would be cool! I have Friday off next week (or if you're up late this weekend), but that's it. I'll touch base with you closer to then and see what your availability is like. Since it's after the reset we can always run the ship again for the new scannable. (y)

hit me up too, I havent done the hawkmoon or the new one yet, just soloed a very small part of each of them.

Ping me if I'm in-game and I'll come help (or get carried, LOL).

So mad right now lol

Tried soloing the presage thing, made it all the way to just before the boss with 0 deaths. Lost internet connection! I doubt I would have got a flawless but that's a lot further than my first try (the compactor)

So mad right now lol

Tried soloing the presage thing, made it all the way to just before the boss with 0 deaths. Lost internet connection! I doubt I would have got a flawless but that's a lot further than my first try (the compactor)

Tried for solo flawless 3 times, haven't made it yet, lol. Technically 4 times, but one was a failed jump at the beginning. :cautious: Stared at my screen for at least half a minute giving it the "Seriously?" look. Nope, not counting that one.

like this
Is there a triumph for solo flawless on the new mission?

Oh, fyi - Confirmed drop rate for the Palindrome is 100% in the 1270 nightfall. I'm 2 for 2. This one is Killing Wind / One for all with a reload mw. I also realize I will jinx myself and not see another for the next 300 runs.

Edit: there is a triumph. That shouldn't be too bad. Oh, and don't forget to put the Vanguard Prosperity mod on your ghost if you're trying to get a nightfall drop.

Back