Destiny 2 - Eververse Protest

Time for publishers to rethink the MT shit. People are starting to revolt.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I think they're just getting fed up with the cycle of Bungie.

It's not just cosmetics that's being sold. Armor with pretty good stats, from what I can understand, is up for grabs.

In order to get Dawning Engrams, you have to complete event-specific quests. No big deal, right? There's just one problem: you can only earn three of those engrams per week, one up front and two through challenges. And that's per account, not per character. Even if you play every day and get perfect, non-duplicate drops (which you won't), you'll only get a fraction of the 59 items available during The Dawning's 3-week run. You can buy gear with the game's free Bright Dust currency, but it's hard to earn in any significant amount. In short: if you don't pay real cash, most of this content will disappear forever (or at least, until the next holiday).
https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/23/destiny-2-the-dawning-loot-complaints/

I think they're just getting fed up with the cycle of Bungie.

It's not just cosmetics that's being sold. Armor with pretty good stats, from what I can understand, is up for grabs.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/23/destiny-2-the-dawning-loot-complaints/

The armor up for grabs is meant for cosmetics and has a power level of 10, decent gear now is all 310+. You need to infuse better armor to the cosmetic armor to make it usable. And nearly all armor is identical, you make it what you want by adjusting traits.

The problem with eververse is that it is not just cosmetic anymore. There are items such as ghosts that give bonuses in the game that no other comparable item earned in game can match. Also every update has more and more items locked behind the eververse paywall and it is clear their intent is to keep pushing the limit of what they can do with their cash shop.

The protest is somewhat justified especially since this isn't a free to play game. Calling them cry babies is turning a blind eye to what has ruined Destiny for many players already.

The problem with eververse is that it is not just cosmetic anymore. There are items such as ghosts that give bonuses in the game that no other comparable item earned in game can match. Also every update has more and more items locked behind the eververse paywall and it is clear their intent is to keep pushing the limit of what they can do with their cash shop.

The protest is somewhat justified especially since this isn't a free to play game. Calling them cry babies is turning a blind eye to what has ruined Destiny for many players already.

Please provide an example of an Eververse Ghost spec that affects the game in any way. All Ghosts give character bonuses, and the game drops them all the time. The Vendor Ghosts have the same bonuses as the other ones, but they LOOK different. Aka cosmetic items.

Last edited:
It's cosmetic stuff. There isn't one single thing in that shop that you can't get a better version of via a normal drop. It's just a bunch of people upset over horse armor.

It's cosmetic stuff. There isn't one single thing in that shop that you can't get a better version of via a normal drop. It's just a bunch of people upset over horse armor.

Bungie should replace the Eververse items with actual skins to stop giving ammo to ignorant people who think the item stats matters. Most of the people bitching clearly don’t even understand the system, they are just circle jerking on what they think is the next Battlefront loot box fiasco.

Please provide an example of an Eververse Ghost spec that affects the game in any way. All Ghosts give character bonuses, and the game drops them all the time. The Vendor Ghosts have the same bonuses as the other ones, but they LOOK different. Aka cosmetic items.

https://www.destiny2.info/exotic/2549404869/winter-lotus-shell

Provides loot bonuses on all planets, if a similar exotic ghost drops in game without buying or earning a dime bag dawning engram then please correct me. When I played in game up to the release of CoO nothing similar dropped.

People that have played since D1 can see where this is going. At launch there was no Eververse. Then it was added but was only emotes, and they said it would only be used to fund further live team activities since they weren't going to offer any more smaller DLC for D1.

Now that D2 is here Eververse sells ghosts, shaders, ships, weapon ornaments, armor ornaments, and transmat effects. That's taking development time away from making better more interesting items for the base game. Sure you can get lucky and earn them from bright engrams, but those who are collectors will likely feel the need to shell out cash at some point.

Regardless, A game like D2 that costs full price plus $40 worth of DLC per year to stay current should not have all the best cosmetic items locked behind a cash shop. That is free to play territory.

This game showed up in front of all my played/installed games on my PS4 with a "Buy Now" button...fuck you, Bungie.

That isn't just Bungie - the new PS4 update has ads enabled by default, a la Windows 10's "Suggested Apps."

Got this for free with my 1080 a couple of weeks ago.

99% of that shit is just cosmetic but it does irk me a bit.

I don't understand why you can't pay money for actual useful shit though, like more inventory slots. I'd gladly throw them a few bones for +20 inventory slots.

Bungie has no idea on how to crowd control everything about the game is good until you get sick of it.

Bungie has no idea on how to crowd control everything about the game is good until you get sick of it.

A lot of comments and reactions I've gathered from the die hards coming off the first game... long/short: Bungie needs to listen to the consensus points and respond sooner rather than later.

I did not like Destiny from the start...

Its basically a single player game turned into an MMO for anti-piracy purposes and monetization only.

And I was right with the ffirst one and I am even more right with the second one.

If they were a real MMO, they would just update Destiny instead of releasing another one. It goes against everything MMOs do. There is no WoW 2, there is no Warframe 2, there is no Calsh of Clans 2. complete bs.

Back