Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Yeah same here can't wait.kirbyrj said:Ordered mine yesterday, should be here this week sometime. i'll let you know.
sweet results what are using to cool?truffle00 said:If my results are any indication, I think you could START your overclocking at 2.5.![]()
![]()
technically... my revE oc'ing database already has you covered, i just need to update itGFreeman9 said:Please if anyone has one post your Overclocks/Super Pi. Also please write your stepping.
ok cool(cf)Eclipse said:technically... my revE oc'ing database already has you covered, i just need to update it![]()
Nah I rather not have this as a main thread because I thought I was getting one, but it appears that monarch is out of stock so I'm not.(cf)Eclipse said:heh, we can leave this going though, it'll probably generate more interest cause nobody ever reads stickies anyway![]()
if memory serves me right, robberbaron should have a 165 on the way![]()
Monarch Computer Systems said:Thank you for your recent order with Monarch Computer! You placed an order for an Opteron 165 processor. We received an overwhelming response to the processor, which quickly depleted our existing inventory. Unfortunately, we have just been informed by AMD directly that there was a manufacturing issue that occurred on this particular processor. AMD does not expect to have stock on this processor until the end of this month, and that may change depending on the manufacturing process. We do apologize immensely for this, and would like to offer you an AMD gift bag of items to go along with your processor once they are available for shipping again. If you have any questions, please do no hesitate to reply back to this email. Be sure to include your order number in any correspondence back. Please check our website for the most up to date ETA on the processor, and if there are any developments that will cause any more delays we will update you.
thats interesting..Monarch Computer Systems said:Unfortunately, we have just been informed by AMD directly that there was a manufacturing issue that occurred on this particular processor.
GFreeman9 said:sweet results what are using to cool?
ShiShKaBoB said:thats interesting..![]()
mWave still has them in stock! Mine is coming tomorrow.
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=BA22051
EDIT: mWave is now out of stock I called and asked when they thought they would get them back in.. and I got the typical "i have no idea" answer in the form of "we could possibly get these back in a week - we have these on back order."
It's quite funny because when I called up on Saturday I talked to the same guy "Sergio" and asked Him how many they had, and He said "we have 34... I dont think we'll be selling out any time soon." and I chuckled.
truffle00 said:Ripped from the other thread:
"Reporting in on my Opteron 165...
Right now I'm at 2.7 GHz, 1.45 V (~1.41-1.43 V actual I think), 9 x 300 MHz with a 5:6 RAM divider. Basically, I set the chip at 250 Mhz right off the bat and went up in 10 Mhz intervals, and got to 2.7 painlessly. I don't know if this is stable yet as I need to use my computer right now, but it's been working in Windows for the past 45 minutes or so. My high hopes before were to reach 2.7 GHz, undoubtedly after much tweaking (if I ever did at all), so this is quite the surprise. Tomorrow I'll see how high I can take it, though there will probably be plenty of other people talking as well (everyone who got the processor shipped 2 Day).
EDIT: Woooo, just played CS: Source for 45 minutes without a problem. Generally, if it can go that long there shouldn't be problems playing for more time, but I'll have to retest on another day when I have more time. I know I should do all the Prime and SuperPi and Memtest-ing, but really, the most demanding thing I do is game. If it's stable enough to game for hours it's stable enough for me, so that's what I'll stick with. Since this is dual core I will probably start running something in the background (encoding a movie, most likely), and I'll report on that later."
Stepping is CCBWE 0534SPMW.
the Opteron 165 came with the heatpipe cooler?ShiShKaBoB said:Woohoo! just got mine from mWave. Im going to backup some files, and reinstall windows.. I will post OC results soonIt acutally came with a smudge of thermal grease left on it.. (I guess the really do test these well..
)
![]()
![]()
P.S. the stock 4400+ heatpiped heat sink seems beefier than this one.
It looks like the same HSF.ShiShKaBoB said:The stock HSF seems flimsy to me.. I had my hands on a 4400+ HSF the other day, and that heatsink was heavier and the heat pipe design seemed better to me.. Im not going to use the the HSF that comes with this.. I have the Thermalright SLK948 w/55CFM 80mm that i bought with my FX53 when they first came out. ('l'll see how it handles the 165.)
There seems to be some variance on what HSF comes with a 4400+ShiShKaBoB said:It is different, the 4400+ that I built the other day had 3 pipes leading out from one side of the base, and it was alot heavier than this one. This one has 4 pipes coming out from the base - 2 on each side, but they look like smaller pipes, and the coating on then is different than that of the 4400+ HSF. Plus I dont recall there being fins on the top next to the fan. I'll edit this in a few minutes and update it with pictures..
ShiShKaBoB said:It is different, the 4400+ that I built the other day had 3 pipes leading out from one side of the base, and it was alot heavier than this one. This one has 4 pipes coming out from the base - 2 on each side, but they look like smaller pipes, and the coating on then is different than that of the 4400+ HSF. Plus I dont recall there being fins on the top next to the fan. I'll edit this in a few minutes and update it with pictures..
SKy042 said:Now this I find interesting.
this chap http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1028530159&postcount=1
Says his X2 4400+ has the exact same codes on his lid........despite the 165 being clocked 400Mhz slower.
yeah I know.kirbyrj said:That's because they are essentially the same chip with different multipliers.
My bad, I actually dont have pictures of the 4400+ HSF that I had my hands on.. I built it for somebody else. What I meant was I would post pictures of the Opteron 165 HSF, but i figured most people here aleady had one.. so I decided not to.. sorry bout that..kirbyrj said:What happened to the pictures? I was interested in seeing them
Yeah, that is interesting isn't it? I would like to see a picture of it.I think I'll call AMD tomorrow and ask them about that..SKy042 said:Now this I find interesting.
this chap http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.p...159&postcount=1
Says his X2 4400+ has the exact same codes on his lid........despite the 165 being clocked 400Mhz slower..
ShiShKaBoB said:My bad, I actually dont have pictures of the 4400+ HSF that I had my hands on.. I built it for somebody else. What I meant was I would post pictures of the Opteron 165 HSF, but i figured most people here aleady had one.. so I decided not to.. sorry bout that..
Yeah, that is interesting isn't it? I would like to see a picture of it.I think I'll call AMD tomorrow and ask them about that..

Wolfmyst said:I just got my Opteron 170 yesterday afternoon from Monarch. I am 0530 and I saw a guy in another forum with a 170 with the same week and letters: 0530TPMW. He was getting 2.9 ghz, though was watercooling it. I will be happy with 2.6, and content with 2.4. I'll push for higher though.
ShiShKaBoB said:My bad, I actually dont have pictures of the 4400+ HSF that I had my hands on.. I built it for somebody else. What I meant was I would post pictures of the Opteron 165 HSF, but i figured most people here aleady had one.. so I decided not to.. sorry bout that..