Denmark Opterons

GFreeman9

Gawd
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
643
Please if anyone has one post your Overclocks/Super Pi. Also please write your stepping.
 
I would wager since it's dual core, that it is 1MB/core L2.

Rob
 
Ordered mine yesterday, should be here this week sometime. i'll let you know.
 
Ripped from the other thread:


"Reporting in on my Opteron 165...

Right now I'm at 2.7 GHz, 1.45 V (~1.41-1.43 V actual I think), 9 x 300 MHz with a 5:6 RAM divider. Basically, I set the chip at 250 Mhz right off the bat and went up in 10 Mhz intervals, and got to 2.7 painlessly. I don't know if this is stable yet as I need to use my computer right now, but it's been working in Windows for the past 45 minutes or so. My high hopes before were to reach 2.7 GHz, undoubtedly after much tweaking (if I ever did at all), so this is quite the surprise. Tomorrow I'll see how high I can take it, though there will probably be plenty of other people talking as well (everyone who got the processor shipped 2 Day).

EDIT: Woooo, just played CS: Source for 45 minutes without a problem. Generally, if it can go that long there shouldn't be problems playing for more time, but I'll have to retest on another day when I have more time. I know I should do all the Prime and SuperPi and Memtest-ing, but really, the most demanding thing I do is game. If it's stable enough to game for hours it's stable enough for me, so that's what I'll stick with. Since this is dual core I will probably start running something in the background (encoding a movie, most likely), and I'll report on that later."

Stepping is CCBWE 0534SPMW.
 
i'll be getting my Opty 165 tomorrow, will post results soon. I'm hoping to get at least 2.5 :)
 
If my results are any indication, I think you could START your overclocking at 2.5. ;) :D
 
GFreeman9 said:
Please if anyone has one post your Overclocks/Super Pi. Also please write your stepping.
technically... my revE oc'ing database already has you covered, i just need to update it :D
 
heh, we can leave this going though, it'll probably generate more interest cause nobody ever reads stickies anyway :( :p

if memory serves me right, robberbaron should have a 165 on the way :cool:
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
heh, we can leave this going though, it'll probably generate more interest cause nobody ever reads stickies anyway :( :p

if memory serves me right, robberbaron should have a 165 on the way :cool:
Nah I rather not have this as a main thread because I thought I was getting one, but it appears that monarch is out of stock so I'm not.
Monarch Computer Systems said:
Thank you for your recent order with Monarch Computer! You placed an order for an Opteron 165 processor. We received an overwhelming response to the processor, which quickly depleted our existing inventory. Unfortunately, we have just been informed by AMD directly that there was a manufacturing issue that occurred on this particular processor. AMD does not expect to have stock on this processor until the end of this month, and that may change depending on the manufacturing process. We do apologize immensely for this, and would like to offer you an AMD gift bag of items to go along with your processor once they are available for shipping again. If you have any questions, please do no hesitate to reply back to this email. Be sure to include your order number in any correspondence back. Please check our website for the most up to date ETA on the processor, and if there are any developments that will cause any more delays we will update you.
 
Monarch Computer Systems said:
Unfortunately, we have just been informed by AMD directly that there was a manufacturing issue that occurred on this particular processor.
thats interesting.. :confused:


mWave still has them in stock! Mine is coming tomorrow.

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=BA22051


EDIT: mWave is now out of stock I called and asked when they thought they would get them back in.. and I got the typical "i have no idea" answer in the form of "we could possibly get these back in a week - we have these on back order."

It's quite funny because when I called up on Saturday I talked to the same guy "Sergio" and asked Him how many they had, and He said "we have 34... I dont think we'll be selling out any time soon." and I chuckled.
 
GFreeman9 said:
sweet results what are using to cool?

Thermalright SI-120 with a Panaflo L1A...hardly monster cooling. And thanks for asking, I forgot to put that in my sig.
 
ShiShKaBoB said:
thats interesting.. :confused:


mWave still has them in stock! Mine is coming tomorrow.

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=BA22051


EDIT: mWave is now out of stock I called and asked when they thought they would get them back in.. and I got the typical "i have no idea" answer in the form of "we could possibly get these back in a week - we have these on back order."

It's quite funny because when I called up on Saturday I talked to the same guy "Sergio" and asked Him how many they had, and He said "we have 34... I dont think we'll be selling out any time soon." and I chuckled.

Ordered mine from them on Sunday, fedex 2nd day delivery. They sent me a "your order has shipped" tracking has it showing up tomorrow. :)
 
Wow, I jumped onto the Opty train about 1AM on Tuesday, EST. I woke up today, checked to see what the situation was. My processor is shipped, and Mwave is out of stock. Guess I got in on the tail end of it. It should be getting here Thursday.
 
Wow I must have gotten one of Mwave's LAST ones.
I ordered last night and it shipped out today via fedex.
Opty 165 on it's WAAAYYY!!!!
 
truffle00 said:
Ripped from the other thread:


"Reporting in on my Opteron 165...

Right now I'm at 2.7 GHz, 1.45 V (~1.41-1.43 V actual I think), 9 x 300 MHz with a 5:6 RAM divider. Basically, I set the chip at 250 Mhz right off the bat and went up in 10 Mhz intervals, and got to 2.7 painlessly. I don't know if this is stable yet as I need to use my computer right now, but it's been working in Windows for the past 45 minutes or so. My high hopes before were to reach 2.7 GHz, undoubtedly after much tweaking (if I ever did at all), so this is quite the surprise. Tomorrow I'll see how high I can take it, though there will probably be plenty of other people talking as well (everyone who got the processor shipped 2 Day).

EDIT: Woooo, just played CS: Source for 45 minutes without a problem. Generally, if it can go that long there shouldn't be problems playing for more time, but I'll have to retest on another day when I have more time. I know I should do all the Prime and SuperPi and Memtest-ing, but really, the most demanding thing I do is game. If it's stable enough to game for hours it's stable enough for me, so that's what I'll stick with. Since this is dual core I will probably start running something in the background (encoding a movie, most likely), and I'll report on that later."

Stepping is CCBWE 0534SPMW.

I got the same stepping as you exactly. 2.7Ghz here I come :). Priming right now at 2.4Ghz with 1.35V. Load temps 39C

Edit: got it up to 2.7ghz in Windows...trying prime now.
 
Woohoo! just got mine from mWave. Im going to backup some files, and reinstall windows.. I will post OC results soon :D It acutally came with a smudge of thermal grease left on it.. (I guess the really do test these well.. :eek: )

opterown1651vl.jpg


opterown165hs3qp.jpg



P.S. the stock 4400+ heatpiped heat sink seems beefier than this one.
 
ShiShKaBoB said:
Woohoo! just got mine from mWave. Im going to backup some files, and reinstall windows.. I will post OC results soon :D It acutally came with a smudge of thermal grease left on it.. (I guess the really do test these well.. :eek: )

opterown1651vl.jpg


opterown165hs3qp.jpg



P.S. the stock 4400+ heatpiped heat sink seems beefier than this one.
the Opteron 165 came with the heatpipe cooler?
Damn guess I didn't need to buy another one I expected the chepo A64 cooler.

And yeah guess they do test them well but also look at the heat spread cap the edges have been smoothed and rounded down.....the chips def got personal attention.
 
The stock HSF seems flimsy to me.. I had my hands on a 4400+ HSF the other day, and that heatsink was heavier and the heat pipe design seemed better to me.. Im not going to use the the HSF that comes with this.. I have the Thermalright SLK948 w/55CFM 80mm that i bought with my FX53 when they first came out. ('l'll see how it handles the 165.)
 
ShiShKaBoB said:
The stock HSF seems flimsy to me.. I had my hands on a 4400+ HSF the other day, and that heatsink was heavier and the heat pipe design seemed better to me.. Im not going to use the the HSF that comes with this.. I have the Thermalright SLK948 w/55CFM 80mm that i bought with my FX53 when they first came out. ('l'll see how it handles the 165.)
It looks like the same HSF.
I'll have to see when I get mine.
I've got a HSF off a 4400+ and one from a FX-55 that I can use if the one that comes with the Opty feels cheesey.
 
I'd be interested to see if it's any different than the 4400+ HSF.
 
It is different, the 4400+ that I built the other day had 3 pipes leading out from one side of the base, and it was alot heavier than this one. This one has 4 pipes coming out from the base - 2 on each side, but they look like smaller pipes, and the coating on then is different than that of the 4400+ HSF. Plus I dont recall there being fins on the top next to the fan. I'll edit this in a few minutes and update it with pictures..
 
ShiShKaBoB said:
It is different, the 4400+ that I built the other day had 3 pipes leading out from one side of the base, and it was alot heavier than this one. This one has 4 pipes coming out from the base - 2 on each side, but they look like smaller pipes, and the coating on then is different than that of the 4400+ HSF. Plus I dont recall there being fins on the top next to the fan. I'll edit this in a few minutes and update it with pictures..
There seems to be some variance on what HSF comes with a 4400+
Anything from the stock A64 cooler(non-heatpipe)
to a FX-55 Cooler which is identical to the one pictured.
to another slightly more stout cooler that has possibly 3 heat pipes.
and it seems completely random which one AMD is including with the chips.

The only nice part is that the thermal output of the chips is such that the heatpipe coolers aren't a requirement but rather a nice thing to have.
 
ShiShKaBoB said:
It is different, the 4400+ that I built the other day had 3 pipes leading out from one side of the base, and it was alot heavier than this one. This one has 4 pipes coming out from the base - 2 on each side, but they look like smaller pipes, and the coating on then is different than that of the 4400+ HSF. Plus I dont recall there being fins on the top next to the fan. I'll edit this in a few minutes and update it with pictures..

What happened to the pictures? I was interested in seeing them :D.
 
Got my Opteron today via fed-ex.
It's the same as Shishkabob's.
same code and week.
Right down to the smudge of thermal grease left on the lid.
 
kirbyrj said:
That's because they are essentially the same chip with different multipliers.
yeah I know.
I just was surprised to see the identical markings........I think we need a picture of that guys 4400 put it next to a Opteron 165 and show that aussie board they're the same thing.
 
kirbyrj said:
What happened to the pictures? I was interested in seeing them
My bad, I actually dont have pictures of the 4400+ HSF that I had my hands on.. I built it for somebody else. What I meant was I would post pictures of the Opteron 165 HSF, but i figured most people here aleady had one.. so I decided not to.. sorry bout that..


SKy042 said:
Now this I find interesting.
this chap http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.p...159&postcount=1

Says his X2 4400+ has the exact same codes on his lid........despite the 165 being clocked 400Mhz slower..
Yeah, that is interesting isn't it? I would like to see a picture of it.I think I'll call AMD tomorrow and ask them about that..
 
ShiShKaBoB said:
My bad, I actually dont have pictures of the 4400+ HSF that I had my hands on.. I built it for somebody else. What I meant was I would post pictures of the Opteron 165 HSF, but i figured most people here aleady had one.. so I decided not to.. sorry bout that..


Yeah, that is interesting isn't it? I would like to see a picture of it.I think I'll call AMD tomorrow and ask them about that..

I was able to confirm that the X2 does use CCBWE but don't have another chip in here with the same week/stepping.
 
I just got my Opteron 170 yesterday afternoon from Monarch. I am 0530 and I saw a guy in another forum with a 170 with the same week and letters: 0530TPMW. He was getting 2.9 ghz, though was watercooling it. I will be happy with 2.6, and content with 2.4. I'll push for higher though.

I'm waiting for my DFI Lanparty Expert, Thermalright SI-120, Delta 120mm three blade fan, 2GB Ballistix PC4000 kit, OCZ Powerstream 520w, and of course the Geforce 7800GTX 512 MB. What a great time to upgrade! And I was going to wait for M2 too. Good thing they delayed it. All of my stuff except the 7800 should be here by next Tuesday. I'll post my results once I get the 7800 though since I have no PCIe card to use in the meantime.

 
cpus.jpg


in the next 2 pics you can see the extra care given to the opteron with the smoothing of the endges and the surface of the cap feels slightly smoother and you can see the residue on it from testing.
cpus2.jpg

IMG
 
Wolfmyst said:
I just got my Opteron 170 yesterday afternoon from Monarch. I am 0530 and I saw a guy in another forum with a 170 with the same week and letters: 0530TPMW. He was getting 2.9 ghz, though was watercooling it. I will be happy with 2.6, and content with 2.4. I'll push for higher though.

You should be able to get 2.4 with stock voltage (maybe even 2.6 if you have a good chip and good cooling).

Nice work with the pics...thanks Sky

ShiShKaBoB said:
My bad, I actually dont have pictures of the 4400+ HSF that I had my hands on.. I built it for somebody else. What I meant was I would post pictures of the Opteron 165 HSF, but i figured most people here aleady had one.. so I decided not to.. sorry bout that..

No worries...thanks anyway ;).
 
CCBWE 0550UPMW

http://www.geocities.com/wwswimming/opty_175.jpg

right now running at stock speeds on an MSI mATX motherboard.

still feels good though !

system has Mushkin Level 2 which was real stable in an Asus P4C800
system. 4 x 512 @ 2-2-2-5 with 10% OC.

looking forward to bumping the bus speed. might need help
understanding the MSI BIOS screens.
 
what a way to bump a 5 month old thread, but props to teh n00b for using that handy search button!
 
Back
Top